JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins

Author Topic: Teach me to use Japanese P2P "Share" please.  (Read 36422 times)

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
Teach me to use Japanese P2P "Share" please.
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:06 PM »
I'm sorry but I didn't know where else to ask this!  Can someone give me an easy to read step by step guide as to how to install and use Share?  I've tried to use it before but it wouldn't download anything, I would get only search results.  I have since deleted it so I would need a full (yet simple) guide.

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere and a mod can refer me to a thread or delete this topic if it has.  Thanks in advance.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »
I don't even know how I figured it out so I can't really explain it myself but this is the guide I used. :)

http://uguu.org/share/

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
^That's the guide I used before that only allowed me to see results and not download..

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »
http://forum.jphip.com/showthread.php?t=6168  That thread ended up kind of turning into a tech support one for Share and Winny.  Otherwise if you could be more specific with what you're having problems with I can probably help you set it up.  Almost sounds like you didn't set up a download or cache directory before.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:12:51 PM »
^ Yeah but I'm such a noob that nothing on that thread will help me.  I just want to set it up.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:39:36 PM »
I'd suggest just following that Uguu guide again, then posting a description of what happens if you have any problems so we can help you with specific problems instead of trying to write another guide from scratch.  The thing that it sounds like you missed the last time you tried was that you have to set a cache and a download folder when setting up folders.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:46:01 PM »
^ It's happening again and I have set folders..  I've searched and clicked download for a few things and it's stuck on "initializing".

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:55:27 PM »
It says that where?  In the downloads tab? or?

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »
Yeah.  This is the same problem I had before, which made me stop using it..

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »
Find the folder.ini file in your share directory and post its contents here please.  Also the config.ini file's contents would be helpful.  Plus what operating system/service packs you have installed.

Oh, and a screenshot if possible of the share window.  I don't use it in English so it's hard to know for sure what the error is from the English translation.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 10:10:50 PM »
I'm getting the error "Disconnected due to port error" on the log screen..  [edit] i'm not behind any firewall or router either

folder.ini:
[CacheFolder0]
Path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Share10_ex2\
Quota=0

[UpFolder0]
Path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\
ID=

[UpFolder1]
Path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\DVDISO\
ID=

[DownFolder]
Path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\
Quota=0

[PrimaryCacheFolder]
Path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Share10_ex2\

config.ini:
[Profile]
DefaultID=

[Network]
UpSpeed=150000
DownSpeed=50000
Port=30101
DisconnectLowSpeedUpload=0
DisconnectLowSpeedDownload=0

[Performance]
KeyCount=10000
ReduceThreadPeak=1

[Action]
EnableEasyFolder=0
EnableEasyCache=0
UseWideSpaceSeparater=0
EnableMultipleDownload=1
AutoDiffuseNewLink=1
EnableFadein=1
UseZoneId=1
TurboDiffuse=0
ShowSleep=0

[Quota]
EnableQuota=1
QuotaMargin=1000000000
AlertSpaceSize=100000000
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:13:52 PM by Gray »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 10:22:45 PM »
Is it possible windows' built in firewall is on?  You didn't say what version of Windows you're using...

You usually don't want to use the main share folder as your cache folder, but it doesn't actually hurt anything that I'm aware of.

All the rest of the settings look ok, although do you actually have 150k/s upload but only 50k/s download?  And you might want to disable the quota (change the 1 to a 0 in the EnableQuota line)

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny;246432
Is it possible windows' built in firewall is on?  You didn't say what version of Windows you're using...

You usually don't want to use the main share folder as your cache folder, but it doesn't actually hurt anything that I'm aware of.

All the rest of the settings look ok, although do you actually have 150k/s upload but only 50k/s download?  And you might want to disable the quota (change the 1 to a 0 in the EnableQuota line)

Oops I must've switched the download and the upload.  And I will disable the quota if it helps.  I'm using Windows XP Home, and I'm sure it's not on, I specifically disabled it.

[edit] Nevermind the firewall was on because I forgot to turn it off when I redid my computer.  That will fix it?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:42:01 PM by Gray »

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »
Quote from: Gray;246425
I'm getting the error "Disconnected due to port error" on the log screen..  [edit] i'm not behind any firewall or router either...

I don't wanna burst your bubble here, but even with the helpful hints from soveryshiny, i guess you're screwed...  :|

Your symptoms probably mean that your Internet service provider has some of those high end Cisco firewalls on their side, that can automatically drop the connections to most of the p2p sharing systems...

I should know, i have the exact same issue. :doh:

On my work computer using the main ISP acces, Share disconnects after a few seconds...

On the same computer using the backup access (not the same ISP), Share works just fine... (but, the backup access sucks in term of speed, so i can't really use it anyway).

:(

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »
^ Read my post edit, I realized I was behind the windows firewall D: I'll try it and if it doesn't work oh well~

It's downloading!  Thank you guys for your help!  *___* -idolizes-

[edit] Is there a way to know how fast a particular download is going?  it says how fast it's downloading in general but I have two downloads going?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:47:10 PM by Gray »

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 11:35:47 PM »
Quote from: Gray;246445
^ Read my post edit, I realized I was behind the windows firewall D: I'll try it and if it doesn't work oh well~...

Lucky you... so i'm the only screwed one after all... :cry:

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »
Quote from: Gray;246445
^ Read my post edit, I realized I was behind the windows firewall D: I'll try it and if it doesn't work oh well~

It's downloading!  Thank you guys for your help!  *___* -idolizes-

[edit] Is there a way to know how fast a particular download is going?  it says how fast it's downloading in general but I have two downloads going?

It's amazing how often that firewall is turned on on computers that people were sure it was turned off on ^^;

If you look at the tasks tab it shows how fast each task is going.  If it's downloading the same file from more than one source then you just have to add each task's total together yourself.  Unless all the tasks are for the same file, in which case just see the total number it has at the bottom.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 11:46:38 PM »
Quote from: Happosai;246464
Lucky you... so i'm the only screwed one after all... :cry:

Poor baby -pets- D:

If you look at the tasks tab it shows how fast each task is going. If it's downloading the same file from more than one source then you just have to add each task's total together yourself. Unless all the tasks are for the same file, in which case just see the total number it has at the bottom.

Ah, thanks!  *loves*  :3

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »
lol, I'd actually be leaving the filewall on. Or you might get someone give you a trojan or exploit some Windows service.
What you should try to do is add Share to the exceptions list of the firewall so only Share can accept incoming connections and not all the windows services as well.

Offline nazokage

• rika ishikawa's boyfreind (i wish)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 02:16:08 AM »
you may want to try this service happosai i know a couple people who's ISP's were blocking their torrent dowloading programs and now after they got this they dont have the problem anymore i almost got it but then i moved so i dont need to anymore here it is :
http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/solutions/http_tunnel/client.asp

should work for you it cost a little bit but its worth it if you are having problems like you said.

credit to arian and strawchan for picts

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins