JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Boukan

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305626 times)

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:26 AM »
TakaMiki is one of my fav couples! It just seems right but just a tiny bit wrong! Kinda like Charmikitty!

ROFL! Couldn't have said it better! I found that so funny... I'm gonna post that in my siggy XD
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »
Hmm... My favorite pairings and relationships...

My favorite relationships would have to be the Master/Servant sort, where the servant is loyal and will do anything to please her master xD...

My second favorite is when there's an immature, tsundere sort of character paired with a mature one. It's one of the reasons I like Reina x Aichan and Reina x Maki a lot. Reina can be complaining or denying something and Aichan/Maki would have this small smile and lean down to look at her and say "Is that so?" with Reina being all "Of course! >///>..." xDD That feeling... I really like reading about it in stories xD. I swear, ever since I read Loveless with Soubi and Ritsuka's chemistry... xD

Anywho, other pairings that have similar chemistry would be GAM, Aichan x Miki, Eri x Miki, etc xDDD

There's my 5yen in pairings~ XD

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:48 AM »
^
^
Now I feel special! Thanks, poets! Glad I can be funny online, as well as in real life.

^
Whoa, sounds kinda dirty... XD
But I get what you're saying. I like it too!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2008, 02:14:18 AM »
7th Gen Writers: (j/k)

A few months ago I did some translations for ScriptFrenzy and realized that their pointers, despite being all about scripts, could actually help any (struggling) author out there... :yep:

Go check them at their site, if you're interested. They're under Writer's Resources. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:17:44 AM by Amarghetta »

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 02:27:21 AM »
^Thanx for the link ^_^, I acutally needed  some pointers in Script writing for a class...so this HELPS me alot!

Hmm... My favorite pairings and relationships...

My favorite relationships would have to be the Master/Servant sort, where the servant is loyal and will do anything to please her master xD...
Fierce! Now THAT says alot about you :lol:

My second favorite is when there's an immature, tsundere sort of character paired with a mature one. It's one of the reasons

Totally agree! Those are SUPER SUPER cute!

Even though I'm more of an oppisites attract type of gal  :oops:

Now I feel special! Thanks, poets! Glad I can be funny online, as well as in real life.

Funny is funny and that was funny... at least to me, because I can related to it XD!

Rika <3 So funneh

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 03:54:35 AM »
And there's a bit of Takagaki for you, lollipopgirl! :heart:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanted that to be a surprise for her  :lol: ... though I like the Takagakiness... I like the implied TakaMiki  :heart:

My bad. :( But I figured if she heard that, it would make her wanna read it more! Yeah, I think TakaMiki is one of my fav couples! It just seems right but just a tiny bit wrong! Kinda like Charmikitty!

:lol: You're right, I have heard that... That's why it's so high on my list of what to read... Man, I think I'm becoming obsessed... I'll try and get into Reina/Ai more just get over my TakaGaki obsession XD

And what Yuu said about innocent/mature pairing, SPOT ON! It's exactly why I love Reina/Maki... That reminds me, I wonder if goosefish is back from holidaying yet, hmmm.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »
Ah, the great pairings debate. XD

Logically speaking, it's theoretically possible to pair anyone together. XD It just takes skill to create a scenario that makes the development believable and not requiring the audience to have to enter a state of suspension of disbelief. XDDD

Personally, since I'm such a fervent fan of Aichan, all I really need or want to see is a detailed or at least, decent portrayal of her. XD I don't mind reading anything that has her in one of the pairings, as long as it's done well. And by done well...let's just say I'm not a big fan of the whole "omg I love you let's have sex!" way of doing things. >_> XDDD Which is why I generally am not too enthused about the perv section except for a few gems there. XD

Favored pairings though...well, TakaGaki is good for fluff. Most of my early Sandbox entries were TakaGaki, because I felt like writing cutesy stories and so, there they were! Lol. Then I moved on to ReinAi, because Saikami asked for a ReinAi fic for her birthday and I did it...and discovered that hey, the dynamic is fun! XD Besides, Reina is my second favorite member so that helps. Lol.

Other pairings that I like that doesn't involve Ai would be Ishiyoshi and GAM. I'm pretty flexible about pairing possibilities, although I tend to favor those where I can feel the strong bonds of friendship underlying it.

I also like pairings where a certain amount of mutual teasing is involved. Verbal sparring is always entertaining, and I enjoy both reading and writing it.

Basically what I like to see in a relationship is trust, be it already established or still in the budding stages. Lust is never enough on its own. It can be a good starting point (or bad, depending on how you look at it), but I generally prefer that there be more depth in a relationship.

I think I'm rambling on for too long. XD But that's how I see pairings. And by pairings, I don't necessarily always mean romantic! I like me a good rivalry, or just best friends as well. There are always so many options to pick from. Yup. ^_^

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline High-King

• fanfic lurker...
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
hello! is there a good fic with risa and eri someone would reccommend?

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
^
Welcome to the Fanfic section! XD
Umm, I'd say KonaKaga has a few good Gakikame stories.
Hope this helps.

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
^
^
In reference to the GakiKame story, yeah I'd go Konakaga... can't think of another author that wrote a GakiKame story, if i remember i'll post.

In reference to Good, that depends solely on your opinion
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:10:25 AM by poets »
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2008, 03:09:48 AM »
@High-King: I'd recommend 3 Months

and also this topic http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=16129.0

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2008, 03:11:54 AM »
@High-King: I'd recommend 3 Months

and also this topic http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=16129.0

LMAO LMAO LMAO... okay someone slap me... i forgot my OWN story.

Damn I'm pathetic  :lol:
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2008, 03:13:50 AM »
lol not pathetic at all, now use those lovely writing powers of yours and produce a new story called 6 Months =D

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »
I just remembered... :lol: There's some GakiKame in my A Young Girl's Odyssey... though it doesn't come in until mmm.. halfway through or so? And it's not like the main focus or anything. :lol: Not read Konakaga's stuff, but that's probably a better bet.

:lol: I was kind of like poets in not remembering about it... I was like "I swear I wrote about GakiKame somewhere... seems so familiar..." lol.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2008, 03:23:06 AM »
lol not pathetic at all, now use those lovely writing powers of yours and produce a new story called 6 Months =D
Or 9 months :twisted:

But Poets, yes I really really want more Miki/Gaki... but I think u knew that already :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »
Or 9 months :twisted:
But Poets, yes I really really want more Miki/Gaki... but I think u knew that already :P

:lol: I like the way you think!
I want more GakiMiki (FujiGaki?) too! :D

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2008, 03:48:06 AM »
^ Oh oh oh, i just remembered, we will get more of it :D
3 months isn't finished yet AND we an alternate ending :w00t:

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2008, 04:00:32 AM »
^ thank God someone remembered  :oops:, for a moment I thought everyone believed it was done and if that's the case... then it has a sucky ending XD... but yeah i still have those two things waiting.

I'd answer to Sukoshi and strawb3rrykream but... this isn't the thread to my story, I'd feel I was doing something bad ^^; ... but when I update I will be quoting you guys... two of you made suggestions that shocked me  :shocked: (for very different reasons XD)

:lol: I was kind of like poets in not remembering about it... I was like "I swear I wrote about GakiKame somewhere... seems so familiar..." lol.

Iknorite! I think it's because our brain is searching for stories we read rather than stories we wrote. Input never knows what output does  :-X
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »
I better stop lurking....  :P

First of all I wanna thank all the authors and the readers. You guys have done a great job making this forum one of the most active sub-forums of JPH!P. Personally I don't read fanfics (cause I'm lazy an' shit) but I still respect your hustle a lot. 20 000 posts & 300 threads is one helluva achievement. GJ!

There is one thing about this forum that never ceases to amaze me. I have been scratching my head wondering how the hell did this place become so popular. To be honest we have been neglecting this part of the forum and we have never advertised it anywhere. For instance I have never even seen most of y'all because I really rarely visit this section. So I wanna give huge props to everyone who has been spreading the word and pimpin' this place. We have the best street team ever!

You guys probably don't know this but a couple of years ago we actually considered killing the Fanfic-forum because it was inactive. For some reason (I don't even remember why) we decided to give it another chance and it seems like we made the right decision XD

By the way, if you have any ideas how to make this forum even better, let us know :)

Ps. we have a cool contest coming up soon.....

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »
hi Masa... nice to see you've graced this forum adnd thread with your presence...

thanks for that unexplinable choice of the admin to keep the sub forum going...

:w00t: a contest? suggoi!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Boukan