JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Koibito

Author Topic: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (41/41 END) [WMatsui] - REPLIES  (Read 311809 times)

Offline facarous

You really gave us a chapter with sweet moments. :wub:

After all the tough chapters, after all the drama and the broken hearts (our hearts, jurina's heart, rena's heart and your heart too), this sweet moment when they holds hands or when Rena lost herself into Jurina's eyes... God! I can´t help it but I was so move!  :heart: :heart:

Airi again doing a great job talking with Churi and this last giving a second chance to Rena and Jurina's relationship. I feeel so hopeful!!
I wanna believe that Jurina and Rena are going to make the right choice and let theirs hearts speak.  :yep:

Thanks, Sophcaro

Offline Crisl

Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (36/?) [WMatsui] - 29/07/2018
« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »
Очень зрелая, умная и интересная работа. Читается на одном дыхании, невозможно оторваться!

I really liked this work. I read all night. Thank you very much for the hard work, all the characters are alive.

Offline Kyuartz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (36/?) [WMatsui] - 29/07/2018
« Reply #702 on: September 12, 2018, 07:59:51 AM »
Whenever it comes to Destiny and the series, it always made me think on where and how to start commenting on it, as it always has so much feelings in it.
FYI, I always read your fic at night before sleep, sort of a bedtime story for me so, don't mind me if I forget to make a comment. So here I am, making one as promised after a long released of chapter 36.
Let's start with the small moments that WMatsui have but still could affect Jurina in a way, like the nervousness, raced of heartbeat and a blush creeping on Jurina's face, it's sort of making me smile as I read it
I should give a thumbs up for Churi and Airi for giving them chance to be alone. WMatsui got a lot of things to fix.  XD XD And.... the way Rena teased Jurina,reminiscing the past ... :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs
First snow together  :heart: :heart: :heart: that's totally a great way to wrap a chapter up  :thumbsup :thumbsup
Totally loves this chapter so much
Keep up the good work and as usual, update soon  :cow: :cow: :cow:

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (37/?) [WMatsui] - 12/09/2018
« Reply #703 on: September 12, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »
CHAPTER 37

Jurina fell awfully quiet when she and Rena reached their hotel and they stepped out of the elevator at the second floor, feeling disturbed by the realization that her time alone with her was about to come to an end. A few hours ago, when Jurina had left the hotel with the three girls in search of a restaurant, she didn’t know how this unexpected reunion would turn out. Would it be awkward? Would it be tense?

If there was one thing she surely hadn’t predicted, it was that it would go so extraordinarily well. As Jurina replayed in her head every single one of her interactions with Rena, she couldn’t help but feel relieved about their gradual, regained closeness. And what about this ultimate moment of intimacy they had shared later in the evening when she had without thinking, yet so casually, slipped her hand inside Rena’s while they both contemplated the first snow of winter?

Jurina observed attentively the older Matsui while she stopped in front of her room and rummaged through her bag, strongly wishing she could come up with a good excuse to prolong the evening between them. No, she absolutely wasn’t ready to split ways with Rena yet. Not when she had felt such a strong connection with her tonight, a connection she almost feared to have lost forever.

Once Rena retrieved her keycard, she glanced back at her hesitantly. “I guess… I guess this is goodnight?”

“I-I guess…” Jurina forced herself to smile, doing her best not to show her increasing disappointment. “Maybe we’ll meet this weekend at the convention? Or we could go the four of us together?”

Jurina could tell the older girl had been slightly caught off guard by her suggestion as she didn’t respond immediately.

“Yes, of course. We can go together…” After a moment, Rena nodded, pleasure softening her features. “But to be honest, I still don’t fully understand,” she made a short thoughtful pause, then continued. “This kind of convention was never really your thing, and I fear… I honestly fear you’ll quickly feel out of place and get bored.”

“What if I’ve changed?” Jurina said challengingly, but knew she wasn’t deceiving her in the slightest when Rena’s face lit up with humor. “Fine. Maybe I didn’t think it through and was just looking for an opportunity to change my mind after such a long shooting?”

Rena let out a small laugh at Jurina’s last, brutally honest confession. “Yes, that makes more sense to me.”

They exchanged a thoroughly amused, knowing look.

Silence settled between them and Jurina played nervously with the rectangular magnetic card in her hand, knowing she couldn’t delay the separation any longer. “Alright… I guess it’s really goodnight then?”

“Sleep well, Jurina…” Rena’s mouth curved into a shy, affectionate smile. “See you tomorrow morning.”

Jurina gave Rena one last lingering look until reluctantly turning on her heels, crossing the small corridor to approach her room on the opposite side. As she raised her arm and began to slid the keycard in the lock of the room 22, she felt slightly dejected, frustrated she had miserably failed to find a way to hold her up. When she suddenly remembered the white scarf she was wearing, her hand stopped midway.

“Wait, your scarf!” She unwrapped it from around her neck and turned around hastily, relieved to discover that Rena hadn’t entered her room yet. “Thank you again,” she reduced the short distance between them and held it out with a small, nervous look of gratitude.

“Oh, right…” A flash of recognition passed over Rena’s features as her gaze temporarily fell upon the familiar scarf in Jurina’s hand, before she shook her head lightly in protest. “You don’t need to thank me again. I’m just glad it could be useful.”

Jurina’s heart skipped a beat at the warm smile Rena was sending her, more than ever conscious of the strong reactions a simple demonstration of affection from Rena always so easily unleashed within her. As Rena extended her hand to retrieve the scarf, Jurina brusquely tightened her hold on it.

“Do you want to come inside my room?” she blurted out, only to face Rena’s complete astonishment. “I mean,” she added swiftly. “Until Airi and Akane return from the movies, we could spend a little more time together. What… What do you think?”

“I-I…” Rena stuttered.

Jurina swallowed a nervous lump, grasping that her invitation could be perceived as coming out of nowhere. Nevertheless, she couldn’t help but shoot her a hopeful look, having the strong sensation that she would regret it later if she didn’t seize that chance. She could almost see the gears turning within Rena’s head as she opened and closed her mouth a few times, her absence of reply making it more than clear than she felt torn about it.

Jurina slowly let go of Rena’s scarf, now fearing to have been too presumptuous. It was true that she had spent a great evening and every minute she had passed by Rena’s side had made her realize how much she had greatly missed her, but maybe she was letting herself get carried away. “F-Forget what I said, okay?” Jurina’s face clouded with uneasiness. “It’s fine… I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Without second thoughts, Jurina stepped backwards and turned around, before feeling a hand catching her arm hurriedly. “Yes! I do want to come inside.”

Jurina span round and lit up from inside. “You do?” Jurina repeated, bewildered, somehow wanting to make sure she had heard correctly, only to watch Rena nodding positively back in reply.

Jurina, feeling her heart beat with excitement, heard Rena following her closely while she approached the room 22 she shared with Akane, the next moment sliding the keycard and letting the older girl in. Jurina followed her quietly as Rena slowly made her way inside and halted in the middle of the room, briefly sweeping the place, before settling her gaze on her in expectation.

“You can leave your coat on the chair,” Jurina kindly suggested, motioning the single chair in front of the table. “Make yourself comfortable. Do you want something to drink? There are also some snacks in the minibar.”

“No, I’m fine,” Rena gave her a small thankful smile.

Jurina returned the smile shyly and removed her jacket, opening the closet to place it on a hanger. Soon, she couldn’t resist another glance at her and she tilted her head to the side, observing discreetly the older girl while she gingerly folded her black, winter coat on the back of the chair as instructed, then moved towards the direction of the window and spread apart the white curtain.

Jurina’s eyes were transfixed on the feminine silhouette, enthralled by Rena’s pensive expression as she stared out the window, seemingly absorbed in her own little world, until she noticed Rena’s delicate features softening significantly, a mixture of awe and joy lightening her small brown orbs. “I love snow. It’s so calm and beautiful.”

Jurina smiled despite herself; a wave of nostalgia instantly swept through her. Rena might have unquestionably matured over the years, she always found her incredibly cute when she let her guards down and allowed the little child inside her to express itself. Rena’s previous murmur of words had stirred something familiar within her, and the memory of a particular evening of December 2014 came rushing back to her mind.

Jurina closed the distance between them and came to stand behind Rena, quietly admiring with her the sight of the snow falling in abundance outside. After a little while, she slowly drew her attention back to the girl in front of her, bathing in her presence and relishing the comfortable, peaceful silence enveloping them. Soon, she couldn’t keep her thoughts to herself any longer and spoke up. “Do you remember that year we both got invited at Mayu’s place for Christmas?”

After a brief moment’s reflection, Rena gazed back at her. “Yes, I do,” she answered, her confusion manifest. “Why are you asking?”

“It was the middle of the night and I couldn’t sleep,” Jurina started enthusiastically, surprising herself when she discovered how that particular moment between them was well imprinted in her head. “You joined me in the kitchen and chastised me for drinking so much water, stating that I wouldn’t stop going to the toilet for the rest of the night.”

The corners of Rena’s mouth curved upwards in amusement. “And I was right. How many times did you get up that night? Three times? Four? More?”

“T-That’s not the point,” Jurina’s cheeks burned in remembrance. “Anyway.” She ignored deliberately Rena’s teasing tone and went on. “Later on, it began to snow, and you went to stare out the window straightaway. Do you remember our conversation?”

“Ah… N-No, I don’t,” Rena avoided her gaze swiftly, turning her head back towards the window.

“Eh, really?” Jurina exclaimed doubtfully, somehow wondering if Rena was being entirely honest with her. Nevertheless, she chose not to insist and continued. “You were like a little child, so amazed and excited by the view of the snow falling outside.” A fond smile touched Jurina’s lips as the pleasant memory replayed in her head. “I knew that you always loved snow but to me… after watching you and spending so many hours, so many years by your side, no one, nothing could possibly be more fascinating than you.”

Jurina’s heart was thumping nervously as the confession left her lips, seeing Rena’s flustered expression while she kept her attention on the window, noting the fingers holding the curtain now clenching the fabric tightly. Rena didn’t need to speak: her whole body language said volumes and Jurina could tell the compliment had affected her, even though Rena appeared slightly destabilized, not knowing exactly how to react.

The moment was interrupted when Jurina heard Rena’s phone vibrating in the room and, when Rena took a step back and turned around, their eyes met instantly. Jurina detected some momentary, unusual vulnerability in Rena’s expression, until the latter shyly looked away and made her way towards her coat. Jurina began to ask herself if she hadn’t gone a little too far, until she heard her own cellphone beeping as well.

Jurina attempted to brush away the troubling thought and approached the table where she had left her phone, soon noticing that she had received a text from Akane.

The movie is about to start. Airi and I have been thinking that it might be a little late by the time we come back to the hotel and we don’t want to take the risk of waking you up. We think it might be a good idea to switch rooms and Rena and you could share the room tonight. It’s just a suggestion; take the decision you feel is best.

Eh? What is she talking about? Rena will never accept such an arrangement. Jurina gaped in disbelief, glancing up in Rena’s direction apprehensively. While she was still having difficulty processing Akane’s improbable idea, she witnessed Rena’s stupor as she was checking her messages. Concerned something serious might have happened, she immediately left her phone aside, giving the older Matsui her undivided attention. “Rena? What is it?”

“No, it’s…” Rena’s cleared her throat nervously. “It’s Airin. She sent me a text and suggested that we could tonight… It’s nothing. She’s just being silly.”

Jurina’s eyes widened in realization. “She asked if we could switch rooms?”

Stupefaction touched Rena’s face. “How do you…?”

“For some reason…” Jurina let out a small, awkward laugh. “Akane sent me a text to suggest the same thing.”

A sudden tense silence surrounded them.

“I don’t know what they were thinking about,” Rena murmured, her discomfort palpable. “Don’t worry, I’ll let Airin know that it’s not possible. I will not… I refuse to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“Uncomfortable?” Jurina blinked in perplexity, until her expression darkened when she suddenly got a good idea of what Rena was referring to. Now, she blamed herself for not having addressed the subject with Rena until now: she should had done it much sooner. “I’m sorry…” Jurina couldn’t help but look away, feeling ashamed. “I’m sorry for leaving your apartment the way I did three months ago. And I know I should have contacted you again after that day, it’s just…” she struggled to control her emotions as the words came out. “I wasn’t in my right mind at the time.”

“What are you apologizing for?” Rena’s baffled, questioning voice broke the air.

Jurina perceived the sound of Rena’s feet moving on the carpet and, when she stopped in front of her, she glanced up uncertainly, shuddering despite herself when Rena laid a gentle hand on her cheek. “Please don’t apologize. I’m the one who didn’t think properly when I offered you to stay at my place.” Her flesh prickled as Rena’s fingers traced hesitantly, yet tenderly the line of her cheekbone. “I was so concerned about the rain pouring outside, that I failed to take your feelings into consideration and I put you in an awkward position. If there’s one person who should apologize again, it’s definitely me.”

When Rena creased into a sudden, tentative smile, Jurina felt words failing her. A part of her still felt awfully bad for the way she had behaved that evening, when her host only showed kindness and thoughtfulness towards her. Yet, it relieved her to see that Rena didn’t seem to hold it against her. “And I’m not upset that you didn’t contact me after that. I knew I owed it to you to wait and be patient. And even…” her voice sunk to a semi-tone. “And even accept your decision if you chose not to forgive me.”

“W-What are you…” Jurina’s brows drew together in a deep frown. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m fully conscious of the terrible pain I caused you,” Rena stammered, slowly removing her now trembling fingers from Jurina’s cheek. “And I’m not naïve enough to believe that explaining myself or apologizing can make things right between us. Why would you forgive me? Or even want me back in your life?”

As her murmur of words died away, Jurina’s heart sank, struck by the sudden despair and insecurity in Rena’s voice. Silence stretched out between them and Jurina considered how to respond, feeling the muscles in her stomach clenching nervously. As Rena’s eyes never once left hers, Jurina searched her heart for an answer, only to realize in dismay that her mind had completely blanked.

“I-I’m sorry,” Rena stumbled over her words. “Maybe this was a bad idea after all. Maybe it’s best if I leave.” Rena held her gaze apprehensively, waiting for a confirmation. Jurina, frozen on the spot, asked herself what was wrong with her when her lips remained desperately sealed, uncapable of forming a single word. “It’s alright, Jurina…” The moment after, Rena pressed a hesitant, small kiss on her cheek. “Don’t worry, I understand.”

Jurina immediately tensed, sensing the finality in Rena’s last affectionate gesture. When she saw the older girl withdrawing from her and turning on her heels, she got alerted. Jurina was left quite shaken by this conversation, but knew she wasn’t the only one when she stared at Rena’s retreating form and distinguished the suspicious prickling behind Rena’s eyes as she went to retrieve her coat.

When Jurina saw Rena beginning to dress up, panic bubbled within her, grasping that she had indeed every intention of leaving. Somehow, she was having a good feeling that if she didn’t get a grip of herself and intervene right now, she would be passing next to something very important. So why on earth were her thoughts such a jumbled mess? Why did she have so many contradicting feelings and emotions going through her head?

This evening, she couldn’t deny that she had sincerely enjoyed Rena’s company, even searched to engage in a conversation with her at every occasion. Was it - as she had tried to convince herself during her graduation concert when she and Rena had been reunited again after three years of separation - pure platonic feelings for the person who had had such a great impact on her life, on both a professional and personal level? Or was there a subliminal message that she was obstinately refusing to see?

Do you want her back in your life? Would you give her another chance?

Her last conversation with Mayu came to the forefront of her mind and she felt her stomach tighten, panic turning into despair at the sight of Rena walking away. Even though Jurina refused to admit it back then, she was now conscious that her best friend was right all along and it was time to stop lying to herself. And if there was one thing she was absolutely certain of, if was that her heart wouldn’t handle losing Rena again. “Please… Please don’t leave. I want you to stay.”

Jurina held her breath anxiously, watching Rena abruptly stopping as she was about to open the front door and leave. Jurina didn’t know how long she waited, hoped and prayed for the older girl to accept to listen to her, feeling the cold black shadow of fear hovering over her heart when Rena turned at last to look at her. “I don’t think… Are you sure?”

Jurina couldn’t stand the distance between them anymore and, slowly, with shaking steps, she made her way towards her, reading the uncertainty in Rena’s faltering gaze as she came to face her. “I forgive you,” Jurina let out, surprising not only Rena but also herself by how naturally the words rolled off her tongue as if it had been a hidden truth, an evidence. “I forgave you a long time ago.”

Without thinking twice, Jurina put her arms around her and held her close, determined not to let her go, not before she had managed to fully explain herself. “I want you back in my life,” she confessed at last, realizing how unbelievably blind she had been all this time. “But if I do, I know…” she added in a feeble whisper. “I know I’ll become greedy and will end up yearning for something that I’m afraid I can’t have anymore…”

“Y-You do?” Rena’s voice shook with emotion. “What do you…” she took a moment to regain discipline over her voice, before carefully wrapping her hands around Jurina’s neck, bringing them closer. “What do you mean by something you can’t have?”

Jurina remained silent, petrified to have already overstep too many boundaries. Her true feelings now appeared crystal clear: she didn’t feel an ounce of doubt within her as she heard her heart hammering against her ribs and reveled - more than she would ever have imagined - in their renewed physical closeness. Yes, she wished nothing more but to recover her tender complicity with Rena, the person who had so effortlessly captured her heart so many years ago.

However, just as Mayu had so clairvoyantly underlined, she was also conscious that she would refuse to settle for less than what they once had: she wouldn’t accept to be relegated to the role of a mere friend. How could she, when her feelings of love had finally burst free, after keeping them locked within her for three, long years? Despite it, Jurina was fully aware that her own personal feelings weren’t the only ones that needed to be taken into consideration in this complex situation.

Nevermind how much she could sense Rena’s authentic attachment to her, she feared the probability of having misinterpreted the signals she was sending her. Three years was an extremely long period of time. What if Rena didn’t view her in that way anymore? Jurina was terrified of asking yet she knew she couldn’t back away anymore, not when she had already said so much. “Don’t you… Don’t you already have someone else in your life?”

“No, I’m not… I’m not seeing anyone,” Rena replied, confusion evident in her voice.

Jurina felt a wave of relief sweep through her; her heart filled with hope. “Y-You’re not? But what about-” she stopped short, swallowing the words. “What about Masada-san?” she finally managed to whisper, realizing how the simple mention of the male actor – Rena’s co-star in three dramas, notably Destiny - still managed to make her feel ill-at-ease after all these years. “You two must have gotten closer over time?”

Jurina waited, dreading the answer, when she suddenly felt Rena slowly extricating herself from her arms. “Jurina, look at me.” Jurina could do nothing else but comply when Rena’s gaze plunged deeply into her eyes, her hands coming to her face as Rena cupped both her cheeks. “I never had feelings for Yosuke. I never could…” her voice trembled; tears welled up within Rena’s eyes. “I never wanted to be with anyone else. Can’t you see? Can’t you see that I love you?”

Jurina felt a swirl of emotions as relief and unlimited happiness submerged her all at once. Her heart pounded an erratic rhythm and she delicately caught Rena’s hands between her own, feeling them slightly shaking inside her palms. When she witnessed the silent tears of disarray glistening on Rena’s face, she moved one hand to wipe them away, before she drew Rena gently towards her and embraced her.

“I love you too,” Jurina’s voice broke, feeling her own tears of happiness fall. When she sensed Rena’s body trembling and her uneven breathing against her cheek, she laid her head on top of Rena’s shoulder, not afraid anymore to pour her heart out, confess a love she had so foolishly tried to keep buried deep inside her. “I love you, Rena.” She nuzzled her nose in the crook of Rena’s neck, breathing her in, needing to capture her scent once again. “I never stopped loving you.”

“Jurina…” Rena’s voice quivered.

Jurina tightened her hold around her, gently kissing the side of Rena’s neck, refusing to let her go now that their mutual feelings had finally been exchanged without filter. Jurina didn’t know how long they stayed inside each other’s arms without speaking but, after a little while, Rena was the one to slowly tear herself out of her arms, their eyes locking as their breathing came in unison. Rena’s tears had now dried up and her small, brown orbs shone with undeniable hope. Jurina couldn’t resist but slide her trembling fingers down Rena’s cheek, then lightly across her lips, reveling in the feel of the soft flawless skin she was refamiliarizing herself with.

When Rena reduced the short distance between their lips, Jurina held her breath in anticipation, a little taken aback when Rena halted her progression a few inches from hers, as if somewhat still hesitant. Jurina knew she was the one who needed to make the next move: to reassure her, to prove that she genuinely meant everything she said. Tentatively, she moved forward, meeting Rena’s lips halfway. As Jurina gently pressed her lips on hers and their lips brushed against each other’s for the first time in three years, in a slow but tender kiss of reacquaintance, Jurina felt fully alive again.

Jurina ran her fingers tenderly through Rena’s long brown hair and moved her mouth over hers, relishing its softness, gaining more confidence. Their lips parted for a fleeting moment but Rena soon initiated a second kiss, Jurina feeling her heart beginning to beat faster as the touch of Rena’s lips on hers sent a shockwave through her entire body. The kiss was as tender and light as a summer breeze and Jurina drank in the sweetness of the moment, feeling a rush of warm emotion as she could feel Rena’s mutual longing, her same eagerness in savoring every second of their poignant reunion.

After several slow, lingering kisses, Jurina pulled away, finding herself having a hard time controlling her racing heart and handling her overwhelming emotions. As she stared back at the beautiful - equally emotional girl secured in her arms, Rena’s tender smile as her mouth formed another soft ‘I love you’ melted her heart all over again. Rena’s lips brushed a warm kiss across her forehead and Jurina fluttered her eyes closed, glowing inside at the special, distinctive display of affection. 

“I want you to stay tonight,” Jurina heard herself saying.

Her statement was followed by a moment of silence.

“Is it… Is it really what you want?” Rena asked and, this time, Jurina witnessed no sign of Rena’s previous edginess, only sincere attention and caring. When she noticed Rena’s gaze falling on her lips intently, she smiled to herself, realizing the older girl was irresistibly drawn to her lips as much as she was already addicted to hers. “Alright, stay here. I’ll go and fetch my things.”

Rena put words into action and took a step back, yet Jurina couldn’t help but pull her back into her arms, the urge to kiss her once more too hard to resist. As Rena’s lips instantly met hers in a gentle, drugging kiss, Jurina was conscious that it was also her own personal way to try and erase once and for all from Rena’s mind any sign of indecision she had demonstrated before, and that she was extremely serious about her feelings for her.

“How long…” Jurina’s lips gently brushed against hers as she spoke. “How long will it take you?”

She felt Rena smiling against her lips. “Just a couple of minutes.” The older girl broke the kiss halfheartedly. “I won’t be long. I promise.”

“Alright…” Jurina finally agreed to let her go and followed her quietly as the older girl slowly walked away. When Rena’s fingers clutched the door handle, about to turn it and leave, a small, concerned look appeared on her face as she turned around to face her. “I love you, Jurina. Please don’t doubt my feelings for you.”

Warmth spread through Jurina’s chest at Rena’s renewed declaration of love. Now, she realized Rena shared the same wish as hers and she similarly wanted to be assured that her feelings had also been properly conveyed. “I know you do,” Jurina whispered back, bringing their lips together in another kiss of reassurance.

When their lips parted, Rena kept her eyes fixed on her for a long, pregnant moment - seeming to stare right into her soul - before her features relaxed substantially into a smile of pleasure and she finally made her way out. For a while, Jurina remained standing on the spot, listening to the sound of Rena’s feet drawing away in the corridor, before hearing the distinctive noise of another door opening then closing a few seconds later.

Jurina let out a blissful sigh – her lips still tingling pleasurably from all the gentle, affectionate kisses she and Rena had exchanged. Somehow, she wanted to believe ardently that, after all the indisputable moments of hardship and pain she had went through - not only in her private life but also in her gratifying yet challenging career as a young idol - life was giving her another chance to be truthfully happy with Rena again.

While the TV played faintly in the background of the hotel room, Jurina couldn’t help but watch once more the nocturnal, rare show offered to her through the window, the snow that had stopped falling a few minutes ago now covering entirely the streets of Tokyo. Jurina didn’t know how long she stood there in silence, gazing outside contemplatively, her thoughts directed way too often towards the older girl who had resurfaced in her personal life in the most unpredictable way.

When she distinguished the front door opening behind her, followed by the characteristic sound of Rena’s suitcase rolling on the carpet, Jurina’s heart fluttered with expectancy. She didn’t have time to turn around that she felt two arms slipping around her waist from behind without warning. It didn’t take her long to settle back and enjoy the feel of Rena’s warm arms around her, soon linking their hands and lacing their fingers together. As she relaxed back into Rena’s embrace, she wished she could freeze time and make this peaceful moment between them last forever.

“Of course, I remembered,” Rena murmured softly against her ear, dropping her chin on Jurina’s left shoulder, following her gaze outside. “But I still believe snow is such a wonderful, precious sight. Don’t you agree?”

It took Jurina a moment or two to understand what Rena was referring to and, when it finally clicked, she smiled inwardly. “I knew it. You lied to me.” Jurina pretended to be offended, but knew by Rena’s low and amused chuckle that she wasn’t fooled.

“You know compliments always make me feel a little uncomfortable,” Rena gently reminded her, placing a slow, tender kiss on Jurina’s cheek. “And somehow, after all these years and what happened between us…” she whispered with a hint of melancholy in her voice. “I didn’t think, I didn’t believe that you-”

“That I would still believe it?” Jurina chimed in worriedly, turning around to face her. “Even if we were separated and far away from each other, I would never change my opinion on you. You are beautiful and fascinating. And I’m not the only person to believe it. So why can’t you see it too?”

“No matter what I say, you will never stop saying those embarrassing things, will you?” Rena buried her burning face against Jurina’s shoulder.

A soft and loving curve touched Jurina’s lips and she gathered her in her arms, pressing an affectionate kiss against Rena’s temple. “No, never…”

The strident sound of Rena’s phone alarm-clock startled them both.

“Ah, sorry…” The older Matsui gave her a small, apologetic look and disentangled herself from Jurina’s embrace. Retrieving the device from her pocket, she briefly checked the time on the screen then shut the alarm off, before explaining when she noticed Jurina’s small confused look. “Before leaving for Tokyo, I set an alarm on my phone as I knew I would need to wake up early tomorrow morning. I wanted to be sure not to get too carried away this evening.”

“Ah, you’re right,” Jurina’s eyes widened in realization, having almost entirely forgotten about her weekend’s plans with Akane. “I guess… I guess it’s best if we don’t go to bed too late then if we don’t want to feel exhausted during the convention.”

“Yes, it’s going to be a very long day,” Rena admitted truthfully. “But we could still watch some TV if you like.” She added tentatively, directing her attention towards the entertainment program playing on the screen behind them. “Or anything else you want. I don’t mind, really. What would you like to do? Just tell me.”

Jurina considered her tempting offer, clearly wishing to prolong the evening between them a little longer, before shaking her head in protest. “No, you’re right. It wouldn’t be reasonable. It’s getting late, and you still haven’t opened your suitcase.”

Rena met her eye hesitantly for a moment. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure…” Jurina concealed a smile. Her lips reached for hers, cutting off any future protest. “Go and unpack, I’ll go and get myself prepared.”

Jurina closed the double curtains and switched the light off, plunging the bedroom in the obscurity. Stepping away from the window, it took a few seconds for her eyes to get adjusted to the partial darkness surrounding her, before her attention got drawn to the female figure already lying underneath the blanket. When their eyes met across the room, they looked at each other and shared a lingering smile, Rena’s face softly illuminated by the dim light of the reading lamp above the bed.

Jurina made her way towards her and took a seat on the untucked twin bed, seizing her Smartphone and cautiously verifying that the sound was properly muted for the night. When Jurina raised her eyes from the screen, she found Rena watching her again, before noticing the older girl scooting further away on the bed and pulling the bedcover aside. At Rena’s silent invitation, she didn’t need to be asked twice, raising up to slowly join her.

After sliding between the sheets, Jurina laid on the side, her gaze travelling over Rena’s face in contemplation. Her fingers instinctively moved to Rena’s forehead, brushing away a few strands of hair and carefully replacing her fringe to the side. Her fingertips traced lightly over her eyes and nose, rememorizing every inch of her skin, before sliding along her cheeks then down her chin.

Her eyes moved into Rena’s and never left hers, seeing nothing else but the girl smiling back at her tenderly. When Rena’s lips seized hers in a deep emotional commitment, warmth filled her from within and she slowly fluttered her eyes closed, her heart feeling light and carefree, knowing there was no other place on earth she wished to be more at this moment than in Rena’s warm, loving arms.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:41:10 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline Rhythm

• Member+
  • Just a silent reader passing by~
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (37/?) [WMatsui] - 12/09/2018
« Reply #704 on: September 12, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »
S-so beautiful  :shy2:
Every words I read it feels so real it's like my mind imagining these action and make me feels like an audience that watching them.
I can't wait for your book!!!
Since it's chapter 37 already... Chap 40 end?  :glasses:

Offline Kyuartz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #705 on: September 13, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
This chapter is perfect
All the reminiscing part, makes me couldn't stop smiling
Finally, they sorted out their feelings and nothing could be even better than that
Now... I should go and reread the series again, it gives too much feel for me
Haha
 :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup as usual
update soon~~~

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #706 on: September 14, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
Oh wow! Just when I thought what happened in Chapter 36 couldn't get any better, you proved me wrong, author-san!
I enjoyed this chapter very much. I felt like I'm falling in love again and again and again and again with the characters.
Definitely 100/100!

Reading this chapter definitely made my day. It made me happy, occasionally blushed and awww-ed by Jurina's awkward yet CUTE behaviour towards Rena. It gave me warm feeling and I felt like hugging both Matsui while saying, "My precious!" Yep, Jurina was being super cute in this chapter. She was always a confident person, but she was cutely awkward here and I have a soft spot for Jurina for that.

Quote from: Sophcaro
“Do you want to come inside my room?” she blurted out
“Yes! I do want to come inside.”

WAY TO GO, GIRL! It was cool to finally be brave, Jurina!

I fell in love with Rena's character again, even more than before. After long, painful, and torturing chapters in which Rena hurt Jurina (even if it was for Jurina's sake), I had to admit that I almost lost my faith in WMatsui. This chapter made my faith in both of them restored.

I especially liked the whole scene when Rena "forgot" what Jurina said in Mayu's place back in December 2014. (Jurina's mushy words made me blushing a little haha!) When Rena admitted that she actually remembered Jurina's words, I was like uwaaaah... :farofflook:

I would like to give a pat on the shoulder (and maybe some ice cream, too) to Airi and Akane for being a BFF. Not every hero wears a cape. :cool1:

That moment when Rena asked Jurina this:

“Or anything else you want. I don’t mind, really. What would you like to do? Just tell me.”

And Jurina was like, "Let's go to bed to literally sleep."

The scene was very logical and reasonable. Jurina was being kind and thoughtful, but I couldn't help but screaming in my head, "You could ask ANYTHING and you chose to sleep instead? Really, J?" :err:

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this chapter. Some readers might want to know what happened next and want you to update soon. But nope, not for me. I want to prolong this warm feeling inside my heart after I read this chapter. I'll cherish those sweet and fluffy scenes until then you update the next chapter.

Thank you, Sopcharo-san. I mean it.

Offline Matsui XI

« Reply #707 on: September 14, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »
This chapter is so beautiful. For a really long time, finally they're together. I don't know how to describe my feeling after having read this chapter. I really happy with them. Also crying . LoL

Actually, I don't have an account and always reading it like a shadow reader but cuz of your fiction, I don't wanna just read it and appreciated it alone. I want you to know that your fiction is great. And I really love it. I know that a great fiction like this is not easy to write. Thank you for your hard working. I hope I will have a chance to buy it in hardbook and have it in my collection books. Thank you so much. Really thank you for such a good and beautiful story. Please, Don't give up on your writing. Even if it hard to write but please don't give up. Keep going. Your work is so amazing. 😊

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #708 on: September 18, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »
Hi author-san, it's been a while~
I'm sorry it takes so long to write a comment since the new chapter released but like usual I read this chapter as soon as it was published in JPHIP  ;)

I love this chapter so much that I read this chapter slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Great job, author-san!!!!
Somehow I can feel that the end is near and it's saaaaad :cry:
Please don't make the final chapter too soon. We need more fluffy moments here!!!  :P :P
See you on the next chapter which I wish it won't be the last.
Cheeriooo~

Offline facarous

« Reply #709 on: September 23, 2018, 05:35:04 AM »
Hi, Sophcaro.
Well, first of all I would to say that I've already read four times this chapter and every single time it was awesome.
The first time I found myself  crying at the end, like "Oh God, finally!!" I was so touched.

I thought it's appropriate to tell you how you move the feelings of other people.
It's been four years since this adventure started with Heartbeat. I still remember the first time I read the chapter one of what would be the beginning of this trilogy. I was so excited to find such a good wmatsui fanfic!
Chapter after chapter I have experienced so many feelings: anxiety, happiness, sadness, frustration.
To think that we're close to reaching the end is something overwhelming.

I've enjoyed every piece of this chapter. From the obvious plan of Airin and Akane to the awkward behavior of Jurina and Rena around each other. And the most important part: when they are finally sincere with each other!!

"Can not you see that I love you?"
It was worth waiting so long for this phrase in Rena's voice.

Thanks for this chapter. Thank you for those kisses and confessions. Thank you for giving us hope.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #710 on: September 23, 2018, 11:10:19 PM »
This chapter has been happiness, in the form of fanfiction.
A long time waiting for this moment. It has been beautiful.
The only regret is that this story is giving its final touches.
After so many years I will miss reading it and its updates.

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny 38 [WMatsui] - 21/11/2018
« Reply #711 on: November 21, 2018, 04:56:44 PM »
Author's note: Thanks to Rhythm, Kyuartz, Matsui XI, Bukiyou Taiyou, Guacamoolee, facarous and Minami-chan for leaving a comment on chapter 37! It's always greatly motivating to receive feedback and read your comments.

Here's finally chapter 38. I hope the quality and length (it's twice longer as a normal chapter, and the longest chapter I've ever written for the trilogy!) will make it up for the wait.

CHAPTER 38

When Rena woke up, the first thing she perceived was the subtle citrus scent reaching her nostrils. A smile unconsciously grazed her lips as she refamiliarized herself with the delicate scent greeting her. Inevitably, a wave of nostalgia swept through her as she remembered those countless mornings she had woken up by Jurina’s side, enveloped by the same, pleasant smell of the younger girl’s characteristic shampooing.

Rena breathed a small sigh of content and kept her eyes closed, wishing to enjoy the soothing sensation as long as possible. Her heartbeat was calm and steady; her mind at peace and her body relaxed. Rena felt plenty rested; she hadn’t slept so well in years. And she was perfectly conscious that the comfort of her hotel bed was far from being the reason for her current blissful state.

Rena began to stretch and she extended her arm to reach the place beside her, expecting nothing else but to find her special person lying there, abruptly pausing when her palm met the cold surface.

Rena knitted her brows, puzzled, and finally peeled her eyes open. As her gaze fell upon the space next to her, she discovered that she was completely alone. The room was plunged into the obscurity and Rena shifted to the side, blinking, taking time to properly adjust to the darkness.

Her senses now fully awakened, her perplexity grew a notch at the profound quietness of the hotel room. Without contest, Jurina always had great difficulty getting up in the morning. However, once she was up and alert, she was anything by restless, rummaging through her drawers frenetically and getting dressed in the speed of light. Strangely, at this précised instant, there seemed to be no sign of the former SKE’s ace.

“Jurina…?” Rena called, her voice still slightly groggy with sleep. “Jurina?” she repeated a few seconds later, a little louder and more assured, her initial confusion giving way to a flash of concern when a dreadful silence greeted her back.

Rena turned around and took a seat in bed, taking a better look at her surroundings. Despite the closed double curtains, Rena could tell the morning was already well advanced by the brightness of the light filtering from underneath. Soon enough, her attention got drawn to the bathroom in expectancy, only to be disappointed when she saw no light appearing at the bottom of the door.

Her heart beat suddenly increased as she assessed and tried to make sense of the situation. Her mind tried to find a logical explanation to Jurina’s absence, yet another less rational side of her emerged as she began to forge a first scenario in her head. Could Jurina have possibly already left for the convention? Rena contemplated this eventuality for a while, however finding it hard to believe that she would have gone without her.

As she ended up crossing out this option, another more pessimistic thought surged within her. Her chest tightened; apprehension fluttered through her. Wait. It couldn’t be… She couldn’t perhaps have invented what happened between she and Jurina yesterday, could she? The reconciliation. Jurina’s forgiveness. The words of love. The kisses exchanged. It couldn’t have been the fruit of her imagination, right?

“No, she was here. I didn’t imagine it…” Rena said to herself, trying not to fall prey to her doubts and fears. If truth be told, this morning looked awfully similar to certain horrible dreams she had had in the past. Nights when her devious mind took advantage of her state of unconsciousness to make up what her heart foolishly desired - to be one day forgiven and reunited with Jurina - only to have her hopes crushed when she awoke from her slumber, and discovered in disarray that everything she had envisioned was only the reflection of her tormented soul.

But this time, it was different: Rena tried to reason. She refused to think that she had imagined everything that happened in this room, not after her delightful evening with Jurina. Rena tilted her head back to the empty space by her side and glided her hand across the surface of the mattress, feeling the soft, yet cold fabric of the white bedsheet beneath her tremulous fingertips. The previous, faint citrus scent she was convinced to have smelled had now entirely vanished, reinforcing her insecurities.

“I didn’t… I didn’t imagine everything, did I?” Rena whispered in anguish. If it was a figment of her imagination, then why could she feel so vividly the pressure of Jurina’s soft lips against hers? Why could she hear with such clarity the words of forgiveness and love Jurina had uttered inside her ear? And why could she still bathe in the comfort Jurina’s warm, reassuring arms had procured her?

The sound of the front door opening made her jump and she looked up instantaneously, befuddled when she saw no one else but Jurina entering the hotel room.

“Ah Rena, you’re awake,” Jurina spoke up enthusiastically when she noticed the feminine silhouette on the bed, closing the door behind her and placing her keycard on the table, stopping short when she turned around and their gazes locked. “What… What is it? What happened?” She approached and took a seat by her side, staring back at her worriedly. “Rena, talk to me. What’s wrong?”

When Jurina reached out for her hand and laced their fingers together, Rena jolted out of her daze. “No, I’m…” Rena stammered, having difficulty formulating a coherent explanation. “You weren’t here when I woke up, so I… so I thought…”

“You thought I had left?” Jurina’s face showed amusement, but darkened when the older girl opposite her didn’t respond. “Wait, you did? You really think I would leave you like this? How could I leave you after what happened between us yesterday?”

“Not, it’s not…” Embarrassment rose in Rena’s cheeks as she realized how stupid she must appear.

Clearly, she didn’t want to admit the extent of what had truly crossed her mind in Jurina’s absence: there was no use to concern her with her ridiculous thoughts. “I was just surprised when I woke up and you weren’t here,” Rena forced a smile, trying to sound reassuring. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have…” When she noted that her words didn’t have the desired effect and Jurina still looked both worried and confused, she cradled Jurina’s face with her hands, softly kissing her cheek. “It’s nothing. I’m fine, don’t worry.”

Jurina’s expression softened; her features relaxed into a smile. “I needed to make a quick phone call to my agent and I didn’t want to take the risk of waking you up, so I went in the hallway.”

“Oh, I see…” Rena processed the piece of information, indeed noticing the Smartphone secured in Jurina’s hand. Now, she definitely felt ashamed for having drawn such silly conclusions. “Nothing serious, I hope?”

“No, not at all. She sent me a few changes in my work schedule, and I wanted to look over my planning with her. I thought I would be back by the time you wake up…” Jurina’s voice trailed away in unease. “I’m sorry, I should have left you a note.”

“Let’s not think about it anymore, alright?” Rena replied, starting to feel truly bad for having worried the other girl unreasonably with her foolish behavior. “I’m fine. Everything is fine,” she added confidently, not wishing to dwell on the embarrassing subject any longer when her previous fears proved to be completely unfounded. “Tell me,” she squeezed Jurina’s fingers lightly, before asking in curiosity. “What time is it?”

“Ah, about that,” Jurina cleared her throat nervously. “Actually… it’s already quite late. It’s almost 10 a.m.”

“W-What?” A look of stupefaction came to Rena’s face. “Why didn’t you wake me up? I promised Airin we would leave the hotel at 9 a.m. There was a Square Enix conference she didn’t want to miss this morning!”

“I guess I didn’t have the heart to wake you up,” Jurina confessed a little guiltily. “You looked so peaceful and beautiful in your sleep. Was I… Was I wrong?”

Rena felt words failing her, moved by Jurina’s kindness and thoughtfulness. “No, you’re right… I slept extremely well yesterday.”

At the obvious pleasure lighting Jurina’s face, Rena smiled affectionately in return. When Jurina leaned forward to kiss her, Rena gladly welcomed Jurina’s soft lips on hers. They exchanged a first gentle kiss of reacquaintance, then another one, Rena feeling chills down her spine when Jurina gave her a lingering, amorous look.

“About the convention,” Jurina spoke up, gently breaking the kiss. “I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Airi and Akane already left.”

“They did?” Rena exclaimed in disbelief, following Jurina’s retreating form as she went to retrieve a piece of paper from the table.

“When I woke up, I found this under the door,” Jurina explained, handling it to her, and regaining her position next to her.

Rena accepted the note, taking in the hotel header at the top of the letter, recognizing Airi’s handwriting as she began to read.

Rena, Jurina,

You were both sleeping when we left for breakfast and we didn’t want to wake you up, so we thought it was best to leave ahead for the convention. You can join us later at the venue when you’re ready, or maybe you prefer to spend the weekend together?

Airi.

“Do you think… they figured it out?” Jurina asked, her voice mingled with hesitation and curiosity.

Rena smiled a little awkwardly, not quite sure how to put it when Jurina had evidently missed all evening Airi’s numerous attempts to play the matchmaker. “I don’t know. It’s… It’s possible.”

A long pause followed suit, during which Rena wondered what could possibly be going through Jurina’s head as a succession of contradicting expressions crossed her face, until Jurina’s eyes suddenly went wide like saucers. “Wait! Is this why Airi suggested to have dinner? And why she wanted to go to the cinemas with Churi? She was trying… She was trying to leave us alone?”

“I thought you would never notice,” Rena joked, laughing softly at Jurina’s moment of epiphany. “Yes, it was her intention. You see, Airin… From the minute we met in the hotel hallway, she became determined to help us spend more time together.”

Jurina seemed positively stunned by the revelation. “Then I guess… Then I guess I should thank her next time I see her.”

Rena could distinguish a new emotion shining in the depth of Jurina’s brown eyes. Somehow, she could tell she was not only taken aback by Airi’s actions, but also sincerely touched by them. “When you’re ready, we can go and have breakfast. The buffet is still opened for about 20 minutes. We should be able to make it on time,” Jurina said with a self-assured smile. “Then we can go to the convention and text them to find a meeting point inside the venue. What do you think?”

“Oh, sure…” Rena answered, holding back her slight disappointment. “Yes, of course. I’ll get changed and we can go downstairs to have breakfast.”

Jurina played with her fingers and leaned forward in anticipation, their mouths gently coming in contact as they shared a series of slow, sweet exploratory kisses. Rena’s arms slipped around Jurina’s neck, bringing them closer, desiring to erase all negative thoughts from her mind once and for all. Jurina showed no sign of wanting to break free from her embrace and Rena whispered three little words of love against Jurina’s warm lips, shuddering in pleasure when they were immediately returned.

Rena opened her suitcase and took out comfortable clothes to wear for the convention, the next moment stepping inside the bathroom. Not wishing to make Jurina wait too long when she was already terribly late, she decided that it was wiser to wait until after breakfast to have her daily morning shower and, once she was fully clothed, diverted her attention to her makeup bag. As she began to rummage through it, she changed her mind at the last minute, realizing it was also best to leave it aside for now if she didn’t want to lose too much time. Right as she was about to close it and warn Jurina that she was ready to leave, her fingers encountered a red box at the bottom of the makeup bag, causing her heart to skip a beat.

Rena’s feet abruptly paused on the tilted floor, finding herself simply unable to move away or to detach her eyes from the familiar view. Her fingers acted on impulse, opening the small, square box conscientiously. As Rena came face to face with the silver ring hanging on the necklace, she slowly and carefully turned it between her fingertips, studying once more the lovely inscription engraved inside.

Forever yours.

In an instant, she felt overwhelmed with emotion.

After her agonizingly painful breakup with Jurina, every time she would put the necklace on and read again the words of love, she couldn’t help but relive the past in a mixture of melancholy and nostalgia. Torn between her wish to go back in time and the need to move forward for her own mental sake, the thought of her fond memories with Jurina too frequently managed to bring the sting of tears to her eyes. 

This morning, Rena didn’t know how long she played with the piece of jewelry, admiring at length the meaningful gift she had received for her 25th birthday from Jurina on a sunny afternoon of July in Kyoto. For so long, this ring symbolized Jurina’s unconditional love for her: an affection she had cherished and returned with all her heart, yet ended up hurting in the cruelest way on that fateful day of April 2017.

As Rena reflected upon Jurina’s recent words of forgiveness, and the mutual feelings of love that had been confessed on that emotional snowy evening of December, she found again the courage and faith to believe in their destiny. Could this ring represent a new beginning? A brighter future for she and Jurina? If there was one thing she absolutely didn’t want, it was to take the risk of putting too much pressure on Jurina with her expectations, not when their reconciliation was still fresh and they had barely reconnected.

Rena removed the necklace from the red box, unclipping the clasp of the chain, and carefully placed it around her neck as she had done countless of times in the past. After clipping it back in place, she looked up and studied her reflection through the mirror, her fingertips grazing the outlines of the ring appreciatively.

“Rena, are you alright?” A sudden, soft knock sounded on the bathroom door.

“Yes, I’m ready,” Rena replied, snapping out of her reverie and cautiously tucking the ring under her tee-shirt. Glancing around the bathroom, she made sure one last time she hadn’t forgotten anything, before moving back towards the door. “Sorry for the wait,” she said a little apologetically when she opened and found Jurina standing on the doorstep.

Rena understood by Jurina’s slight worried look that she had been hogging the bathroom for unusually long, and she knew her inadvertent reminiscence of the past was in cause. “I’m good to go,” she took Jurina’s hand, pressing a light, reassuring kiss to her cheek. “Let’s go and have breakfast.”

She didn’t have to wait long to see Jurina’s expression changing and drawing in a slow, steady smile of happiness.

They left the hotel room soon after and walked in the direction of the elevator, Airi’s note soon coming back to the forefront of Rena’s mind. For some odd reason, Rena realized she wasn’t as impatient anymore to attend the manga and anime convention. As she stepped inside the elevator and tried to figure out her strange change of heart, everything suddenly made sense. Of course, her best friend knew her all too well.

Rena leaned her back against the elevator’s wall and observed pensively Jurina while she pressed the Reception button, the doors immediately closing in response. “We could also do as Airin suggested…” she started, a little hesitant. “And spend the day together.”

Her question owed her Jurina’s clear surprise. “What? But… this convention is important to you, isn’t it? You came all the way here to go to this event. I don’t want you to miss it.”

“Yes, I was looking forward to it,” Rena admitted in all-honesty. “But right now, I just want to spend more time with you. So, if you feel like it too, we could spend the day together? Just the two of us?”

When Jurina made no immediate reply, Rena realized her mistake. “I’m sorry, it was selfish of me. I forgot that you came here to spend the weekend with Akane. I shouldn’t have said that,” she paused, feeling embarrassed, before adding tentatively. “I’m sure we’ll have the opportunity to see each other when we go back to Nagoya. Let’s stick to our initial plan and go the conven-”

“I also want to spend the weekend with you,” Jurina interrupted her, catching Rena off guard, and quickly closing the distance between them. “In fact, I wanted to ask you the same thing earlier on, if you wanted us to spend the weekend together, but as I remembered that you came here to be with Airi, I didn’t know… I didn’t want to…”

Rena felt warmth spread through her chest at Jurina’s genuine confession, wondering what she had done to deserve to have such a loving, considerate person in her life. She put her arms around Jurina and held her close. “Then it’s settled,” she dropped her chin on Jurina’s shoulder with a sigh of pleasure, her heart pounding in anticipation. “Let’s spend the weekend together.”

“What about this one?”

Rena’s feet paused, checking in curiosity the new clothing store Jurina was showing to her. “Yes, let’s take a look around,” she agreed, smiling to herself when Jurina didn’t waste time in bringing her inside.

After a nice breakfast at the hotel restaurant, they had both contemplated how to pass the day, before deciding to go out and visit the area of Makuhari Messe. They spent most of the morning simply enjoying each other’s company and strolling in the streets, stopping now and then to admire the several Christmas illuminations decorating the districts and beautiful window shops.

This Saturday of late December, the city was filled with Christmas spirit, the magical atmosphere emphasized by the enchanting sight of the snow covering the streets and parks. Around lunch time, they settled at the Pesce d'Oro restaurant to enjoy a delicious dish of pasta and seafood, then opted for spending the rest of the afternoon exploring the Aeon Mall Makuhari Shintoshin.

Every now and then, Jurina would casually catch her hand and Rena wouldn’t hesitate to intertwine their fingers, listening to Jurina’s amusing stories and shooting anecdotes while sharing in return a book or a videogame she was currently invested into. Right after lunch, they had visited the Tsutaya bookstore - Jurina buying a cooking book full of new recipes she was eager to try – while she couldn’t resist herself a brand-new pair of red sneakers at the Adidas store. More than once, Rena rejoiced at how easy and natural their interactions felt, almost as if those three years of separation had never existed.

While Jurina would be busy checking some item she was interested in, Rena would occasionally steal a look at her from aside, finding Jurina’s enthusiasm not only downright adorable, but her manifest happiness greatly communicative. They were having nothing else but a wonderful time, and she came to wish this carefree moment between them would never end. It was now the beginning of the afternoon, and they had until now been enjoying every minute of their day together.

The new shop they had entered was quite crowed at this period of the year; families, couples and friends doing last minute shopping for the annual festivities. As she and Jurina were wandering in the Women’s clothing section, a switch flipped inside Rena’s head when she caught sight of a charming, blue pair of winter gloves. The matching woolen scarf on the above shelf also grabbed her attention and she seized both items without delay, soon casting a glance around.

She didn’t have to search long to find the person she was looking for studying a winter hat a few shelves away.

“Found something you like?” Rena approached and questioned once she stood beside the other girl. The undivided attention Jurina was giving to this specific woolen hat with red and blue stripes was enough proof and information to tell that it undeniably appealed to her.

“I like this hat,” Jurina replied, confirming her predictions. “I think I want to buy it,” she put it on and checked her appearance through the shop mirror, before glancing back at her in expectation. “What do you think?”

“It does look nice on you,” Rena replied sincerely.

A smile of happiness plastered Jurina’s features. “Then it’s decided. I’m buying it,” she stated with assurance, until noticing the scarf and pair of gloves Rena was holding. “Did you find anything for you?”

“It’s not for me,” Rena said, gently wrapping the scarf around Jurina’s neck, before holding out the pair of matching gloves. “Try them on?”

Albeit startled, Jurina complied to her request and slipped on the first glove, then the second. “They are comfortable and warm,” she nodded in agreement, turning towards the mirror to take another good look at herself. “And I like the scarf too.”

Rena’s face shone with satisfaction and pleasure. “Good, then it’s yours. I’m buying them.”

Jurina stared back at her in amazement. “Eh? Why? You don’t need to. I have money. I can pay.”

“I know you do,” Rena’s voice tinted with amusement. “What I meant is, I’m buying them for you as a gift.”

“You don’t,” Jurina babbled nervously, heat rising in her cheeks. “It’s really nice of you, but you don’t need to give me a present. I didn’t give you anything today.”

“And I’m not asking you to,” Rena smiled warmly, shaking her head in protest. “I’m not expecting anything in return.”

Rena could almost see the gears turning within Jurina’s head as she looked her full in the eye for an endless time. “No, really, I can’t accept…”

Rena laughed in bewilderment. “You don’t have to make such a big deal about it. It’s a very simple and modest present…”

“It doesn’t matter,” Jurina refused stubbornly.

Rena began to quietly cry out of sheer frustration. “Can you please…” she took a determined step forward, tugging onto the end of Jurina’s scarf. “Can you please not be so difficult and let me do this for you? Please?”

A look of astonishment crossed Jurina’s face.

When no further retort left Jurina’s lips, Rena breathed a sigh of relief. “I see certain things haven’t changed,” she added teasingly, running her fingers along the fabric of Jurina’s blue woollen scarf. “You’re still as obstinate as ever.”

“I’m not-” Jurina began to protest, before stopping short when the corners of Rena’s mouth curved upwards in amusement. “Alright, maybe sometimes…” Jurina admitted timidly. “Thank you, Rena. Thank you for these gifts.”

It always amazed Rena how the 23-year-old girl standing in front of her could act so self-confidently in front of a crowd of thousand people, yet at the same time behave like a flustered, little girl when confronted with the simple act of receiving a gift. At the cute sight, Rena dropped a gentle kiss on Jurina’s cheek, chuckling softly when the younger girl spontaneously embraced her. For nothing in the world, she would want that charming duality in Jurina’s personality to change.

It was past 4 p.m. when they decided to give their feet a well-deserved respite and settled down at a café inside the shopping center. After they both checked the menu and agreed on what to take, Rena rose from her seat to go and order, taken aback when Jurina jumped on her feet and insisted on doing it. Despite finding Jurina’s behavior a little peculiar, Rena easily relented and didn’t think too much about it, passing it off as a simple act of kindness. For a little while, Rena followed distractedly Jurina’s silhouette as she made her way to the cashier, until she heard her cellphone beeping and drew her attention to the device laying on the table.

As she unlocked the screen and checked her messages, she saw that she had received a new text from Airi.

There was quite a lot of people today, but I still managed to get you a few goodies. Square Enix and Capcom made some big announcement and we were able to try out a few new games in demonstration. We’re currently attending a panel with Yuki Tabata; he just announced a sequel to Black Clover. After the convention, there’s a special projection at the Aeon cinema of the movie adaptation of The Promised Neverland that Akane wants to go. Maybe we can all meet later for dinner? I hope your day is going well with Jurina.

Rena’s face spread into a smile of pleasure. Airi’s enthusiasm might be somewhat contained in her message, she could easily read between the lines: it was more than obvious that her best friend was truly enjoying herself. “Airin just texted me,” Rena spoke up, when she noticed from her peripheral vision Jurina returning to the table. “It looks like they are having a good time.”

“Really? I’m happy to hear that,” Jurina brightened at the news, sliding into the chair opposite her. “Yes, I’m really glad to know that they are getting along.”

For a shrinking moment Jurina paused and Rena frowned, seeing Jurina’s expressive face changing and becoming almost somber. “To be honest, I’m relieved. They used to be such close friends but all of a sudden, everything changed. They stopped seeing each other as often, and I always felt bad about it…”

“Why? You’re not responsible,” Rena said, bewildered, before sighing regretfully. “I am…”

When she faced Jurina’s surprise, a look of sadness passed over Rena’s features. “Akane wanted to understand the situation better, which was legitimate and completely understandable. And Airin… she was only following my wishes; protecting the truth for my sake. It took me a while to realize that what I was asking of her was terribly unfair. Akane was her friend too, and she shouldn’t have been put in such a difficult situation. But the harm was already done.”

Rena felt a slight constriction in her throat and lapsed into silence. It was the second time that she shared her feeling of guilt with someone else. Even if she knew Airi had never held it against her - refusing her words of apology and affirming she had nothing to feel sorry for - Rena knew deep down that she had acted wrongly and insensitively. “I just hope that someday Akane will be able to accept me again. Forgive me for the hurt I caused you, and for being the source of disagreements between she and Airin.”

“I think…” Jurina paused and maneuvered her thoughts. “I think she already has,” she continued, her tone confident again. “Otherwise, she wouldn’t have accepted to go to the convention with Airi, and we wouldn’t be sitting here together.”

Rena met Jurina’s hopeful gaze with a faint smile. She could tell Jurina was doing her best to sound reassuring, but she didn’t manage to share her faith. She didn’t fool herself into believing things were so easy, not when her breakup with Jurina had formed a rift between she and one of Jurina’s closest friends. Even if she had indeed witnessed Akane acting in connivance with Airi the previous evening, she was lucid that it would take some time to regain Akane’s complete trust.

The serious exchange was broken by the arrival of the male waiter, Rena allowing herself to relax as she gladly welcomed the interruption. She watched with interest as the waiter placed Jurina’s dessert - the banana and chocolate pancake, along with her mango fruit yoghurt - in front of her, concealing a smile as a satisfied light instantly came into Jurina’s eyes, before the waiter turned towards her.

Rena could see everything had been baked and prepared down to the finest detail as she studied, quite impressed, her matcha chiffon cake that looked delicious, but couldn’t contain her surprise when she discovered the heart-shaped cream at the top of her hot café Moka. Rena listened absentmindedly as the male waiter excused himself and left the table, before raising her gaze in slight confusion, only to see Jurina looking at her with a secret smile.

That’s when it hit her.

Now, she understood why Jurina was so adamant on ordering.

Rena’s heart fluttered in her chest and she admired the beautiful, perfectly shaped-heart cream inside her cup of coffee. Jurina’s special attention was incredibly cheesy yet lovely at the same time, and she smiled back at her fondly, her lips forming a silent thank you. She could tell Jurina was definitely proud of herself and the reaction she had provoked when she saw the younger girl beaming with affection and delight.

They were halfway through their dessert, Rena discussing a Japanese TV show she was watching at the moment, when she noticed that Jurina seemed slightly elsewhere. Rena arched an eyebrow at Jurina’s strange behavior before her attention got drawn to the new music playing in the background, recognizing one of SKE’s most famous and oldest songs, Oki Doki. As a certain conversation they both had back in September during Jurina’s graduation concert came rushing back, Rena wondered if the joyful, energic tune playing in the air couldn’t be the reason for Jurina’s current distracted look.

Rena stopped eating, and gazed at her a little worriedly. “Jurina? Are you alright?”

Her words seemed to bring Jurina back to reality, as her eyes immediately refocused back on her. “Ah yes, I’m fine. I’m sorry. It just makes me feel a little nostalgic when I hear an old SKE song. It brings back so many memories. You’ll think it’s silly,” Jurina shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “But the first weeks following my graduation, it was weird to hear their music on the radio or see the group performing on TV shows without me. There were times in which I felt not myself, almost melancholic.”

Understanding crossed Rena’s face.

“I don’t think it’s silly at all,” Rena gently disagreed. “You were SKE’s center for more than ten years. I don’t expect you to turn the page and move on so easily from something that had such a deep impact on your life.”

“I guess…” Jurina’s voice trailed away uncertainly.

After a thoughtful pause, Jurina continued in a lighter tone. “But you were right when you told me the feeling would eventually fade away. It took me a while, but now, when I look at these girls and see how hardworking they are, how much they fight for SKE and never give up no matter what, I feel more at ease. I know I need to take my distance from the group, but as long as SKE will exist, I will keep supporting them, even from afar.”

Rena couldn’t help but feel impressed by her candid honesty; she knew Jurina meant strongly everything she said. “I know you will keep on supporting them. And I also know you will remain a role model for them and the future generations; a person they will always look up to for everything you’ve accomplished.”

“And to you too,” Jurina said, conviction filling her voice as she reached across the table to catch Rena’s hand in hers. “SKE was never just about me. The group would never have grown and thrived so much without your passion and dedication. I would never have been able to lead the group and gain so much confidence in myself without your support and presence by my side.”

Rena gently laced Jurina’s fingers with her own, moved by her touching declaration and the warmth of Jurina’s smile. It certainly wasn’t the first time Jurina said such words so vibrantly, yet the influence Jurina liked to attribute her on her role in the idol group still managed to destabilize her. Somehow, it was hard for her to wrap her head around the concept that a person as ordinary and unpretentious as herself could truly have been a driving force for someone else.

But maybe it was a little unfair of her to demean her importance and cast some doubt upon Jurina’s profound convictions. After all, a certain enthusiastic, energetic and extroverted young girl named Jurina Matsui had a long time ago equally played a crucial part in her life, bringing her out of her shell, pushing back her limits, and offering her one of the most significant lessons of her life: that nothing is impossible when you believe in yourself.

It was already pitch dark outside when they reached the hotel after dinner, Jurina astonished and admittedly a little disappointed by how exceptionally fast the day had gone by. Rena slid the keycard inside the lock and, after parting ways with Akane and Airi and bidding them goodnight, they both entered the hotel room, Jurina realizing how much she had truly missed out these last three years. She used to believe so ardently that her work accomplishments were enough to make her a happy person.

Spending only one single day with the 29-year-old long, brown-haired actress named Rena Matsui had been enough to put in question her deepest beliefs.

If she had to be entirely honest with herself, she had vainly attempted to act strong and mature during all these years. To convince herself that she was plenty capable of moving on. That she would eventually manage to forget about that special person who had been an intrinsic part of her universe for almost ten years, and whom she had admired, praised and loved so wholeheartedly. No, nothing had ever been the same anymore without Rena. And after this perfect day together, Jurina was conscious that her life would simply never be complete again if Rena wasn’t fully by her side.

Jurina’s eyes followed her affectionately while Rena removed her gloves and boots and placed her warm, black winter coat inside the closet. Rena commented how pleasant the dinner was with Akane and Airi and she couldn’t help but agree, feeling once more drunk with happiness when Rena drew closer and connected their lips in a gentle kiss. After exchanging a lingering, loving smile, Rena made her way to the bathroom and Jurina heaved a deep contented sigh, before glancing down to the brand-new blue pair of gloves that she was wearing.

For a while, she couldn’t help but feel stupidly, childishly giddy, feeling the color rush into her cheeks, before slipping off her gloves and hanging her coat next to Rena’s. While she listened to the sound of water falling in the shower, she went to take one last look of appreciation at the snowy view outside, then closed the double curtains, soon falling lost in thoughts. The previous evening, she had been overwhelmed with happiness, her raw, intense emotions guiding every single one of her words, actions and affectionate gestures. She had purely enjoyed the present moment, not thinking too seriously about what laid ahead of them.

After the small incident that occurred this morning, Jurina was aware certain things were left unsaid, and she ought to speak her mind to wash away any possible remaining uncertainties between she and Rena. It had taken her a while to grasp Rena’s unusual behavior; why she looked so unusually fragile and destabilized, so frightened that she had left her behind. It was completely ridiculous to believe such a thing: Jurina had thought at the time, wondering why on earth such a strange idea would cross Rena’s head.

During the course of their dinner with Akane and Airi, her mind had wandered a few times back to this conversation. When she reflected upon her own current state of mind, she finally managed to put the pieces back together. When Rena had confessed her feelings for her, and to never stopping loving her all these years, it had felt almost… surreal. If Rena hadn’t been standing right in front of her and repeated her words of love, she could easily have convinced herself she was imagining the whole scene.

This morning too, when she had woken up and gazed down upon the lovely sight of Rena sleeping peacefully by her side, she had also experienced a slight sensation of disbelief. Maybe she had been focusing too much on her own overwhelming thoughts and feelings to not pay enough attention to what was happening under her nose. To remember that Rena wasn’t always the strong, composed and mature girl that magazines liked to portray, but could sometimes also be shy, fragile and insecure.

Jurina felt a little remorseful for failing to interpret the situation better. She and Rena were in fact going through a similar phase: they were both having a hard time accepting that life was truly giving them a second opportunity.

“Jurina? Are you alright?” Jurina’s eyes shot up when she saw Rena stepping out of the bathroom: she hadn’t even heard the water stopping. Rena was now dressed in her pajamas, and gazing at her in a mixture of curiosity and concern. “You seem elsewhere… What’s on your mind?”

“There’s something important I need to tell you,” Jurina walked towards her decisively, feeling her heart thumping erratically as she knew she was about to pour her heart out and there would be no turning back after that. 

“What is it?” Rena asked affectionately, planting a gentle kiss on Jurina’s cheek. “You know you can tell me everything.”

“I know why you looked scared this morning, why you believed I had left you. But Rena, what is happening right now between us is real. I want you back in my life,” Jurina murmured earnestly, gathering her against her chest. “Not for a day, a weekend, a few weeks or months. Not for an occasional phone call to keep in touch with each other’s life. Not for a brief conversation around a cup of coffee to catch up with lost time. I want us to be as we were before. No, even more. I don’t want us to hide. I want to proudly be able to say that you’re the person that I love.”

Jurina’s lips brushed hers in a kiss, tightening her hold when she felt Rena’s body quivering against her. When their lips slowly disconnected, Jurina held her breath in anticipation and her eyes came to study Rena’s face, feeling the muscles in her stomach clenching nervously as she awaited Rena’s reaction.

Rena’s eyes were brimming with happiness as she caught Jurina’s hand inside hers to place it over her heart, warmth filling Jurina from within when she felt the irregular fluttering beneath her palm. As Rena guided next her fingers to her neck and the piece of jewelry she was wearing, Jurina’s eyes widened in disbelief when Rena pulled it out and she discovered it was far from any ordinary pendant.

It was a silver ring.

Her silver ring.

“Y-You still wear it?” Jurina couldn’t hide the sudden tremor in her voice as the implication sank in.

Pleasure found their way to Jurina’s eyes and she drew her face to hers in a renewed embrace. She sought Rena’s mouth with her own, before showering kisses around her lips and along her jaw, kissing her with a new fervor, a hunger that belied her outward calm. “No matter what happens next, no matter the moments of hardships we might go through in our lives, I’m never letting you go again. Never…”

“I love you,” Rena whispered huskily against her lips, then kissed her on the forehead, the nose, the cheek, and finally gently back on the mouth. “You and no one else. I truly mean it, Jurina. I mean i-”

Jurina smothered her last words with a quick press of her lips, feeling Rena’s arms bringing them even closer in response. Her pulse quickened when she felt Rena’s hands roaming up and down her back, urgently caressing her body through the fabric of her tee-shirt. When Rena’s fingers cleverly found a breach underneath and moved upwards to glide over her skin, she shivered with delight, realizing how much she had truly missed and craved for Rena’s sensual touch.

Jurina’s eyes fluttered open, her heart racing at the clear, more intimate direction the strong emotional moment they were sharing was taking, the double meaning of Rena’s gaze very obvious as it reflected her love and need for her all at once.

-----------

Author's note: I had the censor the last part of the chapter to respect the guidelines of JPHIP.
You can find the full, uncensored version of this chapter HERE.

TO BE CONTINUED

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:07:04 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Kyuartz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (38/40) [WMatsui] - 21/11/2018
« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2018, 03:21:07 AM »
the way Rena felt insecure and thought that Jurina walked away or it's just her imagination, reminding me of the past when Jurina felt that way.
The sweet little romantic moment is nice, like how Rena picked the gloves and scarf for Jurina and how Jurina returned the gesture by ordering that mocha with a little surprise for Rena
For when Rena showed Jurina the ring, literally made me scream. haha. Like finally~~
Jurina was asking Rena to make things official like no hiding 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍👍👍 and it also makes me wonder, is it like they were going out to public and didn't care about the media or how? Because it's how Jurina was hinting. So yeah~~ I'll be waiting for next chapter to see how it goes~~ but it's also sad when I remember that the fiction is going to end soon...
Keep up the good work, sophcaro-san. I'll be waiting for the next update.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:28:31 AM by Kyuartz »

Offline Rhythm

• Member+
  • Just a silent reader passing by~
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (38/40) [WMatsui] - 21/11/2018
« Reply #713 on: November 22, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
I'm in tears  :farofflook:
It's such a beautiful chapter, I love how Rena always bring the ring in her makeup box :shy2:
Can't wait for next chapter!

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #714 on: November 25, 2018, 11:47:06 PM »
Thank you very much for the update.
We missed you but the wait was worth it.

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #715 on: December 01, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

the way Rena felt insecure and thought that Jurina walked away or it's just her imagination, reminding me of the past when Jurina felt that way.
The parallel with the last chapter of Heartbeat was done on purpose, so I'm glad it was noticed   :)

The sweet little romantic moment is nice, like how Rena picked the gloves and scarf for Jurina and how Jurina returned the gesture by ordering that mocha with a little surprise for Rena

Mutually trying to please each other, right?  :wub:

Jurina was asking Rena to make things official like no hiding 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍👍👍 and it also makes me wonder, is it like they were going out to public and didn't care about the media or how? Because it's how Jurina was hinting.

Let's say Jurina was being especially emotional and it's more something she said on the spur of the moment, without true afterthoughts? I believe Jurina was mostly trying to show her undivided commitment to Rena through those words.

For when Rena showed Jurina the ring, literally made me scream. haha. Like finally~~

It's such a beautiful chapter, I love how Rena always bring the ring in her makeup box :shy2:

It was time that Jurina knew about that, right?   :heart:

Thank you very much for the update.
We missed you but the wait was worth it.

I'm glad to hear that!
Can you maybe develop a bit more and tell me what you liked in particular in this chapter?
I always like to hear readers' opinions!  :yep:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:34:00 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #716 on: December 02, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »
Oh wow … this chapter is very long! I could imagine it took a lot of work and determination to write it. Thank you, author-san!

I actually felt familiar –like being in a déjà vu, sort of– with the scene about Rena wondering if last night’s moment with Jurina was real or not, but I couldn’t remember what brought me that kind of feeling.

And then you explained it:

The parallel with the last chapter of Heartbeat was done on purpose, so I'm glad it was noticed

So now I know why I felt familiar with the particular scene.

I like how both Matsui exchanged affectionate sweet little gestures to each other. My favourite part was when they walked holding hands in public. A heart-shaped cream on Rena’s coffee was cheesy –yes– but hella cute! Hehe…  :luvuluvu:

Rena’s necklace definitely brought back a memory of something happened in Kyoto’s park. Jurina must have been very happy to know that Rena still kept the gift from her.

I suddenly had this additional imaginary conversation on my mind following the scene:
Jurina: Y-You still wear it?
Rena: Yes.
Jurina: After all this time?
Rena: Always.

(I’m sorry to bring this famous line in Harry Potter’s scene here, I just can’t help it! Hehe…)

I’m genuinely happy to see they’re together again. Rena and Jurina deserves happiness. Anyway, I’m too embarrased to comment on particular scenes here, so maybe I can send you a DM instead?

Ps. I have this random thought when I heard what Jurina said to Rena.

“[…] I want you back in my life,” Jurina murmured earnestly, gathering her against her chest. “Not for a day, a weekend, a few weeks or month […]”
This somehow reminds me of the first part of Irresistible by The Corrs. :on lol:

Nicely done, author-san!

Offline facarous

« Reply #717 on: December 04, 2018, 07:34:05 AM »
Hi, Sophcaro!!

This chapter is a big one, I mean, a really big one! And every single part of this chapter is gold and I'm not exaggerating!
The first scene when Rena wakes up and Jurina isn't in bed with her, I could really feel Rena's fear. What if Jurina was never there? What if everything was just a dream? And you know? I can't help but go back to Heartbeat.

All the parts of their date was cute but it took a little of courage for each of them to say that they preferred to spend time together instead of going to the anime convention, eh?  :lol:

I really could imagine Rena buying that scarf to Jurina and Jurina being the stubborn human being that she is and not wanting to accept the gift. I wanted to yell "Oh, c'mon Jurina!! Just accept that gift and make Rena happy!!" but it's OK because she did a 10/10 with the coffee thing. :wub:

On the light side, Jurina finally realized that Airi was trying to help them to spend more time together  :lol: I thought she never would notice it!! Better late than never J! :lol:

This chapter has a lot of significant things like Rena having the ring  :wub: but my favorite part was:
“I know why you looked scared this morning, why you believed I had left you. But Rena, what is happening right now between us is real. I want you back in my life, not for a day, a weekend, a few weeks or months. Not for an occasional phone call to keep in touch with each other’s life. Not for a brief conversation around a cup of coffee to catch up with lost time. I want us to be as we were before. No, even more. I don’t want us to hide. I want to proudly be able to say that you’re the person that I love.” :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Sophcaro, you're like a oasis for every WMatsui shipper.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:47:34 PM by sophcaro »

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #718 on: December 04, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »
What I liked the most, is that somehow it reminded me of the last episode of the first season.
When Rena gets up to the bathroom and Jurina wakes up, and believes that everything has been her imagination.

This time you have reversed the papers.

It has been what most caught my attention. Apart from seeing how Jurina and Rena have spent a good day together after so much time, taking back what they lost when they broke up their relationship.

Offline Matsui XI

« Reply #719 on: December 08, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »
"Somehow, it was hard for her to wrap her head around the concept that a person as ordinary and unpretentious as herself could truly have been a driving force for someone else.

But maybe it was a little unfair of her to demean her importance and cast some doubt upon Jurina’s profound convictions. After all, a certain enthusiastic, energetic and extroverted young girl named Jurina Matsui had a long time ago equally played a crucial part in her life, bringing her out of her shell, pushing back her limits, and offering her one of the most significant lessons of her life: that nothing is impossible when you believe in yourself."

I love that one. It's so real. It's not just a thought of Rena in a fiction, but I always think that both of them have feelings for each other in this way too. It doesn't matter to me that they're together or not, but what you can't deny is that they meant to each other.  😊

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Koibito