JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - Paisley Galaxy

Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 64710 times)

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »
First DLC for AC II is coming out on January 28th. I was getting kinda worried when they didn't announced a date for it soon. Has anybody heard of the multiplayer game that will be coming out in April? Wondering how that one is going to work out.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »
I haven't heard of the Multiplayer game. Will one player be Ezio and the other player have a choice of choosing an Assassin from the order? That would be cool.

I really liked the DLC.  The ending killed me and had me wanting more. I hate when games do that. But at least the story will be continued in the next DLC. I started a brand new file and reached the current DLC part, so that when the new one comes out, it will be in chronological order.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »
I've just beaten the game yesterday. I loved it, thousand of times better than the first but once again the ending will leave you scratching your head  :banghead:

I had to read some explaining and watched a video on youtube to fully understand it. It's good when you put it together, but come on. Is asking too much being able to understand it straight out ?
I was able to understand FFXIII's ending in japanese just fine, but couldn't get Assassin's Creed 2 ? Well, maybe I should've payed more attention to the plot  :P

Overall, amazing experience. I just wish I had already been to Italy so I could enjoy it even more.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 03:19:02 AM »
Just announced that "Bonfire of the Vanities" will be released on February 18th. mode107 I can't really remember the details of the multiplayer on top of my head and how it's going to work. Yuna, I'm glad you had an amazing experience with the game. I didn't understand some of the parts until I went back and actually finished the first game. :nervous
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:31:24 AM by A1 »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:50 AM »
^ WHA?!  wow, that's in two days... I wasn't expecting the release for awhile.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:33:21 AM by mode107 »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40:13 AM »
Douuuble!

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Renaissance-Oliver-Bowden/dp/0441019293/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266892396&sr=8-1-spell
My copy is on its way. :D  I can't believe I discovered this today, the day before its U.S. release. I'm quite excited to read it, and i'm not even a reader.  It's basically the same storyline as AC 2, but there are some changes and new events.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:48:31 AM by mode107 »

Offline wixz

• ecchi
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 07:56:39 AM »
i played the assassin creed 1 but its kinda boring the gameplay just repititive.. is it AC2 the same? becos i see at youtube u can move to someplaces at the real world and also can buy things

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »
^ In comparison to AC1, then the sequel is miles better. Really, I think it's improved from AC1 in every way possible. More varying, and interesting, side missions, more weapons, more collectibles, a better story, it really was one of the finest games of last year.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 04:16:12 AM »
There were no "missions" in AC 1, correct?  at least all I remembered was: you go to a guy, he gives you info, you go to another guy that also gives you info, and those pieces of information leads you to the assasination target.  Wow.. I really liked that game but AC 2 did work.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
When I first heard of a new AC game this year, one with multiplayer involved, I thought it was cool but maybe just a little too soon. The thing I was most skeptical of was multiplayer, like how exactly would that work? Well I've seen a multiplayer walkthrough of a kind of 'Free For All' game mode and I have to admit, it looks pretty awesome :D

It's something new and exciting, I really like the idea behind it, and it's got me sold on competitive multiplayer for it. I wonder if there are any co-op sections and how those will work? Or single player at all? Apparently it follows Ezio. But I better finish AC2 first! XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Brotherhood#Multiplayer Doesn't look like co-op is planned. It's primarily a single player game, I believe.

Looks like it could be interesting. I loved AC1, and AC2 more, so here's hoping they expand further on the concept. :thumbup

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »
WEEKEND SPECIAL: This weekend only, buy Assassin's Creed II and get a FREE copy of Assassin's Creed!

This is from Impulse, a service entirely like Steam.

@ Impulse

Offline x1aomomo

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 03:24:10 AM »
The Multiplayer for Brotherhood would is like Lobby system am i right?
Gain Points and End each session......?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
I completed AC2! :w00t: My thoughts:

What. The. Fuck! :lol: Nolan North echoed my sentiments exactly. The great thing about AC2 is how it takes real world religion and conspiracy theories and twist them to create this cool story. To that end I think that the sun expanding and maybe ending the world is a clear reference to the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. And the reveal of more temples seems to indicate where the next entry in the series can take them. Didn't anyone else find it weird that Minerva was breaking through the 4th wall? Because Desmond isn't looking through the camera, he's Ezio. She should be speaking to him. That scene could have been done better if it was in first person IMO. And if you want to read what others think of the ending, don't go to Youtube. It's full of nutters who believe in these conspiracy theories in the first place.

I was also pleased because early on when playing the game I was reading an AC2 news article and some asshole had said, 'I can't believe Da Vanci was a Templar all along' in the comments, and I thought a big reveal was spoiled, but obviously that never happened XD

Overall I was so pleased with AC2. I wanted it to do well, and I thought it was great from start to finish. Can't wait for Part 3 and now even Brotherhood. I really liked the Renaissance, and was hoping to do more in Rome, so being able to do so, and with a good character like Ezio, is cool, even though I don't see what role he has left in the story.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
Developer Walkthrough

Yep, looks like AC 2.5 alright. Still, not saying it's a bad thing.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »
I can't wait for this game! My aunt is gonna pre-order it for me,  which means it will be waiting for me by the time I go home for Thanksgiving break. The thing is, I still have Mafia 2 and I'll probably have WWE SVR 2011 waiting for me as well. I won't know what game to play for the 3-4 days days that I'll be there!! My aunt is aware of the collector's edition, so I told her if she wanted to be generous, then she can go ahead and purchase me the 360 version. :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »
I really enjoy the multiplayer in Brotherhood. Lots of interesting scenarios, and it seems pretty balanced so far. Those ones getting themselves killed easily have only themselves to blame as they're running around rooftops, making themselves easy to track. My favourite moment so far was on the team based assassination mode, playing as a pursurer. I had blended in with a crowd with another nobleman type, so any pursurers I had were going to be thrown off on who to target initially. Well I had 3 pursurers on me at the time, and I actually saw 3 of the same doctor type approach me and getting closer. One of them had made the mistake of going high profile so I knew they were coming. So I bidded my time, waiting until they all got close enough, and I deployed the smoke bomb, stunning all 3 of them and enabling me to escape. Racked up the points for the team as a result. Very interesting game of cat and mouse, it demands a methodical play style in order to rack up the points, but it's how I would play the game anyway. Aerial kills on a suspect who'd never seen you until that final moment? So satisfying.

Not to say it's perfect though. The lobby/matchmaking system could stand to be a whole lot quicker. And it's very easy to see your target kill someone, walk up to them when the animation is done and then kill them, only to find that my pursurer has done the same thing and waited for my assasination animation to finish and killed me with nothing for me to do about it. It's like this big assassination daisy chain :nervous But the positives outweigh the negatives right now, glad to say that my expectations and initial doubts have been wiped away.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »
^ I know multiplayer is the big feature of AC Brotherhood, but I never actually cared for it, until I read your post.  Now multiplayer seems fun and exciting. :lol: It makes me want to try it now. I'll wait until my brother purchases a 1 month live card.

I was also strong about finishing the story before trying the multiplayer.  I've beaten that, so I guess all I have left is multiplayer.

Assassin recruit contracts gets repetitive. All of my recruits at the assassin rank. I'm working on completing shop quests (about 2) but none of my recruits are bringing back the items that I need. I've found all the treasures, and still haven't come across what I need. Technically I have, but I'm short a few items.

I had fun completing the assassination contracts. My favorite one: killing a big number of guards that stood on a bridge. To get full synchronization, I had to kill them in under 15 seconds. I walked up to the group without them detecting me, threw a smoke bomb,  called up two recruits, and then did my thing- with the double blade. After the smoke cleared, a bunch of soldiers, in heavy armor, lay dead on the stone bridge.

My second favorite:  I had to kill a noble man who walked back and forth between a pathway with an arch (if that makes sense, hehe). Two guards stood at the front of the archway. As I was hiding in a nearby haystack, I called two recruits.  They threw smoke bombs. Luckily, the noble man was in the area, so he got caught in it. My recruits killed the guards (with hidden blades) while the smoke was still in the air.  I got out, approached quickly as the noble man was still coughing. I drew out the crossbow, (my new favorite weapon) slowly aimed, as he's still coughing, and shot him right in the chest. I got out of there quickly.  The noble laid dead with the guards in front of him. As I hid in another spot, a third guard appeared to find the bodies. This game really brings out the emotions in me. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »
^ Nice one mode! If you ever get it, maybe you and I can hit up a few games and stab each other in the face XD Also, I was introduced to the Animus Challenges last night, and tried out the first one they force on you, the Short Kill Streak, and there's a really neat feature that tells you how you compare against your friends, giving that little incentive to do better than just a Silver or Gold medal. I think you were sitting on 198 points, and after trying I managed to equal that myself. I will beat you though mode! In every mission no less, mark my words, you better watch your back! XD

I'm just in complete awe at single player at the moment. I haven't even got round to the setting up the Assassins Guild yet only got as far as killing the executioner on the farm., but the new content they offer you already is just crazy. Love the idea of an optional objective. Any game that offers that kind of stuff, I immediately tend to jump on, as it provides that extra level of challenge, and if there's an inticing reward for it, then all the better. The Animus Challenges are already going to be a huge time sink for me I can tell. Once again, challenge modes I am all over, and if you attach achievements or leaderboard support in them then I will become attached to it without a doubt. Once again, the setting and the environment looks wonderful and I notice that the facial animation is much better than in AC2. A minor thing yes, but it is greatly appreciated none the less. It took me the best part of a year to ring all the life I could get out of AC2. With all this new single player stuff and multiplayer, I can see it going much further than that.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - Paisley Galaxy