JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Song of Hasuike

Author Topic: (Group) KARA (카라)  (Read 737358 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: KARA General Discussion Thread
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2010, 01:24:34 AM »
Watching this always warms me up

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »
^ I love that clip!
For some reason, more than anyone else, I really get all fuzzy inside when Sunny is close to another girl idol :heart:

So I was looking around and couldn't find any scans of the Karadise calender (besides on the Thai forum I can't get on). I'm sure there HAS to be somewhere on karaholic but as I didn't see any in my very quick search and did some scans on my old LQ scanner. So if anyone who hasn't got/seen the calender wants to know what the pics are like, here are some crappy LQ scans for you :P

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »
There is a Secret in Kara Bakery!?  :w00t:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »
^ In that last picture, I thought I saw two SeungYeons for a couple of seconds there :O

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »
Jung Joori is a freaking legend, but this one is mostly for HBIC Gyuri.  :wub:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2010, 04:20:32 AM »
Certainly feels like a Japanese showcase when you get such typical Japanese goodies XD

http://www.e-fanclub.com/dsp/kara.asp

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2010, 06:53:32 AM »
Kara digs the Oh!

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »

Stole this from someone. Hope he won't feed me to the batcats now

Nicole looking awesome like ever  :cow:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:33:41 PM by xerony »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
Nicole BOOBS!!! :drool:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »
Hope he won't feed me to the batcats now
They need food too, man... might as well be you.

:lick:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2010, 12:19:45 AM »

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2010, 12:39:13 AM »
Nicole BOOBS!!! :drool:

I know, when did she get those!? :? I don't feel proud knowing that those were the first things to catch my attention. Upon closer inspection though, I think I prefer her usual style. The laid back janx. Not really digging the crimpish-looking hair. Fell in love with the straighter style.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
^ I hate it when most of the mics aren't working properly. I could barely hear them! And what's with the camera being in the wrong place when the butt dance part comes on!

EDIT: Nvm about the mics, this seems to be a recurrent theme in Korean lives. Why can I almost never hear them actually singing? Wtf?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:58:36 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
WOW go KARA :heart: Can't think of another group that would go to a fan meet up like that, smart thinking by DSP I'm sure ;)
Sweet KARA :wub: I rate WG very high when it comes to being close to the fans, but i don't even think they would do that!

Legend of Kara in Japan

In my history of blogging, this is the day where I've had the hardest time deciding what to write about.

I wrote this in an earlier post but, today I attended DJ Miyu's event, "Kara's Beforehand Night Festival."

This is the first time I've attended an event with fellow fans, so to be honest I was half interested and half worried.

I entered the place at 8 PM. A KARA song was playing, and inside there were many people with drink in hand having fun.

I heard the press was covering the event as well, so I hid myself amongst the crowd and enjoyed myself.

I also met up with oolt and xcorp (fellow KARA bloggers).

This is no more than an account of my attendance of a fan-organized event but... Why did I title this "Legend of Kara in Japan?" Did a legend actually occur?

At around 9 PM, just as the event had calmed down a bit, I heard a "kyaaaa" scream from a fangirl, and as I reacted and looked towards the direction of the scream, my legend began.

Unmistakenly, in front of my very eyes, it was the goddess Park Gyuri!

Everyone paused for a second and then a huge roar of joy erupted. I don't know what exactly happened at that moment but before I knew it, Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole, and Jiyoung were all present at the "Kara beforehand night festival."

I couldn't believe that a fan-organized event for fans was actually attended by KARA themselves! But they did! They all stood at the front, the DJ put on "Honey", and all the KARA members sang it. You must call this a legend.

However, after "Honey" ended, each KARA member gave a greeting in Japanese. In line, it was Seungyeon->Hara->Gyuri -> Jiyoung. I really can't say anything except that I'm lucky I was able to witness this scene.

At the end, Gyuri said "Let's meet the day after tomorrow" and "have a good night" with a smile, before leaving the premise. I don't know exactly how they came to the meeting place but, I'm thankful to the KARA who were tired after coming from Korea, to DSP, and to whoever gave me the luck to meet KARA. Thank you very much.

Today was the start of Kara's legend in Japan. The next step will be at KARA's showcase. I'll be doing my best to cheer them on as a fan, so I hope you all do as well.

Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/kara_gyulee/
tip: withkara
Translated by Wewtf @ Karaholic.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the same event, blogged by different person

Woww this can only be called a miracle. I don't remember much but I don't know where to start! As I wrote yesterday, I attended "Kara's beforehand night festival." I arrived at 7:40 PM. I met xcorp there and we hung out. There were about 30 people with 80-90% being guys. I also met Perfume, Saori, ad Aira. DJ matekoi cosplayed as Gyuri and sometimes danced around. Next, DJ miyu played SNSD's Oh! and Show3. Sometimes KARA's song would play and everybody would chant. Before I knew it, moteci (fellow blogger) ended up doing some DJing. Starting with Heartbeat, then Abracadabra, not your girl, haru haru, sorry sorry, bo peep bo peep and TTL2. The excitement started to rise.

