JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Girls Power, Aisuru Power

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 304955 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Fanfics CONTEST WINNER CONGRATS TO lil_hamz!!
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
Just an edit to this post:

CONGRATS TO lil_hamz!!

Please PM daigong your mailing address / email for prize claimification!!!!

I can post even if it's locked cuz I'm gangsta :P

EDIT:

Just to recap

Mad props to Poets for giving up yo prize. lil_hamz is the WINNER!

so send daigong a PM stating T-shirt size, and email and regular address.

heck yeah it was! and i'm trying to update it all but my connections being mean! like guy who wants crack but doesn't have 20 bucks mean!

still stealing wi fi from fat guys? dude, what if he wanted to DL some Food Network stuff? him and his piehole would be so said :P I'm a go ahead and edit some posts. Just to help out cuz I  :heart: ya.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
Congrats!

Oops, I've been out of this place for a few weeks and I've missed so much! I promise to catch up with the stories and continue FYI. Please forgive me, readers and writers, I've another exam coming up pretty soon and this school life is killing meeee. Please forgive me. :)

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Whoa, poets gave up the prize? Anyway, congrats to lil_hamz for winning then. And poets, you're a nice person! :lol: Gotta admire you for that! :wub:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:42:32 AM by strawb3rrykream »

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2008, 12:44:29 AM »
...congrats to both lil_hamz and poets! I say both of them are winners... awesome fics from both of you!!!!

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2008, 02:25:03 AM »
Looks like I missed a party XD, well congrats to lil_hamz and poets I suppose,  even if I don't know exactly what you did!

Nice to see this thread, always had hoped for such a thing but never thought of actually suggesting it. Hoping to (finally) be able to follow a fic from the start because everytime I try I always find myself away from here for a while and can't keep up! Well, time for a bit of a scout out methinks.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2008, 02:52:07 AM »
Almost caught up with everything. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »
^You're incredible, you know. XD I wouldn't have the focus needed to work my way through everything.

...most likely because I just can't be bothered. XDDD; Too many to read.

Still, bravo! *claps for JFC*

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »
Don't clap yet, I may have just reached my limit after spending the last 5 hours working my way through the updates of meowchi's MM VS zombies fic.

I really need to cut down on the massive commenting. It's just draining me like crazy, particularly when authors post up SO many update posts within a short period of time. As a reader, I need a bit of a break now and then, but I can't afford to take one because then the updates will just keep on piling, meaning even MORE posts to read through and comment on at a time.
:mon ghost:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
^i heard you...

... i would be lying if i tell you that it's okay if you don't comment on my fic for awhile because i absolutely love your comments and i usually wait for your comment before writing the next update now... but yeah... maybe you can shorten the comments a bit... you're practically in almost every thread...

thanks for all the effort you've poured into commenting in my fic JFC!

magpahinga ka nga muna... babagalan ko pag-update...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »
^
Hindi mo kailangan gawaiin yan. Okay naman ang "pace" nang mga updates mo.

At least with your fic, even if you do several entries at once, they're usually short enough that I can just go with one or two comments per entry. It's these massive-epic updates that are wearing me out (i.e. the ones where I feel the stupid need to comment on something every 30 seconds as I read).  It's part of the curse of having such skilled writers all here, not to mention just having so MANY active writers here. This section of JPH!P has really taken off in terms of activity within the last 6 months or so.  If we were to go back a year, I'd say that we've increased our activity in this section (in terms of active writers and the rates at which they update their fics) by at least 2 or 3 times.

So yeah, we've got a lot more writers than we used to, and they're updating a LOT more frequently than we used to see. Combine that with my being a "story freak" (which causes me to read almost everything here) and my need to find out what happens in these stories...and yeah, I'm just wearing myself out.  :P

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
^ I have to say, I've always admired your staying power JFC...obviously people love seeing comments for their stuff and especially when they're as in depth as yours tend to be...but I don't think anyone could be especially annoyed if you did decide just to slow things down a bit. Like I said myself I'm hoping a couple of people can psot some new fics so I can get things from the beginning because trying to catch up with updates from everyone would be damn near impossible for me.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »
Hah, JFC, you should win an award for your commenting.  You make it look like you put more effort into reading than writers put into writing. :lol:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
I'm not even caught up yet :sweatdrop:
sooo many new ones... which I love and usually read but totally suck at commenting on :oops:
To all the newer writers, I'm sorry, I read them and just wanna pinch all ur little cheeks and pet your little heads but I'm forgetful and easily distrac... oh look something SHINY!!! :D :oops:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »
Reading this makes me feel not so bad about not giving my fics a bit of a break. :lol: I've been hiking the past couple days, and tore my feet up, and my muscles are sore so it's fun just walking... lol. ...Not that that has anything to do with not writing. :oops: That's due mainly to the extreme need to review/study Japanese since I'll be going there in less than two weeks... Well, that and the Olympics, which has taken up way too much of my time as well! XD It's just a busy time I guess, huh... Maybe I'll get some writing done once settled in at Japan and not as crazy about going out and exploring as much. XD We'll see if that happens... Also I was mad at myself for somehow not having current copies of my fics on my laptop I'm using out here. XD (I'm in California now... actually at Yosemite atm where I've been doing the hiking...) So that even had to wait perhaps until I got back online, which... mmm... seems to be today! XD

Anyway, you take it easy JFC! And for all you writing new fics... Well, I probably won't read most of them. XD But I'll try to comment at the ones I do and like... I'll probably mostly read the traditional ones... (though Loser's new one scares me... :ph43r:)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »
Hah, JFC, you should win an award for your commenting.  You make it look like you put more effort into reading than writers put into writing. :lol:
:rofl:

Reading this makes me feel not so bad about not giving my fics a bit of a break. :lol:
Dude, I love your current fic and all, but you have no idea how grateful I am that you didn't update it while I was gone on my mini-holiday the weekend before last. XD

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »
well on the subject of commenting, I agree with Tru

JFC I enjoy yu r comments cause they help me with my writing and what have you, gotta stay on my toes and I am just glad that people have been commenting. 

figure I would throw in my 2 cents

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline slasha

• Member+
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2008, 02:58:03 AM »
Well since school has started for me, I won't be updating my fic as quickly. I guess that's good news for you, JFC.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
So I force myself to stay at uni to study till at least 7pm and what do I end up doing... Commenting on fics :sweatdrop: At least I did a bunch of study too but damn you people and your fabulous writing skills :angry: :heart: :wub: :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »
So I force myself to stay at uni to study till at least 7pm and what do I end up doing... Commenting on fics :sweatdrop: At least I did a bunch of study too but damn you people and your fabulous writing skills :angry: :heart: :wub: :P
Pffft, you know you love us! :mon noprob:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Pffft, you know you love us! :mon noprob:
no doubt! ... and i love you, lollipopgirl!!! ... i love you too strawb3rrykream!

... i work on my fic more than my thesis... seriously.

i'm a bad student

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Girls Power, Aisuru Power