JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Rope

Author Topic: DEXTER .. America's favorite serial killer  (Read 26539 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: DEXTER .. America's favorite serial killer
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »
SPOILERS FOR Hello, Bandit (S5 Ep2)

Okay, as bad as I felt for those kids I'm glad to see them go @_@; I'm into Dexter for the twistedness, not to see him try to be Mr. Dad, least of all Mr. Single Dad. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. Was really wondering where the show was going to go after the season premiere, and I was hoping the kids would go live somewhere else ^^; At the same time happy he kept Harrison, because haha. Hello messed up father son relationship 8D;

The case with the girls in the barrels, dear god, creepy D: I hope Dexter will get back into the swing of things soon 8]

As for the beheading case... that just seemed really familiar @_@; Has there been a case like that earlier in the show?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
Yeah I feel kinda bad about the kids, but how was Dexter going to be a full-time dad to three kids?? I feel like this isn't the last we see of them though... It feels like too much of an easy solution to the problem ("let's just send them to the grandparents"), and this series in my experience doesn't often take the easy way out. Good that he kept Harrison though.

RE: The beheading story: I don't know about Dexter but there's definitely been something like it either in Criminal Minds or CSI, or possibly both. Seems very familiar. I'd say Criminal Minds, but I don't think you watch that show and thus wouldn't have seen it there :?

Anyone feel that there's going to be some twisted story involving a nanny? I can imagine the nanny become obsessed with the child or something. People don't just enter Dexter's life, they form a problem each time lol.

And did anyone get a funny feeling about the lady cop who was giving Debra "it's my neighbourhood" information? I think either she's involved in something OR is up for a lesbian relationship with Deb (yes please) OR both. HAHA

Dexter's gonna be in so much trouble this season from Quinn. I know that when the series ends it will probably end with him getting caught, but this isn't the last season right? I've never liked Quinn so it's easy to hope that stuff blows up in his face.

I heard that in the books Debra finds out about Dexter quite early on, and find it a bit interesting that she doesn't yet in the show. I sort of hope for that storyline to happen this season, because I don't want her to find out when everyone else does. People have these wild theories that Debra would kill Quinn to keep Dexter safe, but as cool as that would be (rofl) I think it would totally go against her nature. She's not someone who would kill an innocent ya know? Unless Quinn proves out to be not that innocent..

HAah I've been watching this show a lot recently so now I babble like a mad man
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »
Yeah, we'll obviously see the kids again I suspect, but I think it was just better for everyone that they went away to live somewhere else. As sad as that may sound xD;; And it'll help the show get bak into the fun twisted things 8D ...

It would be hilarious if Deb killed Quinn to keep Dexter safe, omg xD; Not really... in her character, but a fun thought :P I didn't know she learns the truth about Dex early on in the books. That's... interesting.

I also like your idea about a story involving a nanny. I can totally see that happening. At least some sort of nanny related headaches :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 12:34:27 PM »
I'm really enjoying the current season :O I like Lumen... I like her awkward friendship chemistry with Dexter. But at the same time... How the hell is Dex going to get out of trouble this time?! He's got two assholes trying to get him, there's PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of him dumping a body (and according to previews there will be more), everyone in his life has met Lumen now, omg. xD This show gets so intense sometimes >o< I have to skip forward during some bits because I know something's gonna happen and I can't take it hahahaha

ALSO, DEBRA LOVE :heart:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 01:41:40 AM »
Tick, tick, tick. That's the sound of your life running out.

8]

Dude, seriously.. I love Jonny Lee Miller :lol: It was weird, because I didn't really recognise him when he first appeared on Dexter. I sat through that entire episode going ".... that just has to be that guy from Hackers... no? .. hm nah it just looks like him? ... but it kind of sounds like him too? D:???". xD; Very distracting, but omg it's him, and he's awesome 8D;

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »
^ He was also Mr. Knightley in Emma, aka. my favourite romantic interest of any Austen book because he's the (little bit) older wiser guy who's not afraid to criticize the spoiled brat that is Emma - but still loves her ahh. That's something I could wish for myself...

... Uh ANYWAY I totally fancied him in Emma, and then he gets a role like THIS on DEXTER of all shows!!!! :lol: I'm so weirded out!!

(If you like him tons I do recommend watching the version of Emma that he's in, because it's really good. Ya know how often books turned into movies/tv series don't go well :lol: )
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:02:16 PM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 12:04:45 PM »
D: Season finale is going to be amazing, next week I think?? O M G. I actually have no idea what's gonna happen. Well, I speculate but ya know!!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »
Yeah, the season finale is next week. Holy shit o_o;; I was watching the latest episode going "wait, what.. IS THIS THE LAST EPISODE? AAAAAAAH"

HOW IS DEXTER GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS? AND AND... WILL DEB DISCOVER WHO HE REALLY IS? .... AND AND... ROBOCOP o_____o!!! :bleed eyes:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
SPOILERS FOR SEASON FINALE

AAAAH.

I thought the finale started awesomely, but ended kind of meh :/ I really wasn't ready to see Lumen go, but I guess it would be weird/difficult to keep her on. She looked so beautiful on the boat, I just knew it meant we had to say goodbye to her ;___; Ahh (to be honest I kept thinking she'd randomly be shot by snipers or something out on the boat xD; They way that whole sequence played, it just seemed like they were building up to off her).

Lol to basically nailing Chase to the floor 8D;

Deb is amazing. SO CLOSE TO DISCOVERING DEXTER'S NATURE. I'm actually kind of annoyed that she didn't, because it would be interesting to see where the show would go once she has that info. The whole scene with Deb having to talk to some dude in Spanish :rofl: loved it~~!

... these are all the thoughts I have so far o_o; What did you guys think of the finale? Did it live up to all the build up?

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 05:08:49 AM »
my thoughts

i think it was written if there was no season 6, since this was supposedly the last one. They could have easily made a bunch of scenarios happen that would head into season 6, but  It was a happy ending: quinn and deb together, angel and NY undercover girl, masouka and his big boobie date, dex gets his kids, etc.

It didn't top season 4's ending, but i don't think anything will =) I thought lumen was gonna die, just cuz Dexter is a really unlucky guy. Of course, he's not gonna abandon his dark passenger just for her, so yeah, this wasn't gonna work if she stayed.

Overall, it wasn't the best. there was a lot of plot holes, and a lot of dumb stuff happening. The LA police force continues to be the dumbest force in the World, until Deb actually started getting things right during the end of the season. It's so... i dunno, Dexter can totally manipulate his whole team whenever he wants. i find that unbelievable.

Also, they just dropped the santa muerte murders like it didn't happen. didn't one of the brothers escape?

Julia Stiles... i like her, but... not exactly the best guest appearance. she seemed to be dragging Dexter down, and it became more of the Lumen show, with Dexter helping her out.

The Stan Liddy dude was good. He brought excitement to the show. That Jonny Lee Miller guy (first time i've seen him) was awesome too.

i would rank it one of the lower seasons overall, right beside season 3, but their worst is still better than almost everyone's best.
word.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is it bad I'm relieved that the episode wasn't as nerve-wrecking as I feared :lol: I'm actually glad that they got done with Jordan Chase quite fast and then left a lot of time at the end for everything to just... settle into place. I think this show has become more predictable than before, but then again, it's always been predictable that Dexter would get away with stuff because otherwise there would be no show. lol

The moment Deb spotted Dex and Lumen at the camp behind the thingy, I knew she would let them get away. It was just too convenient that she couldn't clearly see them, so she was given a chance to make this decision. I WANT HER TO FIND OUT THOUGH. I'd like them to have one entire season when Deb *knows*...

I understand why Lumen had to leave, but it still left me with a feeling of "so I guess you're done using him now". It just felt too fast. D:

LADIDA

In other news, Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) and MCH (Dex) are breaking up D: I hope that doesn't affect the show in a bad way..

Offline aldun

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
great post... my favorite serie it is

Offline cumigosong

• ecchi
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »
Can't wait for season 6... Season 5 was pretty much just about "human side" of Dexter... Kinda disappointed though

Offline reikaehara

• ecchi
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »
I think, Dexter is the only series that i was scared and laugh at the same time, damn lol XD

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »
Season 6

First episode didn't disappoint.

"It's Hammer Time"  8)2

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »
^ LOVED HAMMER TIME!

The episode was very enjoyable!
The upcoming villains seem delightfully creepy, and it helps I really like the actors for them >o<

Deb :heart:
Dexter seems to have more of a sense of humour this season and I'm loving it!

I have three shows to watch on Mondays (will be 4 when The Walking Dead returns) and Dexter makes me the most excited. :lol:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
SPOILERS if you haven't seen season 6 ep 6

FINALLY

Not to say it was bad, but the first 5 eps were pretty boring.

halfway through the season, and it finally picks up in true Dexter fashion. They build it up, making Dexter seem like he sees the light, but of course, Dexter will always be stuck with his dark passenger. Ice Truck Killer as his new ghost was just awesome. I love how they're bringing back old faces. Its like a throwback to season 2. I wonder how he's gonna get out of it, theres no Rita this time around. the preview for ep7, looks fun

=)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:29:50 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »
YEAHHH!!! Next week's episode looks sooo goood.

And Deb is ever so yummy :heart: ~fangirl moment~ :wub:

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
I didn't like the Ice Truck Killer appearing, and think 1 dead family member Dexter talks to is sometimes 1 too many..

If anyone comes back from previous seasons, I hope Lumen does.. Then they can have the whole Leon Matilda thing going some more..

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
dexter ep09

nice twist, but kinda saw it coming miles away =)
word.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Rope