JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Shizuka Is a Machine Doctor

Author Topic: call me a moron but I dont know what a fanfic is?  (Read 6999 times)

Offline thesku11s

call me a moron but I dont know what a fanfic is?
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:52:54 AM »
Hi im new here, and also to this whole Jpop thing.

Ive had a look at this thread and Im having trouble grasping what a "fanfic" is.

call me a moron but can someone give me the jist of it laymans terms?

so far Ive grasped its like a piece of dialog written by a fan, fantasising of a specific scenario ivolving their idol/s. Is that correct?

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 04:37:11 AM »
Lol, you pretty much answered your own question with what you wrote on the bottom.

Yes a fanfic, is a story/fictional tale written by a fan, it can be about ANYTHING at all, and is only limited to the imagination of the writer and what he can imagine and write.

It doesn't at all have to be about true events, but can be about whatever you want it to be. Action/adventure/drama/romance/horror/etc.

And of course it mainly involves Hello Project girls as the characters in the story, sometimes told from a 3rd person perspective, or from a first person perspective, where the writer tells the story from a specific girls point of view and what happens to her.

They're really fun to write and completely fictional, well most of it anyway, sometimes daily events in H!P or recent news is thrown into the story, or recent news can help create a new story all together, like what the writer imagines happens to the H!P girls from their point of view.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 04:43:38 AM »
The word "fanfic" itself basically means "fan-made fiction".  There are TONS of fanfics out there. Tyler sums it up pretty well.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline yokolover120

• ecchi
Re: call me a moron but I dont know what a fanfic is?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:14:11 AM »
you should try writing some just to see what it feels like and what your end result would be.
You could also get other people to read and see what they think of it.

Offline pharmchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: call me a moron but I dont know what a fanfic is?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »
funny..
back then i also dunno what the fanfic meaning..
even i had describe the details here: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=19148.msg1224694#msg1224694

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Shizuka Is a Machine Doctor