JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXO-K - History

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1000590 times)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 20, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
^ is that the whole thing? no espanol :grin:
no info about it... i think it is

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #1401 on: August 21, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
Get your shit straight, Ubisoft! :P

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1402 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:00 AM »
I almost bought a premium civ from AoEO. I might still do it.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1403 on: August 21, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »
I'm thinking about pre-ordering the new Assassins Creed

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1404 on: August 21, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
AoEO is showing me that my RTS skills arent even close to snuff.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1405 on: August 21, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
WAOWWW I can get a free pet if I subscribe to Dofus today :shocked: :rofl:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1406 on: August 21, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »
I overwrote my 96.77% game!

I still have the achievements, but I gotta do most of those achievement-earning activities again just to reach 100%.  :banghead:
A rant on my favorite game ever, a game I thought I would never have any complaints towards...Bully for 360.
I understand doing those activities to get me the achievements, but at the same time, some of them are so random that I don't understand the point of them counting towards 100% completion.  I know there are players who refer to guides, but what about those players that don't? The ones that want to do everything by themselves? How the hell is that player gonna figure out that he/she needs to drink 100 sodas or fail five classes in order to get 100%?! There's really no indication of that in the game.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1407 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »
I have that same issue with games like Final Fantasy, where sometimes finding rare weapons and items is so obscure that you can't possibly do it without a guide. Like FFXII for example, the only way to get one of the best weapons in the game is if you complete it without opening a single treasure chest. How could you possibly know that until it's too late?

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1408 on: August 22, 2011, 06:50:26 AM »
I used to do one pikafail playthrough, then do it 'properly' afterwards, but recently I have been finding in some games it's less possible to do this, or there's certain conditions, blah blah D:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1409 on: August 22, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »
Depends on the game for me if I want to complete it 100%. Something like LA Noire I wanted to find all the clues but missing the questions didnt bother me unless I only got like 1.

It might also be just I don't care about 100% a game anymore. Maybe because as a kid I had the time or the patience  :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1410 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
When I first got my xbox I was like "bah achievements, I don't care about a stupid number to show off" but meanwhile I found for certain games that I really like I will go at some lengths to do one or another task that I wouldn't normally do to get an achievement. But there are still limits to what I will do. And I don't do it for the GS but rather for the game completion.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1411 on: August 22, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
Been looking at selling some old games of mine and I didn't realise you could play Morrowind, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Shenmue 2 on the 360. Granted I'll maybe put them on now and again for nostalgia purposes but still, they're important games that have a lot of meaning to me, and I'm not gonna part with them. I would absolutely play more of PGR2, except the radio stations in it don't work anymore! Seriously disappointing :(

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1412 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »
xbox emulation on 360 is complete balls D:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1413 on: August 23, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Yes. YES.....

YES!!

Sega has announced standalone downloadable game Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

It's set for release in summer 2012.

It contains an overhaul of the game's mechanics, balance and animations. There are new game modes (one-on-one online battle and new single-player mode), new arenas (including those with fences and walls that are different for every round) and customisable character items.

Two new characters have been added to the roster: Taka-Arashi from Virtua Fighter 3 and an all-new character, Jean Kujo.

Meanwhile, Final Showdown implements simplified controls for new players.

This is fucking awesome, I thought it would never come. Would like a disc release or as DLC to VF5, but I'm cool with this. My favourite fighting game lives on. Fuck your Street Fighter :P

Pretty awesome Portal fan film here:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:05:35 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1414 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:39 PM »
You know what's weird? I watched a video of the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection for the PS3 and I was thinking of the epic moments in SOTC. But when it came to ICO, I couldn't remember anything about it. I know of Yorda, how you hold her hand and navigate through a castle, solving puzzles and keeping shadow monsters away. But specific puzzles? Locations? The story (which to be fair was incredibly minimalistic as a design choice anyway)? Not a thing. Does anyone else know of a game which yoou know you've played, enjoyed but looking back you can't remember a thing about it? XD

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1415 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
I do. Green Beret on the NES (Rush'n Attack in the vid).
I remember it was really fun, cos I played it co-op with my cousin. And it felt awfully hard then.

But other than that, I don't think I've thought of it at all in the past 5-10 years.
And only remember it existed, recently from this clip. I have no idea what happens in the game or how it plays.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1416 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »
High street stores coming under some serious flak from the public lately. Most notably Gamestop, who gave out explicit instructions to it's employees to go remove an OnLive voucher from the PC version of Deus Ex : Human Revolution which would allow people who bought the game to play the original Deus Ex free, then sealing it up and selling it an 'New'. The reasoning is that Gamestop will have a similar service released next year and OnLive is it's competitor. But it's released next year! How does that hamper sales?! I think it's ridiculous, it's like the equivalent of going in and ripping pages out of an artbook that comes with a Collectors Edition, because those images don't fit the corporate image. Or removing the Online Pass that's needed to play multiplayer games these days and then sell those as seperate. The latter may sound crazy enough for it to come true.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond, GAME (the UK equivalent of Gamestop) are pressuring publishers about Steam sales. GAME basically want at least one month from release date where games cant be purchased by Steam users in the UK. This applies to all their games. If the publishers don't cooperate, then GAME will just flat out refuse to sell their game in any of their stores.

Both of these actions seem to signal just how tought it must be for them. With e-Commerce and supermarkets even selling games, usually for cheaper, the high street stores are losing their authority in the market and may even go under. Doing stuff like this doesn't help them.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1417 on: August 26, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »
I have to admit I've never bought a single game directly in a videogame store! I used mail order as long as I can think.
Meanwhile I almost exclusively buy over amazon, sometimes ebay.

I'm liking this game more and more! COCKBLOCKED!!! XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1418 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:42 AM »
^ That is great! :w00t: I love me some crazy over the top moments that make me laugh, so a game with a sword long enough to pierce through the Earth is pretty awesome in itself. Looking better the more I see of it. The cockblocked moment was funny too :lol:

Captured this moment from DIRT3. Had I drifted just milliseconds later, my car would have fallen into the River Thames :lol: As it is, the back of my car just stops before the edge. :o

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1419 on: August 27, 2011, 08:35:47 PM »
Double quote cause that's how pissed off I am with this game right now :lol:

Picked up playing Tactics Ogre again after a month or so of not playing it and fuck me, I'm still struggling. I think this game really punishes you for wanting to experiment with other team mates/classes. I can't even build my class levels up because the enemies are just relentless. Or even worse, any time I'm dealing with monsters like dragons or those octopus things, I have characters that can only deal 1 dmg point to them when attacking, meaning I have to rely on my wizard, except he can't kill them fast enough with the amount of turns it takes to regen MP for the powerful spells, by which the dragon uses that fucking tail whip and most likely kills the wizard or my only healer...

Fuck this. I want to like this game, I really do, but it's like I put in 40 mins of work (cause that's what it feels like right about now) and lose all my progress because the enemies are just too strong for me to handle. Maybe I need better...tactics? lol
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:41:55 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXO-K - History