JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Lonely

Author Topic: AFI Awards 2009 Top 10 Movies of the Year Announced  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
AFI Awards 2009 Top 10 Movies of the Year Announced
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »
AFI Awards 2009 Top 10 Movies of the Year Announced

The American Film Institute today announced the official films of AFI Awards 2009, AFI's "almanac that records the year's most outstanding achievements in film and television, as well as significant moments in the world of the moving image." This year's selection includes a mix of the true greats of 2009 and some gems that I'm glad to see mentioned. "The AFI Awards 2009 selections are made through AFI's unique 13-person jury process in which scholars, film artists, critics and AFI trustees discuss, debate and determine the most outstanding achievements of the year, as well as provide a detailed rationale for each selection."

AFI Movie of the Year - Official Selections:
Coraline
The Hangover
The Hurt Locker
The Messenger
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
A Serious Man
A Single Man
Sugar
Up
Up in the Air

I'm not sure why they always just choose 10 films, but it's a good selection. Of course, having seen Avatar, I'd like to see it up there, too, but oh well I guess. I'm not sure how The Hangover worked it's way on there, that's another surprise. Sugar is a very underrated film that I'm glad to see getting some love on a best of the year list. And of course, the rest of them are great as well, like The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Up, and of course, Up in the Air. You can bet that most of these will probably end up nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars next year. AFI also made an awesome YouTube video highlighting the best films.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/13/afi-awards-2009-top-10-movies-of-the-year-announced/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: AFI Awards 2009 Top 10 Movies of the Year Announced
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
The Hangover? XD

I've only heard of 2 or 3. 

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Lonely