JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 670022 times)

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #460 on: November 20, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »
^ NICE num2son. Is that the hidden tribute track Masa was talking about?
No dont think so, that song was on a mixtape

These are three new songs from the 8 diamgrams album these came from the Wake Up Show (radio rip)

wu-tang clan - stick me for my riches edit ft. gerald alton.mp3 - 4.16MB

wu-tang clan - windmill.mp3 - 4.07MB

wu-tang clan - wolves edit ft. george clinton.mp3 - 4.05MB

Designed by Miichan

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2007, 05:24:42 PM »
More new Wu-Tang songs!

Wu-Tang Clan - Rushing Elephants
http://sharebee.com/761bcc1e

Wu-Tang Clan - Starter
http://sharebee.com/767a8f87

Wu-Tang Clan - Unpredictable
http://sharebee.com/b07c8085

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #462 on: November 22, 2007, 08:47:19 PM »
For those who don't have it yet

Saigon - Moral of the Story Mixtape

http://www2.evilshare.com/79cdd7b0-e93f-102a-a517-00a0c993e9d6
http://rapidshare.com/files/71112724/Saigon-The_Moral_Of_The_Story-2007-WR_INT.rar

And he's already quitting rap...

----------

Cunninglynguists - Dirty Acres (retail)

CunninLynguists - Dirty Acres

Label................: Bad Taste Records
        Genre................: Hip-Hop
        Store Date...........: Nov-27-2007
        Source...............: CDDA
        Size.................: 62,1 MB
        Total Playing Time...: 46:15

Release Notes:

All Tracks Produced By Kno.... (DJ Kno is sick)

01. Never (feat. Big Rube)                                         03:06
     02. Valley Of Death                                                  02:36
     03. Dirty Acres                                                        04:02
     04. Kentucky (Interlude)                                           00:50
     05. K.K.K.Y.                                                            02:19
     06. Wonderful (feat. Devin The Dude)                          03:27
     07. Yellow Lines (feat. Phonte & Witchdoctor)               04:56
     08. The Park (Fresh Air) (feat. Chizuko Yoshihiro)           03:18
     09. Summer's Gone                                                   01:49
     10. They Call Me (Interlude)                                       00:44
     11. Gun (feat. Sheisty Khrist)                                     03:14
     12. Dance For Me                                                     03:20
     13. Georgia                                                             03:51
     14. Things I Dream                                                   04:18
     15. Mexico (feat. club Dub)                                        04:25

http://www.twitter.com/?d=2Y7RN0WT
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ip6fzq
http://rapidshare.com/files/71346058/Cunlyn-DirAcr.rar
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:59:00 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #463 on: November 23, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »
pretty funny
Rap represented in mathematical charts and graphs.  You can click on the chart to see what song they're referring to.
http://jamphat.com/rap/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:02:05 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams
Rls Date : Nov-24-2007
Street Date: Dez-07-2007
Rls Type : Album
Company : edel
Genre : Hip-Hop
Source : CDDA
Tracks : 16

Encoder : LAME 3.97 V2: preset standard
Quality : VBRkbps / 44.1kHz / Joint-Stereo
Bitrate : avg. 173kbps

01 Campfire 03:59
02 Take it back 04:12
03 get them out ya way pa 04:18
04 rushing elephants 03:01
05 unpredictable feat dexter wiggle 04:12
06 the heart gently weeps feat erykah badu dhani 05:37
harrison and john frusciante
07 wolves feat george clinton 04:16
08 gun will go feat sunny valentine 04:15
09 sunlight 03:22
10 stick me for my riches 06:08
11 starter feat sunny valentine and tashmahogany 04:13
12 windmill 04:31
13 weak spot 03:58
14 life changes 07:21
15 tar pit 04:57
16 16th chamber o.d.b special 02:45

http://rapidshare.com/files/71901906/WTC8DR07MOD.tar

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:23:47 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
HOLY SHIT!!!! O0

Props homes!!! The most anticipated album OF THE YEAR IS HERE!!!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
Thanks for the hookup, Masa. :thumbsup

Some real hip-hop in this day and age instead of all that cookie cutter, no talent bullshit thats being played these days.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!
I waited for the album to come out to really listen to everything.  Meth is all over the album!  I wonder why Ghost isn't on Life Changes.... =(

Anyways, some albums that are going to be Overshadowed by the Wu =P

Beanie Sigel - The Solution

01. All Of The Above Ft. R. Kelly 4:14
02. Bout That 3:31
03. You Ain't Ready For Me Ft. Styles P 3:18
04. Go Low Ft. Rock City 4:30
05. Gutted Ft. Jay-Z 4:07
06. Pass The Patron Ft. Diddy, Ghostface Killah And Peedi Crakk 3:33
07. I'm In 3:12
08. Hustlas, Haze And Highways 3:57
09. What They Gon Say To Me 3:43
10. Judgment Day Ft. Ozzy Osbourne 3:35
11. Rain (Bridge) Ft. Scarface And Raheem Devaughn 5:37
12. Dear Self Ft. James Blunt 3:18
13. Prayer Ft. Raheem Devaughn
http://www.zshare.net/download/5151469b7b89d4/

Wyclef Jean - The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant

1.Intro
2.Riot (Feat. Serj Tankian & Sizzla)
3.Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)(Feat. Akon, Lil Wayne & Niia)
4.Welcome To The East(Feat. Sizzla)
5.Slow Down (Feat. T.I.)
6.King And Queen (Feat. Shakira)
7.Fast Car (Feat. Paul Simon)
8.What About The Baby(Feat. Mary J. Blige)
9.Hollywood Meets Bollywood (Immigration)(Feat. Chamillionaire)
10.Any Other Day (Feat. Norah Jones)
11.Heaven's In New York
12.Selena(Feat. Melissa Jimenez)
13.Touch Your Button Carnival Jam(Feat. Will.i.am, Melissa Jimenez, Machel Montano & Daniela Mercury
14.Outro
15.On Tour (Feat. Lucina) [Bonus]
16.China Wine (Feat. Sun, Elephant Man, & Tony Matterhorn) [Bonus]
http://www.zshare.net/download/512915607330dd/

-----

Raekwon & RZA Settle Differences
The argument between him and Rae was just some disagreement. They settled it four days ago. Rae thought the music was too worldly. He wanted a more Punch You In Your Face type album. While RZA’s view was more like we already did that with OB4CLII, which is coming after this. They had to just trust RZA on his view, which even took GZA sometime.

In bigger news RZA responds to the allegations of money taking. He claims to have never taking money from anybody. He has paid all his bills and has no debts. And Rae’s comments had hurt him right in the gut. A bigger press conference thing is coming.
Listen here:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2877790-eb9
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:40:06 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »
hey guys, do they still have that Wu-Tang mixtape? I still haven't got it yet and would love to hear it..

MASA!!! Once again you make my day! How do you do it? XD

Offline num2son

• Member+
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2007, 02:10:40 AM »
hey guys, do they still have that Wu-Tang mixtape? I still haven't got it yet and would love to hear it..

http://sharebee.com/1b5f6a50

Designed by Miichan

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2007, 08:10:33 AM »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Big Dough Rehab

Listen to the Clean Version
http://music.defjam.com/www2/av_play...&cms_site_id=1

interview with miss info.  he gives a track by track breakdown.

This is the clean version Download.
01. (00:01:06) Ghostface Killah - At the Cabana Skit (Feat. Rhythm Roots Allstars)
02. (00:03:02) Ghostface Killah - Barrell Brothers (Feat. Beanie Sigel & Styles P)
03. (00:03:13) Ghostface Killah - Yolanda's House (Feat. Raekwon & Method Man)
04. (00:04:13) Ghostface Killah - We Celebrate (Feat. Kid Capri)
05. (00:03:32) Ghostface Killah - Walk Around
06. (00:03:40) Ghostface Killah - Yapp City (Feat. Trife Da God and Sun God)
07. (00:04:07) Ghostface Killah - White Linen Affair (Toney Awards) (Feat. Shawn Wigs)
08. (00:03:39) Ghostface Killah - Supa GFK
09. (00:03:14) Ghostface Killah - Rec-Room Therapy (Feat. Raekwon and U-God)
10. (00:01:24) Ghostface Killah - The Prayer (Feat. Ox)
11. (00:03:06) Ghostface Killah - I'll Die For You
12. (00:05:37) Ghostface Killah - Paisley Darts (Feat. Raekwon, Sun God, Trife Da God, Method Man, & Cappadonna)
13. (00:03:44) Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog (Starring Lolita) (Feat. Raekwon)
14. (00:03:38) Ghostface Killah - Killa Lipstick (Feat. Method Man & Masta Killa)
15. (00:02:36) Ghostface Killah - Slow Down (Feat. Chrisette Michele)
http://rapidshare.com/files/72795708/ghost.rar

EDIT

Ghostface Killah - Big Doe Rehab (Dirty Retail)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3bogrq
http://rapidshare.com/files/72951418/GhoKil-ThBiDoReh.rar
http://www.twitter.com/?d=LJ3L1SJX
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 02:14:36 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #472 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:13 AM »
Props Mocha for da big doe rehab!!

Been listening to 8 Diagrams. I gotta feeling this ain't the official product. RZA's verse in "Life Changes" had wack production.

But yeah...they don't even have video yet. They're not even on tour and they cancelling dates. When are they gonna be on some big awards show? TRL? or some shit.

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA Insists Infighting 'Evaporates' When Crew Is Together

Rapper/producer also talks ODB-inspired new track featured on group's 8 Diagrams.

By Shaheem Reid, with reporting by Jasmine Dotiwala

"How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?" the RZA asked over the summer. A few months later, some fans are asking if his sentiments will continue to hold true.

To the dismay of Wu-Tang fans, the Clan seem to be falling apart, and RZA is in the proverbial eye of the storm when it comes to the group's open dissention. Two of the group's most vocal, flamboyant and popular members, Raekwon and Ghostface Killah, have accused the RZA of mismanaging the group's money and creative malpractice.

Rae told New York radio personality Miss Info that he and the crew craved more street-oriented beats on the new album, 8 Diagrams. Meanwhile, Ghost told MTV News that the album was "rushed," he hasn't heard good word-of-mouth about the handful of records that have leaked and, most importantly, the RZA owes him more dough than they have at your favorite pizza shop.

While others in the Clan have remained silent, one thing is for sure: The unity the group showed during the summer on the Rock the Bells Tour with Rage Against the Machine has been absent. Two weeks before what was once proclaimed to be the Clan's triumphant return December 11, the biggest buzz around 8 Diagrams has been about the group's infighting. Rae and Ghost have denounced it. There is no official single, let alone a video, and the group's promo run to push the album has been reduced to RZA telling his side of the turmoil and dragging his name out of the mud.

"It's really all good, it's just different directions," RZA told U.K. radio DJ Tim Westwood, in an interview posted online Monday. " ... Everything is back [to] peace already."

While in the U.K., the RZA also rebutted claims that he owes group members any money. "I ain't never take no money from nobody, and I don't owe nobody no money," he yelled. "Don't never say that. I pay all my bills. I work hard and pay all my bills."

In an interview with MTV Base last week, the RZA said that any discord the Wu may have is only temporary. "Over the years some of us have grown in doubt, or maybe some of us have grown creatively in different directions," he said. "But I will say that when we do come together, a lot of things just seem to evaporate. When we get on the stage together, we can have a problem 10 minutes before we get onstage. But once we're onstage, we feel like everything evaporates.

"When you read on the Internet that Ghostface is upset that his album is coming out the same day as the Wu-Tang's album, that's because after the tour, Ghost was gone for two or three months into his own world [and] we went back into our own world," RZA added. "So nobody was in synergy of what's really happening and that's what makes the problem. You've got to build every day. ... I can honestly say, though, we did come together to do this record, and it was recorded without money. Nobody got any money in the beginning to do this record — we worked the deal out later — but to sit down and do it, we were still negotiating, but every MC came to the table. Method Man came to that studio, his lawyer called him up [and said], 'Meth, don't go to the studio.' But he came. I think Method Man gave one of his most vicious, most hungriest performances in years on this album. U-God was the first one to come to the studio and said to me, 'You know brothers are trying to say that your production is on left. Let me hear what you got, brother.' I start playing the music and he was like, 'Man, we're going to be on fire. This is beautiful.' When he said that he loved the music I was producing, I knew I was on the right track, because he's the one that that really will say, 'F--- you.' I took it on face value that we all came because this is what we believe in. Now I think it's a little different, because all this flak is popping up, and it's like, 'Wow, I thought we were all on the same page.' "

That unified sentiment was the inspiration for the album's title, 8 Diagrams. RZA was watching a kung-fu movie almost 15 years ago, and the light bulb turned on. "There was a movie called 'Eight Diagram Pole Fighter,' which features a group of brothers all fighting for their country," he explained. "Their loyalty to their country and their loyalty to each other really struck a nerve to me, and when we first formed Wu-Tang Clan, we actually was called Brother Number One, Two ... Brother Number Five — that's originally how we did it. As time went on, we just took different names and abandoned that idea. For me, it's time to bring that idea back in effect, and that's what the 8 Diagrams is helping to do."

Musically, RZA's beats on 8 Diagrams were inspired by everything from the Beatles to his very own cousin, the late Ol' Dirty Bastard.

"The way I produce now is I produce more like a musician," RZA said. "In the old days, I produced more like a DJ. I didn't understand music theory at all. Now that I do understand music theory, I make my music more playable, meaning not only could you listen to it, you could get someone else to play it. Before, you couldn't even write down Wu-Tang music. I think almost 80 percent of this record can be duplicated by a band, which is important for music, because that means 10 years from now, somebody can make a whole song out of it and cover it like how I'm covering the Beatles song."

RZA's good friend, DreamWorks Records exec Michael Ostin, let the famed producer know that the Beatles' George Harrison wrote "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and Eric Clapton played guitar on the classic song. When RZA decided to redo the record, Ostin also tipped him off that Harrison's son Dhani was a huge Wu fan and would probably clear the record. Not only did the young Harrison give his sign of approval for the new interpolation — the Wu used the composition sample, not the master sample, as they did not receive permission to use the original songs as heard on the Beatles LP commonly referred to as The White Album — he played acoustic guitar on it for the RZA. Then Erykah Badu was brought in to sing vocals after Corinne Bailey Rae bowed out.

"When I heard this song, 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' ... I made this big [drug] metaphor of my own," RZA said of the Wu's version, "The Heart Gently Weeps." "It's my own imagination. I got Method Man and Raekwon to give me the illest verses. Ghostface delivered one of his best verses in years. To me, that verse is comparable to the verse on Wu-Tang Forever's 'Jamie.' I heard his best spirit in it."

You can feel the spirit of ODB on "Life Changes." The Clan pay tribute to their deceased brother, expressing how they feel about his tragic loss. " 'Life Changes' I named it because the hook is kind of saying I go through life changes," RZA said. "But really, life does change after you lose somebody so dear to you. Your whole life can change. Maybe the grass is not green anymore. Maybe the spring does not feel like the flowers are there anymore because you don't have that person there to share it with you. That's one thing that I truly miss about ODB. I think I said it in my lyric: 'It's hard to live without you.' "

"Take It Back" and "Get 'Em Out Ya Way Pa" are probably 8 Diagrams' best examples of vintage Wu wolf music — that means fans will wild out as soon as the tracks come on. But RZA insists the album isn't all about wolf music.

"I was so aggressive and so unfriendly to people at one point, and now I feel like I'm good," he said. "I can sit here, I can talk to people, I can shake hands. I feel like I'm a mature man. I think it's important for me and my crew. It's not all about making music to punch people in their face. [I want to be] making music to inspire people to stop punching each other in the face."

But how big can Wu be with a more mature, worldly sound?

"I think we're bigger than we used to be," RZA said. "I see 19-year-old kids in the audience, and I don't know how they know my music, but they're jumping up and down singing my lyrics. We did shows in 1997 — the biggest audience I've seen in front of the Wu-Tang Clan was 30,000 kids with their 'W' way up in the sky. I was real proud of that: 'Wow, we've made it.' On this last summer tour, I saw 70,000 kids do it, 100,000 kids. I mean, the biggest crowd was 115,000. So it's bigger. It's just not popular in the media. And the funny thing about that is, when Wu-Tang came out before, it wasn't popular in the media. The media totally missed it. By the time they got it, it was already platinum. I think it may happen again: By the time certain people get it, it's going to be already over here. I'm not worried. I'm feeling very confident. It's not really about the record sales, either. Record sales don't really measure the bigness or magnitude of the person. MC Hammer is the best example. He sold more records than all of us. But who wants to talk to MC Hammer?"

ROFL, source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1575174/20071127/wu_tang_clan.jhtml

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2007, 04:39:27 AM »
dang, so much albums are coming out!  Still got Lupe's the Cool!

Hi-Tek : Hi-Teknology 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?0byvbzxls3d

Styles P - Super Gangster extraordinary Gentleman
http://rs6.rapidshare.com/files/72913564/Styles_P_supergangster.rar
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 05:11:09 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »
Exclusive: Ghostface Q&A

A decade ago, the Wu-Tang Clan and Ghostface dropping new music within a week of each other would have been cause for a national hip-hop holiday. Unfortunately, in 2007, it only heightened tensions between Wu members already bickering about everything from compensation to the musical direction of the group’s upcoming album, 8 Diagrams. Rhapsody had a chance to sit down with Pretty Toney while he was promoting his seventh album, Big Doe Rehab. We got his thoughts on the inspiration for his ghetto stories, on G-Unit's Tony Yayo’s claims that Ghost may not be the author of Supreme Clientele, and on where things currently stand with the RZA and the Wu.

RHAPSODY: When you’re telling stories like “Maxine” or “Alex (Stolen Scripts),” are they inspired by real-life experiences?

Ghostface: When I hear a certain type of music, it brings certain things out. I’m an artist. I’m a real poet. Whatever the beat makes me see, I’ll go write. It might sound like a murder. It might sound like a real snowy day, or kids having fun in the snow. It might sound like “The Sun.” “Maxine” was a true story. It was based upon what happened with fiends in the projects. Crackheads is funny. They be doin’ all types of dumb s**t. You gotta watch ‘em. They sneak things from you.

What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever seen a crackhead do?

Just anything. These m*th*rf*ck*rs dance for crack. Some of them do anything you tell ‘em to do. M*th*rf*ck*rs spin on their head on concrete for a f*ck*n’ rock.

So when you’re constructing a story like “Maxine,” how long does it take to write?

Sometimes it takes a long time. It depends on how much you keep going back to it. I might write a page and then don’t go back to it for like two weeks or three weeks. It just depends on what comes that day.

What was it like collaborating with Mobb Deep on classics like “Right Back at You”?

That was early days. I don’t remember none of that sh*t. We were just in the studio. I think they had that sh*t already done and we just came and tagged on it. I wasn’t there when [Big] Noyd finished it off. Also, somebody else was on it from Staten Island. N*gg*s cut ‘em off, and put me and Rae [Raekwon] on. It was my man. I don’t want to put him out there or blow him up, though. It was one of the dudes they were f*ck*n’ with at the time.

Did you have a relationship with Hav and P before that? There were a lot of Wu-Mobb collaborations early on in your careers.

No, it was just being cool. We heard that beat, liked that beat, and it was like, "Yo, let us get that space.”

In a recent interview Tony Yayo said Superb had written Supreme Clientele.

Yeah, I was in Europe when I heard that. That’s just nonsense. I still put mad sh*t out. ‘Perb was ‘Perb, Ghost was Ghost. ‘Perb is Rae’s man. He been in the studio a few times while we’re doing sh*t. He ain’t write sh*t. All ‘Perb contributed was a couple of lines that you could put in the air. When we write, we all do that. “Say this one right here” or “Put this one right here.” We all catch lines with each other ‘cause you in the studio. You got n*gg*s around you that write. Even if he did write a verse, he could never make an album of mine. He couldn’t make an album, you feel me? I made Supreme Clientele what it is. Those are my stories, based around whatever they’re based upon. It’s me. I can’t see what songs ‘Perb wrote. He ain’t write “Mighty Healthy” or “One” or “Apollo Kids” or “Cherchez LaGhost” or “Saturday Nite” or “Malcolm.” But, Yayo can suck a fat d*ck. Tell him I said that.

Do you still work with Superb?

Superb been in jail for like four or five years. He started getting high and one day he tried to steal my DAT with all the songs from Bulletproof Wallets. N*gg*s f*ck*d him up. We knew he had it. He was being sneaky. I don’t know what he was trying to do with it, but he had it. That’s that, though. It’s like with Yayo, I don’t know what the f*ck he talkin’ about.

Sean C and LV produced six songs off your new album including “We Celebrate.” What led to them doing so many tracks?

They worked on “Momma” off Fishscale. They had a lot of nice [beats]. I [had] said to myself I was going to go hard on my next one. ‘Cause you never know what the fans want. They trick you. Once you give ‘em this, they don’t want that because they looking for this. For me, I had a hard time selling records. So it’s like, “You know what, f*ck all this other sh*t. Let me just go for what these people know me for and go hard.”

Did you like the tracks they did on American Gangster?

American Gangster is cool. As a matter fact, I did have one of those beats on one of my [beats] CDs, but I never used it. I think it might have been the Marvin Gaye-sampled “American Dreamin’.” For whatever reasons, I ain’t pick it. Maybe I didn’t see the vision at that time. That’s what happens.

Shifting to the upcoming Wu album, how would you say the music on 8 Diagrams measures up to classics like “Da Mystery of Chessboxin’”?

Could never match up. You crazy?!

Raekwon recently had voiced his displeasure with 8 Diagrams’ musical direction. Are you happy with how the album came out?

That s**t is wack. I heard RZA was changing some of the beats around the last minute. I didn’t hear that. I don’t know what y’all listening to out there. I never heard it. I’m with Raekwon.

Both you and Rae had spoken about being owed money by the Wu hierarchy. RZA stated in an interview with Tim Westwood that he doesn’t owe anyone money.

I just won my court case from them n*gg*s. The suit been in there for three years. So put that out there. They just lost their f*ck*n’ case. So who don’t owe who money? Let’s get it straight, RZA. That’s all I’m sayin’, baby. It was a loss, they lost. L-O-S-T. That’s really it.

How you and RZA’s relationship now?

I don’t see RZA, man. That n*gg*’s real sneaky. I love him, though. Ain’t no bad blood. Ain’t nobody doing no bad to him. It’s just that you can’t get money with a n*gg*.

http://blog.rhapsody.com/2007/11/exclusive-ghost.html

SOHH Exclusive: Ghostface "Isn't Co-Signing" New Wu-Tang CD, "It Ain't Come Out Right"

Veteran rhyme slinger Ghostface Killah has once again re-emerged and is ready to drop more jewels with his latest effort, The Big Doe Rehab. In his usually colorful form, Tony Starks chopped it up with SOHH about how Wu-Tang Clan's comeback disc almost came out the same day as his new album, the Clan's beef with Rza and taking his family to rehab.

After dropping More Fish last December, Ghost went back to the lab and cooked up his 7th solo disc, The Big Doe Rehab, an album that he says took it's own turn and detoured a bit from his original vision.

"It was supposed to be, more or less, it's me again," Ghost explained to SOHH. "I was gonna do the album by myself but as time went on, I started to hear Rae[kwon] on a few of the tracks and ni**as wanted to get on. They wanted to be a part of it. Then I started to go back and see where I could fit everybody in. I started to think, like, where I could put Meth[od Man], where I could put U-God. I already knew where I wanted Rae to be so, it just kinda worked like that."

In addition to his Wu brethren making guest appearances on the set, Ghostdini also linked up with New York staple, DJ Kid Capri, on the disc's lead single, "Celebrate." The single has been gaining momentum leading up to the CD's December 4 release date, the same date that Wu-Tang's album 8 Diagrams was originally slated to hit shelves, before moving to the following Tuesday (December 11). Seeming to be a conflict of interest, Ghost explained that he was not budging on the date, no matter who was dropping.

"I've had that date since like last June and the Clan album was supposed to been came out," Ghost said of the possible showdown. "It was supposed to drop in August, then October and I guess it wasn't making the deadlines or whatever, and it was like, what the @#*$ are ya'll doing? I kinda felt like I was being sabotaged."

"Rza and Divine didn't want me to drop this year," Ghost added. "They wanted it to be all about the Wu and it seemed like a lot of funny sh*t was going on. They were trying to act like it was going to hurt me [to drop on the same day.] I'm like, c'mon man, I'm comfortable with my project. I don't give a @#*$ when my album drops. Whenever it drops, it's going to be solid."

The Wally Champ also took time to shed some light on the Clan's seemingly ongoing beef with crew leader RZA.

"Rza ain't listening," Ghost revealed. "He wanted to make [8 Diagrams] how he wanted it and it ain't come out right. He wanna always do the whole thing himself, produce the whole album. We're like, let's bring in some other producers too. Bring in Kanye, bring in Pharell. You ain't gotta do the whole thing yourself. He wanna make his own instruments and @#!* and it sounded real horrible."

"So now it's like when fans come up to me like, 'Ghost, why you let them put that out,' it's like nah, we ain't taking the blame for that," Ghost continued. "That's what Rae was saying. We ain't co-signing that. It's like, the game is different. It's not how it was 10 years ago. We're trying to tell him, you can't just put a Wu-Tang album out and just think it's gonna sell just because. We been gone for what, six years? It's hard to win new ni**as. A lot of the fans now was in @#*$ing diapers when we first started doing this. That's why a ni**a like me drop every year. I stay relevant."

Ghostface's The Big Doe Rehab hits shelves on December 4 via Def Jam Recordings.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/13111

Offline hide321

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Jreggae respect
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
I love Ghostface, but I disagree sorely on his assessment for 8 Diagrams.  Still...Ghostface is that dude :pimp:

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2007, 09:45:45 PM »
Former Jay-Z Associate De-Haven Tells His Side

De-Haven Irby is a onetime drug dealer and former friend of Jay-Z’s from Brooklyn’s Marcy Houses projects. He came out swinging against the emcee in a series of YouTube videos (see above) released in August and September, accusing him of turning his back on the people who helped make him famous and exaggerating his gangster credentials. Jay fired back on the song “No Hook” from his new album American Gangster: “Fuck De-Haven for cavin’, that's why we don't speak,” he raps. “Made men ain't supposed to make statements. End of the story, I followed the code, cracked the safe. Other n****s ain't in the game so they practice hate. Leave that boy Hov alone, why don't ya.” Irby, 38, is now promoting a forthcoming book and DVD, which he says compile testimony from other disenchanted former Jay associates. He spoke with Vulture about what Jay was like in grade school (not much of basketball player) and their time living together (they shared women and got the drip). Jay declined comment through a Universal Music publicist.

In the video for his new hit single “Roc Boys (And the Winner Is),” Jay talks about a crew of Marcy hustlers called the Roc Boys. Were you a Roc Boy?

I have no idea what a Roc Boy is, actually. I guess that’s something new that they’re coming up with now. There was no crew back in ’88; it was just me and him, so I don’t know how he got “Roc Boys.”

How did you and Jay meet?

We lived in the same building, on the same floor in the Marcy projects, and we went to [elementary] school together. He was a year ahead of me.

What was he like back then?
He was hanging with some “school”guys. Nerds! We didn’t get together actually until after the fifth grade, in intermediary school. We played baseball and basketball. He wasn’t tough on the court at all. He didn’t like physical ball. He was the same type of guy then as he is now, just a cool guy. He wasn’t no bully, he didn’t start no trouble.

Did you and Jay sell drugs together?

No, he ain’t do much selling drugs. I did all that work. He was just a good dude to be around. He was one of my best friends. I taught him some things, but I mainly kept him from being out on the street a lot. Whatever was mine was his. So, we shared clothes, we shared a whole bunch of stuff. We had sex with the same women plenty of times. We both got burnt! We had the drip. My mom took him to the clinic. My mom also got him out of jail.

Does Jay exaggerate his drug-dealing in his songs?
I’m telling you he overexaggerates. He was there to see things, but doing some big-time Frank Lucas–type thing? No. He nickled and dimed, but nothing on a major scale. He definitely didn’t sell nothin’ in Marcy. Spanish Jose, who he mentions a lot [in his songs], was a friend of mine. Jay didn’t have no affiliation to Spanish Jose.

You’re saying Jay appropriated your story?
He says it himself. He’s been talking about me since day one, on a lot of his albums. He mentioned me on The Black Album, and I hadn’t seen him in years.

After Marcy, the two of you headed to Trenton.

Yeah. I wasn’t going to school. My basketball coach in high school recommended me to go to Trenton High, which had a great basketball program. I moved to Trenton in ’88, and it was just like an open drug market out there. I couldn’t even focus on the basketball when I saw that market. So I got settled in there. I went back to New York and talked to Jay. He wasn’t doing nothing, he didn’t have no money in his pocket, he wasn’t feeling school, neither, so I asked if he wanted to come live with me. We moved in with my aunt, who accepted him as my best friend. In Trenton he started dipping into his music with Jaz-O, so he wasn’t much around, because he had to get back and forth to the studio, which I was funding. I was supporting [his career] with everything I could do. When he needed more people in the crowd, I provided more people in the crowd. When he needed security, I provided security. I supported my dude!

When did the two of you have a falling-out?
We never really had a falling-out, that’s the problem. This is why I’m so confused. There was no argument, there was none of that. I don’t want an apology [from him], I want a reason. What happened? When my case [a federal drug-conspiracy charge] came in 1998, I never seen him again too much anymore. The case had nothing to do with him, his name never came up, so I’d like to ask him, “What happened?” Where did his departure come from?

When he talks about you on “No Hook,” is he accusing you of snitching?
I think he’s talking about the way I went about this YouTube project [and not about snitching]. But he’s into subliminal messages, so [I think] he’s trying to get me hurt. That goes beyond disrespect. He’s getting my safety involved. I can’t believe my own daughter’s godfather is trying to get me hurt. But it won’t work. Being that I’ve been in prison a lot of times, a lot of people know my credibility. They know I went all the way to trial with my federal case, and I won.

One of Jay’s former collaborators Jaz-O also has beef with Jay, and former drug dealer Calvin Klein also accuses Jay of appropriating his story.
Me and Jaz sat down and had a long talk not too long ago. Jaz has a right to have a beef. Jaz was there in the beginning. Jaz took him away from the projects and put him in the studio first. Big Daddy Kane had a lot to do with his career too, and he’s not showing no kinda love to him neither. With Klein, if Jay told him he “got him,” then Klein got a right to be mad.

Do you want money from Jay?
Not now! We went beyond that. I was hoping from the first YouTube that we could sit down and discuss this like men. But he didn’t go that route.

Have you seen any financial benefits from this project so far?
No, but I’m looking to see that off of this DVD and this book. They’re about a lot of things that we’re talking about. A lot of people come forward, verifying what I’m saying. In the book I go into full detail about [my] case, about, when I did see Jay, what we talked about. It’s full of details.

Will they be self-released?
Right now, everything is still in the works. I have two major companies which are doing a little bidding war. I might just do something independently if they don’t come up with the proper numbers. —Ben Westhoff

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2007/11/former_jayz_associate_dehaven.html

Offline num2son

• Member+
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »
http://sharebee.com/3e80f0b9

1. Wu-Tang Clan - Take It Back (Edit)
2. Wu-Tang Clan - Take It Back
3. Take It Back (Instrumental) (Intro)
4. Wu-Tang Clan - Take It Back (Instrumental)

Designed by Miichan

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
Snoop Dogg - Sensual Seduction
[youtube=425,350]pKz-RXSeIYA[/youtube]
Snoop is back, fo' shizzle!  :lol:

Fatlace RZA Interview

We don’t just have The RZA’s vinyl killer killing records, we have a brand new RZA interview for that ass as well. Trust us, he doesn’t shy away from discussing the internal beefs that have cast a shadow over the release of ‘8 Diagrams’. And before you become one of those internet idiots wasting time writing, “Yo, ‘Big Doe Rehab’ kills ‘8 Diagrams’”, grow the hell up - you can have both…

FL: Is there a guiding theme for the new LP?

RZA: Yes, in my opinion. The first song on the album is called ‘Campfire’ and that sets the tone for the guiding theme. It’s called ‘8 Diagrams’ and straight away you hear the 8 precepts that he’s saying. What the intro is saying is what I feel we need in the world for men. It’s saying, ‘how can I be a good man?’

FL: Is it difficult to bring that into the Wu, with there being so many different competing elements?

RZA: It is kinda difficult sometimes. But as the producer of the group, and The Abbot – I didn’t make myself The Abbot, this was a title that was given to me by the other Wu-Tang members. So you gave me the title, you gave me the power, I’ll use it. But I’ll use it not just for my personal benefit, not just for their personal benefit, but for the benefit of what the Wu-Tang stands for. Wu-Tang is not just about us, it’s about the world. Somebody asked me the other day, ‘when you make solo albums and soundtracks and the Wu-Tang album, what’s the difference?’ On my solo album, it’s my duty to make sure I convey the solo artist’s feelings to the world. Doing movie scores or a soundtrack, I have to take that film and the director’s vision and make sure I satisfy their vision. But on a Wu-Tang album, that belongs to the world. That’s something I’ve learned myself and I didn’t learn that until 1998 and that’s when I went and did an album called ‘The World According to RZA’. In 1993, if you’d have asked me about hip-hop, it belonged to me. I didn’t care about anybody else – ‘Bring Da Ruckus’, ‘Wu Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthin’ to Fuck With’, ‘Protect Ya Neck’ – I wasn’t playing! But as I grew up, and I’m seeing black kids, white kids, Mexican kids, Indian kids, I’m seeing a rainbow coalition and realising it’s bigger than me. Some kids came up to me recently and they weren’t even around in 1997 for ‘Wu-Tang Forever’ but they got it and the guy was like, ‘Yo, I learned so much knowledge from that record. Just the references you make, that I cross-referenced.’ It helped enhance his own spirit and knowledge. That’s what it’s all about – Wu-Tang has become a source of information and not just about our ghetto and our roughness and our toughness and our personal entities, but a source of information for people to get their own thing and move on. So when I do Wu-Tang I don’t it for myself, I do it for the world.

FL: So do you think someone like Raekwon needs to remember that he’s only 1/8th of the group?

RZA: I just read a little book of interviews that the GZA did in Germany, and when I read it, he just says so many things that make sense. He says that when he does his own projects, he gets to go into his own world, but when he’s with the Wu, he’s 1 piece, and that’s better because no 1 member is stronger than the whole group. I was happy to hear that not just come from me.

FL: Are those tensions harder to control now, given that all the members have their own fanbases and degrees of stardom?

RZA: In a way it does but, really, Wu-Tang started with tension. Some of the guys were not as close to each other as they have become. Ghostface and Raekwon are considered to be Batman and Robin, but they were enemies in the neighbourhood. Ghost was my man and Rae was my man. There’s another guy, Oli ‘Power’ Grant who runs Wu-Wear, him and Rae were partners, and Ghost was the enemy. I’m talking about mortal enemies. But they were always real tight with me. My house was neutral – people would always put their guns on the table, to use a metaphor. And when they left, there’s no telling what would happen. Now recently Power was telling me I had to do something, as he was pretty upset about the Ghost comment. Me, I don’t like to get into it like that, but he said that it wasn’t time for the Uncle shit I’d been doing through the years, it’s time to say something and it’s important for people to know what’s been going on and where I stand at. And he told me, ‘14 years ago when you told me to swallow all that beef with me and Rae and Ghostface, I swallowed it, but the day you arranged a meeting between us, I had my gun’. He was ready not to swallow it until he saw me. I didn’t even know it was that close. Mind you, Ghost is a superhero – you’re not gonna catch Ghost. Ghost will beat 5 or 6 n****s by himself, I’ve seen him do it. He ain’t scared of nobody, never has been, never will be. The point I’m making is, it’s not like we started out without tension. People don’t know that U-God and Method Man had hand-to-hand fights until we had to throw them off the bus. You know, there was a lot of shit. Me and Ol’ Dirty fighting because he wanted to go to Def Jam but I’d done the deal with Elektra. I had the plan for what I saw was right.

FL: Well, in the early years, Wu-Tang was described as a dictatorship with a five year plan. After that, you took your hands off the reins. Do you regret doing that?

RZA: Well, I won’t say I regret it, because you can’t regret life, but I do see the difference. Right now I guess I’m putting the reins back on by having the final word on the Wu, and now I’ve got to face what Raekwon’s saying about not getting to voice an opinion. Well, you did have a chance to voice your opinion, you just had a time limit to voice your opinion. I’ll listen to what people have to say, but after a certain time the vote is in.

FL: What did you make of Raekwon calling you a ‘hip-hop hippie’?

RZA: Now I don’t like the word hippie. When he said it, I thought, ‘Hippie? I’m the most Hip-Hoppest sexy beast in the world!’ I stay hip-hop, I never even changed over to the other side of hip-hop, the bling side. I kept it hoodie and a pair of boots – you always see me like this, and I could throw on the best of the best. It offended me a little but, at the same time, Raekwon’s the slang master, so I ain’t taking it like he meant to shit on me because I know he’s so rich with his words.

FL: Does the glare of the internet, where there’s always a camera pointed at you and a way of disseminating it, make it harder to keep the Clan together?

RZA: It’s harder, I would say, because you can say something on film, and then change your mind 20 minutes later. That’s why you’ve got to be careful. Me and Raekwon had a conversation about the record – he gave me his opinion, gave me his vote. He didn’t give me a bad vote, he gave me a 7. I’ll take a 7 from Rae, because his 7 might mean the fans give me an 8 or 9, but I’ll go back and try to get an 8 from you. So I went back and I changed a few things. I put the song ‘Unpredictable’ back on there. I’d taken it off as it was a bit Bobby Digital and I didn’t think we needed a Wu song with me talking about my dick. So I had to go back in and make it more amicable. So I sent that version out and people said they liked it more. GZA gave it an 8. When I first asked him, I knew he was being kinda sarcastic, but he said, ‘I give it a 5 and a half’. I was like, ‘Whoa’, but I never argue with him ‘cause he’s my teacher. So I had to humble myself to that. I tried to tell everyone, ‘Don’t take one day on this shit, take two weeks. Listen to it, this is not a quick fix. This is not a hamburger, this is vegetables. I know you don’t like to eat your vegetables, but you’ve got to, to get the nutrients.’ So then he came back to me with an 8 after I re-did things.

FL: Do you feel the pressure of a ‘comeback’ album?

RZA: It’s a continuation. The Wu-Tang saga continues. It’s not a comeback because we’ve all been active in all forms of entertainment. Also, we did tours without records being out, and I’ve seen bigger crowds the last two years than I’ve seen in my life. When we toured with Rage Against the Machine this year – and they haven’t had an album out – you’re seeing 70,000 kids each night in New York. In San Francisco, it got so crazy the police had to come. We’re bigger than ever, with no record out. That shows how important we are, how it’s about more than us telling our drug stories, our life stories, our turmoils. It’s about us adding a little wisdom, a little spirituality, a little consciousness, a little brotherhood. We’ve always had brotherhood, with all our other crews. And sometimes the Clan members are mad about that, maybe it’s because of having 8 famous guys, you’ve got 100 famous guys. But one thing I explain to them is that we saved our neighbourhood. More than that. We saved our neighbourhood in Staten Island, we saved parts of Brooklyn where Dirty, Prodigal Sun and Killah Priest lived, we saved Ohio with Killarmy, we saved a lot of families. It all comes back down to that one kid who walked around Staten Island for months – and people thought I was crazy because I used to walk and think and talk. I always say walk. Jesus walked across the Middle East teaching people. You get so much inspiration and knowledge from walking and thinking. So I walked around Staten Island until I got an epiphany. It took me a while to get it, but once I got it, I had it. I knew what I wanted to do. I went to Ghost first and said ‘Wu-Tang Clan’. Then it started to spread and other neighbourhoods were hearing about us. Some people were acting like they weren’t with it, because they didn’t like the Chinese shit. Guys like Pop the Brown Hornet wanted to make it GP Wu, because they were the Gladiator Posse from Stapleton and Park Hill was called DED Posse – Dick ‘Em Down. I combined ‘em both to Wu-Tang but those two neighbourhoods stay at war, although I had ‘em at peace. There were some guys who were on that ghetto shit and weren’t fucking with the Wu. And then when we blew up, they were like, ‘Yeah, we’re Wu’. And they were, I was bringing everybody. But they went separate. Even Shyhiem. Shyhiem was my student, but he went with GP, and GP wasn’t pure in the heart like that so they disintegrated. Had they been pure, and realised I had a vision, they would have got further. That’s what I was trying to tell the Clan on this album – trust me. Right after the ‘American Gangster’ premiere, we had this meeting, and I think it’s the meeting that triggered Raekwon’s comments. This meeting felt pretty deep for me. I invited everybody to the premiere, the only ones that showed up were Method Man and Inspektah Deck. That hurt me. They gave me 20 tickets – they didn’t gave anybody else 20 tickets – because I wanted to bring the Wu. I felt disappointed because I felt it would be a real good look for all of us to come together. So we had a meeting, and everybody starts voicing their opinions. And I wanted their opinions, because I wanted to see if I could satisfy the crew. I said, ‘If y’all ain’t satisfied, it’s gonna fuck me up.’ Harsh words were going back and forth. I had to come hard. I said, ‘Y’all have been making records without me for 6 years, and the shit ain’t go nowhere. The shit didn’t sell nothing.’ And then they’re saying, ‘Your shit has been weak’. My shit has been weak? ‘Kill Bill’? I’ve been involved in a lot of good things. But I wasn’t gonna front, I said, ‘Without connecting with you, my stuff has never had the high standard that it’s been with Wu-Tang.’ But it’s not that they’re not dope MC’s, and I’m not a dope producer. When we’re apart, it’s cool, but when we’re together it’s great. We don’t know why it’s great. Who knows why peanut butter and jelly taste so good together? They weren’t made for each other, but put them together and kids go crazy. We have a special chemistry that we don’t even know, but the people accept it for what it is. I was telling Meth, come back and rock with the Wu. I checked out his solo shows, 2000 people here, 1500 people there. Raekwon show, 700 people, maybe a1000 there. I know they don’t need me and I don’t need them, but wouldn’t they rather be seeing 10,000 motherfuckers in front of them when they’re rapping? After all these years, you want to rap in front of 500 motherfuckers? When you do Wu, you get the opportunity to rap to the world. You might only get 5 lyrics out, but they’ll be remembered by the whole world. All of the solo albums we’ve got out, nobody knows the lyrics like that. I don’t even know their lyrics. This new album got me listening to their lyrics again, and I realise how dope they all are. I was trying to explain to them, sometimes we don’t realise what it is we’ve got, but we’ve got it and we should never, ever doubt it. But Raekwon walked out not convinced, I guess.

FL: How was it recording without ODB? Did you miss his spirit?

RZA: Oh, we definitely missed his spirit. I saw Meth got asked the same question in an interview, and he was like – I only ever saw him in the studio one time anyway. It was hard for me. When Dirty first came home from jail, after all the shit he’d been through, and I was working on the Masta Killa album, ‘No Said Date’, making a few beats, he heard that album and said, ‘Out of everybody in the crew, Masta Killa is the only one that’s still Wu-Tang’. He wasn’t tainted. And I told Masta Killa. He got his name because Masta Killa is the guy who wasn’t part of Shaolin, he came to Shaolin and went through all the training in 36 Chambers, and became the Masta Killa. He saw us as his teachers. So I said to him that he’d become the best student. And then Raekwon’s mouth was healing, and right about the time he did ‘State of Grace’, he was back. If you ask me, Rae’s the illest MC. To my ears, Rae is fucking up any rapper out there, but he went through a transitional phase because his voice had gone. Having Genius on a track like ‘Starters’, talking about women – he doesn’t usually do that – he got a little ODB in him.

FL: There must have been a lot of emotion in the studio recording ‘Life Changes’.

RZA: Oh yeah. A lot. Meth was the first to do his verse. But I never got a verse from Ghost, which I think would have been deep because he knew Dirty for years. Me, Dirty and Ghost was running around from 1989 to 1993. That was the team…

http://fatlacemagazine.rawkus.com/?p=670

GZA - Real Talk

Jon Michael: The Wu-Tang album drops in a couple of days, you excited about that?

GZA: Ummm, I’m aight, I’m kinda excited. I never really got all hyped about album releases. It feels good though. I’m happy to get back on the road.

-Are you happy with how the album turned out?

I like it, yea, I like it. It’s growing on me more and more. The more I hear it, the more I like it.

-When Raekwon spoke out and said he wasn’t really feeling the album, was he speaking on behalf of everyone in Wu-Tang?

Nah, he was speaking for himself. I mean, that was Rae speaking. There's always room for improvement. Personally, I feel I could have done better on the album but you have to consider the time it took to put it together.

-Raekwon also mentioned that he may have had some issues with money. Did you ever experience that?

I’m not even gonna get into all that. Raekwon was speaking for himself. That’s my brother just like RZA is my brother and I won't go against that. Raekwon does represent us as a group also. Maybe he had more concerns among other thing that the other members or his beef went to a different extent.

I’m not gonna go against that. I don’t air out problems, when it comes to my family. If I have money problems I deal with it. There are always problems with a group or family but that’s with everybody.

-Your debut album Liquid Swords solidified you as one of the Wu’s best lyricists. How did you feel when you were putting that together?

I felt good and that was because I was coming’ off a disappointing moment. Previously things weren’t so good. I was on Cold Chillin’ and the record got no promotion so I got another deal and it was a good time because Wu-Tang was blowing up. It felt good. Everyone was coming through the studio, the whole vibe was great. It was a good feeling.

-Do you consider the era you come out of as the Golden Era?

I wouldn’t really call it the golden era; I mean we were around in the golden era. I mean it is. We as artists and lyricists consider the golden era to be like 85,86,87,88. That’s the golden era. You know maybe Biggie, Jay-Z, and Wu. That was another era, the platinum era (laughs).

-Wu, Nas, Jay Big, all dropped around the same time. You see any similarities between you guys?

I would say our sounds were different which was a good thing. That’s the golden era. I think that’s what great about the golden era was that there was so much material and it was all different. Nas was different from Mobb Deep, Mobb Deep was different from Wu, and Wu was different from Jay. Everyting was different, not like today were a lot sounds so much the same. We didn’t have musical relationships but maybe in other ways like the way we laid it down. The way we entered the business and capitalized off certain thing but musically, so different.

-How do you feel about hip-hop today?

I don’t really listen to a lot of stuff. I might hear it if I have the television on or if I'm listening to the radio and something comes on in the car or what other people are playing in the streets, that’s how I hear it.

-And do you like any of it?

The majority of it? No. Every once in a while ill hear something that’s catchy.

-Are there any new MC’s that you check for?

Nah, nah, nothing really grabs my attention but hip-hop is like that. It’s changing, it’s forever changing. Its music that started in the streets, in the basements, something that was a hobby and we're the biggest selling music to this day. It’s the only music that’s recorded in almost every languge. There's no other music like that.

-Do you feel politics play a big part in today’s music industry, even moreso than when you first came into the game?

Of course politics always have a hand in something. They’ve been involved from the earliest days. They had a spot on 20/20 about hip-hop in 1980 or 1981. Barbara Walters was like, how long will it survive? That was politics they were downplaying it in a sense but politics go way back even to the days of like Ice-T with "Cop Killer".. Politics played a part then. Politics played a part with Snoop and C.Dolores Tucker. It’s playing a part now with the "N" word. The more money that's being made the more politics is gonna be a part of it

-How do you feel about Nas’ use of the ‘N’ Word for his upcoming album?

He's entitled to it. Nas is a poet man, he's a great lyricist, he's a poet, and he makes great music. I will always take time to listen to what he has to say and make sure you quote me on that. He has done so much for hip-hop just with the songs he’s recorded. He's one of the greatest. He’s always doing more good than any bad. He could call it what he wants to because he has a reason just like when he said 'Hip Hop Is Dead'. In a sense it was dead and I’m sure he has his own definition. He may have felt that way and if he calls his album that then he has a right to do that. Why make a big deal now?

The thing with politics is they see rappers and they think they get too much money or it’s a lot of ignorance being spread. Richard Pryor had an album called That n****'s Crazy" in the 70’s, a comedian album, it wasn’t a big deal then, so why now? Why wait till rappers start wanting to use a word to jump down on it, big deal.

I’m not saying it should be a word that should be out of the youth’s mouths every 5 words or every sentence. Whats funny is that those same politicians use the word. I’m pretty sure Al Sharpton uses that word on a regular basis. I’m pretty sure he does. I use other words; I don’t use too many negative words or profanity. I don’t make a point of it, its just not in my writing and hasn’t really been since Liquid Swords. I just choose to use other words; there are over 100,000 words in the dictionary.

It's funny though because to me that word can be used like if I see a cat in an alley, I'll be like, 'Where that n**** go?', 'That n**** went under the car!'. I mean that’s how it is. I also think we should use other words because there are people that are offended by it. That was a name given by slave masters but now that we chose to accept it, they wanna stop us from using it, it’s a bunch of bullshit. What ever happened to freedom of speech?

-Do you feel hip-hop is dead?

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I feel it’s at a point where it needs help. It’s not dead, that means no longer here or no longer around. I don’t wanna contradict his statement because I see where he’s coming from. How could hip-hop be dead if Wu -Tang is forever? Nas made some good points though. A lot of MC’s are brilliant in their own way. They're smart and clever but their subject matter isn’t there.

I’m gonna say 95 out of 100 rappers don’t speak in their natural voice. Its like I gotta do this just because. They’re not playing this at the club or they’re not playing this on the radio so we need to make a club banger or we need a street song. Music has to be made from what we see.

Music should be like drawing where you just do what you see. You should be inspired by something. You might be inspired by a great story. American Gansgter might inspire you but you’re whole life story doesn’t have to match that. Its all the same, 'I got a gloc, I’m in the spot'. It’s all said in the same way. You can reword it.

-Do you prefer independent labels or majors?

Ups and down pros and cons. It all depends how you're looking at it. I could be on a major and sell 500 thousand and make a lil' money or I could be indie and sell 100 thousand and make a lot of money. It depends on your situation, what your deal is worth, if I sell 200 and I’m getting 8 a record I’m caking up. It's all how you're deal is structured. On a major it’s not always like that. I’ve put out albums that didn’t see the light of day but it depends. Sometimes you should be on a major. You might get good exposure.

Indie is the thing today, which is good because it gives you the power to get an album done and put it out. It cuts out red tape, cuts out the middleman. At an indie it's like, here's the money what do you wanna do? You don’t have to go through a lot of people.

Its cool lately in the last 6,7,8 years its been a lot of cool artists that have been doing it independent and having great success. It’s a funny business. Like I could sell a million on a major then sell 400 and get dropped, then ill sell 200 independent and the majors will come back with a lot of money.

-You’re on an independent label right?

Yeah, I'm doing a project with Babygrande. I saw an ad out there where it’s promoted as a GZA album. I'll probably be on most of the tracks but its supposed to be a compilation album, there’s various artists on the album. That’s almost finished and then I’ll start working on another GZA album with RZA.

-When is that going to be dropping?

Sometime next year we don’t even know yet but we have options.

-What else can we expect to see from you?

I’m working on a few things. I have a graphic novel, I been working hard over the summer with. It should be coming out soon. I have some ideas for a second novel; I’m building the foundation. I’m into scripts and novels. I like film, I want to knock out a couple of films and let RZA score it and then throw out the soundtrack too. It doesn’t stop you could look forward to hearing some great projects coming from myself in the near future.

-Anything you’d like to say to the fans?

8 Diagrams, December 11th , if you don’t have it by the time you’re reading this.

http://www.sixshot.com/interviews/9042/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2007, 07:19:04 AM »
LMAO that snoop video is the gayest thing ever.

WU-TANG is forever. They just branching too much. Everyone's acting and doing they own shit. Got their own units. I have a feeling this is gonna be a "The W" - "Iron Flag" thing. We'll get another Wu album after this tour.

Big Doe Rehab is dope. Who knew Ghost was gonna go rock.

And big ups to num2son!! Take it Back is my ring tone atm. 8)

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe