JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)

Author Topic: Hello! Pro TRANSLATION & LYRICS  (Read 203838 times)

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Hello! Pro TRANSLATION & LYRICS
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2005, 08:32:05 PM »
Quote from: ~Dan~
I just downloaded the latest Fukuda Saki single.  Inside the zip file is a password protected rar file and a flie called PASS.txt containing this

Code: [Select]
違法割れサイト http://natumi01.hots.jp/ からOFF会のおしらせ
http://zenkai-web.com/~nishikaze/cgi-bin/test/read.cgi/natsumi/
逮捕者続出の予感

Can anyone make any sense of it?  Is it telling me the password anywhere or have I been tricked?

I think the first part says 'Illegal cracks site'.  If I try the url it asks for a username and pass so I can't even go to the site.
The second url is a 2ch-style bulletin board and I can't find anything on there in connection with a password for the file.

I already tried using some of the stuff from the file as the password and nothing works.

Hmm.. the illegal crack site is down and the meeting place is that 2ch type bulletin board. Last line says they have a feeling that the person was arrested. >.> Nothing about a password. Sorry :(

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2005, 12:50:04 AM »
*slaps hand on forehead*

D'oh!!!!!

I tried again today and scrolled down past loads of blank lines and the password was at the bottom of the page.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline AshitA

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2005, 08:02:40 AM »
can anyone translate Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari 2, the song that they did in the fall concert.. appriciated peeps :halo:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2005, 06:31:18 AM »
What are these about?

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2005, 11:51:25 AM »
Merry Christmas forum people! My gift to you!  :D

MM x Tsunku 2

Takahashi Ai

For growth, everything is “fuel.”

Seeing, listening, and wanting to know anything and everything. She cannot help but have fun absorbing everything. Right now, Takahashi Ai is just full of curiosity!
Although, the girl on stage has become more and more reliable recently, this curiosity is related. The music that she loves, movies, theater, and books… everything is “fuel’ for growth. But the one thing that the girl wants to see and know the most is probably is how she will steadily change in the future.

Birth date: 1986/9/14
Blood type: A
Birthplace: Fukui Prefecture
Debut Song: “Mr. Moonlight –Ai no Big Band-“ (2001.10.31)
Stage Debut: Himeji Central Park (2001.10.21)

Iida’s graduation just passed.

Today was the recording of “Hello! Morning;” it will circulate after Iida’s graduation. So, from now, since it is the graduation live, while each person commented, we all cried. And I resolved not to cry. I still did.

Your feelings just came flowing out?

Yeah. Until the recording, my true feelings didn’t come out at all, but at the end, when I saw Iida crying…

When 5th generation joined, Iida said something like, “I may have scared the new members.”

Even though we are the same members, an older member is an older member. Especially, Iida because she is the leader and the oldest. Therefore, in the beginning, there was a bit of distance… Now, when I talk with Iida, I never got anything, while listening. But, recently, we talk about music and movies. We finally come to talk about lots of normal things. But then she graduates…

What kind of message did you get from Iida today?

The last thing she said was something like, “I understand leaving your home area and I understand being separated from your parents and feeling lonely, so I didn’t want to get mad. But it was a situation I had to get mad at you.” When I heard that, I couldn’t endure it anymore. The tears came flowing.

Iida said it with her parental feelings.

Yes. In the beginning, I didn’t know anything, so I thought, “scary.” I also thought of why I had to get scolded. But, looking now, if I didn’t get scolded like that, I know that I wouldn’t be who I am now. I’m thankful for that.

This will be your 4th year [in Morning Musume]. Do you feel that you have matured?

I think I have changed, even a little, when I’m glad that I have got it together. Therefore, next time, I want to have the same feelings that Iida has and I want to become a person who can tell the members after me various things. Today, I promised that with Iida.

From now on, you will be one of the older members.

When Ishikawa graduates in the spring, I will the 3rd person from the top (laughs). By age, Miki is older, but since she is 6th generation, I’ll be the older member.

Ah, is that so?

Will it be ok? Me, that is.

Please hold it together (laughs).

Yes, I’ll do my best!

The 3rd, huh. Lots of things have happened. You have experienced graduations a lot, huh.

Whenever a person graduates, of course, I have feelings of “sadness.” More than before, I think I have been able to look forward more. From now on, I have come to want to see me of doing solo activities. And, as I see that, I want to do my best. I also want to see how we will change too.

For example, the solo parts that the older members sang during lives, you want to inherit it, but that comes with a great responsibility.

That’s true. When Abe graduated, I received quite a bit of Abe’s parts. That was my chance and my feeling of responsibility increased greatly.

Were you able to grow at that point too?

Yes. Recently, at Morning Musume lives, I sang Abe’s parts in “Memory Seishun no Hikari.” At that time, I felt again, “This is really great,” and I thought, “Ah, Abe has always sung this song.” When I listen and sing the song, it is completely different, but it is to be expected. And it just happens that I bought the “Memory” CD.

Before you joined Morning Musume?

Yes. I thought it was a good song. Therefore, right now, it’s amazing that I’m singing the song and I have great responsibility to sing it well. No matter how much I like Abe’s singing, I don’t want to say, “It was better before.” When it is said, “It’s a good difference,” or “I can hear a different song,” etc, I tried my best up to that point.

It’s a different difficulty than when you get a solo part of a new song, huh?

It’s different. With a song that has a history, it becomes the target to compare with the old one.

Are you prepared for the good and bad for both versions?

Of course. It’s natural that there will be people who think that Abe’s version is better. But, among those people, there maybe people saying, “But, this version is also good.” I’ll gamble on that side (laughs).

Maybe those who think the previous version is better will turn their heads.

Yes, that’s what I think. Like, “How was it?!” But, that might be too cool [stylish]. Usually, I’m not that cool at all. I become cool on stage, huh. It’s probably because it’s something I like to do. I like to dance and sing, so the live is always the only place that is cool.

But that might be the real you?

Maybe?

The Takahashi on stage is quite strong.

Ahaha. Maybe.

When you dance, your expression also changes.

Ah, that’s often said. But, I don’t really know. But, well, that might be my cool face (laughs).

Since you joined, which part of you, you think that changed the most?

The part of me during lives, maybe. I think, in the end, the best place to grow during work is on stage. I did lives in the middle of my first year. I think I changed a lot during that time. For example, before, I just thought of not making any mistakes and having to catch up. But, in the middle of doing lives all the time, the way I think changed. Not making a mistake is important, but more important than that is I have to convey. For the expression of the world, I think I have come to understand that just trying my best is not enough.

It is not the things you learn that comes to you perfectly, but you still haven’t been able to perfect it?

Yes, that’s true. Before, if I messed up anything, it will immediately show on my face. But, recently, it seems it doesn’t come out. Even though I make a mistake, I think it is good to show it. I’ve come to notice that it is more fun at lives that way.

If that’s the case, then that might be the reason we can see your strength.

Maybe. But, really, even if I make a mistake, it maybe good that it’s done without hesitation (laughs).

When you first come on stage, I get the impression of a feeble girl, but…

Hahaha. When I first come on stage, my attitude is too weak. I still have the sense of “ballet” within me.

You started learning ballet since you were little, huh.

The other day, I saw a video of Mako-chan when she first started. And I thought her frank attitude was good.

Do you think you have to have an attitude?

Not necessarily so. When doing ballet like behavior, in the end, it is not cool. Isn’t it cooler to crumble your behavior a little bit? Well, it is not cool if you start stooping.

Do you feel like a bit of a rock?

Maybe. Before, I might have held on the feeling of “I did ballet,” a little too long.

I’m sure that the feeling of the beat is completely different.

Yes. When I was learning ballet, I never heard of a 16 beat. Really (laughs).

During these 4 years, you sure have remembered a lot of things.

I was still my 3rd year of middle school, so I knew way too little. But, in a blink of an eye, 4 years have passed. I still remember my audition as if it happened just recently. The boarding house, the front of the boarding house, the pictures that have been drawn, but I didn’t draw any (laughs). Anyways, the speed the day passes by is fast. 24 hours just doesn’t seem enough.

When running around, in a blink of an eye, 1 year has passed.

When thinking of taking things importantly, time passes by too quickly. So, now I have come to think of valuing my own time more preciously. Until then, I thought, “It’s ok even if I don’t have time for myself?” So 1 to 2 years passed of time that I didn’t have to myself.

Right now, how do you value [treasure] it?

The little things. When I go into the bath, the time from bath to when I sleep, and etc. At that time, even if I’m not doing anything special, I’ve come to feel, “Ah, time like this is good.”

That is not Morning Musume Takahashi Ai, but just Takahashi Ai?

Yes, normal time (laughs). Without thinking and suddenly noticing, the “Ah, its already this time?” ; that time passes.

What do you do to pass the time?

Nothing too important. Usually, while grumbling to my mother, it becomes sleeping time (laughs). But, recently, I thought of learning English. Therefore, when I choose a movie, I can watch it again on DVD, but it is difficult. I can’t keep up.

Even when you are busy, that’s great.

First, while watching with Japanese subtitles, I listen to the English. Then I watch it with English subtitles. But, when watching with English subtitles, I only try to catch the spelling, and in the middle, I go, “Ah, what’s the meaning?” and don’t understand. Recently, I feel like I understand more than before, but I can’t keep up speaking yet.

Always with the same movie?

Yes. That’s why I look for a movie I won’t get tired of. Right now, it’s “Coyote Ugly.”

Wow, cool. Fits the image perfectly. If this is said to be, “A romance day off,” it’s still surprising (laughs).

Is that so?! Not too long ago, I was thinking of taking English classes. I want to learn everyday conversational English than English taught in school. I think I’m more attached to watching movies.

Other than movies, you can also learn from music.

That’s true. You can also dance in “Coyote Ugly.” Moreover, right now, I want to be able to sing like Leann Rhymes, whose song is in the movie. Yeah, right now, I think I want to learn songs more than conversation. I listen to a lot of Western music. If I don’t look at the lyrics, I don’t understand. Therefore, I want to get to the level where while listening to the song, I can go, “Ah, so that’s meaning of the lyrics.” I want to understand English to that extent.

You seem to get absorbed into things…

It might be a good thing.

Do you like studying?

More like I like seeing all kinds of things. Not only just Japan, I want to try to see things all over the world. Each country has their culture and traditions, right? Someday, it’ll be good if I can go around and see lots of things. But, first, I have to study Japanese culture.

So when a foreigner asks, “What is kabuki?” you won’t be in trouble when explaining (laughs).

Right. But, if somebody asks me about Takarazuka [an all female musical troupe], I have confidence in explaining.

Right now, do you think you not satisfied with yourself?

Maybe. I always think, “I can still do better.” I think that kind of thinking is negative. And then, last year, during the musical, I sought advice from the people who were co-starring. They said, “That is positive thinking.”

On the “not good enough yet” thinking?

Yes. The “I’m not recognizing myself, up to now,” is something I’ve been moving forward to. I completely understood. When I worry, I need proof that I’m moving forward. I felt quite relieved. That’s why, right now, I’m able to talk about it.

It was quite a big change?

It was big. I’m really glad I sought advice.

What you thought was negative turns out to be positive, just like when you think your blood type is A, but it turns out it is B.

Yes, yes (laughs). When I think I can’t, the me, right now, thinks I can do better; it’s a big reversal. Therefore, I will continue to think that way from now on.

Do you have fun as you gradually build a new self/

Ah, I might have that happen.

Right now, do you have some new interest that came to you during work?

In terms of trying something fun, I want to try drama or theater. I still don’t have self-confidence and to be able to say “I can do it!” yet. Recently, from the bottom of my heart, I thought, “Ah, this is fun.” I’m bad at remembering monologues and it takes time for me to remember. Therefore, I’m pretty sure I’ll be bad at dramas and theater, but I think it is really fun, so perhaps I can become good at it. I’ve come to feel that way. And so, I go watch a lot of theater shows.

To study?

Not only for that reason. Nevertheless, when I watch it, I think, “If it is me, I want to do this.” “Ah, I want to stand there.” Recently, I feel like on my days off, I go watch.

But, from when you debuted, you experienced theater in “Morning Town.”

But, at that time, it wasn’t good at all. I still didn’t have self-confidence [self-conscious]. I was already composed with my back facing the guests. That’s so long ago. At that time, I mailed Tsunku for advice saying, “I going to mess up my monologue.”

He replied, “Don’t worry about it, and do your best on the play,” huh.

Yes, yes. That’s memorable. I was really like a kid. Asking advice for that.

Well, last year was a big turning point year then.

Yeah. Last year, I turned 18. It was one year full of things. There were times where it was painful, but thanks to that, my way of thinking has changed. I’m glad I got over that.

Were there a lot of painful times?

Yes, but, of course, there were lots of fun times too. The painful things… were quite painful! When thinking like that, I become negative again (laughs). There are things I couldn’t do and I get depressed, but it was a good experience. Members, staff, and the people around me, all encouraged me. No matter how hard it was, it’s a blessing that I was in a good environment.

Right now, are you glad you are in Morning Musume?

I really do. I’ve been with the members longer than with my family, so we can understand each other very well. Therefore, recently, in the opposite, when I have long holiday, I miss them.

You want to meet them again, huh.

So, even on our days off, we all mail each other (laughs). That happens a lot. Therefore, it feels like family.

Being together that long, I would think you guys don’t want to see each other’s faces (laughs).

That’s what I think. But, not at all. Even in private [off time], we are together more than friends at school. Even during work, we promise to go together. Especially, with the same generation, we are the closest family.

Has it gotten so painful that you want to stop being in Morning Musume?

Hehehe, yeah. Honestly, it was right after I joined. I really got homesick. First, transferring schools was tough.

What time was the most painful last year?

At that time, I didn’t have any feelings of wanting to quit. Moreover, the musical was a big thing. The experience then really saved me. In the musical I received a major role. There was a great pressure, but at the same time, feelings of me wanting to do this came out. There was also a responsibility to convey the message that was in the story. Therefore, there wasn’t this pain of wanting to stop. It was wanting to be able to play the role.

When you are pressured, do you get pumped up?

Hmm, I wonder. I’m pretty sure that the more pressure there is, the more I want to do it, I think. In the beginning, I thought, “I can’t do this,” but in some time, my feelings change and I become fired up. When I think, “Ah, I’ll be ok,” I change to, “Ok, I can do this!”

You turned 18 now, are you feeling more mature?

Yes. But, long ago, I thought the 18 year old me would be more mature.

When you joined, did you think you would still be in Morning Musume even when you turned 18?

I didn’t have time to think about it. I didn’t even think about tomorrow (laughs).

What will 20 year old Takahashi be?

Hmm, I wonder. From how I think now, I want to it to change then.

But, you don’t want the curiosity that you have now to change?

That would be nice. When I have time, I want to be absorbed in things. Even now, even a little, I want to be in to a lot of things. It’s because I don’t want to feel like I’m not doing anything. I always want to do something. That’s why going to bed is wasteful.

You sure are greedy (laughs).

Ahaha. I know there are more important things then sleeping, it’s the time of growth. But, even though I have to go to sleep, I look at my watch saying, “Just a little more,” when I watch movies.

