JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Two Moons

Author Topic: Watchmen (2009)  (Read 10042 times)

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: Watchmen (2009)
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 06:20:35 AM »
when I saw the trailer of the movie I thought it was going to be good but after read the comments it seems that is gonna be even better.
Guess I should check the book first so I can understand better the movie :)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 08:10:25 AM »
Watchmen Director's Cut Will Be Back in Theaters in July?!

This is a very big IF right now, but as long as everything goes incredibly well on March 6th, it may happen! The music gurus over at VH1 confirmed some quotes from Zack Snyder today about the Watchmen "director's cut," which runs around 3 hours and 10 minutes at the moment. "[It] comes out in July," Snyder told VH1, and it's "considerably more violent than this … and sexier." And apparently if Watchmen does well in March, the director's cut could get a theatrical release in Los Angeles and New York in July. Hot damn! If I were you, I'd make sure you're seeing Watchmen in a few weeks, because I want this happen!

Snyder also talks about the details on the DVD and Blu-Ray, which will be double-dipped with an initial release and a combined secondary release later in the fall, which will contain the Tales of the Black Freighter animated movie spliced into the live-action movie. But considering we're all about theatrical releases, this is very exciting news to hear. I'm kind of amazed that Zack got Warner Brothers to approve this, but if it ends up being as big of a hit as everyone is expecting, then why not? Plus, they need to make up some of their lost costs due to the deal they were forced to make with Fox in January. Make it happen!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/19/watchmen-directors-cut-will-be-back-in-theaters-in-july/

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »
i finished reading the graphic novel last nite.  At first i was like, "its only 12 books, shouldn't take that long", but they're really packed with content =)  The movie is gonna be dope
word.

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 03:29:12 AM »
i really hope the movie is good too.  reviews so far say otherwise.  i just started reading the graphic novel yesterday.  on chapter/book 8 right now and it's really good.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »
I just saw it.  I think the director's cut will be better.  It tried it's best to stay true to the source material.  Damn happy it wasn't PG-13.  Lots of haters, bashing it for being to true to the source.  Screw Hollywood, it was damn good!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
my friend saw it last night and liked it, especially the ending of it..can't wait to see this myself! :)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »
I saw it last night and really liked it, it ran nearly 3 hours but didn't feel long at all.
Now I'm tempted to read the comic books.
Oh and I got a little bloody  :) pin with the movie ticket.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 07:38:54 PM »
^ it's actually just one graphic novel.

And ooh nice pin! I want one!

Saw it and loved it. Stayed very true to the graphic novel which was pretty surprising. And yeah it was almost 3 hours long but didn't feel it to me, but the gf was falling asleep in some parts. Stylistically, it was a comic book movie, but it wasn't a superhero movie, if that makes sense to you guys, much like 300 was. :lol:

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »
i saw the movie on opening night and i read the comic for the first time the week the movie came out.  i like the comic ending better than the movie.  i liked how the movie was soooo like the comic, but it just made the parts that weren't directly from the comic jump out at me. 

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »
The comic was intended to be a little more on the satire edge, so the ending was more of a "comic-y disaster" which was really interesting.  The multiple panels from the comic was very exciting since it showed enough to tease but not reveal the larger element.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »
Before watching this movie, I only knew that the ending would be different than in the graphic novel. So I didn't expect much.

But this time I was wrong. The movie was great, and the changes they had made to the novel, were all for the better. Especially the ending was great. It did make more sense. Also Rorschach somhow came to alive, and is now my favorite character. For some reason, I found him little dull when I read the novel.

coot is ctz

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 06:45:04 AM »
Zack Snyder Confirms Watchmen Director's Cut Still Coming

Also receiving an award at ShoWest yesterday was Zack Snyder, who was obviously asked about all things Watchmen and nothing Sucker Punch. One important question, however, was in regards to whether or not Warner Brothers will still re-release the extended director's cut of Watchmen back in theaters in July as originally planned, since it didn't perform well at the box office. But wait - before Snyder answered that, he made sure to compare the opening box office of Monsters vs. Aliens ($59.3 million) to his own movie ($55.2 million), then ask why people were saying that Watchmen wasn't being called a big hit as well?

Anyway, Snyder went on to say, "I think that's still happening. I think they're still going to do a limited run of it, or they're still talking about it anyway." When the news first hit that it would be coming back to the theaters in July, Snyder hinted that it might be very limited, like only in New York and Los Angeles. He added: "If you didn't have enough in 2 hours and 40 minutes, you'll have 3 hours and 10 minutes, and I think there is 3 hours and 30 minutes coming, so there'll be a lot more Watchmen to come, regardless of how people feel about it." Even if you're not up for seeing Watchmen again now, you might be by summer.

Even though I loved Watchmen, there are plenty of people who didn't and yet are still excited to see the director's cut, just to see how much more depth Snyder actually added. I'm also looking forward to certain scenes like Hollis Mason's death (which was cut from the original release). Obviously we'll let you know whether this actually happens closer to July.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/03/zack-snyder-confirms-watchmen-directors-cut-still-coming/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
Watchmen Director's Cut Blu-ray Gets Detailed

Posted May 12, 2009 05:16 AM

Warner Home Video has announced the technical specs and special features for the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'Watchmen: Director's Cut', which is due to hit store shelves on July 28, day-and-date with the DVD release. Video will be presented in 1080p VC-1 accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

The only version of the movie on this Blu-ray edition will be the director's cut, which is 3 hours and 10 minutes long, according to statements by director Zack Snyder. However, a standard-definition digital copy of the theatrical cut will also be included.

Extras are as follows:

* Maximum Movie Mode (BD exclusive)
    * Watchmen: Focus Points
    * The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics
    * Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes (BD exclusive)
    * Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World (BD exclusive)
    * Music Video: Desolation Row (My Chemical Romance)
    * Digital Copy (theatrical version)
    * BD-Live

The Maximum Movie Mode will allow split-screen viewing of "Watchmen" to focus on elements in director Zack Snyder's on-camera commentary.

As we already reported yesterday, it will be possible to sync up the BD-Live functionality on this title with friend networks on Facebook.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2686

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 06:13:37 AM »
Watchmen Director's Cut Will Hit Theaters on July 17th

This isn't an official announcement (I don't know why Warner Brothers hasn't made one yet), but our good friend Frosty over at Collider talked with Zack Snyder himself today and got re-confirmation that the extended Director's Cut of Watchmen will indeed be officially hitting theaters on July 17th, the weekend before Comic-Con. He confirmed that it will only show for one weekend in one theater in only Los Angeles, Dallas, Minneapolis, and New York City. So if you live in one of those four cities, you'll want to make sure you buy your tickets in advance for this re-release. I know I'm already planning to be there!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see this movie again. Over the last few months I've been getting a nagging desire to see Watchmen again in theaters, maybe because over time I've started to think about it so much more. And thankfully not only will I have that opportunity, but I'll get to see the extended Director's Cut, which I'm genuinely excited to see. Zack said that they've made an extra poster to promote this re-release and will even be advertising it. As has been reported previously, there is at least an extra 25 minutes of footage, though I'm sure we'll get exact numbers closer to July 17th.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/24/watchmen-directors-cut-will-hit-theaters-on-july-17th/

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Two Moons