JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Peach

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305116 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39:06 AM »
^ How much for that puppy in the window Truth?  :D

Whenever I get writer's block, I just pull out stuff that happened to me in real life. Then the make believe happens....course I end up ripping off movie plots.

And that's right poets. Run. RUN TO THE HILLS AND VOTE!!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=16476.0

Comments welcome :P

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2008, 08:14:28 AM »
^ the puppy costs one Yossui and two Rikas ...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i also get material from stuff that happen to me and then work around it thinking 'how would ***(whoever character) react to this?' ... and then write...

and i have casted my vote!!! may the best june fic win!!!!

Offline slasha

• Member+
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
I cast my vote about a hour ago.Some good fics got nominated.May the best on win.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
I voted already :P May the best win!

About the comment-thing, I guess everyone wants to read comments on their own work, right? So stop lurking around and comment!  :) :lol: It's not really that hard to comment really (though I admit I do get lazy sometimes but I always slap myself for reading but not commenting real hard :P )

As for writer's block, yeah I do get it especially when I open a new document and decide that I should write. I will think, "How should I start? blah blah" Yeah, it's the starting problem..

Me too! I tend to use things from real life experiences and all. (Darn, Cinderella Complex is playing in my head..where's my prince charming? *look at Rika* *turn back before tru kills me* :P 

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »
*sees tito look at rika* ... ~hey~...

know what? i had Cinderella Complex on repeat mode today... I've been listening to it over and over the whole time!!!! talk about psychic connection...

anyway... rika can be a prince too... but... she can be MY prince... :lol: ... but yossui fits the profile of a prince better...

i won't kill you for looking at rika like that... that only affirms her hotness and prince-ness... but i prefer her as a princess...

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
Hmm..Oh well, now I choose Ai-chan! :wub: *Listens to Cinderella Complex for the 6th time today and god knows how many times it has played in my head* Hmm..psychic connection..it's kool! :D Or maybe it is because of music fighter :grin: Music shows do advertise :)

Whatever I do, you won't kill me, right? Right? :yep:

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »
... i don't think I'll ever find enough reason to kill you, tito...  :yep: don't worry about it... 

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:25 PM »
refusing to read stuff from Yuuyamy, Loser87 and whatever other writer who has unfinished stuff I am waiting on..  cause it's really annoying when you get to read something and really like it and like halfway through it or three quarters of the way in or something, getting a message saying "Temporary hiatus" which really means "I'm too lazy to finish, and something better came along so I'm gonna let you stew for a few years before finally shooting down your remaining hopes with a 'oops, forgot to mention, I changed my mind, never finishing... at least, not while you live "  or a "oh I forgot about this.. sorry loyal readers who have forgotten about this story untill they get a new reply to an old post saying so and they remember how much they loved that story and how crushed they were and go to sleep crying that night while they wait for the next update....." XD so I'm not reading Losers' new story. At least until he finishes normal which got me hooked with its originality. And not reading Yuuyummy stuff no matter how yummy untill I see the end (and middle) of that secret play vampire thingy one..... btw I think I will write that vampire story soon... but I'll stick by my word and wait the other half of the year... so I'll keep myself busy by writing something else.... also, new update soon.... I've been slowly getting back to writing. maybe I should visit the toilet more often, I am writing out of inspiration... or completely shut myself away like I did when I started.... or just remove my msn messenger... that's really how I managed to dish out at least a chapter a week when I first joined up... not to mention the stuff in the other places... so yeah.... I think my friends will be wondering if I fell down some rabbit hole by the end of the hollidays XD
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
o___O....

OCG II isn't on Hiatus... I just have a hard time updating because I'm really pushing myself on writing the next chapter perfectly because of what's going to happen in it.

Same with The Mysterious Play. For that story, it has to be an absolutely perfect chapter conveying what I want to convey before I post it. So this story is much harder to write.

xDDD I'm not like my old first OCG self where I only wrote consistantly just to finish the story for my readers. I'm actually trying to pour my heart and my artistic blood into the chapters I write so that they will be in tip top shape and will hopefully get the feelings of the words come across to the readers. The next chapter of OCG II REALLY demands it of me so I'm trying my best to write it (and my best attempting to finish it soon). As for The Mysterious Play, that story in general is super hard to write in general xDDDD...

And just a random tidbit, but isn't it kinda boring to not read stories? xD... You don't find it fun when an author ends at a cliffhanger and you're pulling your hair out waiting for the next chapter? Then again, you're talking about fics which take forever to update so... o_O... Hmm... xD...

But yeah, none of my fics are on hiatus. I'm just taking forever writing this certain chapter for OCG II xD. Look forward to it~ I think I might finish it by this week or next week~

By the way, is it me, or is the fanfic section currently infactuated with Aichan right now? I see a lot of fics pop up with the ever loveable angsty emo of Morning Musume, so are we suddenly entering an Aichan revolution now? xDDDD

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »
^If it's an Aichan revolution, I STARTED IT! XDDDD

I mean, seriously, my Sandbox was all about her. Everything I write nowadays centers around her like...well...the way she is the center of my universe. XD She's awesome, she's lovable, and she's hot. Best of all, she's intriguing. So obviously I wuv her. <3

And hehe I guess I'm one of those writers who leave unfinished stories *coughlikeAAcough*. Well I can't help it when I run into a giant roadblock stretching out like the Himalayas. Stupid blocks. Then again I also have a life to attend to outside of my computer.

Speaking of that, a quick shout out to anyone waiting for the next chapter of Gegenschein. I've been working at the school's graduation ceremonies the whole week, and will still be on duty until next Tuesday, so I won't have time to write until after it. Right. I'll do draft planning during my breaks, but without a laptop I can't really do any writing on the go. Ah well. Real life can be a pain, but at least I'm getting paid for my time! Lol. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Loser87

« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
so I'm not reading Losers' new story. At least until he finishes normal which got me hooked with its originality.

My gosh!
Do I have to put pictures of my self constantly here?!

Man, that's like the bajillionth person to mistake me for a boy ever since I joined this forsaken forum!
Jebus on a cracker, I think even Yuu-chan assumed I was a guy back then  :tama-mad:

Anyway, My only excuse for putting Normal on Hiatus is because I don't want it to end up like The Art of Stealing a Girl's First Kiss
Or my previous story before it (which I deleted) Punch, Drunk, Love.

P.D.L and Art of were stories I knew had a really good thing going
But because I never planned it and always went on a whim when I wrote the chapters
I ended up losing interest in it very quickly.
I had all sorts of ideas for them but I ended up straying from it and eventually I only wrote the chapters just to finish the story up.
In P.D.L's case, it became so dragged out I just couldn't find an end for it.

Thus, putting Normal on Hiatus.
Because I know for sure as far as my knowledge no one has written H!P in the loony bin.
So I want to plan this story out carefully and not mess up something that could be just plain awesome.

It doesn't mean I completely stopped writing Normal and just went on to a new story.
I'm still writing out Normal and I'm still trying to plan out How I can emphasize the main plot more than the sub-plots that's been flooding the story.
Because I place such a huge cast on it, I put a lot of sub-plots for them but never had a main plot going.
With just sub-plots it'd be more like one-shots on the same theme rather than an actual story with a main story-line.

So, don't get your knickers in a knot because Normal is gonna be completed~

Besides my 'New' story isn't really new, its just a revised version of my very first fic here haha;;
It's my attempt to feel refreshed and get out of that whole dark, emo genre I've been delving into and get some...'fresh air' with some typical mushy, first love type of thing.

Its also my attempt at trying to get the old gen back I suppose
Like a trip down memory lane or whatnot
That and try to de-lurk some people >_>

I've noticed a lot of lurkers here..

Me being one of them during that slump we had here XD

So yeah there's my post here >;P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:16:09 PM by Loser87 »

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »
dunno why I imagined you two as hermits... living in shacks on semi deserted islands on the sea where there is magical internet connection... and psychically connected to eachoter as you are both the same kind of alien ( no offence) and you live on opposite ends of the 1 km radiused isle and you entice sailors to your shores with promises of tales that will make their hearts go doki doki
 and when they land on your shores you trap them and make them wait tens of years for the next update! (see how I'm adding bits from the Odysey.. sort of.. well I was thinking of writing something to do with the odysey but I think it's been done.... I've been lurking in diferent forums lately.. and far from here.. also, I just discovered facebook! And I got a life too! Well actually that was thrust upon me, I didn't want it, but ppl dragged me of my computer chair.. which is actually a kitchen chair... and they took me places...)

anyway back to the story of the two sisters on hiatus island... whose stories are not on hiatus! anyway you guys live deserted on the island. Your only company being the internet and through msn and when you really crave physical contact you hug dolphins and monkeys.. It's actually a really pleasant life, living off coconuts, bananas and other imported stuff you get through coles online XD

you get whatever you need online and if you ever ever need to go to shore, you get on your magic cloud and ride it to the city and stuff. (a bit of dragonball XD) btw the clouds are pink, (kinda like the ones we get here sometimes.. seriously, you have to see a sunset on a summers day in Australia! I was stunned! Its really beautifull! But I still prefer the twilight of Greece... it's really beautifull there.. especially when it's blue but not black, and it's windy but not freezing... actually here the sky gets kinda pinkish at night and twilight, but in Greece its just the most marvelous colour of Sapphire that I ever did see! :3)

