JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Summer Love

Author Topic: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS  (Read 338122 times)

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS
« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
Apparently MM DVD Magazine vol. 19 was delayed for some unknown reason.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #901 on: October 14, 2008, 01:33:00 AM »
When you buy a PB (online or otherwise), does it always include a making-of?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #902 on: October 14, 2008, 01:56:49 AM »
When you buy a PB (online or otherwise), does it always include a making-of?
Nowadays, most likely the answer will be yes, it's included. They only really started including the Making of videos in the second half of 2005, so any PB that was published before then likely won't have them. All you have to do is check the item description to see if it says if a Making of DVD is included or not.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #903 on: October 14, 2008, 02:15:49 AM »
^
Ok, thanks JFC!

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #904 on: October 14, 2008, 02:39:56 AM »
What ARE DVD Magazines?
Judging from the title...Magazines...on a DVD?
xD
Wow, I'm so slow, but could someone like, explain a little...more in depth what Morning Musume DVD Magazines are?
I'll try to explain it in genral.
DVD Magazines are usually released whenever a H!P group goes on tour. But also when they have stage plays or similar big events organized by H!P. They are also available for non-FC member since they are for sale at the venue of the event/concert.
The content of DVD Magazines is various. Of course though, MM DVD Magazines contain only MM, Berryz ones only Berryz, C-ute ones only C-ute etc.; except for rare guest appearances of other groups(-members). H!P DVD Magazines usually contain all groups participating at the H!P tour and it's usually Q&A stuff but there has also been other things in the past (like quizzes, or this "do an advertisement"-competition).
Other groups DVD Magazines also often have Q&A parts but often also have games or members doing stuff like going to some place and more, it's really random.
So yeah, they are like a magazine, showing you news about the group, what they are doing, what they are thinking, who is good at what (competitions). Some DVD Magazines are rather boring if you don't know much Japanese because they contain much talking in some studio while other are "interesting" because the group goes somewhere.
So if you are interested in MM members and not just their music you can download some from h!o tracker I guess to figure out what those are like by yourself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 02:42:11 AM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #905 on: October 15, 2008, 03:21:10 AM »
got a question: since i'll probably buy Momusu's new Cover Yuu album, what does a three sided spine case look like?

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #906 on: October 15, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »
Anyone know which dokyu this is from?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #907 on: October 15, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
Judging from the screen text and Eri's hair, it's definitely from the first iteration of Dokyu.  Since she doesn't look like she's doing the title call, the episode list would indicate that it would most likely be episode 6, 9, 10, 13, or 14.  I think most of the dokyus are on veoh.com, but this cap is specifically from episodes 9-10.

Episode 9:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1511243yjGKRdFx

Episode 10:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15112762gSNTa64
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:45:11 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #908 on: October 15, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »
awesome, thanks slack

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #909 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:39 AM »
Abe Natsumi.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2008, 12:11:56 AM »
What's J.P ROOM, INC. ? what's is it? and who owns it?  UFA/UFG? 
and whatever happens to HAPPY STYLE.CC ? Another of UFA/UFG companies?

And this has been on my mind recently, UFA is the artist management company of the Up-Front Group holding. Up-Front Agency provides "training, management and promotion of talents." most notably Hello! Project.  But what is Up-Front Groups?  i dunno what they actually do?  and how many different type of business are under their control? 
Is it a big and powerful group?

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »
I wrote an explanation on UFG before, but considering the present circumstances, it bears repeating.

Up-Front Group is a conglomerate made up of many companies.  They have management companies like UFA, JP Room, and UF Style as well as companies in music, TV, and stage production like TNX and Up-Front Music.  As you can see from the list, they have holdings in lots of industries like printing, real estate, and foods, not just entertainment.

UFA is the music artist management company of UFG.  JP Room handles talents for TV and stage.  This is probably why you see Fujimoto and Ogawa under JP Room's talent list already.

A more detailed answer is in the link to my previous post.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2008, 01:08:45 AM »
oh, It seems I asked this question before.  hehe, but I forgot.  Thanks Professor. 

oh, then may I ask how big and powerful is UFG?  if they're a holding company and owns many different kinds of companies, then they should be rather strong, or is it they only control small business where it's not enough to have a strong standing. 
what I mean is, like, how are they compare to other corporation like Sony, Mitsubishi, etc?
I think that if they are a strong companies, they could put a little work effort and finances so the UFA artists, especially Hello! Project could be better than they are now and have way more opportunities and stuff.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #913 on: October 21, 2008, 02:23:49 AM »
Well, in that case, your answer will require some digging.

According to this May 2007 article from the now-defunct Hello Non-Pro Hour news blog:

By March 2006 UFG earns a gross profit of 138 hundred million yen and the company expanded its net worth to 257 hundred million yen.

In US dollars, that translates to about $135.6 million gross profit, $252.5 million net worth.

In comparison to Sony, UFG is tiny.  Sony's net worth is something on the order of $45.6 billion.

I haven't found any info yet on whether or not it was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and the TSE website isn't being too helpful either.  Maybe I'll do some more researching on this later.

Still, with how diversified it is, it doesn't seem like it's on the verge of collapsing anytime soon.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #914 on: October 23, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »
Any questions are welcome as far as I'm concerned xD

Too bad I can only tell you one place to find clothes like that, 'kids department'.... :lol:

Or with a bit of imagination and combining different kinds of clothes it doesn't matter where you find your clothes, but what you do with them... ?__? Even Reina wears a lot of clothes (shirts, etc) that you could find at any teen clothes store (like H&M), but because of the way the clothes are combined with accessories, other clothes etc. they look Reina-like. For example, I have a purple hoodie that I call my Reina-hoodie, but it never looks Reina-ish on me because I'm just a hoodie+jeans kinda girl. :lol: AND I'M NOW OFF-TOPIC, SORRY
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #915 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18:17 AM »
Where is this from?

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #916 on: October 25, 2008, 08:38:20 AM »
^
Morning Days Vol.3, FC DVD released on 10/25

(posting these as links so the post doesn't get unnecessarily long  :sweatdrop:
Code: [Select]
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7mPpranGmE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2tPeVaGIw
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEoKXVCzjCg
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR0ezq6ASfY
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcmaQKJrp3s
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEWfZKYDeAs

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #917 on: October 25, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
Yay! Thanks!!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #918 on: October 26, 2008, 06:11:53 AM »
That's from Haromoni@, in a short-lived segment where she plays a detective.

Here's the subbed version:

http://www.veoh.com/veohplayer.swf?permalinkId=v12063430N4BGdAMz

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #919 on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:03 AM »
None of Morning Musume's Single were theme songs for any major tv shows, movies, or dramas on national television, rite? 

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Summer Love