JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sequence Pulse - Parallel

Author Topic: India’s Hitler-themed restaurant draws fire  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
India’s Hitler-themed restaurant draws fire
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:37:06 PM »
MUMBAI, India - A new restaurant in India’s financial hub, named after Adolf Hitler and promoted with posters showing the German leader and Nazi swastikas, has infuriated the country’s small Jewish community.

“We wanted to be different. This is one name that will stay in people’s minds,” owner Punit Shablok told Reuters.

Well, it works, but not for the right reasons.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:53:30 PM »
Man, I wish some people would actually read a history book or something. :evil: Ignoramus!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
You have to wonder what genious thinks it reasonable to do this sort of thing. :lol:

Man 1: "We should theme our resturaunt!111two"
Man 2: "Yo dawg, dem nazis. Dat shit be a bitchin theme up in here!@"
Man 1: "Shit bro, totally awesome idea LOLZ"

:sweatdrop:

Offline IsobelPlayDead

• she likes disco and tastes like a tear <3
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:47 AM »
I think people's views on the holocaust and Hitler vary intensly based on many many different reasons. I have only ever lived in America, where Hitler is generally known as that evil guy who killed millions of Jews and other people, and if someone knows more about him, they still pretty much chalk it up to "that dude was evil." I like to sometimes mention that not only did he do horrible things, but he also united his dying country. Also, I am not so sure if he was evil, if not just mentally unstable and was allowed to gain too much power. No matter what the sittuation is, Adolf Hitler tends to be a toucht subject. I have no idea what opinions other people from other countries hold on the subject, but I would like to figure it out. Maybe to those indian men, Hitler was not the ultimate symbol of evilness that so amny see him as, but just another famous, "different" dictator who killed millions, as there were many others before him. :/

gosh i wrote a lot...

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sequence Pulse - Parallel