JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat

Author Topic: [TV] The Defenders  (Read 5150 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[TV] The Defenders
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:04:37 AM »
The Defenders

IMDB | Official Site | Wikipedia

The superheroes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist team-up in New York City.

The Defenders will see Cox, Ritter, Colter, and Jones reprise their roles as Matt Murdock / Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Danny Rand / Iron Fist, respectively, from the previous television series. In March 2014, Loeb stated that the miniseries, officially titled Marvel's The Defenders, would begin filming after Iron Fist, scheduled to begin in late 2016. In April 2016, Marvel announced that Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez would act as showrunners for The Defenders. The eight-episode event is set to premiere in 2017.

OOH chilling MAN! 4 of youz. If you watched DAredevil it's definitlely that ol dude talking HYPED!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [TV] The Defenders
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »
CAST SHOT!! from NYCC!! wow! it's REALLY FUCKIN happpening!

AND THEN THIS! SiGOURNEY FUCKIN WEAVER!!! :hip smile:

SHIT GETS REAL!!! cast as the main baddie!! HOLY MOLY!!

They got Misty Knight joining from Luke Cage. WHO ELSE!? Punisher? Man, Kingpin would be dope too.

ETA DAT MOMENT! :tama:

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:26:49 PM by daigong »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 06:11:57 AM »
WHO WATCHED?!!?!?

[SPOILERS!!!]

IT was AIGHT. Short. Lots of "catching up" from the last series and getting the charaCTERS together... man I wanted Sigourney WEeaver to be BAD ASSSS but she was like the stoic loner socialite but was vulnerable from the start knowing that she's dying unlike say a Kingpin who kills at will. Piehole shots anyone?

I like how they took time to gel, to get to know each other not like HEY YOU SUPER HERO I SUPER HERO TEAM UP!

the fight scenes were all over the place and wish they were longer but some of dem plot twists like Elektra as Dark Sky would have feelings for Daredevil but then go all out and take over The Hand HOLY SHIT!!!! NOOOO SIGOURNEY

FX were markedly better like LOL a whole building collapsing as they watch and there were just A LOT of characters to toss in over 8 episodes but good to see Turk Foggy Karen Trish etc

Jessica Jones was BAD ASS as usual

I really like how they set shit up though for future storylines like Misty getting arm cut off and having a tender moment with Colleen wing COUGH Daugthers of the Dragon cough

and digging up Matt from the rubble is setting up dat Frank Miller set BORN AGAIN!!!! LOOKIN FORWARD TO MORE!! Wish it was longer but overall a decent series, 7.5 stars outta 11!!!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Me lazy. copy-paste :P

The Defenders  :)

Stuff to love:
- Loads of fight scenes.
- Fun chemistry between the four super heroes.
- Story is average, but it does let them cross paths in a kinda believable way.
- Pretty much all the supporting characters came back. They all did great.

Stuff to hate:
- Too many fights in the dark, I hate watching fights in the dark...
- Iron Fist still kinda sucks. His existence literally becomes a joke the entire show (dojo girl is still ok though!)
- No crazy "corridor fight" scene that pushes the envelope. There are lotsa fights, just nothing that wows on that level.
- Bad guys were ok I guess.... The past villains were just so charismatic/memorable tho, makes these guys feel really plain when compared to them.
- Stupid hip hop music during the end-fight. Total facepalm.
- Needed 4 more episodes. More "coffee" {wink wink} would've been nice too
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=26150.msg1402681#msg1402681

I did find out later the hip hop song is Wu-Tang Clan's "Protect Ya Neck". So its probably a Spider-man easter egg too.
Some people really liked it added to that fight scene. I just didn't.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat