JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms

Author Topic: BAD GIRL MV (Full MV Out!)  (Read 13738 times)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Re: BAD GIRL MV (Just the teaser so far)
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »
 :tama-mad: :tama-mad: :tama-mad: :tama-mad: :tama-mad: :tama-mad: :tama-mad:

That's some shitty greenscreen.

This is only the dance shot, right? RIGHT?

:tama-mad:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »
Greenscreen? You sure? Only thing I noticed is the atrocious sound quality on the video. :X

Not much to it really (why didn't they utilize the motorcycles!?) The cinematography seems a bit higher level than most of their their previous videos (some of the touches like the focus and depth of field effects and what not) It's not bad if you consider they haven't even done a video for an album song before, but it's still just a couple sets and they dance.

They do look hot. A little trashy, like they have been digging through dumpsters at a 80s biker rally but hot nonetheless. I think I just need to give up waiting for Sunny to ditch the God forsaken poopy hairstyle. She seems to love it for some twisted reason.....

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 05:21:03 AM »
This is so...anticlimactic.

I also think the dancing parts in the parking lot were done on green screen. :-\

And the dance was better live. :-\

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
I mean, at least when MM did this with Resonant Blue and The Manpower! they gave us the full versions later.

So we'll get biker shidae chowing down on the veggies and the crepes later, amirite?

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:53 AM »
This is so...anticlimactic.

I also think the dancing parts in the parking lot were done on green screen. :-\

hmmm I'm 95% sure the parking garage is on location. There aren't any seams or anything and they show above angles and what not. The cargo yard seems real too. All the shadows were casting correctly and the camera movements would make it extremely complex to do with green screen. Besides that stuff would be a lot easier to do with practical means. I'm guessing it's just some of the camera focus or lighting that's making it feel layered in some shots.

And the dance was better live. :-\

I noticed that too. Seemed like they were a lot more into it during the concerts. :lol:

I mean, at least when MM did this with Resonant Blue and The Manpower! they gave us the full versions later.

So we'll get biker shidae chowing down on the veggies and the crepes later, amirite?

I think this is it. XD SM aint gonna put much effort towards an album song or any other SNSD video tbh : ( please prove me wrong SM : P

Offline bergmanin

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:57 AM »
I think the one to make the videos should be the same that does the concert clips. I like them better.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: BAD GIRL MV (Full MV Out!)
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
Wow the audio is really crap! hahaha I think it's mono. Whoever encoded the file for upload needs to go back to video school.

BUT a strange thing about this song is, it's seriously awesome live! It gets the whole crowd jumping and singing along without needing any fan chants. I really liked it.

Actually I don't think there's any chroma keying cause there's reflections in the water and I don't think they'd be able to replicate that very easily. The software would need to be able to detect what surfaces are reflective or if someone had to do it manually they would be editing for years!
I think the lighting is kinda weird though and probably not much work put into after effects :p I think it looks good with the bikes there but then when the bikes aren't there it just looks so bare.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:08:02 AM by ebc »

Offline spasc

• ecchi
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
That was really disappointing. Awesome trailer, shitty MV (I call this the Iron Man 2 formula).

@zoolander

The parking garage was shot on green screen. The first part (with the Harley) was a little harder to spot (it might be because of the light that came from the bikes). The second part (without the Harley) was way too obvious. Check this screenshot.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
hmm I still don't see anything special about those screenshots.
There's no reason for them to do green screen anyway I mean it would probably cost more to do, plus why would they go to the trouble of it only to put them into an ugly garage background?
Just because the lighting looks strange and brighter than it should doesn't mean they did green screen.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »
Actually you can tell from the above angle it is a practical shot and not visual effects. They clearly filmed at a garage or less likely a staging of one for most shots so there would be no reason to do something else for the rest. Besides with the movements and zooms you would need some kind of computer controlled camera positioning system to replicate the same movements at the actual garage and the shots with the girls. The lighting would be a nightmare too. It would just be waaaay too complex and expensive when you could just go to a random parking ramp and film it cheap and no problem. Same goes with the shipping container shots.

Offline spasc

• ecchi
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
@ebc and zoolander

I know it's counter-intuitive but I can't just ignore what I've observed just because it doesn't make any sense.

The lighting on the girls is strange because it doesn't blend with the background. Like in the first screenshot, Hyo clearly doesn't blend in. The same goes for the 2nd and 3rd screenshot. The surrounding is dark but they appear to be well illuminated.

As for the container shot, I do agree that it was on location.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
I think a lot of people are observing the lighting and coming to the conclusion that it's chroma keyed. Yes it doesn't blend, but the surfaces are all dark, they're not going to reflect much light. Only the girls themselves are going to reflect light and that's why they stick out so much. If you use light as the argument only then have a look at this

I made this quick gif to help explain.

The shadows you see are cast from the reflection of the strobe light on the back wall behind them.
This wouldn't happen if there was a blue/green screen behind them not unless it was manually done. To do this manually they would have to go through each individual frame and select each puddle of water and create the reflection or the shadow in the right place. It would be so insanely tedious and would take hundreds of hours to do so it's just so unlikely.

So if it were actually chroma keyed, this would be one of the most expensive productions I've ever seen XD

Offline spasc

• ecchi
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »
I noticed that too (like the shadow of their feet in the 2nd screenshot). However, I really don't think it would need a great deal of editing to achieve something like that gif you posted. They might have used reflectors (or something equivalent) for that lightning effect.

Offline Sydekyck

• Sooyoung's man
  • Shaolin S♥NE
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
The only good thing about this MV, is that they look hot. Other than that, it's all crap.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »
Checking a hunch, and yes, our very own DifferentStory12's 1, 2, 3, Breakin' OUT! OPV involves changing angles and shadows/reflections. Several of them do, as a matter of fact.

Also all of them look better than the Bad Girl PV.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »
Girls looked flawless but non the less, pretty boring MV and a total waste. I wanted a storyline MV. :|

SM needs to stop being so lazy and cheap.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:02 AM »
I'm not gonna repeat what everyone else said about this PV. I agree on most counts.

There better be an alternate PV for this coming out.  :angry:

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »

I'm not sure what to say XD

I'm just going to give up I think

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:11 AM »
Checking a hunch, and yes, our very own DifferentStory12's 1, 2, 3, Breakin' OUT! OPV involves changing angles and shadows/reflections. Several of them do, as a matter of fact.

In those you can tell when the camera moves there is a 2Dness because there isn't any camera movement in the shots with the green screen. The makers scale and manipulate the images to match the movement within the 3D environment. IDK for Bad Girl they might have hired ILM or Weta Digital to make photo realistic CG sets so that the movements could be controlled at will. Or maybe they had a precisely coordinated camera rig to match everything from the location shoot to the green screen exactly. Or they could have just gone to the parking garage and done it without the hassle or expense. :P

From what I hear they shot Bad Girl in Japan and it is Universal that handled the production. Which explains the nice photography effects never seen in SM videos lately and also the crappy sound in the video upload. That seems to happened with all the videos on Universal Japan's channel.

Also I gotta say the video has grown on me big time. I really like the second set of outfits, Yoona reminds me of outsiders meets Rosie the riveter for some reason. :lol: Sica's pants are nice too.

Also just Taeyeon and Sunny's amazing butt shake abilities make it good.  :)2

Dat hip action.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:03 AM »
That strobe light effect is actually what makes me think it's green screen the most, because while it changes the background, which as shown by the OPVs can be a non-manual visual effect, the girls themselves do not change with the lighting AT ALL. Even on the big screenshots posted by ebc there's absolutely no change between when the strobe light is on and when it's off. In reality the change in lighting contrast should change the position of the shadows on their bodies, as well as making the glow on the side of the strobe light go away. It doesn't.

The 2Dness in DS12's OPV only becomes apparent when the camera does a side to side pan, and it's not even that obvious during the first pre-chorus.  All of the shots in Bad Girl are stationary or zooms, so as long as they filmed from that angle, which isn't hard as none of the camera angles are positioned to catch the cameras of another, no 2Dness would be apparent.(Similarly, you can tell which shots are CG and which aren't in Visual Dreams by seeing which ones have a side to side pan) Changing the background of the green screen to match the different camera angles isn't hard because you can inherently pan through CG backgrounds. One of the things that actually seems off to me about Bad Girl is that the angle of the girls to the ground and the angle of the pillars to the ground doesn't seem to match on the low-angle wide shots in the garage. XD (But that could be just a camera lens thing, so it's not trustworthy evidence for either side)

I'd also like to point out Tokkaiko Junjou. Its dance shot has shadows and everything, but it turns out the harbor setting is a backdrop of some sort because in the full version grey skies have suddenly turned into an orange sunset. Including the lighting on the girls! The lighting change is definitely a visual effect because it's all grey skies in the making of. (Buaaaaaa H!P with better production values!?  :lol:)
BTW, how do I disable automatic Youtube embed? I wanted to just make them urls.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:53:29 AM by Rayle »

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms