JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cruyff In The Bedroom - A Walk At Twilight

Author Topic: (Artist) BoA  (Read 162001 times)

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) BoA
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2007, 04:25:31 AM »
sweet impact rocks.
the dance is awesome too ^^

BoA's Korean music is much better than her Japanese stuff imho. "My Name" is an awesome song <3

im so agree. dont forget to add Girls on TOP xDD what a fantastic song!!
i think she turns out to be more RnB + hiphop in korea xDDD
and i love it !!

Offline Aslan

• ecchi
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
I like a lo the new Sweet Impact but still... i prefer Nanairo no Ashita Brand New Beat  ::)

Offline strawberrie

• Member+
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2007, 01:43:10 AM »
Not a real fan of Sweet Impact but I went ahead and sub it anyway. I haven't heard her new single yet (I don't even remember what's it called lol). My favorite songs are My Name, Moto, and Girls on Top. Love her fourth and fifth Korean album. Can't wait for her sixth one.

Offline strawberrie

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
i keep hearing rumor about she has alot of her part "fixed", is that true?

BoA never had surgey

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »
i keep hearing rumor about she has alot of her part "fixed", is that true?

BoA never had surgey

care to prove that to us. I'm a big fan of her's, but who knows for sure?

Offline waqwaq

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
Dun matter if she done it, especially when she is so beautiful which i doubt any surgery can perfect that.  :rofl: Love her impish and cute attutide.  :drool:

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2007, 11:26:07 PM »
So BoA is featured in SEAMO's new single "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" Personally, I think the song would be better without SEAMO.

Offline SweetSayumi

• The dude with the Fakes AND JAVs
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »
I was getting to know BoA back then from a LAN-Party where someone had an Folder called Jpop and i was curious what that is.. since i wasn't into jpop then.. So yeah i then copied that folder, and it was containing some Ayumi Hamasaki vids and BoA's Valenti. That was the time where i got into BoA. 2 Monthes later I got into Morning Musume. Valenti is still my favourite song.

Offline ach0i

• ecchi
  • ~Aichan/Ayaya~
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
Anyband's "Talk,Play,Love" song is addicting. Not to mention the b-side.

BoA is amazing. :inlove:

Though, her newest single sounds too generic for me. :-\

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »
Anyband's "Talk,Play,Love" song is addicting. Not to mention the b-side.

BoA is amazing. :inlove:

Though, her newest single sounds too generic for me. :-\
The whole ANYBAND single is great!

Meh, sorta true, but I will admit, it's catchy and it has a good meaning. But also, the dance is so hot!

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »
I agree with you kaminokami2086. The song would be better with only the vocals of boa-chan.
Her new ballad love letter is also nice. She looks cute in the PV too

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
BoA was one of the first jpop artist i got into...
And she now comes with a new album. I really can't wait  :oops:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23497

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »
BoA Calendar 2008

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
Nice scans from the 2008 calender. She looks cute as always

Some old pics I found.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
*BUMP*

I've sorta been getting into BoA lately. She was one of the first J-pop artists I knew but haven't really listened to her in a while. I've been listening to her latest album the past week, not her best stuff, but it was descent.

I like her blog though. It's not updated too often, but she takes great pics. :D
http://blog.oricon.co.jp/boa/

She also has great fashion sense. I'd say she has my favorite style out of jpop.

She's performing at some korean concert here in a couple weeks, hopefully I'll be going. Too bad I don't know most of her korean songs other than a few with Japanese versions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:18:45 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2008, 03:02:57 AM »
BUMP!!  :w00t:

BoA is releasing her 6th Korean album titled BACK TO THE GIRL on 7.3.08. This is awesome news, especially since I personally have always liked her Korean stuff a lil' better.

She is also releasing her 27th Japanese single Vivid on 6.4.08  :heart:

Offline alterna

• Taeyeon ♥
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2008, 03:07:37 PM »
^ It's still a rumor though...

But I hope it's true!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
I love BoA :D her music is very good! I like her new songs from her new album it's very good :D she's an amazing dancer to!! Plus she looks amazing!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2008, 08:42:09 AM »
BoA Plans Debut in US

After achieving phenomenal success in Asia, Korea's biggest pop star BoA is setting her sights on the world's biggest music market ― the United States. S.M. Entertainment said BoA is preparing to make her debut in the U.S., Yonhap News reported Tuesday. Her management agency said BoA has been shuttling between the U.S., Japan and Korea in preparation for her American debut.

BoA is scheduled to hold a press conference detailing her plans for the U.S. on Sept. 10 at the Imperial Palace Hotel, Seoul. S.M. used BoA's initials to coin the slogan `` Best of Asia, Bring on America,'' which is said to reflect the singer's ultimate goal of making it in the highly competitive American music industry.

S.M., a top Korean entertainment company, recently announced the establishment of S.M. Entertainment USA. The company is expected to expand SM's business in the U.S., which may include promotions for its stars like BoA and TVXQ. BoA is the latest in a string of Korean pop stars who are trying to make it big in the U.S. Rain and Se7en have reportedly been preparing for their debut in the U.S. for the past year, but neither have released an English-language album.

BoA, whose real name is Kwon Boa, was only 11 years old when she was discovered by S.M. Entertainment. At 13, she released her debut album, which was an instant hit in 2000. In 2002, she made her debut in Japan with the album ``Listen to My Heart." BoA has concentrated most of her activities in Japan, releasing six Japanese albums, which have all topped the Oricon weekly charts.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2008/09/178_30413.html

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »
Awesome.

I'm really iffy about the success of these korean singers trying to make it in the US though. I really don't see them having much more than a niche market, for now. Other foreign artists are having enough trouble making it big as it is. It's all up to if they have the money to market them enough to compete against American popular artists, which I don't think is possible. But maybe after this current "Disney" wave of popular music, there'll be an Asian wave. :P

Hope she has a little concert here or something, sorta like what Rain did a couple years ago.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cruyff In The Bedroom - A Walk At Twilight