JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Omatsuri Sawagi

Author Topic: The Boondocks  (Read 34842 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« on: January 19, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »

http://www.theboondockstv.com/
http://www.theboondocksfan.com/
http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/

Boondocks *IS* Good

I can't believe I slept on this shit for so long. I heard of the comic strip back when I still read Time. And lord knows I don't read the newspaper - well. we never got this comic but I never bothered to read it on the net either. I just SLEPT on it until they released the cartoon, and it took some encouraging to DL and watch it but with guest voices like Charlie Murphy and Samuel L. Jackson, I just had to take a look.

Yes. It's "The Boondocks" animated version on [adult swim] And WOW. It just ain't just some fuckin rehash shit like "Charlie Brown" or "For Better of for Worse" - the animation is solid. Pure ANIME style. The language is raw and hardcore just the way I like it. Best cartoon in years as "Family Guy" loses its lustre.

What do y'all think of it? Talk about the show and comics here!

Offline Impression151

• Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »
I always check out the comics when I get a chance in the newspapers. It's alright but it's always too short, 3 to 4 frames only.

The cartoon is good though. I especially like Uncle Rucker; his obsession for white people is absolutely hilarious. Nothing really special about Riley and Huey though since I know thier attitude from the comics. Now they're just missing that puerto rican kid who hangs around with Huey (the younger kid?) who always wears a beanie.

Offline Kid Kash

• The Notorious K-I-D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »
I read a few strips of the comic before the show aired and thought they were pretty damn hilarious. Most were about McDonalds though, and I remember I read one about Michael Jackson.

The show is even more funny, especially that episode about Anal rape.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 09:46:34 AM »
My favorite episode still is the one with the ho and A Pimp Named Slickback:

"Let us pray the Pimp's Prayer... Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong, Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place. Amen."

:lol:  :lol:

I need to use that everytime the we have to take care of troublemakers LMFAO

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Al Sharpton Criticizes 'Boondocks'
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline AlphaTiger

• Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »
wow i love that show. so Rev. Al Sharpton is asking for an apology. I thought the episode was in perfect context.

My fav. Episode is The one that starts with the n**** moment.
"n**** monet is the 3rd leading cause of death for African American. Right next to porkchops and F.E.M.A." I Rofl everytime i see that Ep.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
The Boondocks
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 12:47:32 AM »
Any time you get Al Sharpton getting all pissy about something means that it's something worth checking out.  After all, he's such a media whore that he'll only "speak up" about shit that will get him national publicity.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 08:42:20 AM »
Word. Al Sharpton doesn't understand satire. What ifs. Some people just take things too damn seriously.

Quote from: AlphaTiger
My fav. Episode is The one that starts with the n**** moment.
"n**** monet is the 3rd leading cause of death for African American. Right next to porkchops and F.E.M.A." I Rofl everytime i see that Ep.

that episode was my life story :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »
from Boxy:

the comics reply to Al Sharpton:

anyone watch The new episode. with Oprah! WTF? Glad Sam Jackson and Charlie Murphy appeared again but Ed + Rummy GAY? I like how they kidnapped Bill Cosby

Offline Kid Kash

• The Notorious K-I-D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 10:36:15 PM »
I think that's gonna air tonight, daigong.

or did that episode leak out somewhere?

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 03:39:47 AM »
I'm glad to find some people enjoy the fine work of Aaron McGruder. I like the show but love the comic even more so. So far my two favorite episodes are "A Huey Freeman Christmas" and "The Return of The King".

Here is a comic from my stash:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »
^ LOL. I gotta read up on the comics there. Everyone in the IRC is into it Anghellic1, you should come chat with us.

Quote from: Kid Kash
I think that's gonna air tonight, daigong.

or did that episode leak out somewhere?

I DL'd it :P (still got watch the new one "Riley Wuz Here")

Loved Ed's  (Charlie Murphy) line in the Oprah Episode on text messaging: "Bitches love smiley faces"

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Boondocks
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 06:22:14 PM »
Boondocks might be the best cartoon on tv right now, I even jacked my rank title from it  :lol:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
The Boondocks
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 08:05:05 AM »
Boondocks is now on Teletoon in Canada!!

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 09:30:57 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »
For the safe return of A Pimp Named Masa:

Let us pray the Pimp's prayer: Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place. Amen

as voiced by Katt Williams as seen in Friday After Next:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Boondocks
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »
The Boondocks Gets Greenlight for Season Two

20 New Episodes of Hit Adult Swim Series to Debut Beginning in Winter 2006

Adult Swim has given the greenlight for a second season of The Boondocks, the new hit series from creator Aaron McGruder, based on his award-winning comic strip of the same name. The network has ordered 20 new episodes of the series, which is produced by McGruder's production company, Rebel Base, in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Called “brilliantly funny” and “a water cooler series that lives up to the hype,” the series made its premiere on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005. It ranked as the best series premiere in Adult Swim history, and has consistently ranked among the top programs on basic cable each week among young adult viewers. This month, The Boondocks was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Comedy Series.

New episodes are expected on Adult Swim in late 2006. Ten episodes of the initial 15-episode order have already aired this season.

“Thank God for The Boondocks and Aaron McGruder,” said Mike Lazzo, Cartoon Network’s senior vice president, programming and production, responsible for Adult Swim.

“Adult Swim’s passion for this show has been evident from day one, and we’re thrilled to be on this journey together. Aaron has created a group of amazing characters that tell entertaining and thought provoking stories, and we are so grateful to have found the perfect home for them,” said Zack Van Amburg, Co-President, Programming & Production for Sony Pictures Television.

In The Boondocks, when Robert “Granddad” Freeman becomes legal guardian of his rambunctious grandkids, he moves from the south side of Chicago to the quiet and safety of “The Boondocks” (in this case, suburban Woodcrest), hoping that he can ignore them altogether and enjoy the fourth quarter of his life in peace. But Huey, a 10-year-old left wing revolutionary, is determined not to enjoy the affluence of suburbia. This attitude is seconded by his 8-year-old brother, Riley, a proud product of contemporary rap culture. Although they torture each other and provoke the neighborhood, they are no match for Granddad, who is eccentric even by “crazy-ass-old-black-man” standards.

Aaron McGruder is creator and executive producer of The Boondocks. The series is produced by Rebel Base in association with Sony Pictures Television. Reginald Hudlin is also an executive producer on the series.

Synopsis for the final three episodes of the first season

"Wingmen"
When Granddad’s oldest friend dies, the Freemans go back home and both Granddad and Huey have to learn to put the past behind them.

"The Block is Hot" (Possible Season Finale)
Jazmine learns the true meaning of "capitalism" when she sells her lemonade stand to corporate tycoon Ed Wuncler.

"The Passion of Ruckus"
While Ruckus spreads the word of White Jesus to get into White Heaven, Huey tries desperately to save his friend from death row.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Boondocks
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 06:17:45 AM »
Thank you for the information Masa.  :D

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Boondocks
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 09:15:10 AM »
What the fuck is this thread doing here? This is the cartoon cool guys watch  :lol:

I have yet to watch the past 2 episodes. How was it? Can't wait for the final episodes. Adult Swim did a damn good job bringing it back.  :w00t:

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Omatsuri Sawagi