JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Omoide wa Kanata

Author Topic: [04/18] 「 (2) mini ~Ikiru to Iu Chikara~ 」 °C-ute 2nd album  (Read 19212 times)

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
Re: [04/18] 「 (2) mini ~Ikiru to Iu Chikara~ 」 °C-ute 2nd album
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »
However I can't help but think the song could be more fun if it was someone else singing it.

The songs are all good, but yeah that's how I feel about both Airi's and Maimi's songs. At least they got some really nice songs for this release.

Offline Ahiko

• Member+
  • °C-ute Cutie Power = the BEST!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »
Airi and Chisato are my Favorites of all the H!P Kids and I Love all of the Songs. Next time a Chisato solo with an awesome Song, please! :heart:

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »
Romantic Ukare Mode (Okai Chisato ver.)!

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »
Personal rank & opinions of the songs:

1. Natsu DOKI Lipstick
Very tropical and not annoying, wow! I almost inmediately get the mental image of a latin country, like mine, where summer is just too hot XD. Maimi's voice is always nice to hear, and this song was definitely made for her. Even if she's an anti-idol (an airhead with a bitchy face) most of the time, when it comes to performance/singing, she forgets about it and does her work, and never fails.

2. Disco queen
Even the title of this one rocks. Saki's and Mai's voice have improved so much!! That's one of the idol aspects that I love. When, even if the girls are not so good, you like them, and when you see them become greater and greater, it kinda makes you feel proud. Mental image for this song? The two girls trying to enter a discoteque, but they don't get to enter, so they just watch it from outside, singing di-di-disco XD. Nice song, reminds me a bit of Deco Boco Seventeen (W).

3. That's the power
And the mental images continue, zomg. This time, I picture a ºC-ute tribe on a carnival (wtf). I never expected this sound from ºC-ute, but it's good. At first I thought it was a solo song, the voices were almost equal. I also get the feeling that this is some "recycled" material, because of the wow-wow-yeohs that are so common on H!P. But you know, take a sad song and make it better.

4. Bokura no Kagayaki
This one doesn't give any mental image :lol: I actually can't remember the pace. I listen to it, it's okay.. but that's it. Not an special song. I sort of feel bad for Kanna, who almost never gets to shine. And Chisato, man, they're just wasting the talent that it's on their face. Erika is just earning more and more fans, and they make this. Next time, a better song please.

5. Tsuugaku vector
It sounds to me like a Hitomi Shimatani song, don't know why. I know Airi's trough puberty/early teen years, but really, who trains these girls's voice? She has a GOOD voice, make it shine then! I got so bored by the song that I walked away in search of food and when I returned I thought I was listening to Risako. Not that I'm saying Risako's voice is bad, I *love* her, but when H!P kids don't get a song appropiate for their voices, it just doesn't work.

Overall rank: 3.4/5
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:36:19 PM by Nouciel »

Offline Ms. McBackpack

• 桃子独占
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
5. Tsuugaku vector
...I know Airi's trough puberty/early teen years, but really, who trains these girls's voice? She has a GOOD voice, make it shine then! I got so bored by the song that I walked away in search of food and when I returned I thought I was listening to Risako...
Ouch. lol Who trains them... No one? I don't think they actually put these girls in lessons. Remember that Musume Dokyu ep with Reina in a singing class? She said it was the first time since her audition that she got in training. They only train these girls with recording and concerts, I think.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:22:50 AM by Ms. McBackpack »

Offline Ahiko

• Member+
  • °C-ute Cutie Power = the BEST!
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »
hmm Airi is one of the best singers! Risako has on of the lowest Voice that i ever heard of an Idol, she can improve but never as Airi or the other H!P KIDS :heart:

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
Hmm...I like both of the solos. The songs don't really fit the voices of the girls...
I think, Airi needs a song for a higher voice...
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
Suzuki Airi - Tsuugaku Vector: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ullr58

Her voice is amazing :heart:
The fact is.  :)

This girl has a lot of potential. Her prestation while singing "First kiss" in "Wonderful Hearts Winter 2006" was very catchy.

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »
This girl has a lot of potential. Her prestation while singing "First kiss" in "Wonderful Hearts Winter 2006" was very catchy.

watched it right now. Airi is amazing!   Seems, I burned the DVD and missed to watch this concert. :o So I have sth to watch for tomorrow evening. ::)
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 06:55:35 AM »
Currently waiting my order from Yeasia : the last box of H!P... Hope that she's performing in it.

Offline yokoso

• ザ・ストレス~!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »
I really hope this mini album is as good as I've been hearing- I actually preordered it without listening to a single song. ;;;;;

Thus far though, C-ute hasn't disappointed!!  :heart:

愛をください〜!!:heart: :heart:  ☆ 恋文 ; a loveletter MUSIC DOWNLOADS & MORE ☆ (now back up 1/13/08)

Offline Kinbarii

• キンバリー ♥
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
I will now be singing Natsu DOKI Lipstick all night...it's stuck in my head. <3

And Disco Queen -- OMG O.O I had to try so hard not to get up and dance [I'm in public x.x]

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
The mini-album ranks 3rd in the Oricon NINKI poll.

The Oricon NINKI poll is a chart based on survey of a cross section of the Japanese people for their intent to buy a single or an album. The results are published weekly on the Oricon site and give a good indication what the charts for next week will look like. The poll only reflects buyer intention for new releases, older releases may end up higher on the charts than the new releases.

Based on this ranking a top 5 result in next week's Oricon album chart may be possible for C-ute's upcoming mini-album. But as always, there are no guarantees.

The Oricon NINKI Album chart: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/na/

Offline tempethegreat

• i'm the great guy!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsuko maeda,i love u so much..
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 01:51:55 PM »
if the song get the 3rd place in oricon,that means the song is good...... :heart:

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »
shipped today.. must resist downloading~

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »
(2) mini ~Ikiru to Iu Chikara~ debuts at #7 in the daily Oricon album chart.

Offline tamm

• °C-ute project!
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 10:20:34 AM »
It's Okay with just mini-album  ^ ^

Hope it will reach higher position in weekly ranking :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 05:24:08 PM »
Disco Queen has to be one of the best H!P songs in a very, very, long time. Even Tsunku's background babbling adds to the catchiness.

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
the songs have great arrangements, although not every song fits the singer(s).
vocal-wise c-ute really surpasses berryz~
fave song of the minialbum would be disco queen~

Offline yokoso

• ザ・ストレス~!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
vocal-wise c-ute really surpasses berryz~

I agree with this.  :heart: :heart:  I've always liked Berryz tunes but not a huge fan of their vocals... C-ute has the total package!

AND ARRRRRRGH...... I GOTTA WAIT ANOTHER DAY FOR MY COPY ;;;;;;  Tracking says it should come tomorrow ;;;;  GAAAAH.  And I won't be home to get it ;;;

愛をください〜!!:heart: :heart:  ☆ 恋文 ; a loveletter MUSIC DOWNLOADS & MORE ☆ (now back up 1/13/08)

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Omoide wa Kanata