JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO

Author Topic: R.I.P Robin Williams  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
R.I.P Robin Williams
« on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
A very very sad day.  :cry:

Robin Williams dead; family, friends and fans are 'totally devastated'

(CNN) -- Robin Williams -- who first made America laugh and eventually touched "every element of the human spirit" in a remarkable range of performances -- died at his Northern California home Monday, law enforcement officials said.

Williams apparently took his own life, law enforcement officials said. He was 63.

"He has been battling severe depression of late," his media representative Mara Buxbaum told CNN. "This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

Coroner investigators suspect "the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia," according to a statement from the Marin County, California, Sheriff's Office.
Williams married graphic designer Susan Schneider in Napa Valley, California, ceremony in October 2011. Schneider sent a written statement to CNN through the representative.

Winkler on Williams: 'I'm speechless' Robin Williams' final tweet Williams' wife: I am utterly heartbroken
"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken.

"On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

Word of Williams' death stunned the entertainment community and beyond Monday.

-------

Williams was pronounced dead at 12:02 p.m., it said.

Williams was last seen alive at his home, where he lives with his wife, at about 10 p.m. Sunday, the sheriff's statement said.

"An investigation into the cause, manner and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff's Office," the sheriff's statement said.

"Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made."

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, the sheriff said.

link to the rest of the article: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/

Offline danieljack

Re: R.I.P Robin Williams
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:53:26 PM »
I was devastated to hear he lost his battle with depression.. for so many years he has been an inspiration that you can go on when things are bad. laughter can be found again.. the muse can be caught again at some point and you can laugh or make others laugh again.. You sir brightened so many lives and gave hope to others battling their own depression at times.. hes pulled me out of my worst times. you will be terribly missed. Much love..... and hugs to his family who were lucky enough to have known him.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: R.I.P Robin Williams
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:43:50 AM »
Robin Williams’ Widow Says He Had Just Three Years To Live
Nov. 3, 2015

The widow of Robin Williams has opened up for the first time since her husband killed himself in 2014, telling ABC’s Good Morning America that the actor was suffering from a neurodegenerative disease and had just three years to live when he killed himself.

“Lewy body dementia killed Robin,” Susan Schneider Williams said. “It’s what took his life.”

Robin Williams’ autopsy last year revealed that he had Lewy body dementia, which is often hard to diagnose and causes a progressive decline in mental abilities.

“We were living a nightmare,” Susan Williams said.

In his last month of his life, her husband was experiencing dementia, paranoia, hallucinations, and depression. He had not been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia, but he was aware of the fact that he was rapidly “disintegrating.”

Doctors had been planning to check the actor into a facility for neurocognitive testing, having given him less than three years to live.

“They would’ve been hard years. And it’s a good chance he would’ve been locked up,” Susan Williams said.

While Robin Williams had suffered from drug and alcohol addiction, he had been sober for eight years at the time of his death, she added.

The comedian started having health problems as far back as November 2013, and the following year was diagnosed with early-stage Parkinson’s disease.

Susan Williams described one incident in which she found her husband bleeding from his head, but he was hardly able to recall what happened, gesturing at the door.

“My best friend was sinking,” she said. “His only response was ‘I miscalculated.’”

Susan Williams said her husband tried to keep himself together, but one minute he would be lucid and then five minutes later he would say something out of touch.

“The last month he could not,” she said. “It was like the dam broke.”

When asked if suicide was a way for Robin to take back control, she replied: “In my opinion, oh yeah. I think he was just saying no.”

Susan Williams also talked about the couple’s last conversation on the night of Aug. 10, 2014, before he killed himself.

“He said, ‘Goodnight, my love.’ And I said, ‘Goodnight, my love,’” she said. “And then he said, ‘Goodnight.’ That was the last.”

She went to work the next morning without seeing him, but she later asked his assistant to wake him.

When the assistant called to tell her the news, she screamed Robin’s name the whole drive home, Susan Williams said through tears.

When asked if she got to see him, she said: “Yes, I got to tell him, ‘I forgive you with all my heart. You’re the bravest man I’ve ever known.’”
- http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/robin-williams-widow-says-he-had-just-three-years-to-live#.ylm1GqRxP

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO