JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Boys [JAPANESE ver.]

Author Topic: Family Guy  (Read 45229 times)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2005, 07:08:21 PM »
Damnit, photoshopped.  :evil:  He's identical nonetheless.  :lol:

Edit: haha, pretty funny episode.  :D

The "Take On Me" part was hilarious.  :lol:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2005, 02:19:23 AM »
They did the "Take On Me" part really well, there were some parts where it looked like they actually using parts from the original music video.  The animators did a really good job of recreating it.

Also loved the whole "Asiatown" thing.  The newborn baby at the child labour plant?  Priceless.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Best line of the episode: Lois - "I ordered Caucasian for dinner".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2005, 11:37:43 PM »
Mediocre episode this week.

Kids: Siwwy wabbit...Twix aw fo kidz.

Trix rabbit: YOU SHARE NOW! *Jump kicks kids, and snaps the neck of another* :lol:

Asia Town had some pretty funny signs in the backgrounds...I read a Korean sign that said "Penile Surgery"

Offline Spades

• MILFhunter
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2005, 01:04:10 AM »
funny cartoon show :lol: , watch it ever day

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2005, 05:47:50 AM »
Just a related side note for you Family Guy fans out there, the DVD exclusive movie which was originally set for a September release (I think it's called Stewie Griffin's Story or something like that) has been leaked and is available on through BT.

I haven't really looked into the validity of the file but judging by the number of downloaders (close to 5000 as shown by one particular site), I would say that it is legit.  Some have said they previewed the 700mb dvd rip file with VLC and can confirm that it's real.

Keep in mind I'm not suggesting any of you download it, just passing on the information that it has apparently been "illegally" released.

LoveHaruru

Family Guy
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2005, 11:26:10 PM »
Quote from: Kobasew
Just a related side note for you Family Guy fans out there, the DVD exclusive movie which was originally set for a September release (I think it's called Stewie Griffin's Story or something like that) has been leaked and is available on through BT.

I haven't really looked into the validity of the file but judging by the number of downloaders (close to 5000 as shown by one particular site), I would say that it is legit.  Some have said they previewed the 700mb dvd rip file with VLC and can confirm that it's real.

Keep in mind I'm not suggesting any of you download it, just passing on the information that it has apparently been "illegally" released.

Better yet, it's apparently on FileFront.  I'm trying to D/L it now, but I won't be surprised if the D/L is cut off for being too slow (I'm on cable and got 7 hours to go - 25kb/sec).

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2005, 12:40:46 AM »
Can someone hook us up with either link (to the BT or to the FF)?

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2005, 09:17:34 PM »
Thanks Kobasew!!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Family Guy
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2005, 09:00:28 AM »
Whoa. A MOVIE??? I'm not gonna grab it cuz I'm paranoid but someone post a review!! :w00t:

I was flipping through Stewie's Book on how to take over the world and that was meh.

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2005, 10:36:50 AM »
I downloaded a 700MB version after getting sick of waiting for the larger 3GB version, but it still took a while to download, but it was worth it of course.  Family Guy rocks.  This quick "review" will cover some of the formatting of the movie, so if you can consider some of this to be spoilerish, I'm warning you now.  Turn back or risk not being able to laugh at one of the punchlines.

The movie is set up to begin with the cast showing up for the movie, and this portion of course has a mix of good jokes, as well as some of the jokes that are starting to get a bit overdone (see: 'unnoticed Meg' jokes).  After everyone gets into the theatre, some funny "Coming Attractions" are given, and then the movie gets going.  When it begins, it feels a lot like any other Family Guy episode, and for the most part, that is what the movie is.  The same sorts of jokes and humor, but we get a lot more of it in one watching (unless of course you purchased them on dvd or watched some marathon, or downloaded a bunch... but.. that's illegal...ahem).

The core plot of the movie doens't really get going for a while in, but that is excuseable since the movie is shown to be split into three parts (although to find where one ends and another begins depends on how well you know the comic writing of each of the writers... I couldn't tell where the lines were drawn, for what that may tell you about how dedicated of a fan I am..).  Hitting on the basic plot now (last chance to turn back!!)

