JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La

Author Topic: [Movie] Ip Man  (Read 10899 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Ip Man
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:30:53 AM »

Official Site | IMDB | Wikipedia

Ip Man (traditional Chinese: 葉問; simplified Chinese: 叶问; pinyin: Yè Wèn; Cantonese Yale: Yip Man) is an upcoming Hong Kong martial arts biopic set for release in 2008. It is loosely based on the life of Yip Man, the martial arts master of Bruce Lee, and the first to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun openly. The film will focus on events surrounding Yip that took place in Foshan between the 1930s to 1940s during the Japanese occupation of China. Directed by Wilson Yip, the film stars Donnie Yen as Yip Man and features fight choreography by Sammo Hung, who will make a cameo appearance in the film. Yip Man's two sons and several Wing Chun practitioners will also appear in the film. Ip Chun, Yip Man's eldest son served as a consultant for the film.

Release Date : December 2008
Director: Wilson Yip
Action Director: Sammo Hung
Screenplay: Edmond Wong
Starring: Donnie Yen, Lynn Hung, Simon Yam, Fan Siu Wong, Lam Ka Tung, Wong You Nam

Trailer

‘Founded by Yim Wing-chun; took root in the hands of Leung Chun; blossomed under Ip Man…’

Ip Man is adapted from the life story of Ip Man, the grand master of the Wing Chun style of kung fu and sifu (master) of legendary kung fu superstar Bruce Lee. Wing Chun has a history of more than 200 years. It was founded by Yim Wing Chun, took root in the hands of Leung Chun, and prospered with Ip Man. The art of Wing Chun has now become very popular with martial arts enthusiasts, especially overseas. It is a traditional Chinese martial art with a formidable reputation internationally.

Wing Chun Chuan is characterised by close body combat, requiring practitioners to show speed and power. Its Chi Sao or “sticking hands” is more similar to modern day combat skills and has a rich feel of genuine strikes. This is also why Ip Man differs from the dazzingly romantic and purely fictional style of previous martial art movies. Its explosive punches and aggressive close-range combat offer a new thrill never experienced by modern day audiences.

The story of Wing Chun began in the 1920s and 30s, in wartorn China. Ip Man was martial art’s unyielding follower, devoted whole-heartedly to the free learning of wushu. The fight to be top between the Wushu schools in the southern and northern regions of China had not stopped him having goodwill matches with other practitioners. Nationalistic bad feelings and racial hatred had not lessened his respect for Japanese kung fu warriors. In this great era of hatreds and tragedies, Ip focused only on wushu. His enthusiasm for martial arts saw him having devastating straight fights with various elite practitioners.

To this date there have been neither movies nor publications about Ip Man. This movie will be the first important record of the master’s life. Ip’s persistent devotion to Wing Chun is a classic example of the love and respect shown to wushu and the freedom and spirit it represents. This movie will see the making of a modern wushu master representative of Chinese people worldwide. Ip Man is a concept, a spirit, a way of thinking – and it represents a new peak in Hong Kong’s wushu movies.
http://mandarinfilms.com/chi/movies/ipman/ipman_eng.html

My most anticipated martial arts flick fo sho! Donnie Yen is that dude :yep:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:57:03 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Ip Man (new Donnie Yen flick!)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:33:20 AM »
DIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

I wanted to buy the Yip Man book too. XD

I wanted to make one of those wing chun wood dummys when I was a kid ROFL

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Ip Man (new Donnie Yen flick!)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 06:38:12 AM »
Official wallpapers

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [Movie] Ip Man (new Donnie Yen flick!)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
IP MAN Sequel Gets The Green Light!

Though Wilson Yip’s Ip Man - in which Donnie Yen stars in a biopic about the famous martial arts master of Bruce Lee - has not yet hit screens the stunning trailers have sparked such a wave of interest that a sequel has apparently already been green-lit.  Producer Raymond Wong spilled the beans at a recent press conference, saying that the sequel would pick up Ip Man’s story after his migration to Hong Kong where he took on disciples - including Bruce Lee - to propogate his discipline of Wing Chun. And, yes, Lee will be a major character in this film.
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/ip-man-sequel-gets-the-green-light/

:thumbsup

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »
OMG I so wanna see this... but I have so many on my list that's in front of it. dammit!

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:01:15 AM »
^ WERD. If you haven't copped it from avistaz:

<Masa> http://bt.avistaz.com/details.php?id=7aa878c14338b44c3af7d45e397141ea744d6ea1
<Masa> subs http://bt.avistaz.com/details.php?id=be2d6c557090e9c125811bf88e321eec38183a27

Can't wait for the sequel. If theres anything Bruce Lee related, I'm all for it.

The first one had some dope fighting scenes - there was this Japanese actor I seen from doramas (one of those GTO students)

Like it was "Chinese Connection" influenced - one of the best scenes in motion picture history. Struggling during Japanese occupation times, Donnie Yen is surely an underrated actor. Simon Yam was useless  :lol:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »
Watch out for getting the unsynched version without the synchfix. Takes 2 mins to fix it tho, so don't worry.

Great movie. Fucking brutal at parts also. :D Well worth watching, even tho the subs that came with the movie only was for the spoken parts. Was not expecting such awesome choreography. Much impressed.
[/url]

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [Movie] Ip Man
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:57:01 AM »
Ip Man 2 Looks Poised to Better the Original

At 12th Shanghai Film Festival, Raymond Wong announces that Ip Man 2 would begin production in Shanghai this August (video). He says that the script has been completed by his son, Edmond Wong. And he's very happy that his son can write such a great script as Ip Man. Bruce Lee would be making brief appearances in the film after all. The production is currently on a worldwide talent scout for a 10-year old Bruce Lee, who first became acquainted with Ip Man, and an 18 year-old Bruce Lee, who formally studied under the latter. Wilson Yip confirms, "Bruce Lee'd definitely show up. Otherwise, it won't lead to Ip Man 3."

Wilson Yip adds, "I hope to find someone who looks very much like Bruce Lee, who would be acknowledged by the audience. And he must possess bravery, and is a youth with great disposition." And Ip Man 2 is expected to scale even greater heights, Donnie Yen elaborates, "The martial arts scenes must tie in with character development. I will act according to the script. Ip Man just arrived in Hong Kong, how did he turn into a great master of his times, what were his sentiments? It's up to Sammo Hung to choreograph the martial arts sequences, I'll do my level best in delivering the drama and action scenes.

"Initially, some said I won't be able to bring out the air of grandmaster, but I felt that, whether we are actors or not, as long as we put our mind to it, nothing is impossible. I spent a great deal of time on portrayal of Yip Man, I'm glad to have attained today's results. "What worried me most was my physical conditions, I have sustained multiple injuries, especially when filming Yip Man, I couldn't even lift my right arm. "Everyone knows that big brother Sammo Hung is very demanding, so I hope I can approach Ip Man 2 in a relaxing mood. This time around, I would be taking up the cudgels against brother Sammo Hung, we hope to shoot the most archetypal fight scene, so everyone is very nervous.

"Sammo Hung has been telling me that he's facing great pressure because of Ip Man's success. Not only is he serving as the martial arts choreographer, but also has a significant role in the Ip Man 2. Both of us are under pressure, I believe stress is good for us, it gives us the impetus to improve even further."
http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/655-Ip-Man-2-Looks-Poised-to-Better-the-Original.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »
LMAO! Ip Man 3! Might as well call it Bruce Lee 1. Sammo Hung can't stay behind the scenes forever :lol:

Or wait. A Bruce Lee Bio Pic Trilogy. I see what they trying to do here!!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 12:03:23 AM »
Production begins on ‘Ip Man 2,’ young Bruce Lee cast

Production has begun on the sequel to the award-winning kung fu drama IP MAN with director Wilson Yip, martial arts star Donnie Yen and cast members having attended an opening ceremony in Foshan on Monday to honor the biopic’s subject, Wing Chun Master Ip Man (aka Yip Man).

IP MAN 2 will pick up where its predecessor left off with Ip (Yen) relocating to Hong Kong from his native Foshan. The plot will follow Ip’s early years there where he established leading up to the time when he took on a young Bruce Lee as his student.

Action director Sammo Hung is on board again, this time also in front of the camera where he will portray a Hung Fist master who develops a rivalry with Ip Man. Actors Fan Siu-wong, Simon Yam and Lam Ka-tung are also returning.

Several other new cast members will be added. Most notably, Bruce Lee will be portrayed by 10-year-old child actor Jiang Daiyan (see pictures). Other additions include former child martial arts actor Sik Siu-lung (DRAGON FROM SHAOLIN) and Huang Xiaoming (THE BANQUET).

Producers are still searching for an actor to portray an adult version of Bruce Lee for this film and possibly IP MAN 3. The 100 million yuan ($15 million) production will mostly be shot on a set in Shanghai. Mandarin Films is planning to release IP MAN 2 in the summer of 2010.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/production-begins-on-ip-man-2-young-bruce-lee-cast-10008

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
Check out the newly released stills from "Ip Man 2", the sequel to the hit biopic about Bruce Lee's kung fu master, Ip Man.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:12:20 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 06:49:51 AM »
FINALLY watched Ip Man lol.

Pretty Epic. How historically accurate, who knows, but it chokes you up with all the patriotism. How he's like this Hulk type superhero "Don't make me fight!!!" kinda guy. Loved his use of the feather duster:

...and his Wooden Dummy technique / switching to the final battle at the end WAS TOO GOOD!

Hiroyuki Ikeuchi & Louis Fan Siu-Wong were pretty awesome fighting wise. Just loved how Donnie laid the smackdown on em with the rapid punches.

I was expecting Simon Yam to stab him in the back or do something evil :lol: Even Gordon Lam was redeemed.

Offline Tanuki

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »
One of the best fight scenes of the movie!!! I own this movie!

Offline lordshan

• ecchi
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »
the best kungfu movies i ever seen .... donnie yan  8)2

Offline mohawk142

• ecchi
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:34 AM »
I agree, one of the better movies, and better than the second one. Before the final fight, everything just seemed so...righteous of him.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La