JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Morning Coffee

Author Topic: Post the latest Geek/Nerd stuff that you bought  (Read 74774 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Post the latest Geek/Nerd stuff that you bought
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:50 AM »

the Linksys EtherFast Cable modem

there's a lot of specs that i an list but the most important one is this
-Up to 42.88 Mbps Downstream and Up to 10.24 Mbps Upstream, Two-way Cable Modem
this makes it much more better than my previous cable modem.  especially when downloading torrent.  when i download torrent with my previous cable modem, it was really slow and affected my entire internet network, all others computer was slow as well. this changes all that.  cuz it's allow up to 10.24 Mbps of upstream (uploading)  which is what torrent is rite?  downloading and uploading at the same time. 

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 02:04:14 AM »
Just bought this today:

HP DVD1040i

20X DVD-R and can do dual-layer.  Might not seem like normal to you guys, but my DVD-RW drive is many years old and could only do DVD-R at a max of 4x and had no dual-layer capabilities. x_x

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2007, 05:54:34 AM »
^ I have mixed results with dual-layer, its pushing the limits of burners/players compatability because the transition is at the very edge of the DVD where writing is problematic anyway.

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »
has anyone came across 'power calibration error'.. seem like problem occur only when i use nero.. solved when i use ashampoo..

damn, the error spoil about 10pcs of dvd+r.. and after that i just buy a new dvd burner (lg).. after using lg only that i think of maybe software problem.. i'm using 480w Thermaltake butterfly and my rig are not that power hunger..  :banghead:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »
has anyone came across 'power calibration error'.. seem like problem occur only when i use nero.. solved when i use ashampoo..

damn, the error spoil about 10pcs of dvd+r.. and after that i just buy a new dvd burner (lg).. after using lg only that i think of maybe software problem.. i'm using 480w Thermaltake butterfly and my rig are not that power hunger..  :banghead:
Haven't really seen it many times, but it has to do with that the software tries to set the laser power to the speed it it going to burn on (and fails) no idea if it is your drive that has the problem or the software is just reporting it wrong.

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2007, 06:13:55 AM »
thanx.. i already google and found out that the version of nero i'm using got this problem.. updated to latest version and problem solved.. now got two burner.. headache.. should spend the money for my upcoming 500gb special for hello project HDD.. damn it..

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2007, 05:23:05 AM »
Bluetooth adapter. This one girl I know borrowed my USB cable in June and still hasn't returned it to me. I know, I know, I should just call her up and go get it from her. Considering that she lives almost 3 hours away though (in the city of Brandon, MB if anyone wants to look it up), and thus taking into account how rarely I see her, it's not likely gonna happen.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline AzN_DreaMerS

• Clone of ""
  • ecchi
  • Clone
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:59 PM »
new I-pod nano

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2007, 05:29:58 AM »
Seagate 300 GB Internal Ultra ATA/100 16MB Cache Hard Drive, five-year warranty, Barracuda 7200.9. I bought the casing (Metal Gear) separately and voila, an instant external HDD!  :w00t:  That's the way to save big bucks!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:35:23 AM by g4rfield »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »
Moved a bit up in the DVD player department: Toshiba HD-XE1

HD-DVD, can upscale normal DVD's also:

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/products.nsf/pages/hddvd-hddvdplayers-hd-xe1

The thing is freaking heavy: 6.2kg!

(next: a HDMI 1.3 1080p capable TV :) )

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2007, 01:34:15 AM »
personally I would have just gone for the xbox360 and movie adapter for the price. But I don't take you as a console gamer(or maybe I'm wrong). It seems nice though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:34:32 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2007, 05:40:34 AM »
personally I would have just gone for the xbox360 and movie adapter for the price. But I don't take you as a console gamer(or maybe I'm wrong). It seems nice though.
Correct, not a 'gamer' at all, I do strategy games sometimes but they are few and far between.
BTW, the Xbox seems to be very bad at upscaling DVD's, and makes even more noise then thisone. Also when finished, this will require only two cables to connect: power and HDMI (although it does have a network and USB ports)

Shooters should be mindless, not require repeating things over and over again to get to the next level... where you do the same (Don't need that, wolfenstein was enough)

Just ran 'The Matrix' (HD-DVD) thru it, wow, even connected with only component the detail and coloring is WOW :)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2007, 05:56:09 AM »
Until I go 'full HDMI 1.3', some new cables to connect the equipment to the TV:

Belkin 3m VGA to DVI cable (1.8m was to short, puts to much stress on the cable partly 'hanging' from the laptop to the TV):

4m Tara Labs Prism 100v Component Video cable, to connect the HD-DVD to the TV for now:

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2007, 07:08:58 AM »
the Xbox seems to be very bad at upscaling DVD's, and makes even more noise then thisone. Also when finished, this will require only two cables to connect: power and HDMI (although it does have a network and USB ports)

Shooters should be mindless, not require repeating things over and over again to get to the next level... where you do the same (Don't need that, wolfenstein was enough)

1) THe xbox is always loud.  When you're an xbox owner you just get used to it @___@
2) They should be mindless yet don't require repeating thigns over and over?  Those two statements contradict each other.  Mindless = doing the same thing over and over, usually
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »

W53CA - English Page

FINALLY!!! Got a new keitai.. Kept putting it off and off, but couldn't put it off any longer, due to the one I had was totally fucked.. It would constantly turn itself on and off, always had no signal, reset the date and time, and today it even dialed a number by itself..  :?

The new keitai was 28,000yen, but after all the different discounts for changing companies, being on the same plan as the wife...etc, it only ended up costing 1,700yen... SWEET  :D

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
it only ended up costing 1,700yen... SWEET  :D

:o :o

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »
W53CA - English Page

480x800 in a 2.8" display? That should give some good quality japanese characters :)

Me: Pioneer DV-600AV (multiregion DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD and USB input, Divx/WMV/WMA):

Kompleets the 'upconversion' of DVD players to HDMI 1080p level.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2007, 02:59:08 AM »

2GB microSD card for the phone..
Bloody thing cost 3x what the phone ended up costing..

And they weren't wrong when they called them "micro"... Damn, they're small.. (11mm x 15mm)

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2007, 03:50:40 AM »
Bloody thing cost 3x what the phone ended up costing..

damn ...  I know a place is selling them only $29.99 .........

Offline Genesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2007, 05:32:07 AM »

Seagate 7200.10 500GB HD

which brings me up to~ * Genesis - Disk Information: Total Disk Space: (415.5GB/1.73TB - 23.5% Free - 14 Drives)

Panasonic RP-HT722

and some nice cheap headphones to replace my 2 year old Panasonic RP-HT711. The plastic connecting the left earpiece broke off >_< I could tape it and still use it, but the wiring in the volume controller came loose so the sound would fade in and out. But these headphones are absolutely fantastic for the price no matter what reviews you might read online. And they will last you a long time if you only use them at home and not carry them around in bags while you travel >.>

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Morning Coffee