JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero

Author Topic: Sleeper Cell  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

wiki
TV.com

Does anyone here watch this?

For me, season 1 was FANTASTIC, and was just as every bit as good as "24", but more adult and more believable.

Season 2 has just started, so if you haven't seen any of "Sleeper Cell", grab season 1 (it's only 10 episodes), and catch up!!

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:17:40 PM »
I just saw a torrent of ep 1 of season 2, and I never heard of this, so I went to read a couple reviews, which were all negative :(.  I'll grab the 1st couple eps from season 1 just to check it out though.

Offline Mikitty-saikou

• °C-ute into °S-exy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
O_O

I heard about this series;  Supposedly it's even better than 24 (it probably is. It's on Showtime, Yes? :D lol) - Anyone know how much season 1 is going for?  I might pick it up when I get "She Spies: season 1". XD

Offline LoveMaki

• Maki is LOVE!
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
Never heard of this before
but thanks for the thread

gonna look for it now =)

..better than 24 .. sounds interesting ^^

Offline N1CK70

• CPOP Connoisseur
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:19:51 PM »
I saw the first season, but I disagree that it is better than 24.  Then again, I'm a die-hard 24 fan. :D  How's the second season looking so far?  I wasn't aware there was going to be one.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »
I wouldn't have said (nor did I) that it was better than 24, but the more I compare them, I gotta say, sleeper cell does tops 24.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge 24 fan and when a season is on, the first thing I do when I get home, is download it and watch while everything else is just on hold. I've also hired all 5 seasons and watched them with my wife, since she prefers to read the Japanese subtitles, but it's just getting too old and making itself unoriginal. Plus, it's far too Hollywood, and even the prequels are simply Toyota commercials with Jack.
I would love to see Jack creeping up on some bad guy, have his cell phone ring, and him go "Oh fuck!", but that's just not going to happen on Fox. Sleeper Cell on the other hand, anything goes and usually does.

As for season 2, started off a little slow, but man, episode 7 ( there's only 8 ) was fucking intense. Loved it.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sleeper Cell
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 08:52:20 AM »
After watching all 8 episodes I think its 'up there' with 24.

24 has 'the problem' of its concept: all happens in 24 hours, this was a novel thing when they started but keeping it fresh will be the problem for the next season.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Sleeper Cell
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »
Might have to check this out now that 24 is on it's break.

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
Re: Sleeper Cell
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »
Is this the series that got popular because of torrents? I remember seeing it(if I'm not mistaken that is :p) being talked about on Attack Of The Show last year.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero