JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Tokyo

Author Topic: [Movie] Ichi (Starring Haruka Ayase)  (Read 6058 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Ichi (Starring Haruka Ayase)
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:21:09 AM »

Ichi is Fumihiko Sori's upcoming reimagining of the Zatoichi story, this time with the beautiful Haruka Ayase in the lead as the blind swordswoman, and promises to be something very special indeed. Director Fumihiko Sori is the man behind the acclaimed Ping Pong, which had nominations (including best director) at the Japanese Academy Awards.

News of a new Ichi movie is very exciting indeed. The twist this time ? In Sori Fumihiko's upcoming 2008 ICHI movie - Zatoichi is now a woman. From the short bits revealed it looks like it might just work. Former idol singer and model, young actress Haruka Ayase plays blind swordsman Ichi and supposedly no doubles were used for the swordfight scenes. The actress spent a month in intense training with sword action supervisor Hiroshi Kuze (who worked with Akira Kurosawa on "Ran"). Rumors have it this is no Azumi style movie and it's faithful in spirit to the original flicks whilst still bringing something new. Can't wait to see how she recreates / updates Ichi's unique sword style. Ayase has very big feet to step into not only those of original Ichi Shintarô Katsu-San, who for many, myself included, is still unsurpassable, but she also has to take on those of Takeshi Kitano who already successfully recreated Ichi for the 21st century. Director Sori Fumihiko previously directed "Ping Pong" and the 3D SF CGI epic "Vexville" which featured an exclusive cut from Carl Craig on the soundtrack. He is well respected. Sadly we will probably have to wait until 2009 to see this stateside and subtitled.
http://gamall.blogspot.com/2008/02/ichi-freaks-rejoice.html

Links
IMDB
Official Website
Haruka Ayase @ LLF

Teaser

Trailer

A female version of Zatoichi? I can't wait to see it! :w00t:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:23:52 AM by Masa »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: [Movie] Ichi (Starring Haruka Ayase)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
EPIC!!  lol Japanese love that Zatoichi story as much as Chinese do the drunken kung fu master

Haven't heard from Haruka Ayase in A LONG TIME. And Warner backing it up? Comic Con here we come. Dope trailer - looks like a Yakuza battle XD

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
fuck haruka ayase is so hot

Offline Yanki31Mina

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:34:48 AM »
Has anyone seen this yet, and is it good?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
Watched it a few days ago.

I'd say it's average. As the story and action is very traditionally filmed, so no crazy suprises.

Offline den4

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 07:04:10 AM »
I heard last year that Katori Shingo of Smap will be doing the third and last sequence of the Zatoichi cycle...any one know if it will be another one shot type of storyline, like this one and the Takeshi Kitano version?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
I watched it a few weeks ago... I fell asleep XD

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Tokyo