JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - PRECIOUS LOVE

Author Topic: (Artist) BoA  (Read 161975 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) BoA
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05:56 AM »
Pretty sure they're Vans Sk8-hi's, not sure exactly which ones cause never seen those versions. And yeah Vans makes great shoes for just about any activity that works well with flat soles.

^She looks so Asian American in those pics. :lol: They shoulda got her and Yuri from Kaba to take pics together. >_>

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
Ah, thanks guys. I knew I could trust my eyes. Yeah Vans are even due to their simplified construction maybe one of the most comfy sneakers I've worn. Gotta indeed be perfect for dancing and the likings.
[/url]

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2009, 12:26:09 AM »
Totally in love with her new song Eien  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
thanks Boa for this amazing song

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »
^Yay, someone else besides the other 2 and me XD

I don't own a pair of vans... and they were never really my thing until recently. I knew Vans from way back in middle school when all the skaters wore them... They were fat! So I was an Adio wearer lol. Then they started getting into those loafer style (is that what you call it?) and I didn't like them. But now they're going vintage, put the shoelaces back on them... and they look kinda nice with skinneys/straight legs. Still don't know if I'd get them though lol

Omg, if BoA took a pic with Yuri, Jia, or Cindy... :heart:

Hey liam oppa, you're from Cali right? Any news on whether or not BoA's gonna be in Citywalk? Cuz she announced during Kollaboration that she'd be in Citywalk but never said if it was Florida's or California's.... and I REALLLLLLYYYYYYYY want to go if it's in Florida's. I will most likely go. Even if my parents threaten to disown me for going 300 miles with friends just to see a few performances.

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2009, 01:52:19 AM »
I live here but you'd probably still know more about it than me. This is the first I've heard about it. :lol:

I could write a long ass post about vans, but I'll try and keep it short since this is the Boa thread. (We should start a fashion sub-forum or thread to talk about this kind of crap :P) I've worn vans since I was like 4. :lol: Vans started off as those thin canvas deck shoes and slip-ons which got popular for skating and then they moved on to that. Skip 20 years. Pretty much every skate shoe from around 10 years ago was bulky as hell (went in hand with the stuffed shoe tongue fad haha), so vans went along with it, though they still sold the old school deck and skate shoes through all this time. And from what I remember, vans actually had the smaller skate shoes compared to other companies. Then old school vintage kicks got popular again a few years ago and that seems to be their main focus til now. I've had atleast 5 pairs of vans my whole life.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:54:52 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »
I think I might be the only one who prefers Eat You Up to I Did It For Love...  XD I hate how she barely sings in that song!

Still buying the American release of her album though, just because she needs the support!  :heart:

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »
I think I might be the only one who prefers Eat You Up to I Did It For Love...  XD

No you're not. Other than the lyrics, I liked Eat You Up, but I Did It For Love just sounds pretty generic to me.

But I might be the only one who prefers Eien to anything else she's released in the past couple years. :P

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11:54 AM »
I love her either way. If there's something I don't like, a few days, weeks, even months LATER I'll love it. Like Sweet Impact. The only singles really that I didn't like and skip over when I hear it was like Smile Again... only because the live performances are so much better.

@Seagull - that's the fanmade version :T it's not the whole thing yet.

@Liam oppa - It was Vans and Globes that were always big as hell. But now Vans are appealing to me with that whole vintage like look. almost like the Converse Chuck Taylors  but not really. But yeah, I'm not one for those slip ons on many people :T just not my style and def wouldn't dance in them.

-O_sLaVe

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »
well really all skate shoes were big as hell in those days, I went through a lot of them and used most brands cause they would just get fucked up after a month from skating. haha Vans have sold those old canvas shoes since the 60s, and have always sold them, they just didn't get popular again till recently. And yeah I don't really like slip-ons, but they make good deck/beach shoes.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »
@Seagull - that's the fanmade version :T it's not the whole thing yet.
You mentioned it earlier. Basically, what I posted earlier (see below) is NOT the official song, yes? I hope it WILL sound like that, coz I've been playing it like crazy on my pod the last week.
http://www.thehypefactor.com/boa-feat-sean-garrett-i-did-it-for-love/
It's the full song. Do like. Do like alot.

Off topic: Guys seriously. The fashion sub-forum SITS was talking about. We should do it. Why not?
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2009, 02:50:42 AM »
Hey, check this out :P

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/100_autographed_boa_albums_only_at_allkpop
http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/50_autographed_BoA_albums_only_at_allkpop/

I already participated, so make sure you guys get up on it :) Soompi is also having one so I think between these two, if you sign up soon, you'll have a good chance at winning.

-O_sLaVe

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »
You pimped it, I pre-ordered :P

THAT'S DOPE THO. Hikki vs BoA in the US.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
Too bad it's the first 100 and not 100 random. That's what I'm making out reading the article(s). Coz like, I'll be sure as hell they got 150 replies quicker than quick. Really nice initiative tho! Who would NOT want a signed BoA album, and it's not like people won't pre-order it.

This is a BIG release and I expect it to sell real good. Atleast I hope it does. Go BoA!
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:05 AM »
Yes! Awesome. Good lookin' out, Daidai :heart:
I'mma get myself some Utada too, as soon as I get myself some money :lol: Ah, the pains of a broke girl.

BoA's highest chart position on Amazon was 11. Must be with all the contests and such; people rushing to preorder... some preordering multiple times!

Well I just hope I win. random or not. I'm just happy they're rewarding the supporters of artists rather than giving away free shit to people who don't deserve it.
-O_sLaVe

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
Hey, I hope you win too! :twothumbs Coz you if anyone have fangirled enough to deserve it. Personally, I probably won't pre-order via allkpop since there's no chance of wining (I'd give the disc to you anyways), and Amazon means I gotta pay tax and customs on it = + ~33% on the price.

Damn nice initiative by the allkpop peeps for sure. Always makes me happy when shit like this goes down. Those are gonne be one fiddy happy fans for sure. :)
[/url]

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »

A short part of the "I Did it for Love" MV and the preformance from the realese, preview party thing XD

Sexy Boa  :drool:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
Oh my god. :drool: Those pants are SHINY and TIGHT and BoA's wearing them!!!1 :inlove: Interesting that the mentioned fanmade version sounds exactly like the original. Was it really fan made or am I missing something?
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2009, 01:07:24 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLCpeYsVfjY&eurl=http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/boas_i_did_it_for_love_preview/&feature=player_embedded
LONGER preview

The fanmade thing i was talking about was when the combined the leaked version and the SM official clip and then repeated a bunch of things to make it 3+ minutes. so that's why it was fanmade. And I'm sorry you can't participate :( ... :cry: you would really give it to me?

-O_sLaVe

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #279 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
^ Why wouldn't I give it to you? I know how much you love her, not saying I don't but like.. I know how fucking happy I would be having anything BoA signed,  more so, I know you'd probably be even happier! On top of that, I think you've earned it.

On topic: The video looks awesome beyond words. Didn't really get to get a good feel for the dance, but what I saw looked good. Not the more slow paced technical BoA dancing I dig, but energetic and sexay! And the outfit.. Holy macarony! :shocked I think BoA just re-defined the word sexy. :twothumbs
[/url]

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - PRECIOUS LOVE