You don't have friends other than eachother and are single by choice, you are choosing to be 'spinsters' (im not sure if thats the right word..) and you buoght a Korean baby so as to not be too lonely.

anyway it's getting late.. The above ^ was a summary of what I thought of you guys when I first joined :$ kinda embarassing but yeah.. I was young and impressionable! I didn't know you were real/normal people! For the love of god, I went 12 yrs in school thinking teachers were robots! I only discovered they were human recently! (That's actually a true story.. my teachers were very scary so I assumed they were robots) but yeah, I realise now you live in houses, not cabins and in cities, not little deserted smiles hehe sorry... I just had a creative writing itch..

oh and by you two I mean Estrea and Yuuyamy, not you loser.... I thought you lived on tha streetz... a shifty basketball playing hustler.. a dude.. and a mean one.. but I think you're a girl..... anyway... also, yyou have these weird sweatbands, that are peachy coloured and really old, and you keep them cause they were a present from your ankle, who taught you  how to load the dice!

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »
Look at all the epicness of 3 the writers in a row there... Intimidating much!!!

Reminds me that I really need to finish reading OCG II, I don't even know where I am up to with it now, nor do I know why I stopped reading it... I think something shiny must have distracted me :oops:

I think it's better that all three of you take your time... I like tasting the blood, sweat and tears in you work when I do read it :drool:
None of you three really need to be told that it turns out way better when you don't rush, you all know how great you are :lol:

About Normal being on hiatus: Don't worry Sweeety, if the hiatus for 'The Art of Stealing a Girl's First Kiss' is anything to go by, it won't be an incredibly long wait (just jinxed it) and I'm enjoying the new-old   one plenty now anyway :D

@Loser: I laughed when you got called a 'he' there :P At least I never thought you were a guy ;)
@Estrea: At least you have a real life... They are hard to find nowadays, so don't lose it :)

And everyone, I'm all up for even more Ai-chan fics :w00t:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:47:27 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
Lol @ Loser livin' on tha streetz... since I think it's really kinda true XD except not quite the way you envisioned it, lol.

Yeah, I think you just gotta realize those gals are super serious about their work, and want to just express things the best they can and hopefully improve their own writing in the process. Remember Yuuchan and Essy even posted about a collaboration a year before it was planned to be out, with trailers and all. :lol: That kind of took me off-guard even. I mean, I try to be serious about what I do, but I don't really spend all that much time planning just so and so to make it perfect. I know what I'm doing isn't perfect, but I just hope to learn something more each time in the process.

As you can see by our big bad administrators such as Masa and daigong taking interest in our little forum, this is becoming quite a well-known place, and people like them feel pressured being thought of as the "best" here to really prove that and turn out the most impressive stuff they can for the English-speaking H!P fanfic community. They also I believe have a vast store of personal experiences (emotional, physical or otherwise) to draw from, so they just keep writing.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as there's something cute and entertaining out there I'll be happy... of course I focus mostly on my own writing myself, which I do what I can with, in the hopes that it's a bit interesting for someone. Everyone seems to have their place in our little society here, but especially to those lurkers like Loser mentions... you can't be a part of it if you don't talk. :) The more you do, the more ideas float around, and the more interesting the places as well as each story will become.

Ok enough of my little pep talk or whatever. XD I have to go to the dentist soon... Talk about personal experiences... >_<

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »
^oh look, another epic one appears :)

I finally started Circle of Three the other night, my god that is good and I'm only on to the 2nd page :lol:

I feel kinda sorry for all you writers, all I do is relate you to your fics :P But I guess when you write great stuff like you guys do, its not that bad ;) (all the more reason for me not to write :D )

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
Lol yeah rokun's little post does say a lot about stuff...(and good luck for the dentist, pal XD)

It's also a matter of pride (and perfectionism) for me when I write, because I want to present the best for public scrutiny. No point in producing substandard work, since even if other people might not mind, I do.

Sometimes I tend to start banging my head against the nearest surface (either the wall or my desk) when I reread my old stuff. It's like "what WAS I thinking when I wrote that?!" sometimes. I hate it. Lol. So I always take my time to write because I want to not disappoint myself.

