JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - I`ll Give (This Happy Time For You)

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573388 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2340 on: October 10, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »
I don`t mind some songs or a few full shows once in a while with them playing instruments as a band. that`s actually cool. but they are primarily an idol group. so if they try to emulate Silent Siren/Scandal/etc too much, I`ll have to kiss them goodbye.

Passpo has some nice rockish songs, but I`m with infzer0, their idolish songs from early on are better and funnier. Material Girl, Let It Go, La La Love Train, Pretty Lie... over the top, imo.

oh and too bad they are having to reuse Palet`s uniforms. well, I guess it could be worse... they could have to perform naked due to lack of money. .... .... hey, thinking about it, this could actually be a great idea to make them more popular. Oppaipon`s breasts alone would be capable of fulfilling all Tokyo Dome seats in seconds!  :w00t: (producers, take note!)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2341 on: October 10, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »
I guess it could be worse... they could have to perform naked due to lack of money. .... .... hey, thinking about it, this could actually be a great idea to make them more popular. Oppaipon`s breasts alone would be capable of fulfilling all Tokyo Dome seats in seconds!  :w00t: (producers, take note!)

:bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes:

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2342 on: October 10, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »
Oppaipon`s breasts alone would be capable of fulfilling all Tokyo Dome seats in seconds!  :w00t: (producers, take note!)
Without kidding I'm pretty sure they could fill at least the TDCH with just her naked on stage  :panic:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2343 on: October 10, 2016, 05:30:42 PM »
I think my brain just died trying to imagine this . . .

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2344 on: October 12, 2016, 05:54:46 PM »
Gimme gimme jingle bells radio rip:

Ha, just figured out the new musical direction after listening to the new single -
as Naomi neither Yukimi can or will ever be able to play a decent guitar solo Aipon's gonna take that role on the organ.
She plays the piano since early childhood so she must be capable to fill in that role (this could even be a demand by Ai herself in order to stay in the limelight when in band mode).

So they're going to conquer the world as the cutest 70's progrockers on earth. Groovy!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:35:40 PM by hanji »

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2345 on: October 12, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
^ wow
i dont usually like xmas related songs, but this actually not bad lol. is this the song that silent siren wrote for them ?

I don`t mind some songs or a few full shows once in a while with them playing instruments as a band. that`s actually cool. but they are primarily an idol group. so if they try to emulate Silent Siren/Scandal/etc too much, I`ll have to kiss them goodbye.

I do agree if they become too similar to silent siren and starting to abandon their "idol" aspect...damn..i'd hate to see that happen. I hope not !

I always thought they playing instrument during the 'Perfect Sky' single is a one-off thing, but they keep doing it until now, and even become "band passpo". Dont get me wrong though, it's still kinda cool to see Annya playing drums etc etc,but i prefer the "idol" passpo much much better with all the energetic dances and loud mix/chants from the wota fans instead of just standing there watching. For the instruments, they should just let the ground crew to do their work instead  :roll:

As for Oppaipon breast talk...

They maybe need to do more gravure.... remember the passpo-no-po gravure dvd back then ? (i have the whole set). We need more/something like that again! yep, gravure shot.... the whole group..not just aipon.  :lol:

(...oh right they focusing to be the band, so we can scrape that idea i guess)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2346 on: October 12, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »
This is not the Silent Siren song, also I too am not a fan of Christmas songs (I used to work at an electronic store where this kind of s*** got played to death during the holiday) and am glad that this song isn't too Christmas like . . .

Now this is the Silent Siren one . . .

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2347 on: October 13, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
I just noticed that JeJeJeJet!! is now listed as out of print on CD Japan. Should I be worried? (I never got around to buying any of the albums before Tracks)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2348 on: October 13, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »
Doubt it will hard to get, amazon still has it and if nothing else you could buy it used.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2349 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »
You're talking to the guy that's still trying to figure out if Silent Siren's first album is worth paying almost $200 for new on Amazon . . . this is part of where the fear comes from.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2350 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
Hmmm, then you are probably going to be mad at me for winning this auction for 8,500 yen sometime last year

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d165552989

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2351 on: October 13, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »
Hmmm, then you are probably going to be mad at me for winning this auction for 8,500 yen sometime last year

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d165552989

Can you have the stuff you win on Yahoo auctions delivered outside of Japan? Or do you use something like Tenso?

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2352 on: October 13, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
Isn't that used? I prefer to buy new when possible . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2353 on: October 13, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
^ Yes they are used but, they are as new (with extras).

^^ Yes "buyee" is a proxy bidder owned by Tenso - if you have a tenso account it will also work at buyee.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:53:15 PM by Rezar »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2354 on: October 13, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »
Well considering this is useless information at this point, it's all just meh . . .

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2355 on: October 14, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »
passpo performance at babyraids emotional idorock festival last week 07.10.2016

(tracklist: mudai, pretty lie, then change to Band passpo - wanted, candy room and shoujo hikou)

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2356 on: October 15, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
passpo performance at babyraids emotional idorock festival last week 07.10.2016

(tracklist: mudai, pretty lie, then change to Band passpo - wanted, candy room and shoujo hikou)

Pretty lie is a song I never thought much of until recently. After seeing it a few times along with the crowd interaction, it is now one of my favorite live songs from them.

I just noticed that JeJeJeJet!! is now listed as out of print on CD Japan. Should I be worried? (I never got around to buying any of the albums before Tracks)

I don't see Any of Passpo's albums ever getting near the 200$ range but my advice would be to not wait too long if you want their earlier albums. TAKE☆OFF 2010 is 6900y new. If you're not picky about the condition and just want to have it in your collection, you can get it used for around 2000y.

While we're on the subject of rare merchandise, I came across something on my last trip I didn't know existed. I met this guy at the Kashiwa Palooza gig on sept. 18. He was from France and it turns out he's an even bigger Passpo fan than I am. He told me he discovered them in 2011 when they went to Paris' Japan expo, which was news to me. I was under the impression they had never left Japan. Anyway, after the concert he showed me this used merchandise store in Akihabara called Mulan. Awesome place. Probably my go to place from now on for idol related music goods. He told me in Passpo's earlier days, many of their singles came out in 10 different editions. One per member. There were also sold in some sort of package that included all the different versions. These boxes are somewhat rare nowadays. He told me he was in the process of tracking down every edition of every single for his collection and that he was, IIRC, 75% of the way through. :O He also told me he was collecting signed stuff. I don't think I would do this personally. I'm fine with having their albums and their latest singles.

While in Mulan, I came across this thing. I don't know if I would call this rare but I've never seen it anywhere online. It's basically some kind of box set for their first three DVD releases. It was around 7500y. This was what I would personally consider to be pricy, but, it was cheaper than buying all three DVDs separately and it included a special box, along with a small photo book. I couldn't really pass this up.  :D

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2357 on: October 15, 2016, 05:12:47 PM »
^ I bought that one as well (used).

Those boxed cd's I bought a couple of as well, and I have that one single in 10 different versions, all of them were pretty cheap.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:08:58 PM by Rezar »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2358 on: October 15, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »
I think I would be fine with buying used if I knew how to determine what's ok to buy . . .

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2359 on: October 15, 2016, 05:27:21 PM »
I have them on PC, lol
And Take Off I bought officially at the Passpo Merchandise Table during TIF 2014, but only because it gave me handshake tickets.
Since then it is gathering dust like all my other CDs.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - I`ll Give (This Happy Time For You)