JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Just Go

Author Topic: [Discuss] Things you would not have believed in 2009  (Read 2495 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] Things you would not have believed in 2009
« on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »
AKB48 has been around for quite a while now and a lot of amazing stuff has happened over the years.

I thought it might be fun to look back and point out some things which we would have never believed if predicted in the early days.

For example:
- Matsumura Kaori (a KKS with slight annoying voice and "ugly girl" character) not only got a solo debut but is also outselling Oshima Mai.
Oshima Mai is one of the aces from the early days. Yet her latest single sold less than 3000 copies, whereas Matsumura already sold 2700 copies with an additional 3000 copies being released a Nagoya Dome.  Who would have believed this back then? Nobody.

- Sashihara Rino winning the election by pwning Oshima Yuko and Watanabe Mayu. Sasshi's been around since 2007 so it took her almost five years to establish her current position. It's another example of steady growth in popularity rather than peaking due to pushes. Anyway, the point is nobody would have believed this girl could ever beat Yuko and Mayu in a direct popularity competition, haha.

Get the idea? Might be nice to reminisce and point out some of the amazing and wacky moments in AKB48's history.
I got plenty more examples, but rather than listing them all I want to hear what you have to say! (:

Offline ゲキカラ

• Member+
Re: [Discuss] Things you would not have believed in 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »
That I would be listening to AKB is what I initially thought to write.  Then I realized I get round to listening to just about everything eventually.
ねえ、怒ってる?

Offline Churi

• super high school level cutie
  • swag master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Basically, if someone came from the future and told me 5 years ago that Tomochin, Takamina or Kojiharu would rank outside of the Kami 8 like they did in last year's election or that Umechan would have eventually entered senbatsu in the elections, I would have probably laughed at you if this was 2009.

Offline Jackobob

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:01:39 PM »
That I'd be into any of this i'm 2013 for all Asian pop that was my pendulum stage

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 02:44:31 AM »
That I could become a dual-idol-conglomerate (i.e. H!P and *48G) fanboy.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Just Go