JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream

Author Topic: Rules & Guide to posting pictures  (Read 25412 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Rules & Guide to posting pictures
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »
About posting pictures in the SNSD section

1. PICTURE SIZES

If your image is larger than 1000 pixels in width, PREFERABLY USE THUMBNAILS!!
Or use the following code to resize the image:
Code: [Select]
[img width=750]url here [/img]It can be clicked back to the original size and the number can be changed to fit your taste (but under 1000)!

Use thumbnails if you are posting more than one or two large images!

2. GIFS

Try not to direct link gifs larger than 2MB (and even 2MB is huge).

Take into account how many gifs are already on the page! Think of the poor souls with a slower Internet or capped Internet. You would make it practically impossible for them to browse and take part in posting.

You can use thumbnails for huge gifs, and you can even link them separately, like this: "Here's a cute gif of yoona dancing: www.yoona.com/yoona.gif"

Hint: The jphip picroda creates thumbnails!

3. QUOTING POSTS

If you mean to comment on pictures that were posted right above your reply, you really really don't need to quote the pictures. Even removing the img codes from the quote so that only the urls can be seen helps a lot to keep browsing easy.
Quoting gifs is even worse than quoting pictures, so proceed with caution.
Quoting pics to a new page is not bad. But we really don't need to see the same picture for 3 times in a row.

4. REPEAT POSTINGS

Avoid posting pictures several posts in a row in the same thread! Modify a previous post instead of making a new one, if there haven't been new replies since your previous post and it hasn't been a couple days. When you post several times in a row, it makes you look like a spammer.

POSTS THAT FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL BE MODIFIED OR DELETED IN THE FUTURE.
READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES!

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:00:27 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline strider_mark27

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SNSD NUDES
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
sorry, mate... didn't notice i spammed a whole page of thread... it's all because of this "twinkle" excitement...
i think i am exhibiting soshi deprivation...

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Hear hear!!!

At first, I usually don't mind when I first see a new post with lots of yummy gifs, but then I realise what an awful pain it is checking the thread for subsequent posts. I mean, it takes long for the page to load just so I can read the new posts that I want to, it burns through my limited internets quickly and it shouldn't even be a thing to reply, but all that loading makes it so!!!

So please, for the sake of us poor people with crappy internet, post it as thumbnails. If it was Soshi boobs/legs/tummy/ass/whatever, I would be just as inclined to click the thumbnail to see the deliciousness erupt. Just give me the option to do that :3

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »
NOT EVERYONE HAS FAST INTERNET. TRY NOT TO DIRECT LINK GIFS LARGER THAN 3MB.

I think 500kb (or maybe 1MB) should be the limit for direct linked gifs.

In any case, be sensible!  :yep: Thumbnails are our friends, both for gifs and pics!  XD

Offline WootZ

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:38 PM »
Nice Thread title.. I really Thought that this thread contains NUDES..HAhahahaha...
Too excited to gain acess to Perv forum xD

"NOT EVERYONE HAS FAST INTERNET. TRY NOT TO DIRECT LINK GIFS LARGER THAN 3MB."

-So true..I have difficulty in browsing in some threads here.. Because of my deym slow internet T_T

Offline Girugamesh

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
Oh, that's how you do it. I knew there was a way just didn't know how to do it.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Rules & Guide to posting pictures
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
Well, here's an example of a bad post:

I'm glad you like her eyes. But when you post it like this, I can only see ONE EYE. You see the problem, yes? :lol:

Going to edit the first post a bit less capslocky + add another important bit...

Offline wenty

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
how do you post pictures? is there a way to post images without making it an attachment?

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »
^ When you make a post there are a bunch of icons above the smileys. One of them is the mona-lisa which adds the image tag for you.
Syntax: [img]URL[/img]
URL=The address of the image, so for example http://www.somexyzdomain.org/imagename.jpg
So that means your picture needs to be on the internet somewhere. If that's not the case then there are various image hosting services (search for them), currently popular seem to be imgur.com and imgbox.com as well as tinypic.com but there are many more. Try to use one that allows hotlinking and has no auto-deletion (at least not auto-deletion if the pics get accessed once in a while).
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
The rules have been updated so read the first post again, thanks!!

Offline babyl0nkns

• ecchi
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 11:42:46 AM »
so where to see those pictures and gifs??  :? :? :?

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream