JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Musume ni Ishikawa Rika - Bye Bye Saigo no Yoru

Author Topic: (Group) Gang Kiz (갱키즈)  (Read 20184 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gang Kids (갱키즈)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »

http://twitter.com/goninri

Pics from the MV or some teaser, perhaps. If that's their logo, it's pretty cool, haha. Hangul on the left, KIZ on the right. And bullet holes, how gangsta... :lol:

Hanging out with the choreographer...

And some more Sooeun goodness.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »
Looks like we have to update their name. They're now (or always were?) Gang Kiz.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
Even better. Seriously. I appreciate the commitment to the idea  XD
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gang Kiz (갱키즈)
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »

Aight, Gang Kiz it is. I'm not sure if this is an improvement or not... more like lateral movement, hah. But I sure am glad I can mass tag picroda pics... :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »
YO YO YO IT'S GANG KIZ IN DA HOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUSE YA KNOW WUT IM SAYIN'

._.

Well, it looks better, and I can pretend that 'kiz' doesn't actually stand for 'kids', so I guess it's an improvement :lol:

So disappointed in the promoing though, way to use stereotypes

Oh look at them handling those guns like proper thugs!! How dangerous and exciting!!  :roll:

I'm waiting for their 3th or 4th single when they have their obligatory cutesy image change and they're ready to ignore the name of the group or pretend it doesn't matter.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
Ohhh, so that also explains the group Monday Kiz, kiz = kids. That explains everything! :P But since there is no sound for "z" it's pronounced with a "j". I loved it when T-ara kept saying "jombie" for zombie when they did their Lovey Dovey Zombie ver. MV. :lol:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
^ Try telling that to Secret :P Maaaazik, mazik, mazik :note:

Haaa, Gang Kiz now, huh? I guess it does make me think less about the whole 'kids' thing. Nine Muses haven't done cutesy yet, so maybe Gang Kiz won't either!! Though just considering their name and CCM, I'm not counting on it :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

Well, we have an lq teaser for "Honey Honey". Guns guns guns. Certainly has some of that T-ara sound.

--

Looks like the teasers are from:

http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=2976

but they're "Korea only". Bastards. Lots of pics in there, at least.

Official Twitter: http://twitter.com/Gangkiz1
Official fan cafe: http://cafe.daum.net/GM-Gangkiz
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:29:53 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
I like it so far. Though I'm a little confused on what's going on exactly in this teaser. I hope we don't get a seizure-inducing mv.

Haein looks mighty fine though.

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 07:23:42 PM »
^^ COOL! CCM never disappointing me XD Can't wait the full MV....

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »

'We become gang' Oh engrish :lol:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
Hmm..Practice video before MV? Odd haha

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »

The first of, I'm sure, many MV versions. This is all getting awfully familiar... :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »
A lot of deliciousness going on in that MV, with a (very) healthy dose of facepalm. A little too long though, so I look forward to the next 3 versions (of which only 1 will be significant). I'm curious to see how long they can keep up the bad ass image XD. I would imagine all they have to do is put a gun in someone's hand regardless of how totally not gangsta the actual song is...
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
Haha mang. I appreciate the girl bonding and bikini and underwear o_o Yeah the song is very T-ara. Not sure how much I mind. THINGS!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
Korea is really obsessed with Honey aren't they.  XD

Man they really do look freaking hot :drool: I also like that there is a group not debuting 15 year olds. :P Seems like a standard hook song though (like a blending of elements from other Shinsadong Tiger and Choi Gyu Sung songs) but not bad. Usually for debuts a group should do more of a "image" song that showcases some character, vocals, dancing or other skills of the group. Show something they can do that nobody else can, I don't really see that yet tbh.

They seem to be really going for a sexy but fun loving and friendly type thing based on Lovey Dovey and this MV (along with some melodramatic stuff lol). I'll have to see em on some variety shows and stuff.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
Well that video explains Esther's f'd up hairstyle. XD

The amount of hate on this group is ridiculous and unnecessary. I just want to tell them to shut up but I know they're like under 16 so I don't want to deal.  :smhid I mean yeah they sound similar to T-ara because hello, they are from the same company and probably use the same producers. Although I heard they were under a sublabel under CCM. And yeah their vocals aren't spectacular because this group is made up of models and actresses therefore singing and dancing wouldn't be their greatest strength. And from their other songs floating around YT, there doesn't seem to be any lead singers, so line distribution might be equal for this group (my shock! :P) Unfortunately, none of their songs have that "gang" style we were hoping. I knew it :roll: If anything they are more of a visual group and they definitely got that down.  Haein  :drool: lol

Here are their songs from their mini album

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 05:20:42 AM »
I like the 1st MV and the image portrayed seems fun to me... a more mature image than we usually see in idols, feels like After School with troubled girls XD  Scenes in underwear, girls licking each other's fingers and being all touchy is not my thing, but I found it interesting and refreshing to see such a "daring" style of girl group.

I don't like the song though. IMO, it's like a remix of a few T-ara songs, and it doesn't match the PV or their image at all. I hope for more interesting videos like this Honey one, coz their music alone (so far) won't keep me interested.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
Well, that was a confusing MV. I rather like the song but it doesn't match up with some of the scenes they filmed especially when you get shots of something dramatic and then it cuts to them acting cute and happy. :|

I like their album though their isn't really a song that springs out at me though but I like it.

Haein~ :heart:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 01:04:36 AM »

Let's get gangsta. Live debut at Music Bank tomorrow!

GANGKIZ < HONEY HONEY > will HOT DEBUT ! on Music bank 18 May 2012

Yeah, their album isn't exactly stellar based on a few listens, but I like what I see at least. Here's hoping they provide some sexy on-stage goodness as well. 8)

Some picspam:

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201205160100124060009164&ServiceDate=20120515

Still no official profiles anywhere I've seen... C'mon girls, don't you want to be in the nice and shiny birthday countdown? :P

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Musume ni Ishikawa Rika - Bye Bye Saigo no Yoru