JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Koyanagi Yuki - be alive

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 483190 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #940 on: April 22, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »
^With GKnot, you can select what to have installed, you don't have to install everything that cames with it, with the exception of installing either the Xvid or Divx that comes with it, or both the codecs.

I've had Gknot before, and its never done to me what its done to you with your VDub settings.
Curious about something, though, which 4 vobs are you trying to merge/encode?
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #941 on: April 22, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
Hehe Sukeban Deka ^_^, and following ebc's guide I benefitted from getting all four vobs to 'merge' before encoding but now I just manually using Vdub to extract the audio files and using Audacity to merge those... But yeah I will probably uninstall Gnot + all the codecs and start 'anew' afterward, and maybe you could help me with the VdUb settings =X
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #942 on: April 22, 2007, 10:45:28 PM »
^I'm guessing you dled the iso for that one from the H!O tracker.
I just re-installed trillian, so you can get me on there, and I'll see what help I can give you with your settings.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #943 on: April 22, 2007, 10:53:16 PM »
Hmm what is your ScreenName for either MSN/AIM as I tried adding your MSN but it won't add ><, my info is on my profile so yeah.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #944 on: April 23, 2007, 10:17:32 AM »
For DVD backup (e.g. conversion to xvid) I highly recommend DGIndex/DGDecode + Avisynth (+ VDub[Mod]). DGIndex is the tool to correctly decode and demux MPEG2/VOB.

Doom9 has the guides:
- DGIndex: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dgindex.htm
- DGDecode + Avisynth: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dgindex-frameserving.htm

More guides + info are linked from those pages.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #945 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:11 AM »
@SacredCultivator,
I followed the setting from this guide (actually, I followed the whole guide for my rips), and everything works out sweet.  O0
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:15:01 AM by Guchi_Jnr »

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #946 on: April 23, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »
Hmmm I had L-San guide me through and so I did it overnight and when the results came.. 1.17GB and the quality was lost a LOT and the audio was out of sync.. But note when I loaded the script into let's say MPC to preview it came out right.. along with when previewing in VDubMod it played right... If anyone has the .iso please let me know so I can send you my script + .d2v and you can just change the things around. And check if anything went wrong...

EDIT: Tried the Guides provided and that one failed as well out of sync yet again...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:56:11 PM by SacredCultivator »

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #947 on: April 26, 2007, 08:38:27 AM »
Is anyone else having trouble downloading from filedump?

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »
Is anyone else having trouble downloading from filedump?

Yes, huggums, me too!  It's also been getting worse over the last few days...  I couldn't use DAP so I switched to Download Express, but now that won't work either.  It's only filedump - gocchin etc are fine.  I think it's that old 'referrer' problem again...  I've posted a request for it to be explained here as well.

i think we need a new sticky/thread for the whole referrer problem... it keeps popping up in this thread all the time

I know this was a while back, but - YES PLEASE!!  I posted a request about this in ebc's thread about how to download as well, before I found this query.

Please don't tell me to go use flashget / flashgot, cos I can't make that work either.  Surely we should be able to operate with popular download managers like DAP and Download Express...   I know we want to protect against leeching from outside the forum, but if we make things so hard for legitimate members, is that good?

Sorry to sound a bit crappy...  I really do appreciate all the work of the mods and the uploaders too, I'm just feeling a bit frustrated by things that change and seem to make us worse off than we were before.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:31:01 AM by sayumi_fan »

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
hmmm I am not sure what happened but whenever I do an encode and it is nearing 100% I get this:

This occurs on anything I am trying to encode with MeGUI.

So not too sure if anyone knows what might be the problem... thanks.

PS: Also I can't seem to update my MeGUI to the latest CORE version... I update it and restart and well it is the same version again...

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #950 on: April 26, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
^Did you look at the log to see what it might tell you?
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #951 on: April 26, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
Log:

Log for job job1

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert 2002-2003

Trying to retrieve width and height from input header
Input colorspace is YV12
xvidcore build version: xvid-1.2.0-dev
Bitstream version: 1.2.-127
Detected CPU flags: ASM MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 3DNOW 3DNOWEXT TSC
Detected 1 cpus, using 1 threads.

Tot: enctime(ms) =1321395.00,               length(bytes) = 143152740
Avg: enctime(ms) = 194.92, fps =   5.13, length(bytes) =   21117
I frames:    567 frames, size =   42936/24344822, quants =  3 / 3.00 /  3
P frames:   1495 frames, size =   24345/36396592, quants =  3 / 3.00 /  3
B frames:   2889 frames, size =    9251/26727005, quants =  5 / 5.00 /  5
S frames:   1825 frames, size =   30511/55684321, quants =  3 / 3.00 /  3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs

EDIT: Yesterday I was able to do encodes without any problems and I don't recall making any changes in terms of to the program settings/files only thing changed = scripts which all contain the same information just different file location.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:07:18 PM by SacredCultivator »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #952 on: April 26, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
^That error you got with megui is one I've never gotten with it, and megui is the only encoder I use.
I don't encode with xvid, though, only H.264.

Don't know what your source material is, but have tried to encode anything else since getting this error message?
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #953 on: April 26, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »
Yup and same error, having someone help me right now so I shall report back if it works/ or not.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #954 on: April 26, 2007, 09:53:37 PM »
That's a memory error.

I think you might have a messed up memory address in one of your sticks of memory

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #955 on: April 26, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »
Hmm not too sure if that might be it.. as I can still encode via VDubMod =X

Nvm.. Find out the reason... It is due to it being a .avi, as .vob scrips work.
Example:
AVIFileSource("D:\Music Videos\Other\Maki Goto - Some Boys Touch.avi")
That is what I have for .AVI's (Made with AVSEdit)

So not too sure what to change it to, to allow me to process the .avi
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:01:59 AM by SacredCultivator »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #956 on: April 27, 2007, 01:46:22 AM »
I'm not really sure how the memory works, but I occasionally get an error like that, and I've confirmed that I do have some corrupt memory addresses in my memory. It doesn't prevent me from using my computer or using any programs, but it does show up every once in a while.

Have you gotten that same error before?

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #957 on: April 27, 2007, 02:22:40 AM »
found out prblem but yeah need to fix this one now. as it had to do with the script coding used.

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #958 on: April 27, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »
hiya guys, for a while now everytime i open a file on mpc, my 'wave volume' would go down automatically.  im not entirely sure why this is happening and its becoming quite annoying.  does anyone know why this might be happening?
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #959 on: April 27, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »
hiya guys, for a while now everytime i open a file on mpc, my 'wave volume' would go down automatically.  im not entirely sure why this is happening and its becoming quite annoying.  does anyone know why this might be happening?
That used to happen to me.  I had "Real Alternative" which is some sort of addon to mpc to play realmedia files.  I got rid of Real Alternative and it stopped doing it.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Koyanagi Yuki - be alive