JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve

Author Topic: Rumor - Teenage girl kills herself over fake spoilers of new Harry Potter book  (Read 15644 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:03:55 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
oh god, i'm gonna take no sympathy in that, sorry.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
Ditto. No sympathy at all if it's true. I'm just glad they were some stupid fanfic. XD

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Gotta shake my head at this, really the only thing that comes to mind is : WTF!?!?!?
A piece of fiction is not that important, yet people will do these sorts of things and more whenever individuals reach a certain level of fanatism with something.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Its called religion.

In b4 mod. lol jk, but seriously, some people are just crazy like that

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~

3 words : WTF !?

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
It's quite sad to hear this though.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
such a disgrace for filipinos..  :banghead:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
It's crazy to blame Rowling or Harry Potter for this. Some people are just obsessive. It's sad all around though.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Some innocent person is possibly dead, and because she took her life for a bizarre possibly psychotic reason, she or her loved ones don't deserve any sympathy?

If this is true, my sympathies go out to her and her mother. It's still my belief that no parent should have to see their children die.

Also this can't be blamed on the harry potter series, the girl was obviously mentally unstable if she were to do that. If you were to do so You should despise any kind of fanatic, whether it's HP or H!P.

Also don't see how this person is a disgrace to filipinos, she in no way represented the filipino people.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:17:47 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Very sad to hear this. My condolences go out to her family and friends. I feel if she went to that length, she must have suffered from other emotional problems before this came out. I've read people complaining that putting extra help for childline services on the day of the book's release was a waste of resources, but obviously, there are some fanatics that will go to the ultimate length over it.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Also don't see how this person is a disgrace to filipinos, she in no way represented the filipino people.
Indeed, she unfortunately represents what can happen when someone gets so obsessive over a work of fiction that they consider IT to be more important than their own, real, life.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Kuja

• Member+
I feel bad for the family. It's always sad when a child dies and no child should have to feel so bad that she/he would feel the need to commit a suicide. Obviously her obsession with Harry Potter must have not been her only problem.

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Gotta feel a bit of sympathy. Crazy people are humans too. Need to know if this is true or not.

Offline strawberrie

• Member+
That's sad but Harry Potter ugh  I hate it! I try the book, try the movie and I offically hate it. I don't understand why a girl would even kill herself over a spoiler that may not be true.

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
Theres got to be more than just a harry potter spolier that trigger the girl to commit suicide. It doesn't add up.

Offline strawberrie

• Member+
Theres got to be more than just a harry potter spolier that trigger the girl to commit suicide. It doesn't add up.

Well I think anyone kill themselves over dumb reasons. I mean people were standing in front of book stores dress in customs for the last Harry Potter book. I mean if they dress up for the movies and book releases and collection any Harry Potter items, I think they are crazy for it. I wonder if Harry die in the book and thats why it's last one.

Offline enigMatt

• ecchi
  • Member+
Wow.. not good. Never knew such SUPER hardcore readers existed  :wth

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
I guess kids these days really are that stupid.  It is fake, only a story.  Who cares what happens to Harry Potter? Is it worth killing yourself over?

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
*face palm*

God. I get liking something and feeling emotional about it. But. Fuuuck.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve