JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Angel Song -Eve no Kane-

Author Topic: [TV] Rizzoli & Isles  (Read 2373 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] Rizzoli & Isles
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:18:38 AM »

Rizzoli & Isles is a TNT television series starring Angie Harmon as police detective Jane Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander as medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles. The one-hour drama is based on the Rizzoli/Isles series of novels by Tess Gerritsen. It premiered on July 12, 2010.

The series was renewed for a second season on July 30, after having aired three episodes. TNT has ordered a 13-episode second season, which is expected to premiere in 2011.

The series' backstory is inspired by The Surgeon. Boston detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) was investigating a serial killer named Warren Hoyt (Michael Massee) some time before the series began. Hoyt, who was banned from medical school for fondling a corpse, used his vast medical knowledge to systematically torture and kill vulnerable women. Eventually, he captures Rizzoli and pins her to the floor with scalpels. As he prepares to cut Rizzoli's throat, her partner, Vince Korsak (Bruce McGill), shoots Hoyt and saves Rizzoli's life.

The series pilot, "See One, Do One, Teach One", is largely based on The Apprentice. Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) investigate a killer with Hoyt's modus operandi, plus an interest in necrophilia. Rizzoli and Isles discover that the copycat was a soldier that met Hoyt in medical school, had his identity erased for CIA black operations, and mimicked Hoyt's MO in a killing spree during said operations. Meanwhile, Hoyt escapes from prison and rejoins his apprentice. They capture Rizzoli and attempt to kill her, but she manages to disarm them by tasing them and impaling Hoyt in the eye with a flare. She shoots the apprentice to death and, when Hoyt reaches for his scalpel, shoots him through the hands, giving him injuries similar to the ones he gave her.

Angie Harmond stars as Jane Rizzoli

Sasha Alexander stars as Dr. Maura Isles

Other Cast Members:
Lorraine Bracco as Angela Rizzoli
Bruce McGill as Vince Korsak
Lee Thompson Young as Barry Frost
Jordan Bridges as Frank "Frankie" Rizzoli, Jr.
Billy Burke as Gabriel Dean
Chazz Palminteri as Frank Rizzoli, Sr.

Wiki Page
Angie Harmon Wiki Page
Sasha Alexander Wiki Page
Rizzoli & Isles Official Site

"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Rizzoli & Isles
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 05:11:27 AM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »
one of may favorite new shows. Have been going to Itunes once in a while to try and get the theame song.
Life is one time.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 02:33:14 PM »
This show is on my must see list for a while now, but I have to finish some current runs of other shows first to have time for this.
Maybe I even get lucky and in the meantime it will be shown on tv in my country, but I have my doubts.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Angel Song -Eve no Kane-