JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re

Author Topic: [News] S/mileage New Members Announced!  (Read 25467 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [News] S/mileage Accepting Applications for New Members
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
^WOW

I wonder if they're just rebranding the Morning Musume formula?

So if S/mileage breaks out or become massively popular after these subsequent additions, will they become the new flagship group?

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »
Gahh if they're adding that many just to take on MM's image... can't they do it more gradually? 6?! Or... maybe that means there'll be 6 members total? :lol: 6 Really will throw off the balance- or make all the new gen backup dancers! D:
They  should start with just 2, maybe 3 new members... then add more in another year or two! XD

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »
^^ I don't think MM can ever be overtaken as the flagship group even simply because of the Japanese culture of respecting senpais; even if none of the original members are left, the name Morning Musume has lived for so long and is known to everyone and automatically demands respect from all newer groups within Hello! Project. Even if another group became more popular (which I don't see happening), I believe MM would still be the headline simply because of respect & tradition...

They'd have to be PRETTY DAMN BIG if people didn't first associate H!P with MM, but with S/mileage!

Also, I wish success for S/mileage, but I think it'd be pretty lame if they only got a massive break out after adding new members, because I think the original 4 are so awesome. Japan already should be loving THEM, goddamnit! lol Then again... I guess that's what happened with Momusu dundun. I have mixed emotions~

EDIT:
I'd love to hear how many people applied for S/mileage, and how many auditioned for Morning Musume 10th gen!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Meania

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
^ They're allowed to apply for both, right? I bet some that get through in the S/mileage audition, that didn't stand out in their MM one, will request/beg to be put in Momusu instead! :lol:

I've just thought of something... S/mileage are known for their fun, quirky style- of course they need new gens and graduations! D: It'd be hard to keep up that image when the current girls are in their 20's and possibly tiring of a silly style- don't change their "thing" just make sure young members are cycled in over time and eventually older members leave!
XD Finaly adding new members is making a little bit of sence to me! Still would prefer 4nin for a bit longer! :P;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »
I B ET THAT'S WHY TSUNKU WROTE YUME MIRU 15SAI!!! THAT DIRTY BASTARD!!!

LOL

Offline SayuForever

• Member+
  • Ayahoe Lover
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Tsunku also said that he may add eggs. Nanami! lolz Also, some fans are speculating that Tsunku is trying to bring back a workshop type group, similar to what he had in mind for Berryz Koubou, where the members would be rotated. Tsunku also noted that he may have a system of “sub-members” and he may even add up to 6 members wich was also mention by u guys, to the group. While I’m not sure what he means by sub-members these are his comments from the article. (Translation thanks to TokyoHive)
“Three or four sub-members, and one or two normal members, if I add six members, they’ll all be sub-members, but if there’s a girl who’s outstanding I’ll make her a main member.”

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »
Being a submember sounds like being an Egg within a group >o< Glorified backdancers lol

Offline Meania

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
Hmm I wonder how that'll work- if there are "sub-members" would they get solo lines in any songs at all?? And what about merch? Main members get their own photo sets and shirts etc and the sub-members share a photo/set? :lol: I don't like the sound of that.... please just add a couple of full members Tsunku...

XD I really hope he doesn't mess up S/mileage...

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
Just for reference, the TokyoHive article is here:
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/06/tsunku-talks-about-smileages-new-member-audition/

I guess he's trying to get more mileage out of S/mileage.
</horriblepun>
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
:bow: :bow: :bow:  all bow to King Slack,  :theking   master of puns    :jphip:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 09:00:11 AM »
Yep! 1st round is done with!
Now we're into the 2nd round and guess what?

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv55778300
It's going to be broadcast live on niconico tomorrow!
(7/9 1:00pm Japan time)
That's about 21 hours from now!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Btw don't you need an account for niconico, or have they opened up??

EDIT: Registered :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:53:01 PM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
WHO WATCHED IT!

I slept badly so eh wtf I just got up and tuned in, why try to sleep when you can watch auditions.

There were 2 big group intros, then the girls sang solo and danced in groups of 4, and Eggs were also in these smaller groups :3
But they didn't show all girls singing before the end, me and Slack can remember at least 3 in total we were expecting to see but didn't.

I want to find screencaps now so I can make a list of my favs lol

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 09:09:57 AM »
I was taking notes on who I liked.
Here they are, even though they won't mean anything to most people lol.
13 purple dress, high pitched voice
Girl! Girl! Girl! (in red)
big bow girl?
750 Cheerleader girl
mole girl with short hair
1142 looks like airi, cute, cartwheel
857 announcer
1460 tiny dark girl

KARIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Aina ++

I'll post more in-depth once I get caps.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
MONSTER POST!!! PIC HEAVY SORRY.

I'll start by posting my favourites (not necessarily in order)...

KARIN. Of course. Cute, good dancing, good voice. I don't know if she's right for S/mileage, but she's right for major debut. :thumbsup

Random? Peach girl... She had my favourite voice out of the new faces. Not ground breaking, but lovely. I think her look also stands out :3 I don't think she'll make it, but whatever.

Purple girl, #13, Meimi Tamura. She was in Shugo Chara Egg play. Anyway, I thought she was well cute, and had a cutesy loud-ish voice that would fit S/mileage.

Ribbon girl was very good! Sang ok and danced while singing, great energetic dancing, great smile.

Very cute and bright, decent singing, looks like an idol

Cute cheeks girl. Singing and dancing ok.

Takechan. Her voice is very different from other, nice. Good Egg quality :3

Cheerleader. Wouldn't stop smiling, SUPER GENKI singing and dancing XD Not necessarily the cutest features, but character is cute

Rinapuu from Eggs. Ok singing, voice would fit S/mileage imo, and also showed the good Egg quality :3

Button nose girl. She sang and danced ok, I just had to say how cute she was.

This girl looks kinda Korean to me lol. Anyway, she totally fucked up her singing, but I liked her dancing and look, so sue me.

Aina Ootsuka from 9th gen auditions; Her voice has gotten really quite lovely indeed. :3

Actually maybe it's better to post other stuff in a separate reply...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:02:28 PM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 11:17:10 AM »
OTHERS:

Mogi the shark teeth girl from 9th gen audition: she had improved on her dancing expression, but her singing was still awful AND she forgot the lyrics. So painful.

I forgot how she sings. lol Cute face, but I find the mole on her chin (not pictured) distracting lol

Had a kind of weird voice, not in a good way. Forgot her lyrics and was the only one of those who forgot to ask for another chance, and was given it... And remembered ALMOST everything at 2nd try lol. Cute

Ricchan from Eggs; was a little disappointed with her lack of range, she had trouble especially hitting higher notes. But her voice is very cute, very S/mileage. I just fucking hate this haircut on her

Nagasaa from Eggs. Was a suprisingly weak singer :(

This girl has a look that's like a mix of Riho and Morisaki, so she's fun to look at... BUT SHE CAN'T SING. At all, not even in a charmingly bad way. It was such a blow.

Cute girl, but was very nervous, one of the weakest vocals.

Kind of middle-of-the-roader, not memorable

lol She makes me think of a cute baby dragon, or a My little pony. Her singing was awful, but her dancing was super bouncy & energetic and she's cute, so even if her singing sucks she was fun to watch.

The obligatory miniloli. IDK I think in cuteness she loses to some other minilolis we've had (Maimai, Karin, Nanami, Haruka), and her singing was all over the place. Maybe into Eggs, but nowhere near a major debut plz.

Hm cute, but meh

Cute, but not very memorable

This girl was very tall. Great legs. But when she was singing, she looked like she was at the morgue. idk

I liked this girl's look, but not only was her voice super quiet, it was not hitting many notes, and her dancing was meek.

The red! She was a lot of fun lol, very over-the-top dancer, and while singing she did these dramatic movements lol. The chat exploded with wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. So at least she'd be a fun character.

She looks part foreign. Kind of awful singer, but I liked that she moved while singing. IDK I doubt she makes it

Not a good singer. Cute, but strangely forgettable. When I bumped into her pics I thought "ok wtf who was that... oh I already have a pic of her"

This girl both singing and dancing looked sorry that she existed. Not good :/

The smile girl!! I was so hoping that she'd be a decent singer. Well she wasn't one of the worst, but nothing great either. Anyway, her smile is frickin adorable and she never seems to stop smiling lol

Short nose girl. Not horrible, but not particularly good

A very poor man's Sekkii. Looks kinda old and couldn't sing well.

In looks she reminded me of Meguru, so I was expecting a nice voice. OUCH. NO.

Kinda random cute-ish girl, the kind you always see at auditions but they never make it far. She stood completely still while singing, didn't look like she was performing.

Part-black girl? IDK I think she looks part black, could be some other ethnicity too. Her voice was actually good and dancing wasn't bad, I just wish she had smiled more because she ended up looking unenthusiastic.

Didn't stand out either singing or dancing, just looked a little smug looking at everything under her eyelids lol

GIRLS WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE SING SO WHO THE HELL KNOWS:

I really would've liked to see these 2. :(

THERE AREN'T PICS OF EVERYONE WHO SANG UP :O I remember at least a girl with really long hair who had a very wavering voice. Maybe there will be a pic, maybe there won't
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:01:47 PM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
MORE PICS

GAP TEETH GIRL. There was something likeable about her, idk. Good expression, or something.

I don't remember anything specific about these girls... It's already been too long since I saw it lol

This is the extremely long haired girl with a 'wavering voice' :3 It was more like constant vibrato, could probably be nice if trained

Sayuki from Eggs! She had a very strong voice, I was pleasantly surprised. I believe it was the first time I truly heard her sing.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »
Some vids:

credit to Hidders from H!O

Oh Mogi. :cry:

EDIT: One more vid.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:39:09 AM by oaxiac »