JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 287792 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)
« Reply #880 on: July 10, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »
Day 2 -

"We took seats at the back row near the entrance & chilled.  Then some old dude came by & started talking to us.  He had a press badge around his neck.  Not the kind I had, but the separate smaller one that said PRESS at the bottom.  He said he was from USA Today & was covering this event for them.  He seemed to be less than pleased about it for some reason.  Slow news day for him? Fluff piece he didn’t want to write? Whatever.  He asked a lot of questions about who JPH!P was & about our t-shirts.

Then he asked us about the concert & why it was such a big deal to us.  So I was right, no homework done by mainstream Western media.  If he had done his homework he wouldn’t even have to ask.  But oh well.  JFC did most of the answering with Jab & I just kind of interjecting every once in a while.  We were about to go more in depth when the party started."
LOL yeah, I remember that. If I remember correctly, the old guy said that his editor/supervisor didn't think that anything AX-related was worth writing an article for, but that he was going to try and do one up anyway and hope that it would be impressive enough to get published (like you said, might have been a really slow news day for him :P). Oddly enough, I don't remember seeing that old guy after that.  He had "affiliated" himself with H!O, I think, so maybe he was with some of their peeps.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #881 on: July 10, 2009, 08:20:55 AM »
Hey Ops. What did u win from the raffle thing from Japanfiles?

I won a P9D poster & a SYO poster.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #882 on: July 10, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
Day 3

woke up like SHIT. first time ever having a hangover lol. booked it to the tsunku panel with the guys. THE MAN's panel was pretty awesome, a bigger turnout than i was expecting. more people wanted to ask him questions than i expected to, too. after tsunku's panel a handful of us went back to the hotel to work on the scrapbook. me and ping finished it up with some help from arun, and i think mugen was just there sitting around for some reason lol. finished up around 2 and headed back to the con with the book and the gift basket. got to the dealers room and met up with the gang. hooked up strawb3rrykream with a ticket for the session, thanks to aa!rita for that. sat around for a while waiting for the line to be cool. finally got in line and the staff was totally douchy as most people have already said. i wont go into much more detail. got my pic-cards signed. was about to shake reina's hand (she was first in line), her hand was about to touch mine when the handler was like i dont think so dude. reina apologized and said thank you. i was being rushed by the staff so i didnt get to say anything to anyone really, they just smiled and i would say thanks. got to aika and when she looked up she remembered me from the breakfast. shes prolly totally in love with me now, babes. barely remembered to tell eri she was my favorite member. she seemed embarrassed but said thank you and smiled. asked koha if she remembered me, she said yes but i think she was lying lol (see the interview post for more on that). told junjun we had shirts for them and other gifts over on the table.

got out of the little room and staff was jockin us like woah. we all sang happy birthday to sayu and she made them open the side curtain so she could wave at us. we all kinda stood around and had staff yell at us and threaten to pull our badges lol. exchanged experiences with kanki and others while we all waited for mm to leave. headed back to the hotel after some brief planning.

hit the izakaya at 6, shit was JUMPING OFF. quite possibly the best night of the tour and one of the best ever. period. had about 25-30 jph!psters chilling, boozin, eatin, actin a fool. fucken good motherfucken times. the palce was playing mm songs for us for like 45 minutes straight. toasts were made, asses were grabbed, drinks were slammed. went out to find an atm, came back and boy was looking too. we checked out the arcade, called arun down to play some ggxx with us. he schooled us pretty well lol. by the time we were done in the arcade, the gang was heading into karaoke.

karaoke was fucking magical. i dont remember the entire setlist but rokun, comfen, IC and diffstory and their friend all mad rockin the h!p tunes. me and fen did some m-flo loves that seemed to blow everyone away. some dudes tried to crash our party, but were dealt with by our fearless leader. group started to get smaller and our time was up so we all sad good byes to people who were leaving and headed back to the hotel to plan for sunday.

End Day 3

Day 4

Everyone went to the airport to stalk mm leaving lol. i was waiting on a phonecall from someone who i needed to meet up with so i hung back, boykun stayed with. we got some food then hit the con. checked out conops to follow up on the lost bag of shirts. dude said theyd had it for 3 days but didnt tell anyone cus it seemed so valuable. gj asshole. went to check out the dealer room a little bit. went over to the japanfiles booth and talked to Jeff a little bit. ran into alohellofan and we walked around some more. found the balzblue booth and queued up. played a few rounds before boy had to take off. i played a few more rounds and decided to take off. went and found this quiet ass hallway underneath the food court area and just there by myself lol. called my friend back home to talk for a bit then called my mom and said hi lol. met with fen briefly and by then the guys had come back.

went over to the auctions since the girl at the jph booth told me the mm and h&a signed posters were being auctioned off later. auction was long, but fun. JPH!P won the hueg signed h&a poster for $300. the mm one went for $1700, which was a little out of our price range lol. took some pics with the poster after and then hung out a bit. finally was able to connect with that phone call id been trying to get all day. so left the guys at the con to go handle it. met back up with them outside staples. jab was worried about the skeevy hotel shuttle guy jacking our poster so me and arun huffed back to hide the poster in arun's room instead. turns out we didnt need to since jab decided to stay back cus he wasnt feelin well.

met back up with the main gang at this seafood restaurant. had a good fucken time there. said bye to some more people by meals end. took ckd into downtown to visit 7-11 and parted with the dinnysaur. got back to the hotel and me and ping had to gtfo cus it was LATE and we still had a 90 min drive.

got lost on the way home cus i was ranting and missed an exit, ended up in santa monica lol. got home around 2ish i think.

End Day 4

well thats it for my recap. hope it was an interesting read...lol anyway, just wanna say i had a fucking blast with everyone, so glad everyone could make it from near and far! no one at the con had swagga like us--people asking wear to buy our shirts, asking where our booth was? no booth, we pimpin from wall to wall out of backpack! and stickers everywhere! as for all the people i met, yall were awesome:

daigong fucking reppin like he bleeds pink. generous, kind, loud, brash, the fucking man. no better leader than this. kanki amazing to finally meet you, thanks for hanging out with me and putting up with me lol, wish you could been with us the rest of the time, been missing you since day 2 arun bein my shoulder and my ear, mad props for helpin out a drunken fucker. dinny fucken love you girl, youre too awesome. ping my man (nohomo) fucking awesome to finally meet and hang out. planning shit for future, fosho flyp old crew back together again, we rollin! jab awesome to finally meet you bro, sick as hell and snoring like thunder lol. tris great to finally meet you, girl! good job tag teaming with me on the interview, we so baller sev you sexy motherfucker, coming all the way to LA to giggle at some japanese popstars. fuck it was great to meet you bro fenfen fun to hang out again! we tore up that m-flo, well do more next tiem! mugen fucken young honger, sleepy as hell and a crack up aewen conversion final i hope, glad you joined us and hung with a real crew! awesome girl limt quiet lowkey mofo. lol we still gotta do soem ggxx, but it was great to meet you man jayson, a_p, masa, aa!rita, t-back stand up fuckin dudes, awesome to meet you guys commie awesome to finally meet THE comrade, such a tourist (gah you're hot) strawb3rrykream omg you're so chibi and adorable we shouldve sold plushies of you. sayah & shan you girls are great, awesome meeting you, JFC bout damn time man, thanks for coming and thanks for bringing that fucking brother of yours lol kuno fucker, trying to punk us, fucking right you needed to show up! davetron quieter than i imagined lol thanks for coming all the way to hang out man, great to meet you bigfreaky fucking photomaster and scaring mm with your cosplay. awesome dude lol rickker, rokun, linna didnt get to talk to you guys much, but it was nice meeting you! ckd glad you could come and hang out man, see what the worlds about, get that slurpee action going opsmonkey crazy dude, droppin $1k on h&a dolls, good to meet you man differentstory12, I.C., friend of theirs had a great time meeting you girls, hope to see you at the next meet too! terrie & sevii yall are awesome too, repping taiwan with jphip like swagga.

omg if i forgot anyone im sorry.

JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2009 LOS ANGELES BABY

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #883 on: July 10, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »
Hey Ops. What did u win from the raffle thing from Japanfiles?

I won a P9D poster & a SYO poster.

cool good stuff!

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #884 on: July 10, 2009, 08:47:36 AM »
@ichijoujirena

Wonderful review. Naturally I agree with everything you said since... I experienced the same thing as you. I've had enough of sugar coating it. I wrote a post on AX's board that was "nice" because I want them to hear what I felt and saw so that someone might read it and look for ways to improve, but honestly, in my opinion, Anime Expo itself is a major pile of shit, ultra disorganized convention that I wouldn't go back to if I was paid to. The only reason I had any fun at all was ichijoujirena was with me and the couple of Morning Musume events. Day 0 was such a farce. "Skip the lines, pre-register!" My Ass. What a load of horse shit. The line was bad enough, only for their computer system to fuck up and make us wait an extra hour and a half? Yeah, nice. I feel so bad for the people who waited for several hours only to get shafted along with the rest of us. And then, yeah, our line to get the badges. What a great idea, genius staff. The computer for one row breaks, so MAKE THAT ROW WAIT TILL YOU FIX THEM INSTEAD OF MOVING US TO ANOTHER ROW OF COMPUTERS. :bleed eyes: The icing on the cake was when they moved our shaded ticket line BACK INTO THE SUN. I was starting to rage while you were already FFFFFFF. XD It sucked major balls but at least we were there to back each other up. :)

And yes, the exhibit hall line was insanely long, but at least we accidentally got in some shade this time. Once we got there, ugh, what a mess. It looked like a giant circle jerk, not a line. Then just as we had found the end of the line(most popular guess anyway), that Narutard who looked like a retarded tokyocooney threw us all off and got us out of "line". Then a JapanFiles guy got us semi-fixed up only for an idiot AX staffer to come and make a new fork of the line resulting in people getting all mixed up in terms of order. Then, only to get to the JapanFiles booth and be treated like assholes for wanting to buy stuff. I remember that lady snapping "WHAT YOU WANT" when you took more than three seconds to order, then her yelling at me when I accidentally forgot to give her a 5 with my 20. Though it might have seemed worse after this amazing con experience we've had up until this point, at the very least, it was still a little rude, and questions my wanting to support them. Also, yeah, I loved how people were getting so furious at the lines, yet when those Japanese wota butted in line at the jpophouse booth no one raised a finger about it. It was almost a good thing you and I were already burned out and barely cared about autograph tickets. XD I understand why people were upset and we were just as annoyed, but Jesus.

Anyway, sorry if my/our ranting upsets anyone, we're just giving an honest view of this con. Morning Musume was nothing but fantastic. This con was anything but. And yes, I realize the con made it possible, hard work, blah blah blah. Not the point. The implementation was still terrible.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:11:58 PM by Datalanche »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #885 on: July 10, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
@OpsMonkey: You're so lucky!! *is envious* :lol:

@ten: Epic review you got there dude! Aww, you're too sweet~ :wub: strawb3rrykream chibi plushies huh? I got that Mini Moni going on. :P *starts humming Jankenpyon*

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #886 on: July 10, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »
Finally got enough sleep and free time to work on my report. lol Sorry if it's filled with random stuff. lol I had to write it all down before I forget. XD

Without further ado: STARTO!

JPH!P/AX Con Report 2009

Day 0
Picked up ebc and Commie the day before and woke up to a phone call from Dinny asking where we were and telling me that MM will be arriving at the airport today. lol Talked about meeting MM at the airport before, but I didn't want to go unless it was positive that they were coming that day. Had a brief discussion with Com and ebc and decided that if we didn't go we would regret it for the rest of our lives, so with that we zoomed off after telling my mom and dad that we would meet up with them later for lunch. Left pretty late actually, about 30 min before MM was suppose to land. Had to go pick up ebc at his hotel and then using my awesome LA driving skills we managed to get to the airport about 30 min. after the plane was suppose to land. Met up with the other JPHipsters inside and then ran outside to where dinny was because where ever Dinny was I was sure that I would be able to see too. lol Com and ebc joined us a little later. Waited, waited, and waited until we started to hear some screaming and yelling from inside. I pulled out my camera and set it to video mode and captured all MM walking by. I didn't realize I said LinLin outloud until she turned around to wave with some big eyes. XD I waved back and then we decided to follow MM to their shuttle, but kept our distance as well because we didn't want to scare them away. lol
Anyhoo, left the other jphipsters to go eat lunch with the parents because it was my dad's b-day. lol Yeah, skipped out to greet MM instead. XD But did manage to squeeze lunch in, got some boba, and then off to LACC to pick up badges. Nudged ebc and Commie in the right direction to get their badges while I went to get mine and met up with them at the reg lines. Waited with them and then when we were inside, I had an EPIC FAIL where both my legs cramped up and knocked me down to the sidelines. lol While recovering, helped some Japanese wotas head in the right direction and answered some questions for them about the autograph sessions. lol They were all pretty nice. :) Met up with the other jphipsters outside and chilled while other ppl got their badges. Unfortunately, because of my EPIC FAIL, I decided to head home early to recover, so we couldn't join up with the rest at In-n-Out. :(

Posted earlier, but just in case you missed it; My video of them arriving at the airport.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:49:00 AM by Fenrir »

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #887 on: July 10, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »
Official AX pics from the concert

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #888 on: July 11, 2009, 02:36:52 AM »
LOL FEN.  You're only done Day 0.  Whole bunch more to go. :P  I'm writing a bit in my lj, but mostly just random stuff that has more to do with me being a TOURIST (buwahahaha!) in LA/SD.  But I have so many favourite memories.  The FenTen m-flo groove was the shit, and JFC/KT duo brought a tear to me eye, along with the awesomness of Rokun jumping in and singing MM's entire repertoire (LOL, well, not quite all... XD).  The izakaya felt like old times back in Japan with a huge group of whacked out crazies praising Hellopro.  Awesomeness. Cheers-ing with everyone and breaking bread made me feel like I've always been part of the family.  :heart:  Dinny, next time we're in the same room for a couple of hours, we'll have to try our staring competition again.  I'ma kick your ass.  What else... what else... OH YEAH.  The girls.  Super fun meeting them at the airport and going all stalker on them.  Got the cutest Sayu pic and a freaking hilarious LinLin one. 8D  I think that moment (see Fen's review) turned me into a LinLin fan.  Finally got to see Tsunku on stage.  The guy's the epitome of cool.  Oh, and can't take mugen out anywhere.  Hopeless. :roll:  And lol, yeah, Daigong needs to get his Canadadar repaired, but mm mmm, his lips are soft... ;P  KT's long hugs made me feel all warm, JFC... damn, man, finally.  XP  Rll: I love you.  Your moment of "Wait a minute, where is the party?" was priceless. Tris-chan, you angel.  Your voice... You know Hollywood was just around the corner, right?  Uh, so many people.  Can't write it all.  But just about every moment in California was so exciting for me, and it was all because of the company.  Damn, this post sounds like a freaking high school yearbook message from a sappy grad.

p.s. To summarise my time with Davetron:

:heart:
Because I can't exactly put into words all the craziness we got up to.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:54:01 AM by Comrade »
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #889 on: July 11, 2009, 03:05:07 AM »
LOL commie, come to vancouver and we'll party like rockstars! IM LEGAL OVER HERE DAMMNIT!  :lol:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #890 on: July 11, 2009, 05:55:44 AM »
Awesome Rena! :D I'm really glad you've written it all out. You've jogged my memory some for my upcoming LJ blogs about all of it. :) Though I do have some comments for here about what you've brought up.

tl;dr We got in trouble for taking picture because the AX staff was too fucking stupid to know what was going on in the area they were allegedly guarding.

