JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Getsuyou no Asa

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573459 times)

Offline iulpasen315

• PASSPO☆, Negishi Ai, Aviation.
    • iulpasen315
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1500 on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:03 AM »
So... collab? Who has 5 members in an idol group with some relative fame in Japan?
Well, all this great fanfare to announce collab it will be the new fiasco
十人、十色。

Offline iulpasen315

• PASSPO☆, Negishi Ai, Aviation.
    • iulpasen315
« Reply #1501 on: May 26, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »
Obviously the silhouette is the girls from Babyraids and they will announce that they are merging.

Matsui Rena will never let it happen  :lol:
十人、十色。

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1502 on: May 26, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
Matsui Rena from SKE48? What does she have to do with Babyraids? Also what is a Babyraids? :?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1503 on: May 26, 2015, 10:16:34 AM »
Matsui Rena from SKE48? What does she have to do with Babyraids? Also what is a Babyraids? :?
Seriously man? :shocked

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1504 on: May 26, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »
Seriously man? :shocked
I don't know many people into J-Pop, so my access to info about idols is limited. Also none of the people I know that do listen to J-Pop have mentioned Babyraids.

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1505 on: May 26, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
you gotta forgive tsutomo, wattstax...maybe he has multiple personality disorder and that would explain the many "friends" he mentioned..when each friend is just a different personality manifesting itself. (in this case, the perverted one when Oppaipon is around)  :lol:

And babyraids merging with them? I can only imagine how Rioton must be feeling if it were true...  :?
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1506 on: May 26, 2015, 10:33:17 AM »
Well they are kinda similar to Passpo yet different, their sound is more Japanese whereas Passpo has a very western style, they have their own thread here http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36397.0

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1507 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:35 AM »
Although I'm still kind of surprised because Rena is my SKE48 oshimen . . . why have I never seen them mentioned before? Then again my friend's sister talks about Hello Project and Idolmaster a lot and I kind of don't care.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1508 on: May 26, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
you gotta forgive tsutomo, wattstax...maybe he has multiple personality disorder and that would explain the many "friends" he mentioned..when each friend is just a different personality manifesting itself. (in this case, the perverted one when Oppaipon is around)  :lol:

And babyraids merging with them? I can only imagine how Rioton must be feeling if it were true...  :?
She could take over the "cute" segments with Miomio now that Makoto isn't around anymore, speaking of that who IS doing those now, I think Natchu would fit the best.

But no obviously they aren't merging considering they have different managements.

Although I'm still kind of surprised because Rena is my SKE48 oshimen . . . why have I never seen them mentioned before? Then again my friend's sister talks about Hello Project and Idolmaster a lot and I kind of don't care.
Their Budokan live DVD is awesome and I think it has pretty much all their songs on it, would be a good place to start.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1509 on: May 26, 2015, 11:04:18 AM »
Ok I just looked up Babyraids on Youtube and watched one video and it didn't click for me.  :huhuh

Well if we're talking merging with others from the same agency that leaves Palet and Predia, and to some extent Band-Maid and Silent Siren (I think).

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1510 on: May 26, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »
Who has 5 members in an idol group with some relative fame in Japan?

thanks God Nichohalo has four members nowadays, dodged that bullet by a small margin.  :P

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1511 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
Well if we're talking merging with others from the same agency that leaves Palet and Predia, and to some extent Band-Maid and Silent Siren (I think).
I was just messing around, I think there is zero chance they will be merging with anyone, as wattstax said it's most likely a colab of some kind.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1512 on: May 26, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
I'm putting my money on a collab as well.

The only idol-collab that would justify such a fuzz would be MomoClo but they got bigger fish to fry.  :smhid

A K-pop collab? What a friggin' nightmare that would be!  :panic:

My guess -

1. The silhouettes are obviously men.
2. Akutsu-san mentioned them as one of his favorite American rocks bands. The other bands mentioned (Guns, Ozzy, Aerosmith) are out of the question.
3. Passpo is his pet-project, he does whatever he likes, no matter if it makes any sense or not. I mean, who of you guys knew who Josh Freese is?
4. So it must be some 5-man rock band, most likely American 90's dudes once successful, trying to revive their popularity in Japan.
5. It's like following the latest idol x western (hard)rock band collab-trend. But as Passpo started this trend themselves, they got every right to jump that bandwagon.

-> it's Skid Row.  :O

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1513 on: May 26, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »
okay, I started to read the photobook and it's really very interesting. and I'm not talking about their photos. way better than seeing them taking their clothes off literally, is seeing them doing it during the interview, exposing every feeling and detail about the group's history.

I started being a fan of Passpo some time prior to the Tokyo Idol Festival 2012, so pretty much everything about the group's earlier days is new to me. reading this book I'm discovering a lot of things I had no idea about like the fact that "Hacchake Tai" is inspired in a sub-unit they already performed in the past (with Nachu, Naomin and Mushu, called "Hacchake Mizugi Tai") and that the 'theatrical play' they had in this recent tour is pretty much a re-edition of a play they made for some early 2011 shows where they had to occupy the time with something, since they had still only a bunch of songs and were performing in big stages (that they now admit were too big for them and that they didn't take good use of some opportunities at that time, specially on tv).

I particularly liked the fact that "Passpo" was a name created by the fans and they put a "kakkokari" after it, just like my favorite group.  XD but soon they changed and put the star they still use, to cover it. rofl the stories about the group formation with Morishi almost leaving are interesting too.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1514 on: May 26, 2015, 03:12:12 PM »
1. The silhouettes are obviously men.

I went back and I'm just not seeing it. It could be a girl group. It's kinda hard to tell. BTW, I also think a collab is very likely and I think it would be a great idea. The Kiss MCZ thing was really well done. Plus, Passpo already has a rock/metal sound so it would be a perfect fit.

-> it's Skid Row.  :O

:shocked

okay, I started to read the photobook and it's really very interesting. and I'm not talking about their photos. way better than seeing them taking their clothes off literally, is seeing them doing it during the interview, exposing every feeling and detail about the group's history.

I started being a fan of Passpo some time prior to the Tokyo Idol Festival 2012, so pretty much everything about the group's earlier days is new to me. reading this book I'm discovering a lot of things I had no idea about like the fact that "Hacchake Tai" is inspired in a sub-unit they already performed in the past (with Nachu, Naomin and Mushu, called "Hacchake Mizugi Tai") and that the 'theatrical play' they had in this recent tour is pretty much a re-edition of a play they made for some early 2011 shows where they had to occupy the time with something, since they had still only a bunch of songs and were performing in big stages (that they now admit were too big for them and that they didn't take good use of some opportunities at that time, specially on tv).

I particularly liked the fact that "Passpo" was a name created by the fans and they put a "kakkokari" after it, just like my favorite group.  XD but soon they changed and put the star they still use, to cover it. rofl the stories about the group formation with Morishi almost leaving are interesting too.

Lucky you! DHL called me this morning and my package should arrive during the day. I'll get it when I come back from work tonight.

It's too bad I'll only be able to read very little of it but I thought that the book sounded like it was really well made so I thought it was still worth getting.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1515 on: May 26, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »
exposing every feeling and detail about the group's history.
Do they tell anything about the formation of Band Passpo? Like who initiated it, who was on board from the start and who needed to be convinced, what are their ambitions concerning the band? Things like that.

Offline Papoku

« Reply #1516 on: May 26, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
What the f*** are you talking ?
What's this story of collab / merging?
Where's the photos with shadow that make you think about girls or guys?

Following them on twitter and didn't saw anything like that.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1517 on: May 26, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
Try their homepage.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1518 on: May 26, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
What the f*** are you talking ?
What's this story of collab / merging?
Where's the photos with shadow that make you think about girls or guys?

Following them on twitter and didn't saw anything like that.
Page 66 of this thread. Last video. Last 15 seconds or so.

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1519 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
Hey. I didn't posted since a while. So i'll give my thoughts on two things : the album and the incoming "thing".

First, Beef or Chicken. It's a typical PASSPO☆ music. The first time you hear it, you know that's them.
But I was quite surprised. With Honey Dish as MV, I was thinking that all they said about the album (talking about the american rock side) was shit. But I was wrong.
Except for the songs we already knew, it's indeed a lot more rock to me. I really like every songs and for the first time I think they have a super song for a never ending "encore" (Itazura Rock'n'Roll).

About the incoming event, I really don't know what to think. But we can't talk about a disband or even girls leaving the group (to have 5 girls left). It would be stupid to tease about saco's hiatus to finally have 3 girls leaving.
But to be honest I'm not very excited about this news (I'm not even sure this will be a very big thing).
  - A collab? Why not. But they just released a new album. It's probably too quick. (And they never teased that hard for the previous collab, but that was with relatively unknown groups). However I don't know who's with Takenaka in the recent instagram videos. But she's working on choregraphie with her. Maybe we can find something from that.
   - A merge (palet?) ? I don't think it's a good idea. The fans already said that they don't want new members (Musshu...). Plus, the sells of Beef or Chicken are really good. It's not a good idea to change a popular group that wasn't supposed to be modified like that (people don't want that each idoles/girls groups are just Momusu-like)

Oh and I saw a lot of you being afraid that Saco will never come back. I'm afraid of that too but we will see that quickly. Since she said she wants stay with the group for the non-flights events (GPP, showroom, logirl) if she stills in that show, there's no worry.
Sorry for my english! I'll try my best.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Getsuyou no Asa