JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Shoes

Author Topic: (Artist) BoA  (Read 161974 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: (Artist) BoA
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »
Nylon Korea (July 2009)

"BoA: US Faves
What do Justin Timberlake, In-N-Out Burger, and Gossip Girl have in common? They're all on BoA's list of favorite "
Oooooh shit! She likes both JT and The Dark Knight! I think I have finally found my soulmate XD

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »
^ XD Where have you been! Dude, she's a JT fangirl hahaha she always jokes about wanting to date him if she can't work with him lol

[Video] BoA - KISS FM 106.1 Seattle [06.24.2009] part 1/2
[Video] BoA - KISS FM 106.1 Seattle [06.24.2009] part 2/2
BoA - Jackie and Bender

BoA smack = rawr
Also, we all know that BoA's inspiration was Michael Jackson. In fact, that's the reason why she believes in dance, REAL dance, in an entertainer. I think there's a video of her dancing to MJ when she was 12 or 13 on some show (followed by dancing to Nsync xD)
BoA's Twitter:

>>Credit<<

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
#1: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE RAP ALBUM?
BoA says: I love Eminem and I’m happy that he came out again. I just heard “Crack A Bottle.” I really liked it. That’s probably my favorite song these days. As far as my favorite rap album? I guess for now I’ll say T.I.’s Paper Trail.

#2: WHAT’S YOUR NUMBER ONE DEAL-BREAKER FOR A POTENTIAL BOYFRIEND?
BoA says: The way he speaks is very important. Some guys speak too fast, too low, or too high. I don’t like guys that exaggerate about their work. But I don’t always react to them, since I have many relationships with guys through business. Right now, I’m always traveling, so it’s really hard to share time with anybody.

#3: WHAT TYPE OF FOOTWEAR WOULD MAKE YOU COMPLETELY DISMISS A MAN AS A POTENTIAL HOOKUP?
BoA says: I like guys wearing sneakers, but I don’t like guys putting their pants inside their shoes or sneakers. I do it a lot, but I don’t like it when guys do it. And I don’t like guys wearing flip-flops. In the beach is all right, but in normal occasions, I just think it seems a little too casual. I personally like sneakers a lot. I was at Flight Club earlier today to get the Jeremy Scott For Adidas (JS Wings), but they didn’t have my size! I love Pierre Hardy sneakers that are made for women. I love Converse. I couldn’t get the Louis Vuitton x Steven Sprouse, it got sold out so quickly. I used to like high heels because I’m short. But few years ago, after a rehearsal, I woke up the next morning and saw the bottom of my feet bloated. It looked like a hamburger! [Laughs.] After that I always wore sneakers or low flat shoes.

#4: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD OR HANGOVER REMEDY?
BoA says: I just sleep in or go work out. I can’t drink that much. I can’t drink ssoju [Korean rice liquor]. It’s too strong.

#5: WHAT’S THE MOST EFFECTIVE APHRODISIAC FOR YOU?
BoA says: I don’t know…maybe coffee? [Laughs.] I like McDonald’s coffee with hazelnut syrup.

#6: WHO’S A CHILDHOOD CRUSH YOU CAN’T BELIEVE YOU HAD?
BoA says: Why do you think girls are always attracted to their teachers when they’re younger? I was attracted to my teacher at one point. I thought, “Oh, he’s so nice. I want to be his wife one day.” [Laughs.] I guess it’s a cute memory. As far as a celebrity crush? I really liked Seo Taiji [Korean singer-songwriter]. Unfortunately, I never got to meet him in real life yet.

#7: WHO’S YOUR WOMAN CRUSH?
BoA says: I don’t kiss girls! But yeah, I love Angelina Jolie. Oh my God, when I saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith, the way she fixed the curtains by standing on that chair…I want to try that. Oh, and I like Blake Lively from Gossip Girl.

Credit: http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/05/29/the-complex-7-boa/#more-33692

-O_sLaVe

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »
It's been all over YT hahah but I forgot to update here and link it.... Sorry ^^;

crystal kay girlfriend feat BoA + interview with ck

Yay~ The Crystal Kay song is out :)
Here's my upload of just the mp3... I don't know if there's a difference between the radio version and the studio version :T you can see for yourself (you can listen to it on zShare before downloading)
>>zShare 5MB @192KBPS CK-GFfeat.BoA<<

090617 BoA Asia's Hottest Pop Star
This interview was from June

-O_sLaVe
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:45:59 PM by Owaranai_sLaVe »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
haha, alright I'm assuming people still look at this place even if they don't post so I'll continue posting :p
We all know that some AKB chicks love BoA... so this didn't come as a surprise ^^
AKB48 v BOA

It's REALLY hard to believe that she JUST learned that dance. She just watched him and she followed right after. God. I think she mentioned never doing tap before but she was interested in that and jazz because she had been doing hip hop for so long...
BoA dancing funny

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »
Hahaha, I remember watching BoA dance with the awesome head movement
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #346 on: July 15, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
BoA collaborates with Akon

Wed, July 15, 2009 (3:38am EDT)

BoA is doing a duet with popular American singer Akon, it has been announced. She is featured on a song on the album "Freedom+2," which Akon is releasing in Japan next month. "Freedom+2" contains songs from Akon's third album "Freedom" that was released last year in the U.S. The song "Beautiful" from that album was originally done with Kardinall Offishall and Colby O'Donis, but Akon decided to make a new version with a female artist from Asia for the upcoming album. Akon decided to offer the collaboration to BoA, who just made her American debut with an album in March. "Freedom+2" goes on sale on August 5. On the same day, "Beautiful" will be made available for chaku-uta download as well.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5027

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #347 on: July 15, 2009, 03:33:08 PM »
haha, alright I'm assuming people still look at this place even if they don't post so I'll continue posting :p
We all know that some AKB chicks love BoA... so this didn't come as a surprise ^^
AKB48 v BOA

It's REALLY hard to believe that she JUST learned that dance. She just watched him and she followed right after. God. I think she mentioned never doing tap before but she was interested in that and jazz because she had been doing hip hop for so long...
BoA dancing funny

Great clips, and I've got the full episodes both of those clips are taken from.  Two other people sing BoA songs in the first one, and then she gives the award to the one she thought was the best.  And in the tap dancing one, you get to see her and Ishibashi learning the dance moves, and then eventually Hard Gay comes out and things get wild.

Hit me up if you wanna see the full things.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: July 20, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »
^ Yes, Definitely! Please share~

Tell us a little bit about your music career thus far.
I debuted in Korea when I was 13. Soon afterward, I went to Japan at 14 to seriously pursue a music career there. I began my career in the US last year with a single called “Eat You Up”, and in March, I released an album titled “BoA.”

Please tell us about your new US album. How is it different and similar from other albums that you’ve introduced in Asia?
I really focused on Dance Pop and upbeat music. It’s music for the clubs, but different than what you’d hear in an Asian club. In my American album, we played around with different beats, and rhythms so it was really different from my past albums even if all of my albums are considered “Dance Pop.”

How do you feel about starting from scratch in the US when you have such huge success in Asia? What were your expectations before you debuted in the US?
I am not going to lie, I felt insecure; the idea of debuting in another country seemed like such a huge challenge! But now that I look back, it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made. The hardest part was overcoming the language barrier. I was able to work with talented producers like Brian Kennedy and Sean Garette, which was a huge change from my past work. Overall, I think my American debut was definitely worth it and I’m so grateful for my American fans!

Do you miss anything in Asia?
I thought I would but being in LA makes the transition so much easier! I go to K-town quite often.)

You’re a great singer but also a great performer. In your opinion, how do the clothes you wear on stage relate to self-expression? Are they an important part of your performance?
Since my music focuses on Dance Pop, performance is very important. I often choose to wear sneakers or low heels so I can dance and perform better for my audience. But I am aware of trends and fashion [laughs]. I try to make up for my shoe restrictions with lots of accessories or “weird” leggings so I can express myself.

In the “Eat You Up” video, you are wearing “drop crotch” pants. Do you usually choose your outfits? If so where do you get your inspirations? How do you react when people say you are a trendsetter?
That is actually one of my favorite parts — choosing my own outfit. I actually put a lot of thought into it because I don’t want to just look like a slave to all the trends. I research and look through magazines and think about what would look good while still allowing me to perform well. Not an easy process, but still enjoyable. I did get made fun of for drop crotch pants, though. Maybe I’m too fashion-forward. Haha, whatever.

Describe a typical day for BoA.
When I take the day off, which I haven’t recently, I love to play with my dog Pama. He’s the sweetest dog ever! Then I usually watch movies, and of course go shopping. When I was in New York recently I went to TopShop several times. It’s definitely a new favorite of mine!

Do you have favorite fashion designer? What would be a BoA-ish outfit/fashion?
My style isn’t very girly or frilly — I like things that are more androgynous. I like to put on a simple outfit and then pile on a lot of accessories. As far as favorite fashion designers go, I really like Rick Owens for his fabulous leather jackets.

What kind of accessories do you like to wear? What do accessories add to an outfit?
I tend to like heavier and more boy-ish jewelry. In general though, my rule for accessories is that I only buy it if I love it at first sight. A couple of days ago, I went to H&M and stocked up on a bunch of accessories. They have great styles there for reasonable prices!

Do you admire any Asian or American celebrities’ fashion sense?
I haven’t really watched Asian TV since I came to the states, but I really like Lady Gaga’s style. She is so courageous! I don’t know if I can pull off half of her outfits! Mainly because I like pants too much.

How are the Asian audiences different from the US audiences?
Surprisingly, they’re not that different. I always feel lots of energy and passion for music from the audience wherever I’m performing. Music is kind of a universal language, so I think if you just enjoy the music and the audience, you won’t find it too different.

Your music has lots of color and you wear a variety of outfits from elegant dresses to sexy tight outfits. Do you have any memorable or favorite outfits?
My style varies according to the type of song — it all depends on the music. In Asia, I had quite a few slow songs, so I got to wear more dresses and be more girly. Recently, in my “I did it for Love” video, I wore super skin-tight clothes. It was… different. But I actually prefer more comfortable clothes like in “Eat you up,” since it’s more like my personal style.

Lastly, recommend Chictopians a song from your US album and a song from your Asian albums.
Of course! I would like to recommend “Energetic” which is my newest US single. It’s a fun and upbeat song that you and your friends can dance to. I also recommend “Eien” from my latest Japanese single album.

WOO! Lady Gaga fan <3 I love it when she talks about fashion heehee.

-O_sLaVe

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #349 on: July 20, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »
Damn, BoA looks really really cute with that Lady GaGa outfit  :heart: :heart:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: July 22, 2009, 02:24:17 AM »
http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/07/21/boa-exclusive-video-britney-spears/#more-1546 <-AWESOME interview AND the MV for Energetic.

If you haven't seen the performances at San Fran Gay Pride, then lemme just tell you that the choreo is OFF THE CHAIN.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/406218/the-5-boa.jhtml <- Five things you didn't know about BoA.

http://snsdkorean.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/boa-promotes-snsd-i-promote-boa/ <-Boa Promoting SNSD

-O_sLaVe

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:53 AM »
^ Good stuff! It's nice to see that they haven't stopped promoting her album :yep:

BoA Energetic Official Music Video
Boring ass video but at least BoA's lookin' good :P

BoA - Eat You Up (SF Pride 09)

BoA - Energetic (SF Pride 09)

BoA - I Did It For Love (SF Pride 09)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
You were right Maria. The dancing in the video is fucking sick. :bow:

I rarely get a full fledged boner from an MV, but this just gave me one. :fap She's so fucking hot it hurts lol.
One of my fav songs of the album and a video right up my alley. Even the eye make up thing looks good. Only BoA can pull something like that off.

Btw, you guys see she's wearing wings. Those shoes are like made for her. :thumbsup
[/url]

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2009, 05:01:16 AM »
WERD. Those winged adidas are hers fo sho.

Now hold up a sec, she likes Pau Gasol huh? Quite epic

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2009, 03:40:27 AM »
Here's that said collabo with Akon!! Buy it here KONVICT! http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICU-1189

You can still hear the CHHYEEAAAHH!!! of Kardinal Offishall :canada: :lol:

BEAUTIFUL FEAT.BOA & KARDINAL OFFISHALL (jacked from iHoneyJoo.com)
http://sharebee.com/9021e3fd

Beats that original Konvict dude, her vocals are very soft and seductive

When's that deluxe dropping?? You can see all her pores after a good shower.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »
She too was on Music Station with Crystal Kay. oh she loves Morning Musume XD

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlmzvjuqm2b

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
her hat was BALLERINA. that song is pretty nice too :o

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2009, 11:41:14 PM »
oh she loves Morning Musume XD

It seems that she's also best friends with Aya Matsuura.

http://www.intlwota.com/shinemore/2009/04/random-fact-aya-boa-are-friends/

Love&Peace

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #359 on: September 01, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
When's that deluxe dropping?? You can see all her pores after a good shower.

it's out on iTunes today.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Shoes