Ah, yes, I made triple sure to write about this in the AX feedback thread. I loved how when I moved closer, I lifted my camera above a red-vest AX staffer's head to take a picture and they just grinned at me. We weren't looking to cause any trouble, so when that one guy who half-knew something rounded us up and treated us like criminals I didn't really appreciate it at all. The funniest part of all was the moron didn't even check our cameras. I regret that I actually complied with their request to delete the pictures and video. I'm glad to hear that AKB48 in France had a WAY cooler policy. Anyway, it was just funny in the end, but I thought we were going to get kicked out for a second. XD Also, that dude who bolted was hilarious. Also, I just remembered that after he was done with us, he made no effort to find the group that ran off. Nice one. :smhid

Anyway, the concert was GREAT.

Truth. It and to a lesser extent the autograph session were the only highlights of this garbage con. Our seating worked out great. I was shocked when I saw no one was in our row, then we looked at each other all :w00t: about it. Totally kickass moment. The girls put on a truly amazing show. In hindsight it's even more amazing considering that according to their bodies, it was 6AM. The only downside was... you guessed it, AX STAFF. What good does it do to check tickets once the concert has started. We later realized they kept checking seats over and over because the amazing staff at ticketing OVERSOLD the rows behind us. :doh: And also, I liked how they got ZOMG SRS BZNSS over people having their feet six inches out of the chairs while others(Sayahchan comes to mind) were getting downright beaten with glowsticks and people flailing around like idiots. If you were wondering where the help was, they were helping us, the row with some of the most tame, civil, kind and considerate people there making sure our feet don't block a fire exit or some other bullshit designation for the coordinates of which ground we intruded upon. Seriously, everyone around us, you were awesome! And yeah, the camera work was... amazing. By amazing I mean gross. And yeah, we were chanting "Encore" with the foreign fans. That was so awesome. Then, when AX staff just said "LEAVE!", we all started chanting, "AX SUCKS!" XD

We skipped the Q&A Panel Autograph tickets because we had our tickets for this event already...and we kind of regret it in a way.

True. If we had known how much funner the AX event was, we would have given our best effort to go. But again, I am just glad we got to get one period. A lot of people got shafted for various reasons so I won't bitch about not going to the funner one.

Though I will bitch a small bit about...
The moment of truth finally came and...was ruined in 5 seconds. "NO HANDSHAKES, NO SMALLTALK, KEEP THE LINE MOVING!"

I want to know what the hell happened between AX and UFA. The mood noticeably changed after the concert and first autograph session. The theorist in me thinks that UFA did not like how the autograph session that AX hosted was so 'open', as in handshakes, talking, etc. Supposedly their events in Japan are quite strict, so I guess if they did that here, fans over there might demand the same thing? That's kinda weird though, because I'm sure AX would cater to whatever UFA wanted for their signings. Still, the obviously irate AX and LACC staff and how they were at a point threatening to shut down the Exhibit Hall autograph signing... something definitely happened between someone. Still, rushed and impersonal as it was, we got our autographs and what more can we ask for? :sweatdrop:

C-Zone

They are a pretty good group. I got a picture with them. :pimp:

And I can personally attest that Rena's gifts were super awesome. I watched her draw over half of them. :)

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #891 on: July 11, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »
The dohhhups are out with the opv contest winners and the video they shot during the announcement is truly hideous.

During the concert and even during the opv talk I watched the live action (far away as I was) for the most part while only occasionally glancing at the monitors. I really don't remember such thoroughly craptacular handheld video work during the concert. Is the amateurish dohhhup stuff the same as the video projected during the event or is it from another source?

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #892 on: July 11, 2009, 10:37:37 AM »
Hey guys. Finally got a chance to get on the site, and I just wanted to recap my thoughts on AX. Completely disorganized and  :shakeit: :yossi: (uh, drunk friend sorry) you had to pay for everything. Which I guess is sorta understandable, even if that's not how we do it on my side of the land. I'd probably go back if someone paid for my tickets because LA was wonderful and the cosplayers were awesome, but holy crap, not getting an autograph pissed me the hell off. Like the kind of pissed where I was beating walls.

But then I saw C-Zone, and decided I was getting an autograph if it killed me. So I did, and a handshake and they were really nice and cute and it made me calmer knowing that some lines weren't a complete waste of time. I've heard some people say that the whole autograph debacle made them not like MM as much but, hey, it ain't their fault AX doesn't understand good time management and it was a little like spitting on us and saying, 'We don't need your business, commoner!' but whatevs.

It was really great to meet all the H!Pstas in person but it'll prolly be a while before I travel 3,000 miles to wait in line my whole trip again. Love you guys that I did get to meet at the Hello Party, even the ones that weren't on JPH!P, maybe next time MM will come a little closer to my home. *fingers crossed for an eastern seaboard tour*

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #893 on: July 11, 2009, 10:57:26 AM »
LOL FEN.  You're only done Day 0.  Whole bunch more to go. :P

LOL Actually, I finished Day 1 yesterday too, but I thought I post one each day. :P lol With that, onto Day 1.

Day 1
Back at LACC, split up with Com and ebc and headed off to work. Saw a bit of the opening ceremonies from HQ and then left to LP1 to prepare the next GOH panels. Won't go into much details, but you guys probably all saw me as the one who was running back and forth on the stage putting the name cards and water on the table and talking to Yaz about how the panel was going to be. Anyways, MM came in we ushered them behind the screen where we had to tell them to keep their heads down because you guys can see them from the other side. lol They sat and prepared for the panel and I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot. lol MM decided to goof around and threw up peace signs during the video after they knew you guys can see them. They got up again to get ready and again we had to tell them to keep their heads down. lol Ai-chan gave her sheepish grin and smile and a short bow as I motioned to her to keep her head down. lol So cute that I melted. lol They chatted amongst themselves and Reina, being smart, just stood off to the side away from the projector screen beam, so she didn't have to squat like how the rest of MM were. lol Well, after that they went on stage and I won't go into how the panel went as there are many other people who wrote about that. If I get around to it, I'll translate what went on during the panel as I know there were some stuff that wasn't translated. Also talked to their manager a little, mostly just a short introduction. lol He asked if I was Japanese and I told him I wasn't. I wanted to talk to him more, but he was busy with his own little headset and I didn't want to bother him.

After the panel, I booked it out of there to the autograph session. After a short confusion about the location and a brief conversation with my manager, I told the autograph staffers that our moderator told the wrong location for the session. While I was explaining what was going on, Mittsi and Sayu? walked by and Mittsi noticed my badge had a picture of SYO on it and she was like "Ah!" lol Such an adorable, energetic, and honest kid. Love her to death. Anyways, because of that it seems that two lines were formed. One where the line was  suppose to be and the other at the other end of the hall/exhibit hall. I think the other line got to go in first before the actual line. Either way I left that for the autograph staffers to sort out and I met up with the other hipsters in line and joined up with them in the wait. ebc decided to join in the fun and because he didn't have anything to sign I gave him one of my photosets to sign.

Got into the room where I saw Manager-san again. He recognized me and asked if I shouldn't be working right now. lol I told him I had a nice boss and he let me go and told that that these chances don't come often, so I was glad that they were here. Anyways, got to Ai-chan and I was a little starstruck. lol But I did ask her how was LA and how her English was coming along and I got the usual Ai-chan response of grunts?/sounds? of excitement for LA and "mmmm" for the English question. lol I believe she said something else to the LA part, but by then I was melting under Aibutt goodness that I cannot remember what it was. lol I think it was something about being happy here in LA and looking forward to the sights? lol Anyways, told her good luck and keep studying and hopped over to Gaki-san. Can't remember what I said to her, but did get a handshake from her. And then off to Eri. Asked her if she really liked turtles. lol She replied yes and got a handshake. lol She's so funny. She thought I said kami which meant hair and I said no and repeated my question. lol I can't remember what I said to Sayu, but she was also cute in person. lol For Reina, I think all I said was ganbareina. Ah, because Reina's sig took a little longer to sign, I looked back to ebc who was behind me and was having Sayu sign, so I asked him if there was anything that he wanted to mention and ebc said for them to come to Australia which I promptly translated. Sayu replied with an energetic hai. lol Koharu, I remember saying that she's always genki which she replied back with a cheerful hai. XD Mittsi was like an adorable puppy dog and when I pointed to my badge and asked her about seeing my badge earlier she replied happily, yes and a big thank you. lol I started talking to JunJun in Chinese and she was like wth? Everybody here can speak Chinese. lol I told her that a lot of Chinese people live here, but told her my Chinese wasn't very good. She replied no, that it was fine and I wished her luck in Chinese and the translation in English. lol She didn't quite get the connection at first, so I repeated it, but by then they were pointing JunJun to the next sign behind me, so I'm not sure if she got it or not. Linlin signed my last pic of the photoset and gave a big baibai which I replied with as well.

Walked out and met up with the other folks to gush over the event, but I had to hurry back to my work. I didn't want to keep my boss waiting, so I said bai to the other jphipsters and went back to work. I think I tried to find out what the other guys were doing that night which happened to be bowling, but poor Mugen couldn't get in. Was gonna go bowling but I realized that would be all night and I was already tired as hell, so we decided to join up with others at CPK and finally met Rokun. lol Good times! :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:49:55 PM by Fenrir »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #894 on: July 11, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »
lol fen, is the manager the dude with the long hair or the bald dude? during the guest reception, i managed to slip dai's business card to the translator, and Eri, Risa and Reina looked at it then the dude with the long hair took the card from them and kept it in his pocket.  :w00t:

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #895 on: July 11, 2009, 11:33:52 AM »
^ the guy with the long hair is MM's manager. At least that's who he introduce himself as. lol

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #896 on: July 11, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
^ the guy with the long hair is MM's manager. At least that's who he introduce himself as. lol

lol awesome. i hope he checks out the site. that guy surely did not look like a manager though. More like a stylist or w.e,  :lol: i want his job! or at least train me to be his protege  :P

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #897 on: July 11, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
Great report fen! Bringing us the behind-the-scenes information, hell yeah!

Man, if there's anything about A-X that I'm upset about, it would be being sent to the wrong location for that first autograph signing and showing up about 45 seconds too late to get into it, as it seems to have been the best session of the con, but ah well, I was so lucky with everything else, I can't really complain; just seeing them in concert was my dream come true, so being able to meet them and go through even the hectic final autograph session is more than I could ever ask for.  I'm so thankful for everything that DID happen that I find it really silly to complain about what didn't happen.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #898 on: July 11, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
lol MM decided to goof around and threw up peace signs during the video after they knew you guys can see them. They got up again to get ready and again we had to tell them to keep their heads down. lol Ai-chan gave her sheepish grin and smile and a short bow as I motioned to her to keep her head down. lol So cute that I melted.
Dammit Fen, you got to quasi-boss around MM!

* JFC iz jealous.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »
good reports everyone, im too lazy to go through and give everyone a thanks lol.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)