JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - GIRL TALK

Author Topic: General Japanese Rock Thread  (Read 248570 times)

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: General Japanese rock thread
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2007, 05:39:42 AM »
Awesome, dude. I'm thinking about going to see G3 next week. Mainly want to go to see Gilbert (the concert's in Greensburg, where Paul's from). My friend said that he could get tickets, but I haven't heard back from him, so I have no idea if we're actually going.

dude, don't think, GO !!   ;D

You'd be pleasantly suprise how pure FUN it is to see the three of them jamming the heck out of those axes at the end too!!  The other two seemed to be playing even better now Paul's on board   8)

check your local CL for un-used tix that ppl might sell there; that's where i got my tix in the sold-out shows mostly these days.. ;)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Re: General Japanese Rock Thread
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2007, 01:54:17 AM »

Thoughts gogogo!

Good, solid album at first listen, especially the first half. There's a good number of dance-able tracks. The Yume Shindan remix is weird, maybe even throws off the flow of the whole album. But solid album nevertheless. The album version Hane no Hikari isn't as great because there's no Kayo! lol. Mexico Pub is probably the standout track. Definitely my favorite.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2007, 10:21:01 PM »
Here's some cool news for vk fans. Yoshiki (X Japan) will be having a little festive with nine bands playing out in LA on May 25th & 26th
You can read about it here:
http://www.myspace.com/jrrevolution

The bands are:
Alice Nine
Vidoll
Duel Jewel
Miyavi
Kagrra
DespairsRay
Merry
girugamesh
mucc

I'd only be interested in seeing girugamesh, kagrra and DespairsRay, but it's cool nonetheless.

Baba Booey

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »
I'd go for Merry and MUCC, but that's about it. Pretty cool, though.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2007, 04:36:11 AM »
hmm... looks like just in time for when finals are over. Maybe I can use this to take out any aggression left over XD

I like some Merry, Girugamesh, and Mucc's recent stuff. Not really bands I'd prefer to see, but I've liked at least one song from most of those bands and looks interesting enough to check out.

I'll consider it if I don't remember how over-rated I think viskei is >_>

I hate how it's called J-Rock Revolution... J-Rock doesn't mean viskei damnit -___-

If there will be hot gosurori chicks, I'm game though lol

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »
Here's some cool news for vk fans. Yoshiki (X Japan) will be having a little festive with nine bands playing out in LA on May 25th & 26th
You can read about it here:
http://www.myspace.com/jrrevolution

The bands are:
Alice Nine
Vidoll
Duel Jewel
Miyavi
Kagrra
DespairsRay
Merry
girugamesh
mucc

I'd only be interested in seeing girugamesh, kagrra and DespairsRay, but it's cool nonetheless.

o..why can't he play in the east coast??? ;)
the last time he's here is just for an appeareance...we need some of your live music here too, yoshiki !! ;D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2007, 12:47:51 AM »
I don't think Yoshiki is playing anyways...

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2007, 01:03:35 AM »
Yeah, he's not playing anything. I think he's just announcing each band before they go on, or something along those lines.

Baba Booey

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
damn,!!! you have a festival in america O_o I could cry... damn it! and europe??? i hate this :(  :stoned:

we have wacken in europe! but only dir en grey plays there this year! oh no^^

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2007, 11:23:30 PM »
If I could, I'd give you the Festival lol

But that's Yoshiki's decision probably wanted it in LA cause that's where he's currently living XD

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »
 ;D Have fun there!!^^ i'm not a big XJapan fan 'cause I don't have anything of them^^ ---->so i don't know where he lives^^  ;D ;D  ;)

Offline Zaxx

« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
I just bought a ticket for Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS concert on the 30th of April. Thanks BradVickers for introducing them to me :-) I'm looking forward to that one. Their new album comes out in 3 days. Maybe they'll sell it on that evening. Signed by Eita would be cool :-D

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »
I just bought a ticket for Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS concert on the 30th of April. Thanks BradVickers for introducing them to me :-) I'm looking forward to that one. Their new album comes out in 3 days. Maybe they'll sell it on that evening. Signed by Eita would be cool :-D

Awesome, dude! You've got me jealous now! haha, try to get an autograph for me.
Have fun, though. I expect a full report of the concert... with pictures!

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »
Make sure you take plenty of Eita pics :P

Offline Zaxx

« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

Now I put myself into something by bragging about the ticket here :-o
I normally live by the no-camera-rule of H!P concerts, is that a good excuse? I could try, but maybe the fear of H!P security guards and the nightmares I had of them are too big.
As for an authograph... uhhh... just don't get your hopes up, ok?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
Now I put myself into something by bragging about the ticket here :-o
I normally live by the no-camera-rule of H!P concerts, is that a good excuse? I could try, but maybe the fear of H!P security guards and the nightmares I had of them are too big.
As for an authograph... uhhh... just don't get your hopes up, ok?

haha, don't worry about it, man. I was just joking around. Don't do anything that will get you in trouble!

Baba Booey

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »
anyone into maximum the hormone???

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
lol that band always seems to be keep popping up in this thread...

go back a few pages, and then go back some more XD

Offline Zaxx

« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »

So, I am back from the Jikuu Kaizoku (space-time pirate) SEVEN SEAS gig in a Live Club in Shinjuku.
I hate myself for not getting there earlier, as it was already quite full and I was stuck in the back :-(
Anyway, it started with Gachinikofu (drums) shooting with a (toy)gun at the audience followed by (like their first CD) some story telling including an introduction of each space-time pirate. Every band member had a nice entrance with a sound effect (haha sorry don't know how to describe it better). But Eita had a cute magic one wohooo.
Every member seemed quite true to their role. Prince-YO was the cool bishie one (with mostly females in standing on his side) handing out roses, Tatsuhowa Sho-Gun was the funny guy providing the most laughs from the audience, Eita being of course the cute one (with a mostly male audience in front of her) throwing out plushies and other cute things and Marshal K being the best stereotype warship captain/general doing salutes and stuff. Gachinikofu was stuck in the dark area of the stage behind his drums only saying one word before/after the encore. But according to the webpage he's a russian spy from the year 2030 - maybe that fits :-)
The show itself had some interaction with the crowd, but with only about 100 people you can't get much out of the crowd even if you're the best entertainer. There was one song where the crowd was supposed to follow the flag waving of the Marshal but only very few of the audience even had the flags which we were supposed to buy/get before show started (if only I had known).
Every once in a while during the gig sho-gun and the Marshal hit each other like a manzai comedy duo. Not quite sure about them, but apparently they are the funny two together.
Eita played just like in the clips and on the CDs very good and fast and was quite active during it - Either by head banging or jumping around. The people who had a better view than me probably enjoyed her show a lot :-) She was even singing quite an amount of background vocals into her microphone which almost can't be heard.
Here are my two 'best' pictures I was able to make. I wasn't sure if I could use my camera, but a few songs before the end someone took a pic with his cellphone so I took the camera out and tried - and failed.

Eita was mostly moving (as you can see in the pics) or behind heads (since when is everyone so big in Japan??) or the light wasn't enough for a pic.
I like how in the first pic it looks like Marshal says 'Hey drop that camera!' :-) He did that a lot to the audience were usually the pointed at person replied with the same hand sign.

Here are 4 very short movie clips I took with the camera (including crappy quality video AND audio) joined to one single XVID file which looks imho better than the pictures I took:
Jikuu Kaizoku Seven Seas - Small Clips Live in Shinjuku (2007-04-30).avi (8.42 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ejn4iny22mm

And here is what maybe everyone was waiting/hoping for. The new (mini) album called Confusion. 9 Tracks, 27 minutes, 128kbit Ogg Vorbis, no story talking (but a short rapping part in one track which wasn't in the live gig):
Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS - Confusion.zip (26.73 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?75mnz3mgcmn

That was probably my only chance seing them live as the only other announced show of them in Tokyo where I am still here is some kind of festival where they are only listed as opening act and not under the main performing artists... So I am not sure if I even want to attend that... Anyone knows these acts Imitation PoPs 宇宙戦隊NOIZ/人格ラヂオ/Phantasmagoria/R*A*P and would recommend me to go there (the name R*A*P scares me the most)?

PS: Thanks for reading :-) Didn't think I could write so much even without much complaining about my place in the room and how much I'd liked a fixed numbered seat like an H!P concert :-)

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »
Awesome, man. Thanks for the report, pics, vids, and the new album!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Funny that all the girls went to Prince Yo and all the guys went to Eita.
about that other concert, I've heard a few tracks by Imitation PoPs noiz and they're not bad. You should see them just for the fat drummer. Phantasmagoria has a few good songs. They're breaking up soon, so they'll probably be putting on a good show. Never heard of the rap guys.
thanks for the report. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them soon...

Baba Booey

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - GIRL TALK