JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - Mouse of the Pain

Author Topic: General Japanese Rock Thread  (Read 248594 times)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Re: General Japanese Rock Thread
« Reply #340 on: July 21, 2007, 05:33:29 AM »
Liking what I hear on the samples. 345 getting more lines is definitely a good thing.

Also,

Pretty awesome I think.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
Ouch... looks like mucc didn't have a fun time opening for Gn'R:
http://theothereast.wordpress.com/2007/07/19/mucc-gets-100-direspected-by-asshat-guns-fans/

Now, I'm not a fan of theirs, but that's some fucked up shit.

Baba Booey

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »
Wow, what the hell. Fuck those guys, MUCC rocks.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2007, 04:50:50 AM »
^ Saw them last night, and during their second song, I went outside for more beer and smokes, and didn't go back into the venue til after they finished their set, which a lot of others also did.. Just didn't like their style of music at all, and thought they were a bad choice as an opening act for Gn'R..

As for that sitting down bit and not letting MUCC fans to the front, well I didn't see any of that last night (probably because I didn't stay), but can understand people doing that... If you want to see the opening act, you can just spend a few thousand yen and watch them in a small live house.. These tickets on the other hand were 12,000yen, and a lot of people lined up for hours to get good ticket numbers (or are fanclub members), and to give up your good spot at the front, so people can watch a regular band that they can see anytime, is just stupid.. 

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »
oh damn, that's bullshit. I absolutely hate it when people boo the performers on stage. You don't have to like it, but give a little respect. It's even worse when they start throwing shit and mess with the equipment. Gotta hand it to MUCC though for staying on stage and playing their set and more to compensate for gn'r for being late.

The people up front didn't have to leave their seats but they also didn't have to be such assholes.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »
haha, Tatsurou should have pulled an Axl and dived into the crowd to kick some ass. That's rock n' roll. Shit, I would've become a fan if he did that.

Baba Booey

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2007, 04:25:38 AM »
Totally agree that booing and throwing stuff is bullshit, but I didn't see any of that when I was there. And yeah, while I only stayed for 2 songs, my buddy stayed for the whole set and didn't say anything like that happened at our gig..

Personally, I think this whole fanboy/girl rant is bullshit.. Out of the 5 shows, only 1 had seating (Nagoya) and the rest were "all standing". They wrote about fans "interfering with the equipment", but how, that gear is on the stage..

Offline Shrikatetsu

• ばか
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Oh, there's that electricty room!" Cookie Holiday
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
I'm loving Maximum the Hormone right now, purely for Zetsubou Billy! On my last.fm, it got to my second most listened to song in less than a month and I have been on that site over a year now!
I am your friend for life! DEAL WITH IT!

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
Looks like Siam Shade will be reuniting for a one-night show at the Budokan in November, http://www.amuse.co.jp/siamshade/info.html

Pretty cool.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »
Looks like Siam Shade will be reuniting for a one-night show at the Budokan in November, http://www.amuse.co.jp/siamshade/info.html

Pretty cool.

Yeah, that's awesome. Too bad it's only a one-off show... Maybe something will flourish out of it. I haven't been keeping track of what the members, except for Daita, have been doing lately.

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2007, 08:12:38 AM »
I just read about that a couple days ago, sounds cool. Too bad I won't be able to see it, unless they release a dvd or something...

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Well, looks like SS are releasing a best of next month:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SECL-540
Not really sure what it is, though... Says it's a live best of kind of thing. Also includes a DVD with songs from their final concert (that they've already released on DVD). Don't think I'll be piking this up. I have their box set and the final live dvd.... strange

Baba Booey

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2007, 05:12:26 AM »
So anyone heard of ACID BLACK CHERRY yet? Its kinda like Yasu's (Janne Da Arc) side band that also includes SHUSE (ex La'Chryma Christi), YUKI (ex Aucifer), Chisato (PENICILLIN), Sugizo (ex LUNA SEA) and others. Their first single, SPELL MAGIC, was released not too long ago. Wasn't too bad. Thought someone might be interested in checking them out.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2007, 11:37:25 PM »
So anyone heard of ACID BLACK CHERRY yet? Its kinda like Yasu's (Janne Da Arc) side band that also includes SHUSE (ex La'Chryma Christi), YUKI (ex Aucifer), Chisato (PENICILLIN), Sugizo (ex LUNA SEA) and others. Their first single, SPELL MAGIC, was released not too long ago. Wasn't too bad. Thought someone might be interested in checking them out.

I just watched the pv and they're not bad. I'll wait until I hear a few more songs before I make any decisions. Chisato? Sugizo? Nice, I've always liked them. Hopefully this little all-star band sticks together.

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2007, 12:43:09 AM »
I thought it was an all-star band when I dled the single. but from the site, it looks like it's Yasu's solo project. The PV has completely different people in it(though also people from other bands).The single was pretty cool, but the PV was actually pretty awesome lol

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2007, 07:05:59 AM »
Mur. No-one told me NAHT was back. >:|

[youtube=425,350]4a5ow6_k65U[/youtube]

Naht - 2007.06.22 - In The Beta City

The rip has kinda low volume, but it's all I could find. A bit of a style change can be heard in this one. They sound a bit more coherent now, and still fucking rock.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2007, 08:01:42 AM »
:lol: that's news to me. They're not exactly the easiest band to find info on and it's not like I was expecting anything...

Thanks for the album. Foobar's replay-gain pretty much fixes the volume problem.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2007, 07:31:49 AM »
Thanks for the album, it's pretty good. Sweet looking album cover. And yeah, NAHT is pretty damn obscure.

zomg FREENOTE released a new album after two years of nothing. Finally T_T

NEW ALBUM
「オトノハトライアングル」
2007.7.25 ON SALE!!

Should actually go in the pop thread, but it's pretty dead. I just wanted to express my happiness. :lol:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2007, 10:20:52 PM »
You can watch a PV preview for Rin Toshite's DISCO FLIGHT on their site

http://sigure.jp/PC/sound.html

Don't really know what to make of it, but the lighting is really cool. The song is pretty bad ass though.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »
Fucking hell, somehow I overlooked the new VELTPUNCH mini-album.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - Mouse of the Pain