JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Diary

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573354 times)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2180 on: May 14, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
I just realized this, but are they all holding their mics like a normal person in these pics? I thought they held mics with their palms facing out or is this something they've never been consistent on?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2181 on: May 14, 2016, 11:20:51 AM »
I know what you mean. WING or WANTED for example has Morishi holding the mic differently. But no idea if this is part of the choreography or personal preference. In the beginnings of the group probably the first.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2182 on: May 14, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
Video with the new uniforms.

So when do the people who are unable to go to their lives get to hear the new song?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2183 on: May 14, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »
As usual they wait until it's released!

I just realized this, but are they all holding their mics like a normal person in these pics? I thought they held mics with their palms facing out or is this something they've never been consistent on?
They only do that for some songs, it seems to be part of the choreography.

I know what you mean. WING or WANTED for example has Morishi holding the mic differently. But no idea if this is part of the choreography or personal preference. In the beginnings of the group probably the first.
It's not just Morishi, they all do it.

----------

kinda unrelated so I'm just leaving this here...

I think this this song sounds a lot like a mix of PASSPO/Band Maid

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:12:50 PM by Rezar »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2184 on: May 14, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
:? ...  :O

I guess it fits the bachelorette theme but, wow... Not what I expected.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2185 on: May 14, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
3rd pic is from "7's up" hence the star lights in their other hands. Kind of pointless since you can't see the lights during the day.

Shame that Morishi and Aipon are more covered up since they seemed to have developed some good defined abs lately. Again Naomi with the weird curtain-like covering even though it's a 2-piece outfit for her.

Looks like this is what they'll be wearing for at least the next 2-3 months. I think I recalls seeing Baseball Girls wearing something similar a few months back.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2186 on: May 14, 2016, 06:32:37 PM »
I see what you did there, Rezar. and it's unfair since the pervert Passpo fan used to be qwiksXnd, not me.  :P

I don't hate the new outfit, I'd even say it looks better than most of their recent ones. okay, the bar is set very low here but still...  :P it just bugs me that it 1- it is a very "ordinary idol group outfit", like there are thousands of uniforms very similar to those and 2- it doesn't appear to relate to their flight attendants concept at all. well, a lot of things the group has done (as the already mentioned mic handling) recently don't, to be fair. but still seems weird to me. like they are a totally different group (concept wise) now. (from flight attendants to girls band) I guess that's their intention though so kudos to them.  :huhuh

I still like Passpo but I'm kinda bored with the group as a whole. just as if I've already seen it all and even enjoyable songs as Mr Wednesday appear like a deja vu. the new song introducing the members for example, it's so 2010 you know... in the choreography they even go making some moves similar to Lyrical School in My Kawaii Nichijoutachi. and since I mentioned them, take that group and compare. the difference is abysmal, with all due respect. look at their most recent MV

and see what is a group surprising people every step they take. passpo need new producers for yesterday! 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:40:27 PM by tsutomo »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2187 on: May 14, 2016, 06:45:35 PM »
They just need to not have mio make their outfits

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2188 on: May 14, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »
no kidding, with all respect to MioMio, but her drawing (most of the time) sucks and her outfit drawings/concepts/ideas/whatever suck even more. just handle the work to a professional in that area, plz.

oh man, good times. this group miss Macocchan and Sakotii so much...

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2189 on: May 14, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
I always thought letting Mio design the costumes was a way, like many other things, to shrink their operating budget. "A professional designer? No need. Mio can draw, let her do it. A actual band??? Are you kidding me? Girls, time to start practicing those instruments. Concerts posters/fliers? Let the fans design them. It's PERFECT!"  :twisted:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2190 on: May 14, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
I don't get your Band argument. Passpo has a band and the girls playing instruments was for most of them their own desire.
Whatever the results may be, I support the management decision to engage the members in production work. This helps the motivation and gives them experience for their future after the Idol life.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2191 on: May 14, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »
I don't get your Band argument. Passpo has a band and the girls playing instruments was for most of them their own desire.
Whatever the results may be, I support the management decision to engage the members in production work. This helps the motivation and gives them experience for their future after the Idol life.

I was more or less joking. I don't disagree with your points. I just think it's convenient for the management. A "kill two birds with one stone" kind of thing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:05:53 PM by clem84 »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2192 on: May 19, 2016, 08:07:55 AM »
I didn't want to go to TIF mainly because of the heat - BUT I have idol-withdrawal so I was playing with the thought of going, and now it was just announced that PASSPO/Silent Siren will have a 2-man on the 16'th of August so I guess I have to go!!!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2193 on: May 19, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
I has holding on to the ever so slight hope that maybe Silent Siren would bring PASSPO☆ when they come here in July, but that was always a really, really unlikely possibility . . .

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2194 on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:43 AM »
So, Rezar, you will attend the Two Man plus TIF?
In that case I expect an extensive review about both here ;)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2195 on: May 19, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »
So, Rezar, you will attend the Two Man plus TIF?
In that case I expect an extensive review about both here ;)
Well IF I go, I will attend both - still need to wait to see how well my leg heals, but there is a lot of time so I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

(And ofc I need to be sure I can get a ticket for the 2-man)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2196 on: May 19, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

Still no footage of the song for those who haven't seen it yet. Sorry.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2197 on: May 20, 2016, 09:24:39 PM »
^ someone put today's Platinum Showcase on YT, so here it is (warning: not on mobile devices, at least not on iPad)

@8:10 Seven's Up
@28:30  Bachelorette - it's a straightforward poprock song, not bad but also not terribly catchy, a nice album track imo.

ps. MV premiers June 10th
ps. Mio looks 12y old in that dress.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2198 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
I can honestly say that I really like both songs. 7's Up is great fun despite the speak-sing, whereas Bachelorette is the classic PASSPO song pattern I like listening to. :heart:

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2199 on: May 21, 2016, 07:11:53 AM »
^ agree, classic PASSPO was my impression as well, I like it a lot - 7's up is ok as well it will probably be better once you can hear the music better.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:37:06 AM by Rezar »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Diary