But eh, there are times where I really want to write but can't since I have other responsibilities to see to. Life sucks but I still have to live it. Lol. If I could get away with it I'd write when I pleased, to hell with deadlines and commitments, but money and responsibility does tend to be a problem if I ignore those things. Ah well. XD

Anyway, sleeping now. I gotta wake up in 6 hours for my job...;_;

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
why do I feel like I have nothing in common with these people? :(

Also, I only thought that Loser was a boy for about 2hrs when I first joined. I noticed ppl reffering to her as a girl in some posts so I figured he was a she :3 also I heard talk of a PB... some joint PB with Daisukirika or something so I figured she's definitely a she.  :lol:

And about the representation... yeah I kinda thought Loser was some 50cent like person at first... except more like Eminem and not in a gang... Actually a sleazy Italian mob mem  XD

Also now thinking of those three girls (Loser, Estrea (which I think is a fancy way of saying star XP) and Yuuuuumy) as the girls in black. Three man suit wearing, gun slinging mobsters.. selling crack-fics but when you get hooked you have to wait because the supply is very sporadic  :twisted:

anyway, have fun living your lives.................................. and writing and stuff I guess........... I'm bored... I forgot what I was gonna write! Damn...... oh well have fun girls.... oohh can I call you angels? And you can call me Cha- err wait Im a girl too..... Chrys!  8)  :yep: 

see you guys later...... also I wasn't serious about the hermit thing... or the gangsta thing. I was just joking. And btw, I thought Loser was a boy but only cause of the name. It reminds me of this sweet movie I saw about this guy who was a loser so I thought Loser was a pretty nice person  :D scary and intimidating but nice :) actually not as scary as Yuuumy and not as intimidating as Estrea. In fact if I had to choose one out of three to be stuck in an elevator with it'd be her (see? not him, her!) :) cause she wouldn't be as scary with the lights out :) And she seems nice and easy to talk to.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
*reads about gangstas..and hermits*    :sweat:
*looks at sweeety*
*backs away slowly*

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »
Hahaha, the drama is this thread is better than any story in this forum.  Keep it coming.

It's funny... I guess I also have ideas in my head of how "internet people" are in "real life".  But it's so strange that my assumptions are probably all completely wrong.  And I guess people have images of me, too, and they're probably way off.  :lol:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
hmm what else.......... let's just say daigong looks nothing like I imagined. For starters he isn't a chubby 15yr old schoolboy that gets bullied a lot (as far as I know) neither is he a gun slinging black raincoat wearing never sleeping blue person. (I have a weird imagination but bear with me).

And I am not a vampire, though my friends have called me "THE GRUDGE" many times... like the time my hair fell in front of my face XD and when I snuck up on them and scared them XD lil T jumped back screaming in fear!~ XD It was funny. A great end to the party XD

Anyway. You don't wanna know what I thought OTN1 was like when I first met that person.

Also thought lolipopgirl was a brunette but was mistaken. And btw loli, you're an awesome writer! Don't put yourself down and exclude yourself from "the writers". :) You rock! And I thought you lived in America. And went in a college and were the queen/headd thingy person of a fraternity. Where if people want to join they have to sing "Renai Revolution" in the nude in the middle of the night in a busy street while doing the hand gestures and trying to hug the passers by ;)

and that's just ONE of the challenges :)
 Oh the things I thought about people..... I thought Foxy Brown had a fro, and fought crime in her spare time :)  wearing a yellow, glossy raincoat, kinda like the one that murderer wore in that movie that one time XD . She lives in an apartment in the sleazy part of the city so she can stay close to her contacts and to where teh action's at, but with her new promotion she has moved into the in between part of the city near the suburbs, where it is safer. She comes home to a silver painted apartment (or gold, it's up for debate) and she has a huge super computer gaming system thing that could put my whole house to shame XD. She has a really cool computer chair which is like a wheelchair with a lil remote thing attached so she just has to turn a lil knob to go from point A to point B in her apartment.

In her apartment there is a fuzzy, fluffy red couch with yellow pillows. (IIt's a gold apartment now XD  changed my mind) and she sits there to watch tv in her huge plasma. She loves watching COPS and the comedy channel, especially stand up and funniest home videos. She has a bunk bed, in case her friends wanna stay over.

Her bed is a water bed and she painted the walls in her bedroom blue and has put up super cool dolphin and other fish stickers on them :) and at night, she has a blue lava lamp and leaves it on as a night light cause she's scared of the boogie man.Of course she keeps a big knife under her pillow just in case the boogeyman does come... or the toothfairy. Bitch ain't getting her hands on your grills Fox babe!

She wears leopard prints and her fave movie is Goldmember XD and she likes gold! She looks a lot like Beyonce and she's really good at singing. In fact she sings in a choir at church :) so she's really tight with the man above ^ (no, not OTN1, I meant God). When she busts someone she reads them their rights in a special way...

You are under arrest! Anything you sing or say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to boogey and remain silent and you have the right to be sexy and the rights to an attorney and if you can't afford one, one will be provided to you by the state of delusion. You also have the right to hear the HP music I play in my car, and you have the right to enjoy it. You have the right to like them a lot and you have the righ to become a fan :)

is how it goes ^ That's part of my initial thoughts on Foxy.. oh I also thought she lived alone with her TWENTY SEVEN CATS!!!!!!! TWENTY SEVEN CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Peach