JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Home Made Kazoku - Life Goes On & On

Author Topic: RIP Vin Scully  (Read 2402 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
RIP Vin Scully
« on: August 04, 2022, 07:50:37 AM »
Voice of Dodgers baseball and great sports broadcaster. SO MANY LEGENDARY CALLS.

The Kirk Gibson call, the Joe Clark to Dwight Clark, the Bo Jackson All Star Game with Reagan. The list goes on on on. He's up there with the Carrys, Hearns, Maddens.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Re: RIP Vin Scully
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 06:09:22 PM »
A greater loss than the average person can imagine. He spanned generations, beloved and appreciated by all of them. The passing of Scully and famous baseball author Roger Angell closes the book on the 20th century.

A friend of mine told me he didn't "get" Scully. Whatever: Not everybody can know everything. Embrace what you love cuz there ain't a whole lot of it left. But understand that for us baseball fans, Scully was the paragon of broadcasting and something I never took for granted, particularly in the previous decade, when online tech was able to share his voice with the entire globe.

A short list: https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/remembering-five-of-vin-scullys-most-famous-calls.html BTW his (local LA TV) call of Henry Aaron's 715th home run in Atlanta is also iconic.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Home Made Kazoku - Life Goes On & On