JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - ON MY WAY

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997784 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1460 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:10 AM »
Funky Student mini-game. Now.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Online john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1461 on: September 10, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
 :bleed eyes: got an email today from gamestop about the mw3 elite edition or something...the one with the free year of elite, hardened (lol) edition, founder status (wtf is that) and whatever else - monday i'm gonna go and see if i can pay the difference and upgrade my preorder (i already payed off the normal edition)...

i redeemed points from my gamestop rewards - im getting a killzone 3 helghast tshirt  :twothumbs

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1462 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »
Last night I started Chrono Trigger DS and just now spent an unreasonable amount of time farming money at the fair right at the beginning of the game, to buy me that 4000G expensive sword, that I will probably find lying around in a chest somewhere for free... anyway, now I have it, my characters are leveled up and pimped out with all available gear and I moved on, killing monsters with one hit!
I wonder how far you could go with this, I'm sure there are some freaks leveling even more and can completely overleveld sleepwalk through the rest of the game, ok it would take an immense amount of time to do this (each battle only gives you 10EXP)

Finished Alice Madness Returns on Nightmare (and I didn't cheat!), played the whole game a second time to search all the stuff I missed the first time around. Unfortunately I still couldn't find everything to get the last 3 Achievements I need for completing it 100%. Now I really want to make it my second complete game, but I don't want to play three whole worlds AGAIN to see if I find the three missing items (a swine snout, a memory and a Radula Room). But I want to complete the game... and I don't want to cheat... argh what should I do, stupid gamers pride!  :lol:

I also played a bit Portal 2 and felt right at home and installed Resonance of Fate to check if I can read the text on my tv, but it still has to wait, I don't want to play two RPG's at the same time. Tried the El Shaddai demo a second time, this time I somehow managed to play it to the end, but it only proved to me more: this is not my game!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1463 on: September 11, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
Just completed Bastion. Absolutely fantastic and based on a pivotal choice in the end level, it makes for one powerful story telling scene that's all done through gameplay and without the use of any cutscenes. When I saw it happen, it was really affecting to me.

Without wanting to give too much away at the end either, there are 2 endings to choose but what's good about it is that there is no good or bad ending, there's justification in both and that to me, makes it  much more interesting and a much harder choice to make than you would see in any other game.

I love this game, I think it's the best on XBLA and it'll even take some doing by other games to push it out as my GOTY choice.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:59:54 PM by Tuffty »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1464 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »
^ I've been playing Bastion as well. I haven't finished it yet but I am enjoying the same aspects as you. There are a few plot points that I am sorta confused on but hopefully they clear up when I finish the game.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1465 on: September 12, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »
Nice one zomb. I won't talk anymore about Bastion til you complete it, best to let your form your own opinion on it. But make sure to let me know what you thought about it! I want to be able to talk to someone else about it :lol:

From Resonance of Fate as you begin a fight:

Leanne: You want me on offence or defence?
Vashyron: Leanne goes both ways! Good to know..
Zephyr: Hey save it why don't ya?!

Oh this game. :lol: There's a cutscene in the current chapter I'm on that's crazy. Seriously, it's just outright bizarre and hilarious.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #1466 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »
Traded in some games for Infamous 2 the other day and I have to say it was definitely a wise choice. 25% through and I am absolutely loving it just like I did with my free Infamous game XD This was worth the trade in of a few other games

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1467 on: September 12, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »

Oh this game. :lol: There's a cutscene in the current chapter I'm on that's crazy. Seriously, it's just outright bizarre and hilarious.

Are you playing with the english or japanese voicetrack?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1468 on: September 12, 2011, 01:16:44 PM »
Stuck with just my PSP and Netbook till the rest of my stuff arrives. You don't miss it till it's not available. Been playing Wipeout Pure mostly - it's a good timewaster.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1469 on: September 12, 2011, 08:01:28 PM »

Are you playing with the english or japanese voicetrack?

English. Makes for some hilariously bad lip syncing but whatever :lol:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1470 on: September 12, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »

I want a Welsh Corgi.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1471 on: September 13, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »

All the more reason why I want to play Dead Rising.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1472 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1473 on: September 14, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

ATATATATATATA

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1474 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
First Max Payne 3 footage:

Interesting. Got chills hearing the theme and the voice once again, just the character and setting might take some getting used to. I do hope the story isn't told via gameplay footage as you see in the trailer. One of the big things I liked about the previous games was the graphic novel presentation.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1475 on: September 15, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
I know meowchi will love to hear that DOA5 is a real thing coming 2012

Dead or Alive 5 will be released in 2012 for box 360 and PlayStation 3, Team Ninja has announced at a Tokyo presentation.

In a shambolic demonstration before the Tokyo Games Show kicks off, Team Ninja unveiled the latest in its long-running series of one-on-one brawlers.

A demo starring Ryu Habayusa revealed a bigger emphasis on the environment, with debris flying through a destroyed cityscape that played a part in several slow-mo attacks.

Team Ninja also revealed a key image that's set to define the game, scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next year. It showed a close-up of a female fighter drenched in sweat - pointing towards a possible return to the series' fixation with certain elements of the female form.

The developer promised an evolution of the genre, focusing on fighting as entertainment and delivering first class visuals.

Sweat = Evolution :lol:

Offline bonjourhello

• GOODDAYHELLO
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1476 on: September 15, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »
Looks like theres gunna be a katamari game for the Vita

another reason to get a one? = w= :heart:

Online john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1477 on: September 15, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
:bleed eyes: got an email today from gamestop about the mw3 elite edition or something...the one with the free year of elite, hardened (lol) edition, founder status (wtf is that) and whatever else - monday i'm gonna go and see if i can pay the difference and upgrade my preorder (i already payed off the normal edition)...

i redeemed points from my gamestop rewards - im getting a killzone 3 helghast tshirt  :twothumbs

upgraded to the hardened edition - i get an email for the dlc codes before the general public  :cow: feck yes and gears 3 comes out on tuesday  :twothumbs

oh yeah i decided to buy bulletstorm for the hell of it - game is fuckin' fun and all the stuff the general or whoever he is says (cock monkeys lol) makes me  :rofl:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1478 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:29 AM »

Snow in FF13-2...at least he's not wearing that do-rag. it looks like he's wearing a girl's blouse though

And Hope...lol I'm not sure but as long as they give him some use in this game then I'm okay with him.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1479 on: September 16, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
Snow and Hope!! *____* They look so awesome!!!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - ON MY WAY