JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573384 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2280 on: September 10, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
the problem is that unlike other groups, where the girls are happy to be idols and continue like that, in Passpo you have a bunch of girls who see the idol thing as a path or stage only, wanting to be something else. in this aspect, I think we could compare Passpo to AKB48. that`s why Passpo puts so much pressure on achievements, sales, new stuff, more involvement of the girls in production, etc. I don`t need to link here that old video where MioMio says she doesn`t like "being an idol", do I?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2281 on: September 10, 2016, 04:25:37 PM »
Pretty much all idols aspire to be actresses or artists, only a few are happy to be just idols.

I guess I should say, idols with any talent - obviously there are those that are happy to be idols instead of working at a burger joint.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:37:52 PM by Rezar »

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2282 on: September 10, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »
After listening to that @JAM colab song I realized that it's basically a partly rip-off of TRACKS, but I guess it's probably the same composer.

The original version of @Jam theme (written by Hyadian) is from aug. 2014, so 3 months before Tracks was released. This is version #3.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2283 on: September 10, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
After listening to that @JAM colab song I realized that it's basically a partly rip-off of TRACKS, but I guess it's probably the same composer.

The original version of @Jam theme (written by Hyadian) is from aug. 2014, so 3 months before Tracks was released. This is version #3.
Oh the chorus is pretty much the same.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2284 on: September 11, 2016, 01:46:09 AM »
 :lol: your comment was so wrong but I won`t bother correcting you, Rezar. I know the lost case you are.  :P

and no need in ordering me to go back watching korean idols. I`m already doing it. rofl feels so good, man.  :fap

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2285 on: September 11, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »
Surprised this hasn't been posted. Info on next single.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/201477?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

- Next single will apparently be called "Gimme gimme action", and the B-side "Love refrain"
- November 23rd.
- Silent Siren contributed to the music on love refrain
- new costumes will be revealed on Oct. 8 if I'm reading this right

PASSPO☆「ギミギミaction / ラブリフレイン」収録内容

CD
01. ギミギミaction
02. ラブリフレイン
03. ギミギミaction(instrumental)
04. ラブリフレイン(instrumental)

TYPE A付属DVD
・ギミギミaction(Music Video)
TYPE B付属DVD
・ラブリフレイン(Music Video)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2286 on: September 11, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »
Surprised this hasn't been posted. Info on next single.
Well that article is from today, I hadn't checked twitter and stuff yet ;)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2287 on: September 11, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Lovely news. Hopefully there will be many release events.  :)
Must re-adjust my budget then :D

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2288 on: September 11, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
The outfits will be the members as their favorite action stars. Unfortunately, this means Morishi is John McLane from Die Hard again?
Or maybe b/c the songs are from female/male perspectives, PASSPO danso?

It's PASSPO, which means there might be too many release events?

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2289 on: September 14, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
I'm kind of out of the loop because of this secret project I got assigned to help work on, but a Hachake Tai single came out? Was this even promoted? Also I'm curious to see what "action stars" end up being used.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2290 on: September 14, 2016, 12:05:44 PM »
It was announced already early this year and they performed the song during the last One Man already (March?). The dates for release events were also announced a few months ago already. (I contemplated on going there.)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2291 on: September 14, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
I'm totally not serious about the action star outfits. Just a random excuse to remind everyone about when Morishi was John McClane b/c it's so silly.

Hacchake-tai have been promoting their single for a while and their 3rd one-man is happening this Saturday (September 17th) afternoon at Shibuya club asia, which is maybe the same size as the previous places?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2292 on: September 14, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
I'm totally not serious about the action star outfits. Just a random excuse to remind everyone about when Morishi was John McClane b/c it's so silly.
Oh thank god, it looked ridiculous.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2293 on: September 14, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
Club Asia is maybe 300 people? It is a stupidly small venue.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2294 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:40 PM »
Maybe I'm too used to promoted songs having music videos to which there is none for this . . .

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2295 on: September 14, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
On oct. 10 a public debate concerning the future of the group will be held, including band situation.

Big crisis? Not moving forward anymore for a long time now, declining sales figures, unrest among members...

I wonder what the options are.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2296 on: September 14, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »
I think it's probably them not moving forward that is the issue, as I said previously I don't think it's possible for them with their concept.

And they are all at the age that they are probably looking at other things to do.

Maybe it wasn't a typo when Morishi said the November one-man would be the last PASSPO one-man (she corrected it to "in 2016 later").

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2297 on: September 14, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
They've been around almost 7 years so they don't have the "fresh" factor going for them.
They don't have dozens of members like a 48/46 group which would help them fill a big arena even if they lip-synced.
They're not completely metal like BABYMETAL so they can't ride that wave (not that anyone smaller than BABYMETAL attempted to do Tokyo Dome anyway).
They're not super active/captivating on social media like some other groups who are less talented.

While I do like them, they have a lot going against them. Regardless, they're definitely a solid 2nd-3rd tier idol group.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2298 on: September 14, 2016, 05:44:07 PM »
I don't interprete so much negativity into this announcement. I am more intrigued on why they hold an official and public meeting about it. This would appear rather unique to me. As much as I can tell from the notice, one of the main points is the the question, if they should increase performances as BAND. This would have an effect on the idol unit PASSPO, maybe even disbandment, but not neccessarily. It was always my opinion that most of the members like the "evolution" into a band. I think it was Morishi who said that.
I stay calm. Announcements by PASSPO often seemed more than what they actually became. And if it comes to the worst case scenario, I am happy to be around for their last shows. Otherwise that is the reality of idol. Like Annya once said: Idols don't stay for eternity. Sad, but nothing to get too emotional about.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2299 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »
I don't interprete so much negativity into this announcement. I am more intrigued on why they hold an official and public meeting about it. This would appear rather unique to me.

seconded.

note that it is scheduled to last less than one hour, so can`t be a REAL meeting with intense discussions. I`d guess on the pool about the band formation too. they may want to decide whether increase or decrease the use of the concept, so are now wanting to know the opinion of everyone specially fans. they could of course make this a simple online survey, but maybe they think this 'more intimate' pool looks cooler? plus they can charge an entrance fee and get some more money too. rofl

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI