JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suneohair - Pilot Lamp

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573431 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1580 on: May 31, 2015, 10:28:41 AM »
Not what I was expecting at all, but if they are any good I will follow them, to me them being young makes no difference at all.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1581 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:19 AM »
Wow, that revelation was unexpected and yes, quite a let down in regards that it isn't really about PASSPO. But the project seems interesting, as I am curious how the involvement of PASSPO members will happen. Totally agree with clem here: The music will be what counts, loli or not. Should be similar to PASSPO, right? But they honestly need to change costumes. If PASSPO can not do it, then please Puchi PASSPO!
The good thing for me: If Yukki happens to quit in the future I can just follow her sister. Stays in the family. :D Even the colour seems the same. But Yukki is far superior in looks. 8)

Isn't PASSPO the bigger sister group of Predia, as they were first?

On a sidenote, Fumika of Party Rockets was present at the PASSPO Flight  :thumbup
https://twitter.com/Party_Rockets/status/604933939229163520

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1582 on: May 31, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »
I still don't get why they have PASSPO☆ in their name when their theme is sports and they have nothing to do with air travel.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1583 on: May 31, 2015, 11:49:28 AM »
I still don't get why they have PASSPO☆ in their name when their theme is sports and they have nothing to do with air travel.
If you want to take part in Olympia or such sports events you need a passport ;) I believe it is much better if we don't think too much about it. The name was possibly chosen to reuse an already known trademark.

A second thought: Doesn't Kikuchi Ami act like kind of the same to Babyraids, as now PASSPO members seem to involve themselves? This new group then acts as motivation for the girls  to stay in the business, respectively learn new skills for future work in it, after the idol live.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1584 on: May 31, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »

You know, I have a theory about this and I'm not sure I like it. There are been lots of talks recently concerning Passpo's future, partly fueled by Sako's imminent hiatus. I have been thinking recently that, say if the group were to end in the next year or two, I would of course be sad not to hear about the girls on a regular basis, but also that what drew me to the band in the first place, the pop vocals + rock/heavy sound, might also not continue. I've only been following the Idol scene for a few months, since around September or so, but to my knowledge Passpo are the group that best represent this genre. I thought that, whatever happens to the group, that at least hopefully the songwriters would keep producing new material so that the concept behind the music would go on.

Could this be why they're keeping the Passpo name for this new group? Because management knows that the end is near and they want to keep the concept behind the music alive through a new group? I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1585 on: May 31, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
People have too many theories is what I think ;)

And no matter what Passpo have been around for longer than most idol groups so it's pretty likely they will not exist in a couple of years, as most idols they will continue their career as actresses/tv show hosts and whatnot or just move on with their lives, nothing lasts forever.

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1586 on: May 31, 2015, 03:10:16 PM »
 :shocked

what the hell just happened? I come back to civilization today only to read about some new group called Pucchi Passpo, Miomio being their costume designer, Annya assisting with their choreography, etc. With the Passpo members actively in this project, does this mean they have EFFECTIVELY disbanded?.  :panic: I'm really lost here. Mio and Annya have a niche in this project, and possibly (I was hoping) Sako could return to write their songs and lyrics one day joining the other 2 BFFs of hers. Will we see them perform live again? I know there is always a chance somebody will quit and surely mean Pucchi Passpo is a successor group to assume Passpo's mantle in this genre. If anything, the involvement of the Passpo members in getting this new group flying will be their final lasting legacy as senpais...the old generation passing the baton to a new generation before retiring for good. at the same time, giving the original members a crack at a second career either in other entertainment/variety or behind the scenes.

I guess with all its said, in a few years time,  we probably will see some backstage footage of chief dance instructor Annya yelling at some unfortunate Pucchi Passpo member, or Sako reporting the news from some distant land as an overseas correspondent. But for now, I still want to see them as a group, even though I know the end will come soon enough.
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1587 on: May 31, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
With the Passpo members actively in this project, does this mean they have EFFECTIVELY disbanded?.  :panic:
Calm down, this project means they have a project nothing else, they aren't disbanding.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1588 on: May 31, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
All the WTF-reactions are more fun than the actual announcement.

People have too many theories is what I think ;)

I enjoyed it, all the wild speculations. And then in the end everybody is wrong.
Well at least they managed to surprise everyone, I have to give them credit for that.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1589 on: May 31, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
They'll be at Platinum Sonic 2 at Ebisu Garden on July 25th with predia, palet, 3min. and FYT and a bunch of other live events with other groups, including Sapporo on June 6th so they're still going. Given how physical their performances are with remembering all the choreo and singing live and how often they perform, it's not that surprising that Sako had to take a rest from the stage. Why else is Morishi out there drinking from a 2-liter bottle of water on the stage during every flight?

If you have ever gone to see a less experienced group try to do a one-man, it's generally more noticeable that they don't yet have the same level of endurance. This usually involves long drawn out MCs or VTRs or even bringing other performers with them (like DIANNA☆SWEET did for some "one-man" lives) to give them time to rest.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1590 on: May 31, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
only reason for me to not post a rant here is because I didn`t lose money with this prank "surprise".

thanks God I went to "live plus festival" today.  8)

on a side note, Platinum shall be making some big money nowadays becuz they are creating idol groups like what? a new group each every three months? till the end of this year Platinum will have more girls under contract than AKS.  :P

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1591 on: May 31, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
Meanwhile, in backstage :

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1592 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:46 PM »
 :shocked

Is this a deceivingly innocent picture?

If not then, WTH???

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1593 on: May 31, 2015, 09:19:42 PM »
Probably not.
Some people already thought about a relation like that. And it's not something very surprising imo.
But whatever, just leave them alone. They can do what they want.
Sorry for my english! I'll try my best.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1594 on: May 31, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »
Well I haven't been following them for very long and I wasn't aware this might be going on, hence the surprise. I never said they weren't allowed, or anything like that.

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1595 on: May 31, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »
Maybe my previous message could seem a little bit aggressive. Sorry.
It's not against you but just a general leitmotiv.

I think idoles have too much pressure on them and each time you have this kind of photos, this is not good for them.

In fact I'm happy there's a doubt on what happened. So if there's something between them or not, they can just denied everything and live quietly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:54:55 PM by Akokyuu »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1596 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »
In fact I'm happy there's a doubt on what happened. So if there's something between them or not, they can just denied everything and live quietly.
It looks like the usual antics to me, there are a couple more pictures of the situation and it didn't seem like they were somehow "caught" but that it was something they did in public.

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1597 on: May 31, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
Yeah that's the point.
When they do it in public, they want to do it and they want to show it to people.
Same with the little instagram videos or vines.

This moment looks like a private one.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1598 on: May 31, 2015, 10:33:58 PM »
This moment looks like a private one.
It's not private, check this twitter account -> https://twitter.com/tokenai_tunacan

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1599 on: May 31, 2015, 10:51:06 PM »
Thanks but I know where i can find this stuff.
Still looks like a private moment. Sorry.

It's not because you're usually taking photos of someone that all photos you can take are public photos.
I dont want to check but I think it's the only photo of non-live performance posted on this account.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suneohair - Pilot Lamp