Life goes by fast?

Death might come quickly (laughs). But, that kind of time is not even bitter. It’s not that I don’t have a sense that I have to study. I think it’s more like a vitamin for growth.

When you turn 20, you might have graduated from Morning Musume.

I don’t know, I haven’t thought of that far yet.

What time do you think you will be graduating?

I don’t know anything about that. But, I want it to be a time where I think I can graduate. Doing the things you want to do; to graduate because you want to, it’s something like that. Umm, I really don’t know.

Well, then, there are two questions from the community. First, what kind of person do you think Tsunku is?

A great person. Even during recordings and lives, when I see Tsunku’s thinking and decisions, I always think, “That’s good.”

Up to now, have you sought various advice from him?

We mail each other quite a bit. Recently, I asked him for advice for the Hello! Project live that we are doing now. At that time, what Tsunku told me is Morning Musume sings other people’s songs and other people sing Morning Musume songs; for this reason we are great… something like that. Therefore, he says it’s ok to try harder and study music. Please sing the songs more carefully. Yeah, I really agree.

He somehow knows what you are thinking?

At the Hello Pro live, I sang Akai Nikkihchou. Just before the live, my solo part increased rapidly. Actually, it was really fast. Because of that, I think my expression, honestly, was feeling “composed.” I think that’s what Tsunku wanted to say.

The pain stabbed you.

Without getting the lyrics all mixed up, my head was filled to the fullest. So, I sang each line carefully, and I felt that my feelings didn’t get out of hand. But, I sensed what Tsunku said changed me. But, I’m still not there.

Something like, you can do more.

Yes. But, sometimes I try too hard, “go too far,” and I get mad (laughs). In “The Manpower!!!” they say I did way too much. It’s like, it’s fake, and even though I want to stop, I can’t.

Ahaha.

Isn’t my back small [proverb: I can’t remember what the meaning is, maybe she’s being literal..]? That’s why I want to show it’s big. Maybe that’s why I over do it (laughs).

Maybe, recently, we can see the big back.

Ah, I’m happy. But it is still small, because of Mini Moni (laughs).

Well, then, the last question. What kind of person is Morning Musume Takahashi Ai? Last time you answered “my pace.”

The “my pace” hasn’t changed. I still barely rush forward.

But, you know you are positive. More than before, you became the type to go forward continuously.

Right. It seems like I grew. But, up to now, my worries still haven’t run out yet. When I go home, I remember and worry about that stuff that happened that day.

But, you don’t show that on your face?

I plan not to show it to myself, but it seems [bare bare]. They often ask, “Ah, what happened?” (laughs).

My pace and…

Stubborn. Ehehe, it can’t be helped, but I’m stubborn. I’m stubborn, but I can be indecisive. If I’m set on one path, I only go that way, but even if a little doesn’t go right in the middle, I go, “Ah, what should I do? What should I do?”

Somehow, this peculiar characteristic runs through the 5th generation.

Really? But, I’m usually like this. Really like this.

But, it’s normal for people to think they are normal.

Unn, it might be a little [zure]. When it’s good not to be impatient, you are impatient. That might be a little weird. It’s like to praising a point, but you don’t praise it.

In other words? Something in work?

Yes. For example, after a live, when somebody said, “That was good,” I reply, “No, it still not good enough.”

Stubborn.

No, more than stubborn, when I’m praised, I definitely think, “Really, why?” I’m not obedient (laughs).

It might be that you think if you acknowledge that, you will stop growing.

Yes, I think so. I’m happy that I’m praised, really happy. I want to be praised. But, I still don’t want to acknowledge it. If I acknowledge it, I think that’s the end.

The next time you want to be praised more.

Yes, undoubtedly.

(2005.01.26)

Morning Musume My Best Song “Do it! Now”
More than “something like me,” the moment I heard the intro, inspiration hit, and I thought, “I love this song!” Until then, comparatively, when energetic songs continued, this mature, cool song was shocking. After this PV was shot, I knew Goto was graduating, so I thought, “This is the last song,” and wanted to sing it seriously. Up to now, it’s a reviving song where I remember things of that time.

Just a reminder, if you guys want to use these translations anywhere else but here, please, please, please ask me first. That's all I ask.  :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
Fenrir. :heart: Takahashi. :heart:

Best Christmas present ever.  :D

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2005, 12:44:43 PM »
Thanks Fenrir!!!

That was interesting :lol:

I think one of the guys here should do what I had planned to do with Abe, write a letter both in English and Japanese.... Takahashi might appreciate it if she's trying to learn the language :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline BugBunny

• miki <3 aya
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2005, 02:39:34 PM »
Thanks a lot, Fenrir

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2005, 02:46:47 PM »
When you turn 20, you might have graduated from Morning Musume.

I don’t know, I haven’t thought of that far yet.

20 is the best age to graduate  :)

Thanks!! Fenrir  :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2005, 06:04:49 AM »
Thanks Fen!!!

Nice read.

Takahashi seems to really think alot, it's like her mind never stops.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2005, 02:54:21 AM »
Late, but Fen <3~

Takahashi's so deep :lol:

Offline ky_khor

• 高橋隊軍曹
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2005, 03:23:46 PM »
praise Fenrir. :D

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2005, 10:51:42 PM »
Great job Fen!! :heart: Poor Takahashi. Poor girl is all pressured and unsure of herself from the interview. She's got lots to work on and she's her toughest critic. Someone give her more praise ROFL

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2006, 12:44:03 AM »
for someone as gorgeous and talented as Takahashi, it´s still surprising how modest she is and unsure of herself. she definitely doesn´t boast about how good she is, and easily turns shy when complimented. one of the main reasons why I admire her so much :heart:

thanks a lot for the translation, fen!!

Offline CCS_Tomoyo

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2006, 08:25:25 AM »
Can anyone please translate this song into English?
http://www.projecthello.com/v-u-den/ajisai.html
Thanks! ^^

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
Quote from: CCS_Tomoyo
Thanks! ^^

bot's posted his beautiful translation here a long time ago. :)

Offline CCS_Tomoyo

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »
Quote from: tama-chan
Quote from: CCS_Tomoyo
Thanks! ^^

bot's posted his beautiful translation here a long time ago. :)

Oh, didn't know that. xD
Thanks for the link and thanks to Bot for the translations. ^^;

Offline morningblueberry

• Member+
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2006, 09:49:49 PM »
thanks a lot for translation Fenrir13 you're amazing

i really like theme more when i read it ^^

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2006, 01:43:05 AM »
Back from the dead!!!  :lol:  :lol:

Brought to you by Fenrir Translation!

MM x Tsunku 2

Kamei Eri

Her second dream is “I want to change.”

Her bold, shocking short hair announcement came at Iida Kaori’s graduation live.
While in the process of changing Morning Musume, something is changing in Kamei Eri.
When she joined, you can see a quiet, shy, “Tokyo sheltered” girl.
When her dream of being in Morning Musume was granted, she didn’t like herself being like that.
But, now, I wonder how her 2nd dream of “I want to change” will turn out… I want to see.

Birth date: 1988.12.23
Blood type: AB
Birthplace: Tokyo
Debut Song: “Shabondama” (2003.7.30)
Stage Debut: Saitama Super Arena (2003.5.4)

The moment when you won the audition, do you remember your feeling?

I think it was, “My dream came true!”

Did you admire singers?

Yes. Since long ago, whenever I see a person singing or dancing on T.V., I get jealous. I wanted to be like that.

Well then, when you won, you were really happy then.

I didn’t know what’s what (laughs). When we were told, “You passed,” we were always tense. And, then, Sayu said, “Ah,” and smiled, but Reina and I sat there. Later, when watching it on T.V., at that moment, I really had a serious face.

Why did were you so serious?

I’m sure I was thinking a lot of things. Something like, “From now on, will I really be on T.V. dancing and singing?”  More than what was going on in reality, things in my mind were unfolding…

When did your actually feelings come in?

When everybody said, “Let’s call our moms.” At that time, my mom said, “Congratulations.” That’s when I first thought, “Ah, I passed.”

You have been together with Michishige and Tanaka since the auditions, huh.

When we first were able to properly chat with each other was the end of our time at the training camp. I thought those two would surely pass.

Did they shine?

Yes. I’m a person who thinks negatively, so I thought, “What will I do if those two pass?” In the beginning, I had feelings of “I definitely will pass,” but during the lessons, I started to worry more and more. I think I’m like this more than anybody else.

Did you imagine the worst result?

Even in the 3rd round, I was always worried if I failed or was not among the top 5 people.

But, when you joined, you said that you definitely would not lose in dancing.

Of course, I like singing too, but since 6th grade, I did classic ballet for 8 years. Even after that, I wanted to learn other cool dances besides classical and I started learning jazz dance. Therefore, as a person who has always been learning dance, I didn’t want to lose.

Do you still hold that feeling when you dance even up to now?

At first, I “didn’t want to lose,” but now, it’s more important to have fun dancing with everybody. I want to be the top among them, but it is the most fun when I’m having fun dancing with everybody else. More than just “Dance! Dance!,” like the dancers I see on T.V. and think that is cool, I want to be able to dance like that.

Your first job as Morning Musume was the all nation handshake event.

Yes. I was really happy and touched. The older members weren’t there, so it was an event with just the 3 of us in the 6th generation. Just for us, all those people gathered… That always has touched me.

Did you think I’m going to do my best from now on?

Yes. When handshaking, they say a few words and I was really happy.

So you were with the older members of Morning Musume after that?

Our first job was when we were shooting the jacket for Sakura-gumi and Otome-gumi. At that time it was really bad.

Were you nervous? Excited?

Surprised. To the left, there was Yaguchi, to the right, there was Yoshizawa. It was like, “Wah, is it really them? It really is them!”

Even though you, yourself, are a member of Morning Musume.

Yeah, it is like that. Really, I couldn’t believe it. That’s because, to think I’m part of the world that I watched on T.V. up to now… I thought it was amazing. I was really nervous.

When did you really start to think that you were “a member?”

When did I… I did have a moment when I realized that it was natural of me being in Morning Musume. Around that time, I was talking to the older members normally and even telling jokes. I was really happy when the feeling of I didn’t belong was gone, even though I was there.

