JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Thank You Raishun

Author Topic: [TV] Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations  (Read 4349 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:51:53 AM »

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations is an ongoing American travel and food show on the Travel Channel; it also airs on the Discovery Travel & Living channel around the world. Host Anthony Bourdain visits overseas countries, cities worldwide, and places within the U.S., where hosts treat him to local culture and cuisine. The series premiered in 2005 on the Travel Channel. The format and content of the show is similar to Bourdain's 2001–2002 Food Network series, A Cook's Tour.

The special episode Anthony Bourdain in Beirut that aired between Seasons 2 and 3 was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Informational Programming in 2007. In 2009 the series won the Emmy for "Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming"

Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Michael "Tony" Bourdain (born June 25, 1956) is an American author and chef. He is well known for his 2000 book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, and is the host of Travel Channel's culinary and cultural adventure program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

A 1978 graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and a 28-year veteran of professional kitchens, Bourdain is currently a chef-at-large whose home base is Brasserie Les Halles, where he was executive chef for many years.

Wiki Page
Anthony Bourdain Wiki Page
Official Site

"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [TV] Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 07:37:44 AM »
Bourdain has a realistic look and says what he has on his mind and alcohol is important  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 07:49:31 AM »
I'm a big fan of Bourdain and the show. Mostly because I can't stand most celeb chefs. His book Kitchen Confidential is a must read!

And I always wanted to eat at Les Halles, but I'm poor and usually opt for the McD's down the block. Maybe one day.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:09:38 AM »
^ Read the book and I thought it was very insightful, definite recommendation
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:43:16 AM »
Thanks to Anthony Bourdain's teachings (Kitchen Confidential is AWESOME), I now know to NEVER order seafood on Mondays. :yep:  :thumbsup

Seriously, ever since that one Thailand episode of one of his earlier/former shows (A Cook's Tour) where he eats the beating cobra heart, Bourdain has shot right up there as one of my culinary heroes.

The thing that's awesome about him is his advocacy for "the local joints," the places that are run, owned, and favorites of the local populous. You can go to almost any city in the world, find a McDonald's, Burger King, or Starbucks and be "safe" in having a decent idea of what to expect. But seriously, who goes to another city or another country to have a fuckin' Big Mac combo? To paraphrase the man himself, "I want to eat what the locals eat. If the locals love it and HAVE been loving it for a while, there's got to be something to it."

And I always wanted to eat at Les Halles, but I'm poor and usually opt for the McD's down the block. Maybe one day.
It's just too bad that Tony's no longer the executive chef there anymore. Even if any of us did get a chance to go there he probably wouldn't be.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:37:30 AM »
^
Oooooooooooooooooooh, it's the cute assistant producer girl from his Vancouver episode, can't remember her name for the life of me, but DAMN she's cute!

Also, stupid Discovery Channel Canada (the network that airs No Reservations here) decided to be a bunch of idiots and change the show's timeslot. Instead of now airing Sunday evening at 11PM EST/10PM CST, they've gone and moved it so that it airs Monday mornings at 5:00 EST/4:00AM CST.

Really folks? Really? 
* JFC shakes fist at those responsible for the timeslot change.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:16:40 AM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline reikaehara

• ecchi
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »
Well, i have been watching his series since before. My first impression on him is a bit cocky, but as his series move along, he is making sense to me (he is narrating himself - poetically) lol  I like the one when they are in Egypt , and the guys he was with stayed for 3 nights in the desert (he spent 1 night only) lol

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Thank You Raishun