Then as DIVA's "Di-Di-Di-Diva!" was playing, i heard a Kyaa! behind me. In this place with a capacity for less than 100 people, KARA was walking through the center. Seriously?!

THis was unmistakenly KARA. The real KARA! I met them for the first time!

I don't really remember what was going on in front of my eyes, but KARA stood in front of the screen and it became sort of a stage. KARA was 1 meter away from the cameras. The KARA that I always saw on the TV, was within my arm's reach. I was nothing but moved. Starting from the left, Seungyeon Hara, Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung. They sang Honey once and everyone in the audience changed along. Jiyoung held up her index fingers and moved both hands up and down like she usualy does. GUWAAA it was the real Jiyoung! She was so close!

Their makeup was light, and they seemed to give off a different impression than usually. They were shorter than I thought (even Jiyoung). They were really really cute! Jiyoung wore a cap, Nicole wore a hoody, I don't remember anything beyond that!

Everyone had wild enthusiasm, they were surprised, confused, but excited! Hara was the best responder to everyone's enthusiasm. Hara's bravery is amazing.

After the song ended, KARA's staff said "please step back a bit." Everyone was really well-mannered and took a step back. the people in the front even crouched down so the people in the back could see. Then, starting with Seungyeon, they gave greetings in Japanese in turn.

Seungyeon is probably the best at Japanese. I don't remember what she said but, she had the rhythymn that you would use with your friends. Her intonation was like that of a little kid's, it was very cute. Hara said "I'm Hara... Hara uh..." and then somebody shouted out "Hara Goo!" Hara said "Ah!" in response. No fair! I was about to say it too! Hara said "I was happy to meet you", and then Seungyeoun whispered in her ear, then Hara corrected herself and said "I'm happy to meet you.

Gyuri was as she always was, Nicole said one word, and Jiyoung said something in the same manner when she counted 1, 2, 3 on the radio interview. I thought, this really is Jiyoung. After everybody's self-introdution ended, Gyuri tried to say something like "let's meet on Sunday" I think... but I guess she wasn't able to so everyone started saying "Sunday!" I think Nicole and Jiyoung made eye contact and whispered something like "Morra Morra" (I dunnoㅋㅋㅋ). I may have been imagining things though.

And after that, they left. We can shake hands with them on Sunday, so nobody chased them too far. The tearful, dreamy feeling still continues even now. Today, I was definitely within 1 meter of them. My beloved KARA...

After KARA left, the excitement skyrocketed and everyone sang Rock Your Bddy!

It seems not even the organizers, DJ miyu and matekoi knew that KARA was coming. I was surprised that miyu and matekoi were told just before by some press person that KARA was coming. Because they are Korea's top idols... I still haven't fully taken in the event. No matter how many times I try to remember it's all fluffy fluffy. They are busy with their Japan schedule and training, yet they still came! Thank you! I was really really happy. It will be a memory I keep for the rest of my life. I will treasure it.

Thank you to DJ miyu and DJ matekoi, and the rest of the staff. I'm sorry for being unable to shout as my throat choked up whenever I tried. But thank you very much. Also thanks to those who said they always read my blog (*´ー`)

So, I was told it was okay to write about this so I wrote this report! So, I'm sorry for being late to answer all your comments, I'll answer them now!

Source: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/oolt/
tip: mae
Translated by Wewtf @ Karaholic.com

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2010, 06:03:43 PM »
^ Wow, I'm not like those two bloggers. There just aren't words in my vocabulary to express my feelings concerning the magnitude of their devotion to their fans. Way to reel in more love, girls!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
"the people in the front even crouched down so the people in the back could see."
Wow that is actually pretty considerate. I don't think I've ever seen people act this nicely at any concert/festival/event lol

And yeah it was pretty dang nice of Kara to do that ^__________^
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2010, 03:22:35 AM »
Hara said "I'm Hara... Hara uh..." and then somebody shouted out "Hara Goo!" Hara said "Ah!" in response. No fair! I was about to say it too! Hara said "I was happy to meet you", and then Seungyeoun whispered in her ear, then Hara corrected herself and said "I'm happy to meet you.

That does sound like something Hara would do  XD

Going to a fan event, walking down the center of the audience, speaking some Japanese to the crowd. That sounds pretty cool and good for Kara to do

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2010, 05:54:39 AM »
Gyuri and ... IU? Cool.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2010, 05:32:25 AM »
Haruku brought gifts  :D

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2010, 01:35:17 AM »
Teasers for their next album?

Gyul's hair :cry: (although it doesn't look as bad as last time, at least in these shots)
Hara's hair looks freaking epic for this OMGASS! :bow: & Nicole is so mysterious with her usual sexy hair covering one eye coupled with all the black, you can hardly see her! :heart:
EDIT: OMG  now i know what Nicole looks like, VAMPIRE!!! :drool:

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Song of Hasuike