JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Movin` On

Author Topic: (Artist) BoA  (Read 162050 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: (Artist) BoA
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »
Why wear a wig? Wigs are for old people. She could just tie her hair up or something. And here i was, thinking she was going for a change. Bwah, doesn't matter anyways. I Just need that full video now..
[/url]

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »

Full PV  :heart:

One of her best ones  :inlove:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »
^AH! when I came home first thing i checked was BJJ and I found it <3 I haven't even watched the whole thing yet and I can tell it's freaking awesome.

And yay, it's just a wig. She still has awesome long and flowy locks~ Dance is great so far and I'm liking the concept in terms of relation to the lyrics :)

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »
Her dancing is really quite hypnotizing x___X

Really warming up to BoA recently... :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »
^ I'll heat it up for you :D

LOVEd the PV, especially the second half when it correlates more with the lyrics.
Haha my friend and I just made a lil joke that the jacket she's holding in the apartment is the one she's dancing in when she's in the streets.

Love that wall dance <3

-O_sLaVe

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »
Thank you Seagull! Oh have I been waiting... Finally! PV is exactly as awesome as I wanted it. Epic video to epi song.

The grey hoodie part. My god.. Maria we talked about it. Every fucking move she does with that body is like woah. My heart stops every time that part comes up.
[/url]

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2009, 01:59:58 AM »
Awesome PV. There's really nothing bad I can say about it.

I love her look during the walk in the park scenes. I want to photograph her (and I want that camera, vintage canon looks like). Also love her hair tied in the apartment.

And I want the shoes she was wearing during the dancing in the street scenes. :lol:

Choreography was awesome too, intricate but still very smooth and bouncy. I like the footwork they do during the "Why did you say, 'Bye Bye?'" part, cause they found a perfect application for something I do randomly. XD
And of course the wall dance was HOT!

I freakin love this girl!

Edit: :lol: and as I finish posting this, I get a text message from her US fanclub thing. She says she's "having a gr8 time in the US." XD
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:05:06 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2009, 04:11:30 AM »
3:02 was some hot movement.

The choreo if you think about it, is a bit too intricate for the song and it's meaning, but it still fits. I was really just expecting a lot of sliding/gliding, waves, shuffle foot steps, spins, and normal pop r&b dance moves. Not anything to this extent where she accents her dance moves (even down to her arm choreography) and gives it a bit more umph.

i dont know how boa makes a bunch of just random  wormy leg movements look so cool :heart:

Not exactly my point, but she says it better than me:

-O_sLaVe
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:24:49 AM by Owaranai_sLaVe »

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2009, 05:21:00 AM »
I dunno..I love the choreography for this song. It really shows how great she can be.

I'm glad that it's just a wig. Dammit, that's one uglyass wig. Very Yoochun-ish. XD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2009, 05:27:28 AM »
Well I think, if you're going by it vocally and lyrically, the dancing doesn't exactly fit. But it still fits perfectly well musically. It may be intricate, but it's still smooth and executed well. Really if you ask me, the only dancing that doesn't fit is the whole wall thing, but it's so hot, it justifies its existence. XD  My first impressions of this dance was that it was very Michael Jackson-ish without being explicit Michael Jackson choreography.

And now I also want a pocket watch. Those things are so damn cool. :lol:

Oh and I just figured out a perfect ad campaign for BoA in the US. The female Asian Chris Brown! :lol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:35:58 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tozjhumm1cg

I uploaded the PV if someone want it.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »
Thanks!

But the aspect ratio is off. Shows up as widescreen when it should be 4:3. And there's a bunch of interlacing lines. Could be from dling it off Youtube? Just wanted to give a little heads up.

Tried to look for the original encode people put up on yt, but can't find it. But it's not like I tried that hard. >_> It'll pop up somewhere.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
>>Mediafire 56.8MB @256 KBPS 704x480 BoA Eien PV AVI<<
Credits: koralex90 @Boashouse

It's pretty good quality; no pixelations or lines.

I'm glad that it's just a wig. Dammit, that's one uglyass wig. Very Yoochun-ish. XD
LOL to be honest, I prefer this wig over Yoochun's weird hairstyles. Seriously, for the past few months... I want to give him a wig.

Well I think, if you're going by it vocally and lyrically, the dancing doesn't exactly fit. But it still fits perfectly well musically. It may be intricate, but it's still smooth and executed well. [...]  My first impressions of this dance was that it was very Michael Jackson-ish without being explicit Michael Jackson choreography. [...] Oh and I just figured out a perfect ad campaign for BoA in the US. The female Asian Chris Brown! :lol:
Hmm, you've got a point. It does fit the music (beat) now that I think about it. But I think it would fit it even better if there was a bit more bass and drums to it, don't you think?
Her Sweet Impact video she said herself was a mirror of Michael Jackson because she loves him so much. I think there was some special Michael Jackson thing going on that day and they decided to honor him. Here, I think she's just trying to get that vibe like you said. More than singing, I think she loves dance/choreography most about her job.
Female Chris Brown... hmmm... didn't Ciara already "take" that title? :lol:

Btw, you signed up for her US fanclub thing? Lucky you! Ugh, I need a text plan.

-O_sLaVe

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
It's up on jps, still pending tho. Filesize differs so it should be another encode.
Should be same as Maria posted. I'm getting it.

As for dance vs song. I do agree that it did seem a bit unfitting at times, but at the same time i feel like it's perfectly in place in the video. I mean, we got BoA doing a great songs. She has the skill to outdance most people. Why not put that extra cream on top?
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
Errr...

:oops:

Yes, you're right Sev oppa. I'm no longer gonna talk about the dance unless it has awesome and praise next to it haha.

Ugh, so she has that cool staple earring on both sides of her ear?! And I can't even find one!?
-O_sLaVe
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:22:31 PM by Owaranai_sLaVe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »
OMFG YES BOA!! MAKE OUT WITH YOURSELF!! HOT!!! :heart:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
Is this a hint that they'll clone her?! :drool:
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

I take back everything I said that contradicted the song and dance. I think it's a lot better with the lyrics right under each scene. The dance goes well with the story.

Interpretation for the win.
I especially love the part where she touches her face before she talks about her fingers touching his, when she talked about him being at her side she had her arm out liek they were locking arms, when she talks about the wind carrying her she body goes in different directions just like how the wind would blow, bringing back eternity she steps back a few times, and whenever sad lyrics came she touched herself liek she's in pain.
Some good directing skills is when she talks about being protected, she's in a vulnerable stance on the wall :D

coincidences: the light in the back when she talked about the moon shining? :lol:

The one that directed this MV was the one who directed Love Letter, MeriKuri, and Make a Secret. Which is probably why there's a lot of walking, it's at night, and lots of dance cuts (like make a secret).

-O_sLaVe

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
Holy shit... Why do I find her kissing herself way hotter than two separate girls kissing? XD

^ But yeah, I looked up the lyrics and noticed some of the matching choreography before I went to bed. I didn't catch everything you caught, but you missed the part when she holds out her hands when she sings about her tears in her hands. :P

And I imagine these to be thoughts she would have while walking down the same street the two of them used to walk, hence her walking down the street. And with another viewing, maybe after a night of drinking. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:50:02 PM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
Okay I think I officially love BoA... Hahaha

The subbed PV just did the trick, lol.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Movin` On