Was it because you were in the Morning Musume world that you saw on T.V.?

Yes. When I watched them on T.V., I often heard and it is said that Morning Musume is like a family and I wanted to believe that.

When you became a member, was it different from what you imagined?

As I thought, it is a strict world. When watching on T.V. all you can see is them having fun singing and having fun talking, but just for one show, there is dance lessons and there are various versions for just one song. In that sense, you don’t know everything just by watching. Actually, I was surprised how hard it is.

Since you thought it would be more fun, have you thought of not doing it?

More than not wanting do it, I was worried if I was able to do it. But, gradually, I have come to think that I’ll do my best this way, so I can be happy for the people watching on T.V. Even when thinking that it will be hard, my feelings change, unaware, to “I do it,” and “If it is us, we can do it,” and I think that I’ve become stronger.

Well, what about being happy when you joined?

That I have changed.

How?

When I joined Morning Musume, I said I wanted to be impressive. In school, I’m a kid who can’t do speeches. I’m not able to raise my hand. I was a kid like that. But, Morning Musume is really cool and impressive. Therefore, if I’m able to be impressive, I thought it would be more and more fun. So, now, I’ve become a person who can say “Good morning!” energetically, and naturally. It’s surprising.

You also were poor at greetings.

When I joined, my greetings were in a quite voice, like “Good… morning.” So it’s always said that I have a quiet voice. Every time somebody says it, it’s painful. But, I thought I couldn’t become depressed by it. In order for them not to say that, I had to change. So, somehow, naturally, I became stronger. Now, I can greet normally and energetically. I am the most happy about.

Compared with two years ago, which part of you do you think grew the most?

I think it’s remembering the dance. In the beginning, I was really slow remembering.

Even though that is your forte?

When I was doing the dance during lessons, even though I remembered it fast, actually, there would be a lot of mistakes when I was dancing the vague parts. But, since I joined Morning Musume, there are parts where I dance with the others, so I have to remember it piece by piece. In the beginning, I desperately followed the older members, but now, I think I have become faster.

When watching the dance, is there an older member who does an example?

I always watch Takahashi and Yaguttsan. Ai’s dance is really pretty and each part is perfect. That part is amazing. Then, Yaguttsan is energetic. The most energetic. Therefore, when I’m behind Yaguttsan, in order not to lose, I want to dance energetically. I think it is fun dancing energetically.

What about singing?

During lessons, I can do it if I’m singing in front of the teacher. There are many times I can’t do it when it’s the real crucial moment.

Because you are nervous?

Probably. I’m nervous and I can feel the pressure of singing. In the beginning, I worried quite a lot. But, recently, during singing lessons, the teacher would say, “You’ve come to like singing a lot, huh?” When I ask why, the teacher replies, “Because you seem to have fun even though it’s only practice.” (laughs) I’m happy about that.

So after all, when you are able to do it, you are having fun?

Yes, it’s fun. I’ve come to understand when I’m to sing and dance, I’m having lots of fun and it feels great.

If you are able to do it, do you have a fun personality?

Hehehe, yeah. But, I was different back then. I was the type that would say “It’s ok if I can’t do this,” before I can do it. I would say, “No more,” and quickly give up. But, now, I think if I give up, I lose. That’s a part of me that greatly changed.

When you just joined, you said something like, “I still haven’t shown the real me.”

I did. But, recently, I’ve been said, “You are gross.” In the beginning, that wasn’t said.

Hmm, gross?

In the beginning, I didn’t want others to think I’m a “weird girl,” so I made sure I did and said various things properly. Now, when I do things normally, Yaguttsan would say something like, “Kamei, that’s gross!” Then some reason, I start laughing by myself.

That…might be because it’s gross.

But, even though they say that, it’s fun. That might be because I’m weird, huh, (laughs). I’m happy when I think I’ve become used to it. In the beginning, I was nervous and I felt I was faking naivety.

Since you aren’t faking it, it’s gross.

Ahaha, that might be true. It seems that there’s a gap[?] of laughter between me and other people. When I watch a lot of people steadily doing something, I want to dash out by myself. That’s what everybody says it’s gross. Probably, right now, I’m using every part of myself to do my best.

Each of the 6th generation has a unique individuality.

Really? No, the other two are interesting.

That’s what the other two exactly said.

Is that weird? It’s been said that’s weird. But, I think that is normal, so I don’t think we need to fix it.

Do you have a sense that they are rivals?

Yeah, I do. Especially in the beginning when the 3 of us were doing events together, that was strong. When the 3 of us are dancing, it feels like it became “I’m aiming to be the top.” It feels like we are always compared with each other by our surroundings.

Did you get along with the older members fast?

Well, Iida and the others were already adults. At first, we didn’t talk to each other at all. It was like a great mature aura emitting. Recently, I’m able to talk to them normally, but before, when I sit next to them, their aura is so great, I just go “Wahh~” (laughs).

What do you call Iida by?

Iida-san. Sometimes when she says, “It’s ok to call me Kaorin,” I can’t call her by that.

What about Yoshizawa?

Yoshizawa-san. Before, when I called her “Hitomi-chan” jokingly, she said, “It’s ok to call me Hitomi.” “I have never been called by my first name,” so I replied, “Well, I’ll call you by that then.” However, in my heart, I thought, “I definitely can’t call her by that!” But someday it’ll be good to call them by that. When you start changing to call them by their nickname instead of adding a “-san” at the end, you feel that you are really close and you feel happy.

So in the beginning, you felt close to the 5th generation members, huh.

Yeah. I got along with them really fast. Gaki is the same age as me. It’s easy to talk to them.

Did you have the chance to become closer with the older members when doing activities as Sakura-gumi?

Yes. I was the only 6th generation in Sakura-gumi. At first, since it was just older members around, I was really lonely, but instead, because I was by myself, I learned a lot of things from them. I learned a lot for Abe, so we got along.

What are some things that you learned that are useful?

For example, the way to learn the rhythm. I was the only one to be called clumsy, but I didn’t know how to improve. So then, Abe stood next to me and did the rhythm parts together with me. So I watched and copied, and little by little, I was able to do it.

But, when you heard that you guys were going to be split into Sakura-gumi and Otome-gumi, were you shocked?

I was surprised. At first, before the jacket picture shooting, the 3 of us did the fitting for the costume. And then, I thought of the problem of why I had a different costume than them. Afterwards, when I was told that I was going to be separated from them, I said, “Eh?! What’s going on?” I thought that us separating meant not being in “Morning Musume.”

So that’s what you thought, since you just joined Morning Musume.

Yes. But, we did Morning Musume activities together, so I was confused. So when I heard it was to be Sakura-gumi and Otome-gumi, I was all happy.

Since you became 6th generation, there have been a number of graduations. When graduation happens, do you feel that the group has changed?

I wonder if it has. I don’t know, but I haven’t changed. Ah, but, when Non and Aibon graduated, I’m sure something changed.

When one graduates, does the responsibility become heavier?

Yeah. When I see them graduate, I feel like I have to try harder. When there are a lot of great influencing members graduating, there is pressure. There are also the thoughts of, “this is my chance.”

Right.

Even if they graduate, they won’t change as being older members. I still get advice and I want to show them that I’m doing my best.

Iida will be graduating soon.

It’s coming up. We finally just started talking recently, it’s really sad. She is like an older sister or a mother.

And in spring, Ishikawa is also graduating.

Ishikawa was the first to call me Eri. Usually, I’m called Kamei-chan, but she asked, “What shall I call you by that you will be happy with?” When I replied, “It doesn’t matter, I’m happy if you call me.” So she replied, “Well, then, I’ll call you by Eri.” Sayu and I call her “Onee-chan.” But, she is graduating soon. I still can’t believe it.

The older sisters are graduating, so the 5th and 6th generations are becoming more and more the focus of things.

I wonder what will happen. I think I’ll be ok.

I wonder if you will be ok…

I am worried. Up to now, I would go ask Iida and Ishikawa for things I don’t know. With those older members graduating, I want them to be able say, “Kamei, recently, you have been working hard,” but… un, I’m worried. But, I think Iida and Ishikawa are probably more worried. About myself right now. Therefore, I want them not to worry.

From the Morning Musume now on, what kind of part do you want to be?

Eh, the “energetic good girl.” Recently, I have been told that I seem happy and energetic.  I’m really happy about that. Therefore, if I can be Morning Musume’s energetic and good girl, that would be the best.

That’s because you yearn for a energetic Morning Musume.

Yes. Bright, happy, and energetic!

Kamei, were you an energetic kid?

I am, but I hardly let is show.

Right. Therefore, when you joined, I thought you were most like a well-mannered daughter.

You thought so?

Yup.

You said the same thing earlier. I’m surprised that people see me that way.

It’s like you are the person who plays the piano at home.

Yeah, a lot of people said that. They say that classical [music] fits me. But, really, I’m nothing like that at all. Whatever said, I have boyish personality. Therefore, I wanted to say, “I’m really different,” but at that time, I couldn’t say it. I wonder if I haven’t shown myself yet.

I can see a bi-polar personality.

I wonder why. But, it must be something that I show to make others think that. What do you think right now?

Something completely different. I was mistaken (laughs).

I wonder if I should be happy about that (laughs).

Have you ever thought about when you might be graduating?

Yes. Probably… the time when I’m able to graduate will come. The other day I was talking a little about it with Ishikawa. When I asked her, “Are you happy that you are graduating?” she replied, “Since I have been doing Morning Musume up until now, I will be sad.” However, it may be sad, but to be able to graduate from Morning Musume, I would be really happy. To graduate, I will be able to become more mature. We talked about things like that. And then, someday, something like that, I want to be able to leave a graduation where anybody can appreciate.

I wonder when that will be?

Not yet, not yet. Right now, I still have lot of things I want to do in Morning Musume. I still have to train myself more.

Have you ever thought of “quitting?”

Yes. But that was when I just joined. It was during at time when I couldn’t keep up with the dance and things and it was painful.

You said something like this previously; if you can’t do it, then you will stop.

Yes. It was really painful. And the Eri then was still kid. When I go to school, I thought, “Why is everybody having fun and laughing?”

When you joined Morning Musume, you got jealous of the everyday life.

Yes. Since from now I had to do lots of things. It was really a kid way of thinking. But, my dream came true. I’m doing something that not everybody can do, so I didn’t think to boast. I gradually come to realize that I couldn’t let it end with “I can’t do it,” with the things I couldn’t do.

In doing all kinds of work, what do you think is the most fun?

The concerts are the most fun. I still can’t believe it, even now. About me on stage, singing. It really is like a dream. It’s somehow marvelous. Just once, I want to see myself on stage as Morning Musume through the audiences’ eyes.

At the New Year Hello! Project live, you seemed to sing Abe’s “Koi no Telephone Goal” joyfully.

Fufu, I was happy. I wanted to let everyone know my voice. But, before going on stage, I was quite nervous. I was thinking, “This is bad!” all the time. But, when I started, the nervousness changed to fun. I thought that I really do like lives.

You sure grew up during the 2 years.

But, just like that it’s been 2 years.

And new members will be joining soon.

This time, those joining would be the 7th generation. If it was now, when the younger members join and asked questions, I have worries that I wonder if I would be able to answer them well. As I thought, I still don’t have the self-confidence of an older member… But, when the 7th generation members join, I will be able to grow then.

Well then, you need to grow more until the 7th generation joins.

Yes. Even Iida said that this time is a big chance. I really take those words seriously. In other words, just because the younger members haven’t joined, doesn’t mean that it’s ok to take it easy still.

For example, you wonder what kind of person you will be 5 years from now?

Un, 21 years old? I still want to sing. I still would want to sing in Morning Musume, but I also want to try my best doing other things.

What about marriage and retirement?

Ah, I want to get married.

Is that so?

The last point in life is marriage, right… Marriage, right?

It’s not like that! You get married and other hardships start.

Ah, my mother said the same thing (laughs).

Ahaha. Are you the type that if you get married, your way of life is thrown all in pitch?

I think so probably. I don’t think I’ll be able to be together. If getting married is happiness, I’ll take that. But, if I still have a lot of things I want to do, then work is more important than marriage. Right now, I still have lots things I want to do.

Speaking of which, last year, an older member said, “Even if Kamei was just standing next to me, her mature aura coming out would be scary.”

Ehh, Can I become a person like that?

Even if you say its ok to call me Eririn, a new member might think that they definitely can’t call you that.

Ahahaha~. It might be like that! If it does, I’ll probably remember today’s event (laughs).

Lastly, two questions from the community. First, for you, what kind of person is Tsunku?

Iida and Yaguttsan say he is like a father, but for me, it would be nice when the day comes when I think him like a father. Right now, he is an older person I admire? Teacher? Something like that. I have an image of him as a great person and I still have a lot to learn from him. Even when we meet to do a recording, I can’t help but be nervous, but Tsunku is extremely friendly. There’s a unique atmosphere. I can’t a normal conversation with him.

Get pressured from his aura?

Yes. I’m weak among bright, shining people (laughs). I get nervous and my tension goes up. I’m weak against that kind of pressure.

You get nervous even now?

Yes. But, he emails after a concert. He’s very kind.

What part does he praise?

Before, he would email saying my dancing is good. I would be extremely happy and mail it to my mom to see. “It’s Tsunku!!! That Tsunku!!!” (laughs). At that time I was still a person following the newest fads.

In the beginning, Tsunku said that you had good “stubborn spirit”.

I did let out that kind of stubbornness. I had a feeling that Tsunku was able to see it many times.

Well then, the next question. What kind of person is Morning Musume’s Kamei Eri?

I wonder. If it’s one word… a strange person? I’m often said that.

Do you think so too?

I don’t.

Then what kind of person do you think you are?

An honor student.

That you can do anything?

No. I don’t have good records, but more than an honor student, a type that grinds?

Um?

I give it my all doing things. It’s just my test scores are bad…

But you do your best?

Yes. But to do things the best you can takes up time. A lot of time. Even so, when I decide to do it, I do it no matter what. Therefore, when I can’t do it, it’s really painful.

Little by little, I start to understand.

Something like an idiot who grinds [without stopping].

(2005.01.14)

Morning Musume. My Best Song “ Ii Koto Aru Kinen no Shunkan” (4th Ikimasshoi!)
Before I joined Morning Musume, I always sang this song at karaoke. I love the lyrics. For a person who thinks negatively, like me, the lyrics encourage the heart. I also like the melody. There are more and more people who don’t buy the albums, but when they hear this song on the album, they will know that there are lots of good songs on albums. I also want to try to sing this at a concert too.

Actually, her wish of wanting to sing that song at a concert came true at the next MM concert tour: Spring 2005 Dai 6 Kan Hit Mankai! aka Rika's grad tour.  :)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2006, 02:04:36 AM »
AWESOME Fenrir

When watching the dance, is there an older member who does an example?

I always watch Takahashi and Yaguttsan. Ai’s dance is really pretty and each part is perfect. That part is amazing. Then, Yaguttsan is energetic. The most energetic. Therefore, when I’m behind Yaguttsan, in order not to lose, I want to dance energetically. I think it is fun dancing energetically.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)