~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS??~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Stewie is going about his usual Family Guy antics until he tries to spring a trap on a rival child at a swm meet/lesson.  The trap backfires and Stewie gets a brief view into hell (very brief), which causes him to decide to change his ways.  Somewheres along his line of trying to be a good person, he decides that this doesn't work, and takes Brian's suggestion to get into alcohol.. the movie then takes a turn off of that bit of plot when Stewie sees a man that resembles him on television and decides to find the man to prove that Peter isn't his father.  When he finds out this man is actually him from the future, Stewie hitches a ride with Future Stewie to find what a horrible world his family has grown into.  When it is put upon him to try and change everything back to the way it should be, it is made obvious to him by Future Stewie that it was the incident at the swim meet and his near death experience that changed his outlook on taking risks in life and what affected his lack of a good future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END SPOILERS??~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the movie ends, we get more of the breaking of the fourth wall when the Family Guy cast has a post-movie cast party. Then the movie finally hits the credits, and there isn't anything to see after the credits are finished rolling.

What did we really get out of this Family Guy movie?  ... well, the animation seemed about on par with what is usually expected, and the show wasn't leagues funnier, or more dramatic, or anything than the tv series.. so all we are really getting differently is more jokes and more Family Guy than the usual dosage, a shot at a bit longer of an arc, and some swears and sexual suggestions that go even beyond that of the tv series.  There are more "eating out" jokes in this movie than I think I've ever heard on tv.

So do I suggest you watch it?  If you are a Family Guy fan.. of course!!  If you aren't.. of course!!!  It's funny either way, but don't expect something AMAZING.

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2005, 05:13:48 PM »
the movie is fucking hilarious.  i laughed so hard i almost soiled my underpants.  Ron is my ablsolute favourite character now, i hope s/he does an encore.

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2005, 06:52:59 PM »
Hahhaha, yeah, I just finished watching it earlier today and I must say it is definitely worth the watch.  Heh, there are quite a few comical points in the movie but I won't spoil the fun except for "Stewie's Sexy Parties..." but that one has been done before.  HAhahhaha, I love the music during the sequence of dancing and chasing.

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2005, 06:13:23 AM »
Great movie, I'd spend money to buy it.

"Eye of thunder! Give me sight beyond sight!"
"Lion-O! What are you doing! Snarf Snarf!"
"Oh hey hey.... you wanna.... get wasted or something?"  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Family Guy
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2005, 08:10:50 AM »
Whoa...you guys convinced me, just to hear em say "Fuck you" is good enough for me. Still 30 minutes in... :D

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2005, 03:12:41 PM »
Yeah, I'll give it a shot too.

Offline hot_lilAzn

Family Guy
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2005, 09:45:55 AM »
man family guy's the best  :lol: i want a son like stewie... :(
yo i\'m a gangsta so don\'t mess

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Family Guy
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2005, 01:54:09 AM »
You want a son who's a gay British dude who's plotting to kill your wife/GF?  :P  :P  :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Family Guy
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2005, 10:07:02 AM »
Man....after watching Stewie's unauthorized for months, the season premiere was kind of a let down. Fuckin James Woods guest appearance? And Brian isn't racist towards blacks anymore?

The only funny part was when Stewie chased those hookers. He's a pimp!  :lol:

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Family Guy
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2005, 12:22:53 AM »
The show is definitely going down hill, in my opinion. They seem to have lost all sense of pacing. The chicken fight, the vomit scene, the Take On Me musical number, and Stewie's game of Marco Polo were funny at first, but they went on for entirely too long. It feels to me like they're just trying to kill time to cover a lack of ideas.

Still, it was pretty cool that they managed to get Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and Michael Dorn to do the voices for the Star Trek bit.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Family Guy
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »
Quote from: Boxy Brown
The show is definitely going down hill, in my opinion. They seem to have lost all sense of pacing.

Yeah, I agree. It's like they are rehashing old ideas/characters too, blowing apart the set characters that made Seasons 2 + 3 so solid. Like WTF this week...rehashing Brian's crush on Lois into marriage? Bringing back that peg leg/arm guy. Death makes like a 2 second cameo. Just sloppy ... I wonder what the hardcores think?

I could go and overanalyze the Stewie Movie, cuz those 3 episodes are better than whatever they've put out on FOX so far. I think I'll watch it again  :lol:

And sure! Patrick Stewart is also on American Dad, eh?

JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Boys [JAPANESE ver.]