JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: News - Weeeek

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573664 times)

Offline clem84

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1180 on: March 14, 2015, 04:41:17 AM »
Anyone else find it a little strange that their upcoming DVD release for the January 1rst concert, the 6:30 hour show, is on only 2 DVDs? It doesn't make sense. MMCZ's latest 8 hour release is on 4 BRs and 6 DVDs. Am I supposed to believe that the people in charge of producing Passpo's DVD were able to cram 6h30 on 2 DVDs? If they tried to do that, the quality probably suffered terribly, or they cut some parts, which is more likely IMO. Even more surprising is the fact that apparently there are extras. Also, I checked all the websites selling the DVD and they aren't specifying the length of the video. It's a little suspicious.

I was going to get this on release but now I think I'm just gonna wait and see until we know a little more.

Edit:

I guess it's possible. I just googled and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

For example, a particular lower encoded bit rate allows 8 hours of TV programming on a disk. The highest bit rate within the specification allows 2 hours. A compromise (between length and quality) might allow 6 hours of programming to be recorded onto a DVD. DVD publishers often opt for the higher-quality, higher-bit-rate modes with roughly 2 hours worth of video per disk. For example, HBO recorded 2 one-hour episodes per disc for the DVD release of the Game of Thrones.

I wonder what the quality will be like.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:14:15 AM by clem84 »

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1181 on: March 14, 2015, 05:31:14 AM »
Guess like it will be a while before POPOPO (or someone) uploads the full latest Showroom episodes, so here's something to kill the time:

Oh, Sako...you can't pull off the crazy act routine, you are way too serious for that...cos that is always Annya, Miomio and Naomin's specialty. BTW, Naomin should consider a comedic role..she has this awesome self-deprecating sense of humour that endears her to the members.

Another passenger from France...apparently he's Adorien's friend.
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1182 on: March 14, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »
clem84, scroll some pages back. There we talked about the DVD emits several songs. I also posted a link about the remaining set list.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
Oh... Don't know how I missed that.

Like you said, the no bluray thing is probably a money issue. The cost to produce them and manufacture them would be higher and maybe they're not entirely confident fans would pay those higher prices? What's surprising is that for a group that's so used to producing multiple versions of their releases, ranging from high end to low end, having a "first class" version of their home video release is such an obvious thing to do. The first review on Amazon Japan was from some guy who gave it 1 star and complained that there was no BR version. I'm sure there's quite a few of us who want higher quality versions of their concerts. Maybe at some point they'll wake up.

In the mean time I'm still considering getting the DVD. The price is not too high and there seems to be a lot of value to the package. Both discs are packed with content. Tempting...

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »
It is still a long show, no matter what. Still disappointed for not including everything. A special limited edition would have been great. This will forever frustrate me, not being able to experience the whole show again and again.

Don't know about BR cost, but it must be a lot, as hardly any group does it who is not part of a bigger label (like AVEX). So I can accept the DVD version only approach.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1185 on: March 14, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
Many people still haven't bothered getting a BR player so I think it's more a case of BR's not selling enough to make it viable.

On the other hand one of the new Sakura Gakuin CD's comes with a BR with bonus material, and as far as I know Passpo are bigger than SG (they are both on Universal).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1186 on: March 14, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
With SG you mean Super Girls? Since when are they Universal???
And I highly doubt Passpo being bigger than them.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1187 on: March 14, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
With SG you mean Super Girls? Since when are they Universal???
Sakura Gakuin, it was in the sentence I didn't bother to write it out the second time ;)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1188 on: March 14, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
My mistake. Sorry. Hm, you are right there. So maybe label decision and individual management decision? Well, I already gave up on understanding idol marketing strategies. lol

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1189 on: March 14, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
Super Girls and PASSPO commented to each other how they were kind of at plateaus when they did a collab performance at @JAM Expo in August. Having seen both performing separately after that, I can say that it's definitely true although SG has the edge with Avex putting in more production values to stuff like the videos for Gocchan's graduation concert and the whole Super Castle theme of the recent concerts. Compare that to there being no real video tributes to Makocchan at her graduation concert and no particular thought out theme for PASSPO's recent lives.

Not having the entire concert on the DVD is very very disappointing. Even more disappointing than the bland new goods.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1190 on: March 14, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
Anyone know where I can get the 1080 version of Sakura Komachi? I've been looking for it for a little while.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:51:26 PM by clem84 »

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1191 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:32 AM »
For those who are starving of videos, Aipon uploaded a really short video on her youtube channel.

Last was 5 months ago so the next could be in 5 months again but who knows... xD

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1192 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
A couple of clips

Not sure if they had been out partying the night before in that last one, the singing is unimpressive.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1193 on: March 19, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
For as long as it's up:

Sounds imo like a best-of Mr Akutsu crammed into 4 min.
Nice pre-chorus, chorus too poppy for my taste.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1194 on: March 20, 2015, 12:11:05 AM »
Considering I had some points at CD Japan that were about to expire a couple of weeks ago, I used them to pre-order the new album. This Honey Dish preview does not make me regret that decision. XD

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1195 on: March 20, 2015, 04:47:52 AM »
For as long as it's up:

Sounds imo like a best-of Mr Akutsu crammed into 4 min.
Nice pre-chorus, chorus too poppy for my taste.
Thank you for sharing this.

It sounds great! :D It is a little poppy but I don't mind. Many of their songs have a pop side to them. This really makes me look forward to the new album.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1196 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »
^ I think is sounds pretty much the same as what they usually do.

I like it :)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1197 on: March 21, 2015, 05:34:09 AM »
Nachu trying to sing a ballad at last night's 2.5D web show. Must have been amazing for PASSPO to put it on their channel only a few hours after.

She never really made an impression on me before but, this was pretty brilliant in how awkward it was.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1198 on: March 21, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
I didn't think it was so bad, the song is a traditional graduation song - Sakura Gaukuin used it for their first graduation single.

旅立ちの日に ~J-MIX~

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1199 on: March 21, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »
It was a batsu-game before so she had to sing it alone. Was funny imo.

The new song grows on me after seeing it performed live a second time. Still reminds me of their early days.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: News - Weeeek