JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573414 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1800 on: September 13, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »
Double-posting on account of the "big announcement". PASSPO is moving to a different label and will be releasing a new single February 2016.
Kinda strange that they didn't announce the label as well (probably unrelated but Sakura Gakuin seems to have left Universal as well)

But overall I doubt this will mean anything for us.

Offline thewolf

« Reply #1801 on: September 13, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »
is it possible to be a same label with putipasspo?
PCI MUSIC(http://www.pcimusic.jp/) is putipaspo label now, I hope that they will enter into an international label.
although it seems not possible..

Offline ayanochan

• Hello. I'm new here, and i'm a h!p fan since 2011
« Reply #1802 on: September 13, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
Hello. I'm new here, and I found this group about a few days ago. Their music is good. I looked at their CD's and i wonder what means " Vanilla'' or "Peach'' audio program(Beef or chicken)

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1803 on: September 13, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
Hello. I'm new here, and I found this group about a few days ago. Their music is good. I looked at their CD's and i wonder what means " Vanilla'' or "Peach'' audio program(Beef or chicken)
Those tracks are included in the low class carrier versions of their latest album. These versions consist basically of the new songs only, not any of the previously released material.

As far as the Vanilla/Peach audio programs are concerned, they're not actual songs. I haven't heard them but from what I've read they're basically "talk shows" with the group members.

If you have in mind getting the album and you're not too familiar with what the group has released so far, I'd recommend the first class edition. It has all the new songs along with the singles released in the previous year and a bonus track from the sub unit hachaketai. You can't go wrong.  :)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1804 on: September 14, 2015, 01:03:29 AM »
PCI is Pony Canyon which is decent although they've been cheaping out on Babyraids' recent videos (even by their standards). At least, Pony Canyon isn't shy about pressing Blu-rays since they do a lot of anime stuff also. If this move means that somehow PASSPO will start releasing Blu-rays of their lives, that would be even better. There's no way that Makocchan's grad concert is rereleased on Blu-ray with all 6 and a half hours on it though.

First Class is the way to go. Comes with a DVD with solo bits from Honey Dish too.

Peach and Vanilla exist so passengers can buy multiple copies for handshakes and stuff without going completely broke at release events.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1805 on: September 14, 2015, 07:37:42 AM »
Always go first class . . . that would be my recommendation.

Although wait, so if they're not on Universal anymore does that mean the DVD's won't be all region anymore? But then again the possibilities of blu-rays is a welcome trade off . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1806 on: September 14, 2015, 09:00:19 AM »
^ I wouldn't worry too much about the region thing, we've discussed it before but I find that hardly anything is restricted by region.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1807 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:04 AM »
^ I wouldn't worry too much about the region thing, we've discussed it before but I find that hardly anything is restricted by region.
I don't know all the other Japanese releases I own not from PASSPO are all region locked. So part of me thinks it might be only Universal that's not region locking. I mean even Sony Music Japan region locked it's Youtube channel for the sake of comparison.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1808 on: September 14, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »
I am not interested in short-lived one-time colabs on stage, so I spare you my commentary. For lives consisting of several groups  (Two Man, Three Man) I would prefer more priority on groups with similar style. So Passpo / Silent Siren, Babyraids and the like. It still feels stange to go for a Three Man like the one with Bellring Girls Heart - Moso Calibration - Rhymeberry (+OA Maison Book Girl) in it's line-up, all of them completely different. There are already enough festivals that present a wide range of diversity.

The region-coding on Youtube isn't that much of a problem now, as there are Add-Ins to bypass them easily - not on mobile though, I give you that. But in comparison posting a comment on LINEblog via VPN is much more difficult. DVD are no problem for me as Europe and Japan share the region code, but I agree that this shouldn't be the case. Region coding was invented for the reason to prevent sales of oversea editions. Obviously neglectable in the case of Japanese Idols, that have no market / production outside Japan borders. Despite that I also fear Blu-Rays would be released with Region Code.

Anyway, I have no specific knowledge on Japanese record companies. I just hope it will be one that handles Idols better, like marketing, Music Videos, more high quality. Without disregarding the fan interaction, like PCI or H!P *grumble*

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1809 on: September 14, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
I don't know all the other Japanese releases I own not from PASSPO are all region locked. So part of me thinks it might be only Universal that's not region locking. I mean even Sony Music Japan region locked it's Youtube channel for the sake of comparison.
Yeah we already discussed this before, of all the stuff I have only 2-3 that are region locked so my experience is different from yours.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1810 on: September 15, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
On the topic of random collabs/2-3 group events, I LOL'd when I saw Hacchake-tai is having one with BiSH on Friday!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1811 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:23 PM »
On the topic of random collabs/2-3 group events, I LOL'd when I saw Hacchake-tai is having one with BiSH on Friday!
You can't be serious :panic: . . .

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1812 on: September 15, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
Me too. Not even the "real" PASSPO would fit there. :grin:
But after I saw Rhymeberry performing right after Necronomidol, I can't be surprised anymore :nervous

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1813 on: September 15, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »
Are they gonna switch costumes this time too? Not sure I want to see Morishi dressed like a bum.  :smhid
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:27:01 PM by clem84 »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1814 on: September 15, 2015, 05:09:30 PM »
Me too. Not even the "real" PASSPO would fit there. :grin:
But after I saw Rhymeberry performing right after Necronomidol, I can't be surprised anymore :nervous
Ehhh.. the first show we went to in the end of July was even more all over the place, gay idols, mexican acoustic inspired dude, distortion punk (Guitar Wolf) among others.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1815 on: September 15, 2015, 05:19:44 PM »
I know (and love) the huge diversity in genre at idol lives. My comment was more to point out the extent of it ;) I see a much greater gap between Dark Metal whatever and HipHop, so it made a much better example. The differences at the live you mentioned felt natural in comparison (my opinion). But otherwise you are right ;)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1817 on: September 16, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
Anyways the label change is a good thing I guess since that means they aren't going to break up anytime soon. I read an article a while ago that said concept of J-POP idols is changing and idols stay longer in the business, so maybe they'll go on for many years :) (I saw that one of the girls from Yururirapo turned 27 the other day)

Are they gonna switch costumes this time too? Not sure I want to see Morishi dressed like a bum.  :smhid
Probably not since those are the new costumes they will probably use them until the start promoting their single in the new year.

(Doh misunderstood that)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:59:44 PM by Rezar »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1818 on: September 16, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »
I doubt that they will do the same with BiSH. But on the other hand: It is soon Halloween, lol

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1819 on: September 16, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
Apparently the Hacchaketai x BiSH thing is the 3rd in a series of "2-man" lives. The previous one was BiSH x Yurumerumo. No idea who the first one was.

http://www.girlpop.jp/schedule/detail/?e_id=51589

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru